Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yellow line up Saturday 21:11 - Apr 3 with 7421 viewsyellowrider120

Gunn

Stacey
Duffy
Gibson
McCallum

Nunez
McLean
Sara
Sainz

Barnes
Sargent

The centre backs have 'howlers' in them particularly when they try and play the ball out. Sara and Sainz can be real match winners and score sublime goals. Expect you will try and wind up Sainz as he has a bit of an 'edge' to him. Sargent has a great goalscoring record but his first touch is not great and he still carries his long term ankle injury.

Our bench is woefully thin with Rowe and Argos being injured. SVH has been a great big flop whilst Wagner refuses to give the highly rated Ken Aboh real game time.
That defence.... on 22:27 - Apr 3 with 1800 viewsNthQldITFC

That defence.... on 22:05 - Apr 3 by yellowrider120

Yes - USA does look a lot like Art Garfunkel for sure!

However, your description of our midfield is, er, slightly 'wide of the mark' as you'll see Saturday. Sara walks into your starting eleven with ease.

I don't think he does because of the way we play. Good player in a different system, but he doesn't have the mobility or tenacity to sit in our 'two'. Sargent would certainly get a look in and maybe Sainz although I don't know enough about his work ethic to be sure. Bench option probably. No-one else.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:28 - Apr 3 with 1773 viewsFrimleyBlue

So

Go in hard on Sargent then sainz yeah

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:35 - Apr 3 with 1771 viewsDinnernotTea

I know Chaplin is God but for me I'd have Hutchinson & Broadhead as the 10s. Solely because of scum's centre back mobility. When these two get on the half turn and commit it would cause carnage. Both of these are better than Chaplin at doing that.

Huge issue we have is that no Burns and Sarmiento is never a starter. The Burns injury really has killed that right side for us.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:45 - Apr 3 with 1743 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Rowe is out injured? Or is he "injured"? I seem to recall there being 2 or 3 out last time we played you who miraculously played - was Rowe one of them? Let's hope that if he does make a miraculous recovery, the officials know the offside rule this time. Will be nice for the referee not to fall for Barnes' back in then throw himself to ground and claim the foul all the time too.

Gibbs will be on the bench again? He knows his dad's not proud of him ... but will be if he does an Ullathorne with Gunny's son!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:46 - Apr 3 with 1735 viewsTrequartista

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:28 - Apr 3 by FrimleyBlue

So

Go in hard on Sargent then sainz yeah

Those two will both be knackered from Suzuka qualifying.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:47 - Apr 3 with 1712 viewsFrimleyBlue

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:46 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

Those two will both be knackered from Suzuka qualifying.

Nah Sargent won't make it past practice.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Yellow line up Saturday on 02:52 - Apr 4 with 1582 viewscharlie1

Yellow line up Saturday on 21:16 - Apr 3 by GeoffSentence

Sainz is a cheating cwnt and I'd love to see him sent off.

Just a horrible little rat of a man.
Yellow line up Saturday on 05:00 - Apr 4 with 1556 viewsEdwardF

You're posting on our site once again: why do you do it? Attention seeking?
#TheYellowFilth have 2 forums of their own:
1. WOTB
2.The Pink Un
Post there

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Login to get fewer ads

Yellow line up Saturday on 06:03 - Apr 4 with 1534 viewsWacko

Yellow line up Saturday on 05:00 - Apr 4 by EdwardF

1. WOTB
2.The Pink Un
Post there

Chill he's being civil - and it was a useful info to know who we might be up against

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Yellow line up Saturday on 08:00 - Apr 4 with 1432 viewsITFCSG

Yellow line up Saturday on 02:52 - Apr 4 by charlie1

Just a horrible little rat of a man.

Sainz the cheating Budgie filth was constantly goading the home fans and making gestures to the crowd after the final whistle. Hopefully Morsy and Luongo will take him to the cleaners on Saturday
Yellow line up Saturday on 08:47 - Apr 4 with 1367 viewsGeoffSentence

Yellow line up Saturday on 08:00 - Apr 4 by ITFCSG

Sainz the cheating Budgie filth was constantly goading the home fans and making gestures to the crowd after the final whistle. Hopefully Morsy and Luongo will take him to the cleaners on Saturday

Sainz rolling around clutching his face in an effort to get Burns penalised, then bouncing straight up when the ref wasn't fooled and gave the free kick our way is the image I have of him.

