Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things that annoy you more than they should.. 11:44 - Nov 12 with 29886 views_clive_baker_

The guy in the row behind me at PR who calls Harness Harkness. Grinds my gears.

Non football related but people who overuse the word 'genuinely'. The only thing worse is when people say 'generally' when they really mean 'genuinely'.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 05:36 - Nov 14 with 2053 viewsChurchman

People you are in say a pub with that constantly look at their mobile phone and text. You either want to be here having a drink and talking nonsense or at home playing with your phone. If the former, put your toy away!

Oh and on mobiles, people that talk into them on the train for the entire journey. Yes, I am sure you are important and want to tell the world how great you are, but I really don’t care. Shut up!
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 06:08 - Nov 14 with 2023 viewsbrogansnose

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 05:36 - Nov 14 by Churchman

People you are in say a pub with that constantly look at their mobile phone and text. You either want to be here having a drink and talking nonsense or at home playing with your phone. If the former, put your toy away!

Oh and on mobiles, people that talk into them on the train for the entire journey. Yes, I am sure you are important and want to tell the world how great you are, but I really don’t care. Shut up!

This has happened on a couple of occasions this year. I went to a gig in London at the Troxy last week and the volume and amount of people talking over the quiet segments detracted from the much of the performance. Went to the toilet and at the back were lots , and I mean lots, of people sitting on the floor in groups on their chuffin' phones. Incredible.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:01 - Nov 14 with 1999 viewshoppy

People posting on social media this stupid non-word “en”… give your heads a wobble….

For example, something along the lines of this…

“Home en. Hopefully I’ll get 4 hours sleep 🤣 #ITFC”

*other examples are available.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:41 - Nov 14 with 1961 viewsBluebell

Anyone who says ‘from the get go’

Also anybody who asks if they can ‘get’ a coffee. No, you can ‘have’ one though.

Arghhhhh!

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:50 - Nov 14 with 1954 viewsazuremerlangus

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 22:33 - Nov 13 by reusersfreekicks

The term banger for good music

On that note (no pun intended) new releases now just ‘drop’.

Another term which has become fashionable all of a sudden.

And don’t get me started on the excessive usage (mostly incorrect) of the word ‘Random’

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:53 - Nov 14 with 1943 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:50 - Nov 14 by azuremerlangus

On that note (no pun intended) new releases now just ‘drop’.

Another term which has become fashionable all of a sudden.

And don’t get me started on the excessive usage (mostly incorrect) of the word ‘Random’

No rhyme or reason to its usage… it’s often quite random, isn’t it?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:01 - Nov 14 with 1932 viewsDubtractor

Radio playlists.

I know they have been a thing since forever, but I don't want to hear the same song 15 times a day, every day.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:01 - Nov 14 with 1932 viewsRobTheMonk

I hate it when people say something about "That lives in your head rent free".

Even typing it made me annoyed lol.
Login to get fewer ads

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:13 - Nov 14 with 1918 viewsSwansea_Blue

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:41 - Nov 14 by Bluebell

Anyone who says ‘from the get go’

Also anybody who asks if they can ‘get’ a coffee. No, you can ‘have’ one though.

Arghhhhh!

When someone ahead of me asks ‘can I get a coffee’, I’m always tempted to ask the same and if they say yes then vault over the counter. I haven’t plucked up the courage to do it yet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:19 - Nov 14 with 1910 viewsLesta_Tractor

"off of" and "excited for Christmas/Easter/etc" 😡

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:25 - Nov 14 with 1892 viewsGeoffSentence

That last little dribble that escapes later, no matter how hard you shake.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:28 - Nov 14 with 1881 viewswkj

Greg Wallace. Possibly one of the nicest people out there, but I still want to punch him in the face

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:37 - Nov 14 with 1863 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Sky interviewers asking managers/players: 'how important was this, how important was that, how important was to get that win, how important blah blah blah ...'

Is this written in their contracts to use this term 'how important'?
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:44 - Nov 14 with 1857 viewsRyorry

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 06:08 - Nov 14 by brogansnose

This has happened on a couple of occasions this year. I went to a gig in London at the Troxy last week and the volume and amount of people talking over the quiet segments detracted from the much of the performance. Went to the toilet and at the back were lots , and I mean lots, of people sitting on the floor in groups on their chuffin' phones. Incredible.

