Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things that annoy you more than they should.. 11:44 - Nov 12 with 29962 views_clive_baker_

The guy in the row behind me at PR who calls Harness Harkness. Grinds my gears.

Non football related but people who overuse the word 'genuinely'. The only thing worse is when people say 'generally' when they really mean 'genuinely'.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:28 - Nov 14 with 2537 viewswkj

The rise of Christmas sandwiches or worse... christmas burgers. The mere thought of turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce and other seasonal accoutrements on top of a burger is the pinnacle of wonky boblocks.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:31 - Nov 14 with 2532 viewsDanTheMan

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:25 - Nov 14 by quad

People who use the word 'actually' to try to win an argument. As if adding that word suddenly makes something a fact, and that makes them right and you wrong. Boolarks.

Similarly people who say 'end of'. Who are they to decide it's the end of the argument? If I completely disagree then I'm gonna carry on disagreeing whether you try to tell me I can or not. Who made you the boss of everything all of a sudden?

You're 'a melt'. What sort of sad word is that and what does it even mean??!!

Melt just means idiot basically.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:42 - Nov 14 with 2495 viewsWeWereZombies

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:19 - Nov 14 by GeoffSentence

Pigeons.

The feral b'stards.

The London Pigeon Fanciers Society gave Darwin valuable feedback that enabled him to develop ideas for 'The Origin Of The Species':

https://www.shropshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/blog/darwins-pigeons

You backward looking creationist...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 11:01 - Nov 14 with 2468 viewsGeoffSentence

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:42 - Nov 14 by WeWereZombies

The London Pigeon Fanciers Society gave Darwin valuable feedback that enabled him to develop ideas for 'The Origin Of The Species':

https://www.shropshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/blog/darwins-pigeons

You backward looking creationist...

All's fine so long as they keeptheir fancy pigeons in their lofts. But when they get bored and let them go, that's when all hell breaks loose.

Caused mayhem in my part of the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle.

Neighbours having cross words, people tutting and suggesting dark solutions to the pigeon problem, armed crimes taking place, police involved.

Mayhem.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 11:17 - Nov 14 with 2442 viewsWeWereZombies

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 11:01 - Nov 14 by GeoffSentence

All's fine so long as they keeptheir fancy pigeons in their lofts. But when they get bored and let them go, that's when all hell breaks loose.

Caused mayhem in my part of the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle.

Neighbours having cross words, people tutting and suggesting dark solutions to the pigeon problem, armed crimes taking place, police involved.

Mayhem.

I would suggest that this 'mayhem' was already going on before the pigeons flew in. You know how it goes, as soon as someone different shows up they get all the blame for society's ills.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 11:51 - Nov 14 with 2384 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 11:17 - Nov 14 by WeWereZombies

I would suggest that this 'mayhem' was already going on before the pigeons flew in. You know how it goes, as soon as someone different shows up they get all the blame for society's ills.

I'm not going to risk getting banned from the forum by saying she wouldn't look out of place behind Beattie's Bar on Life's a Pitch, somebody else can do that !
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:30 - Nov 14 with 2344 viewsquad

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:31 - Nov 14 by DanTheMan

Melt just means idiot basically.

Yeah, but then it also means someone who is a wimp or pathetic.

So when someone says "Shut up, you melt", do they mean idiot or wimp or both?

This is why I think it's such a totally crap word and tends to be used by blokes trying to act hard or teenagers trying to look cool.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:31 - Nov 14 with 2333 viewsWeWereZombies

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:30 - Nov 14 by quad

This is why I think it's such a totally crap word and tends to be used by blokes trying to act hard or teenagers trying to look cool.

See also young teens who use the word gay to mean stupid.

Login to get fewer ads

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:49 - Nov 14 with 2293 viewsRyorry

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:30 - Nov 14 by quad

Far worse than that Shirley - doesn't it mean a has-been snowflake that, even if it once had a few hard edges, is now no more than drippy?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:51 - Nov 14 with 2292 viewsfabian_illness

'Can I get', rather than 'please may I have'....(add relevant item)

The use of the word 'bang' to exaggerate something.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:10 - Nov 14 with 2239 viewssolemio

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:51 - Nov 14 by fabian_illness

'Can I get', rather than 'please may I have'....(add relevant item)

The use of the word 'bang' to exaggerate something.

In my local coffee shop someone asked if they could get a cappuccino. The barista replied "No, Sir. I'll get it. You just drink it."

