Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things that annoy you more than they should.. 11:44 - Nov 12 with 29868 views_clive_baker_

The guy in the row behind me at PR who calls Harness Harkness. Grinds my gears.

Non football related but people who overuse the word 'genuinely'. The only thing worse is when people say 'generally' when they really mean 'genuinely'.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:34 - Nov 12 with 2145 viewsSwansea_Blue

1. People who don't have any consideration or spatial awareness when parallel parking (so taking up 2 spaces or parking at the end of the row and leaving half a car's length to the line). Absolute b@rstewards of the highest order.

2. Pedestrian crossings where the green/red man lights are down at hip height on your own
side (invariably hidden behind other people) rather than on the opposite side in the direction you want to go and higher up so they're easier to see. This one really metaphorically grinds my gears

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:47 - Nov 12 with 2119 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:04 - Nov 12 by hoppy

Good reasoning. I’m glad you bought that to the table.

Excellent ! I see what you did there. Definitely deserves an uppy. That really annoys me too ..................

................ and glad to see that you are being the best version of yourself .
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:00 - Nov 12 with 2091 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

1) "Super" being used as an adverb .

2) People who call all-terrain vehicles "quadbikes"
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:01 - Nov 12 with 2089 viewsronnyd

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:25 - Nov 12 by Buhrer

What pacific gear does it grind?

He's got oceans of time to think about that.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:05 - Nov 12 with 2080 viewsJ2BLUE

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:24 - Nov 12 by Kieran_Knows

‘Norwich City, were coming for you’

Only our fcukwit of a fan base could sing that, when we’re above them in the league. Absolute dullards.

Clearly means in the derby though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:10 - Nov 12 with 2079 viewsronnyd

When presenters/reporters say that they're "reaching out" to people/organisations. Why not just say that they're contacting them.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:11 - Nov 12 with 2078 viewsford6600

Absolutely instead of yes a bit tedious...
Group instead of team or squad...
Harkness instead of Harness good idea.
Over the Xmas period.
"Conflated".... on 17:20 - Nov 12 with 2067 viewsPhilTWTD

"Conflated".... on 14:33 - Nov 12 by Bloots

....just say "combined" and stop being such a pretentious helmet.

Think you're incorrectly conflating the two words there.
Login to get fewer ads

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:26 - Nov 12 with 2034 viewsfactual_blue

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:11 - Nov 12 by ford6600

Over the Xmas period.

Harness hear the Angels sing
Marcus Harness is our king*.

Or something

*Figuratively he's king, obviously not literally. That's Camilla.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:55 - Nov 12 with 1994 viewsRyorry

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:11 - Nov 12 by ford6600

Over the Xmas period.

You'd think it's become a criminal offence to answer 'yes'' in an interview, instead the now apparently mandatory faux-enthusuastic "abso-LUTEly".

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:59 - Nov 12 with 1988 viewssolemio

My wife and I - the too of us are just to laid back two worry about all this nonsense.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 19:00 - Nov 12 with 1957 viewsmonkeymagic

Journey
Amazing
Perfect
Reach out
Lean into it
Closure
Back in the day
Legend

I could go on but I will leave it here as I am getting very annoyed.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 21:26 - Nov 12 with 1909 viewsMeadowlark

Fanbase instead of fans.
Second guess instead of guess.
Front-foot/back-foot.
The use of "I" when "me" is correct.
"Absolutely"
Machestunite instead of Manchester United.
Weather forecasters who say the temperature is colder/hotter "than it should be."
The price of Adnams in The Greyhound.
Roadworks traffic lights when the hole is in the pavement.

But mostly I'm quite chilled..........
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 21:32 - Nov 12 with 1891 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:18 - Nov 12 by Ftnfwest

'narrative'. sick to death of it

Give yer head a wobble
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 21:32]
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 22:45 - Nov 12 with 1820 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:55 - Nov 12 by Ryorry

You'd think it's become a criminal offence to answer 'yes'' in an interview, instead the now apparently mandatory faux-enthusuastic "abso-LUTEly".

Or if the question is being asked of a footballer, they can't just answer 'Yes' - it has to be "100%", thus also showing their mathematical prowess.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 23:43 - Nov 12 with 1797 viewsMattinLondon

Extra bits to films at the end of the credits.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 23:55 - Nov 12 with 1781 viewsmrfixit426

Week in, week out.

Day in, day out.

So you mean "every week," or "every day." Both of which are easier to say.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 23:59 - Nov 12 with 1768 viewsVaughan8

People who say:-

Matalands instead of Matalan

And brought instead of bought - I.e "I brought this is Matalands the other day"
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 00:20 - Nov 13 with 1749 viewsWeWereZombies

Well I don't think I can add anything to this thread, other posters seem to have picked the low hanging fruit...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 01:59 - Nov 13 with 1733 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 00:20 - Nov 13 by WeWereZombies

Well I don't think I can add anything to this thread, other posters seem to have picked the low hanging fruit...

The ironing of that being that you have added to it…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 02:06 - Nov 13 with 1730 viewsTresBonne

Slow walkers. Even worse, a group of slow walkers taking up the entire pavement.

Even worse still, a group of slow walkers all having a chit chat and a laugh taking up the entire pavement.

MOVE
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 06:17 - Nov 13 with 1697 viewswkj

Pickles

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:28 - Nov 13 with 1647 viewsKeno

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 06:17 - Nov 13 by wkj

Pickles

In fairness most Tory politicians do, not just Eric

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:34 - Nov 13 with 1642 viewsWeWereZombies

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 06:17 - Nov 13 by wkj

Pickles

Chutneys.

I mean I like bhangra and I like reggae but it is difficult to mix the two.

There again if someone had told me that circus music and hip hop could go together I would have shook my head. My son played me a tape by someone who had done just that and it was hilarious. Clowncore rules.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:09 - Nov 13 with 1600 viewsstrikalite

Right now it's Christmas decorations going up in November..

Then the day after Boxing day they're all down in 100th of the time it took to put them up!

Every year there's no escape.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024