..."*amount* of people"

People are not quantities of topsoil, rubble, coffee or sugar that you measure in tons or teaspoons. They're individuals, and counted as the *number* of people!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:58 - Nov 14 with 1837 viewsBuhrer

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:13 - Nov 14 by Swansea_Blue

When someone ahead of me asks ‘can I get a coffee’, I’m always tempted to ask the same and if they say yes then vault over the counter. I haven’t plucked up the courage to do it yet.

"Can I have a BIT of cake?" ......

"No, a bit goes in a horses mouth you div, you meant a piece" I think every time.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:39 - Nov 14 with 1812 views_clive_baker_

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:37 - Nov 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Sky interviewers asking managers/players: 'how important was this, how important was that, how important was to get that win, how important blah blah blah ...'

Is this written in their contracts to use this term 'how important'?

While we're on the subject, that little speck on the right hand side of your avatar always makes me think its some dust on my screen.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:52 - Nov 14 with 1798 viewsford6600

Asking for a fruit scone, sit down take a bite....ugh! Cheese scone.

Nice fruit scone, take knife to cut sideways in two, knife bends! Scone rock hard.

Fantastic huge raisin scone, full of raisins, warmed up, some Flora margarine
starting to melt out onto fingers, strawberry jam likewise, juggle huge scone
two handed to mouth...whole scone disintegrates into small pieces onto table
into lap and onto floor.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:59 - Nov 14 with 1781 viewsChurchman

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:01 - Nov 14 by Dubtractor

Radio playlists.

I know they have been a thing since forever, but I don't want to hear the same song 15 times a day, every day.

On that, DJs that talk over the intro or the end of a song. If you don’t like it, don’t play it. If you play it, I want to hear it through, not you droning on about what’s coming up at 11.50. Shut up!!!
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:01 - Nov 14 with 1770 viewshoppy

Upselling at the checkout… you’ve gone in to buy some bin liners… you get to the till, even say “just those please, thank you”, you have your card ready to pay, and the shop assistant has to say “would you like one of these boxes of perfume for just £19.99 today, sir?”.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:03 - Nov 14 with 1758 viewswkj

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:01 - Nov 14 by hoppy

Upselling at the checkout… you’ve gone in to buy some bin liners… you get to the till, even say “just those please, thank you”, you have your card ready to pay, and the shop assistant has to say “would you like one of these boxes of perfume for just £19.99 today, sir?”.

Enjoy that brief moment of synchronicity with the clerk. I can guarantee you they hate having to upsell as part of a performance review metric more than the saps like us on the other side of the till

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:10 - Nov 14 with 1723 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:59 - Nov 14 by Churchman

On that, DJs that talk over the intro or the end of a song. If you don’t like it, don’t play it. If you play it, I want to hear it through, not you droning on about what’s coming up at 11.50. Shut up!!!

Just a theory but I reckon that goes back to the old days when radio-cassette players were popular. The DJ would talk over the intro or outro so that the recording would be spoilt then anybody who wanted a decent copy would have to go to the record shop and buy the single. That would stop the pirated copies and generate more income from record sales.

Uppa Towen.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:14 - Nov 14 with 1715 viewsDanTheMan

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:59 - Nov 14 by Churchman

Piggybacking off this, wedding DJs are almost always awful. They never seem to do good transitions, BPM is all over the place and my favourite is when people are actually enjoying something and then they just switch it out for something way worse.

And they'll charge insane amounts for all of this.

Better off with a radio playlist!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:15 - Nov 14 with 1701 viewsWeWereZombies

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:01 - Nov 14 by hoppy

Invitations at the till or checkout to donate to charities, usually that incorporate handling fee payable to - you've guessed, the retailer. If I want to donate to charity I will do so from my own inclination, and more importantly to a charity that I choose and have assessed as suitable.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:19 - Nov 14 with 1679 viewsGeoffSentence

Pigeons.

The feral b'stards.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:25 - Nov 14 with 1657 viewsquad

People who use the word 'actually' to try to win an argument. As if adding that word suddenly makes something a fact, and that makes them right and you wrong. Boolarks.

Similarly people who say 'end of'. Who are they to decide it's the end of the argument? If I completely disagree then I'm gonna carry on disagreeing whether you try to tell me I can or not. Who made you the boss of everything all of a sudden?

You're 'a melt'. What sort of sad word is that and what does it even mean??!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024