Cheered me up no end.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:16 - Nov 14 with 2194 viewsford6600

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:19 - Nov 14 by GeoffSentence

Pigeons.

The feral b'stards.

I don't mind Pigeons.
But, when my freshly filled bird bath in the garden
is desecrated by a Pigeon sh*tting in it!!
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:07 - Nov 14 with 2159 viewsford6600

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:10 - Nov 14 by solemio

In my local coffee shop someone asked if they could get a cappuccino. The barista replied "No, Sir. I'll get it. You just drink it."

Cheered me up no end.

Guilty....l often say 'can l get' or 'can l have' without
thinking when say l order a drink. Must be my North
London dna. At least l don't say fink or geezer...

Mild annoyance although for a good cause, charity
shops selling Xmas cards in July..
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:51 - Nov 14 with 2127 viewsbluelagos

Pigeons.

The feral b'stards.

We can lock the thread now.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:51 - Nov 14 with 2126 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:16 - Nov 14 by ford6600

I don't mind Pigeons.
But, when my freshly filled bird bath in the garden
is desecrated by a Pigeon sh*tting in it!!

I never trust pigeons. They just appear at full size - I don't recall seeing a baby pigeon. You can't trust that kind of growth model, can you?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 18:58 - Nov 14 with 2085 viewsRyorry

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:51 - Nov 14 by hoppy

I never trust pigeons. They just appear at full size - I don't recall seeing a baby pigeon. You can't trust that kind of growth model, can you?

Ask Rommers.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 19:23 - Nov 14 with 2074 viewsMattinLondon

Pedants annoy me more than they should. Anyone who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules are all rather tiresome.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 19:47 - Nov 14 with 2045 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 19:23 - Nov 14 by MattinLondon

Pedants annoy me more than they should. Anyone who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules are all rather tiresome.

I prefer to be called picky, rather than pedantic.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:55 - Nov 15 with 1961 viewsCrayonKing

People who say "Knowing my luck..." when they've never actually had any hardship or bad luck in their lives
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 11:29 - Nov 15 with 1937 viewsKeno

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 19:47 - Nov 14 by hoppy

I prefer to be called picky, rather than pedantic.

maybe you should rename yourself "nitpickyblue'

actually that should be nitpickyroyalblue'

or maybe nitpickyroyalblue'orangeifweareplayingawayinourchangedkit

oh or

nitpickyroyalblue'orangeifweareplayingawayinourchangedkitorwhitewithpinstipesifweareplayinginourthirdkit

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 13:33 - Nov 15 with 1909 viewsthatbdude

The stop start brigade
The sat nav reffering Ipswich as "Eyepswich"
Slow walkers
CD's in this stupid cardboard case rather than Jewel cases'
People putting East Anglia in the south East
People who think Nodge are a bigger club than us

Poll: Who going down?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 13:42 - Nov 15 with 1893 viewsthatbdude

How safe, boring and tame modern rock (specifically modern British rock). I don't mind Indie rock but every rock band now is like that with their soft vocals, happy lyrics and clean riffs.

Yes I know there are great underground heavier acts but we need to bring it back to the mainstream.

I feel like we need another Nirvana or RATM or a Nu-Metal/Grunge movement and bring back the angry, heavy, and angsty emotions back to the radio. Don't be scared to let all your emotions and scream like a maniac or smash your drum set.

I think music like that would suit the current political and economic state this country is in right now than the safe indie rock that dominates alternative rock.

- Thatters

Poll: Who going down?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:06 - Nov 15 with 1838 viewsRyorry

Poetry read aloud in an affected "poetic voice"

Fiction written in the first person present tense - "I am going through the door and looking at the ..." etc. No you're not, you're writing down what your character saw earlier and coming across as pretentious and irritating. Nearly as bad when it's written in the 3rd person too. Nothing wrong with good old-fashioned "I went" or "she went".

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:21 - Nov 15 with 1833 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:41 - Nov 14 by Bluebell

Anyone who says ‘from the get go’

Also anybody who asks if they can ‘get’ a coffee. No, you can ‘have’ one though.

Arghhhhh!

Threads that get resurrected and this one has annoyed me from the get go too!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:23 - Nov 15 with 1814 viewsKeno

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:21 - Nov 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Threads that get resurrected and this one has annoyed me from the get go too!

just Let it go, let in go ........

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024