Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things that annoy you more than they should.. 11:44 - Nov 12 with 32189 views_clive_baker_

The guy in the row behind me at PR who calls Harness Harkness. Grinds my gears.

Non football related but people who overuse the word 'genuinely'. The only thing worse is when people say 'generally' when they really mean 'genuinely'.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:02 - Nov 18 with 2659 viewsKeno

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:27 - Nov 18 by MJallday

“Unexpected item in the bagging area”

It’s not f****g unexpected- I put it there, I expected it. Stupid ******** things those checkouts

made me laugh cos that happened to be about an hour ago!

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:35 - Nov 18 with 2617 viewsRyorry

Bathroom mixer taps where the cold turns on in one direction & the hot turns on in the opposite direction

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 19:02 - Nov 18 with 2587 viewsheavyweight

Burgers that are served in a brioche bun - its just wrong.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 23:30 - Nov 18 with 2521 viewsWeWereZombies

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:00 - Nov 18 by hoppy

No flies on you, are there?!

Ah yes, those toilet seats that don't stay up but are designed to slowly lower and force you to sit rather than stand. They'll be taking away our flies / zips / buttons next. Bl00dy woke gender fluid literati leftie authoritarian canary snowflake melts...or something.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 04:50 - Nov 19 with 2484 viewsSE1blue

LinkedIn, and especially anyone who gushes about how much they have learned from being laid off and that they're thankful for the opportunity they had.

You've learned companies request 110% from you until they no longer need you and will remove you in a heartbeat. We'd all sooner be sipping cocktails and laying on a beach than going to work, so drop the fake positivity.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 4:51]

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:24 - Nov 19 with 2411 viewsRyorry

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 04:50 - Nov 19 by SE1blue

LinkedIn, and especially anyone who gushes about how much they have learned from being laid off and that they're thankful for the opportunity they had.

You've learned companies request 110% from you until they no longer need you and will remove you in a heartbeat. We'd all sooner be sipping cocktails and laying on a beach than going to work, so drop the fake positivity.

Ditto trite little homilies instructing you to "be happy" or "enjoy every day" etc. Imagine how that comes acroos to people like, eg, cbower (see his thread here "Gents, get yourself checked ..) on the day you've just been diagnosed with cancer.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:50 - Nov 19 with 2379 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

There's like something I like find really like annoying but I'm going to like see if anyone on the like forum can like work out what it might be.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:54 - Nov 19 with 2371 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:50 - Nov 19 by Portmanteauxcurling

There's like something I like find really like annoying but I'm going to like see if anyone on the like forum can like work out what it might be.

Shame this site isn’t like Facebook, where one could give your post a like, but only an up or down arrow to show if they like it.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 15:08]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:58 - Nov 19 with 2366 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:54 - Nov 19 by hoppy

Shame this site isn’t like Facebook, where one could give your post a like, but only an up or down arrow to show if they like it.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 15:08]

I'd like like a like like.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:02 - Nov 19 with 2352 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 14:50 - Nov 19 by Portmanteauxcurling

Is it being called Shane?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:11 - Nov 19 with 2326 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:02 - Nov 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is it being called Shane?

I'm not called Shane but that would be defo well annoying from the get go (but not enough to make me loose my mind over it)
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:13 - Nov 19 with 2318 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:11 - Nov 19 by Portmanteauxcurling

I'm not called Shane but that would be defo well annoying from the get go (but not enough to make me loose my mind over it)

Enough to get hoppy to edit his reply, that!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:47 - Nov 19 with 2282 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:13 - Nov 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Enough to get hoppy to edit his reply, that!

I can edit it if I like, like. Whatevs!

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:46 - Nov 19 with 2237 viewsRyorry

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:47 - Nov 19 by hoppy

I can edit it if I like, like. Whatevs!

Like that's not ever gonna be called props entitled ...

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:25 - Nov 19 with 2205 viewsKeno

People who wish you a Happy Christmas in November 'in case we dont see you before'

fecking eejits

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:32 - Nov 19 with 2196 viewsbluelagos

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 04:50 - Nov 19 by SE1blue

Just in case you've not followed these guys, can be quite amusing.

https://x.com/StateOfLinkedIn?s=20

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 18:07 - Nov 19 with 2171 viewsbazza

Not sure if already said, but international breaks… are really starting to annoy me more than they should..
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 18:11 - Nov 19 with 2154 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

When you order a Coke, or similar soft drink, and it comes with a straw in it.

Just because I'm not having booze doesn't mean I'm I child.
If you don't take it out and put it on the table you run the risk of it poking you in the eye. And if it's plastic as well then it's just more unnecessary waste.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 19:56 - Nov 19 with 2086 viewsChurchman

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:35 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

Bathroom mixer taps where the cold turns on in one direction & the hot turns on in the opposite direction

On this topic, I give you the modern sink plug.

As a yoof when the world was black and white, you put this little plastic or rubber circular thing in the hole in the sink and hey presto, the water stayed in the bowl. It even came equipped with a dinky little chain to hoik it out when you’d finished. Worked every time.

Fast forward to the 2020s and we have new technology. You press the plug down and it holds itself in. When finished, you press it in and up it rises. Whoopee!

But it doesn’t. Limescale, detritus, soap, hair etc means in no time it jams leaving you to fiddle about removing it. Then you have to clean it all up and the mechanism underneath so it can limp along for another few weeks.

My parents had one with a little lever that lifted it. Forever breaking, they resorted to the plastic plug after removing the stupid mechanism.

Little chain and a bit of plastic/rubber and job done.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 20:44 - Nov 19 with 2044 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 19:56 - Nov 19 by Churchman

As a yoof when the world was black and white, you put this little plastic or rubber circular thing in the hole in the sink and hey presto, the water stayed in the bowl. It even came equipped with a dinky little chain to hoik it out when you’d finished. Worked every time.

Fast forward to the 2020s and we have new technology. You press the plug down and it holds itself in. When finished, you press it in and up it rises. Whoopee!

But it doesn’t. Limescale, detritus, soap, hair etc means in no time it jams leaving you to fiddle about removing it. Then you have to clean it all up and the mechanism underneath so it can limp along for another few weeks.

My parents had one with a little lever that lifted it. Forever breaking, they resorted to the plastic plug after removing the stupid mechanism.

Don’t forget you also get those ones now that are just on a swivel to open and close… oft found in places such as Premier Inn…

Which also reminds me… hotels that JUST have a fixed overhead shower head, that you can’t remove to rinse off like you can the ones mounted on a riser.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 20:51 - Nov 19 with 2021 viewsPlums

Lane markings painted on the road. How on earth are you supposed to see them when they're covered in vehicles? Get something up overhead as they do in civilised countries.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 21:25 - Nov 19 with 1964 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:25 - Nov 19 by Keno

People who wish you a Happy Christmas in November 'in case we dont see you before'

fecking eejits

Just ask people like that whether that means you can't have a happy Christmas if you DO see them before.

On a related note, this from a few years ago. A farmer who had an account at the agricultural dealership that I worked at (yes, I'm a tractor boy in more ways than one) had retired so we rarely saw him - his son ran the farm but he would still make an occasional appearance as he liked to tinker with stuff on the farm and had a big collection of vintage machinery. We hadn't seen him for months but he came into the parts department on a hot, midsummer day for some odds and sods so when he left he jokingly said "Have a happy Christmas if I don't see you before". As he was walking across the carpark back to his car he collapsed and according to somebody who witnessed it, he was dead before he hit the ground. He was a really nice chap and now, whenever I hear that annoying phrase, I think of him and that fateful day.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 08:52 - Nov 20 with 1861 viewsRyorry

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 19:56 - Nov 19 by Churchman

Yep, agreed, ridiculous, tho mine are at least ones that you can pull up with a lever. But the fact they're fixed in place means you can't add your own filter 'sieve', makes it very difficult to get any kind of snake or twizzler down for lifting hair, and also makes plunging a lot more difficult.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 20:05 - Nov 21 with 1699 viewsWhos_blue

Mint flavoured chocolate orange.

I mean WTF?!?

[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 22:41]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 20:30 - Nov 21 with 1681 viewsPlums

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 20:05 - Nov 21 by Whos_blue

Mint flavoured chocolate orange.

I mean WTF?!?

[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 22:41]

Chocolate and orange full stop. The food of Beelzebub.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024