Cheating tw@t trying to fool the ref into sending off a player.

How I laughed when he got sent off a few games later for waving an imaginary card.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

High scoring games on 08:47 - Apr 4 with 1366 viewsDyland

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:15 - Apr 3 by NthQldITFC

Are you 4-4-2 in attack as well as the cowering defensive formation?

You had Sara sitting too deep earlier in the season I think, didn't you? Is he playing more advanced now?

I suspect a fairly high scoring game, but if we can win the midfield battle (Morsy and a firing Luongo will probably be enough, even though it wasn't against Saints) and get you pressed back, Hutchinson and Broadhead will unlock your ropey defence. Broadhead saved a few for you from last time, I think.

Do Sargent and Barnes-Door play as a two now?

As most would agree I think, it's Sargent and Sainz that concern me a little. Think Rowe is injured isn't he? He looks a dangerous individual to me, but not a team player, and I'm not surprised you've improved now you're not relying on him.

I dreamed last night we went two nil up, then Nodge scored four, then we scored four making it 6-4 to Town. Kayden scored our sixth. There were 46 seconds to go last I can recall from the foggy unconscious.

It was an anxiety dream despite the outcome. Now we're back in the top two I'm nervous as fack again, especially considering we haven't beaten this lot for so fackin long.

Er COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yellow line up Saturday on 09:09 - Apr 4 with 1321 viewsJ4ck22

Yellow line up Saturday on 08:00 - Apr 4 by ITFCSG

I remember in the home game, he tried to give Clarke a proper shove and barely moved him
Yellow line up Saturday on 09:53 - Apr 4 with 1249 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yellow line up Saturday on 21:56 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

Cheers.

Morsy is far too smart to fall for that. Downes tried it for Southampton. There was one point where Southampton broke and Downes was on the floor literally holding Morsy back and it looked like Morsy was just laughing.

And then keeps going, easily brushes of Armstrong's lazy attempt to foul him, sweeps a pinpoint pass out to Leif. Leif to Jezza - boom. I think Morsy won that battle, even if S'ton got the better of some early skirmishes. He certainly won't fall for any nonsense. He's more likely to get a yellow taking one for the team though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

High scoring games on 09:57 - Apr 4 with 1229 viewsFromReuserWithLove

High scoring games on 08:47 - Apr 4 by Dyland

I dreamed last night we went two nil up, then Nodge scored four, then we scored four making it 6-4 to Town. Kayden scored our sixth. There were 46 seconds to go last I can recall from the foggy unconscious.

It was an anxiety dream despite the outcome. Now we're back in the top two I'm nervous as fack again, especially considering we haven't beaten this lot for so fackin long.

Er COYFB

All believable until 'Kayden scored''

Yellow line up Saturday on 10:04 - Apr 4 with 1214 viewsyellowrider120

Yellow line up Saturday on 05:00 - Apr 4 by EdwardF

1. WOTB
2.The Pink Un
Post there

How charming of you!
I do post on No 2. for your information.

'Attention seeking'? Er, No. I like the banter but unlike most posters either on here on Norwich Forums, I'm objective enough to give credit where and when ii's due and currently you (well not 'you' personally of course) deserve every plaudit going for the turnround at the club in the last 16 months.
Yellow line up Saturday on 10:19 - Apr 4 with 1182 viewsyellowrider120

Yellow line up Saturday on 21:44 - Apr 3 by MK1

What is it like seeing us where we are?

Norwich fans are stunned by what's happened this season down the A140 / A14. Not one of us saw it coming and I very much doubt there are many Town fans who put any money on automatic promotion. What has been impressive is the complete 'togetherness' on and off the pitch with no infighting, rival cliques etc. In contrast we have been riven by internal dissent, protracted 'takeover' and condescending remarks aimed at the fans made by the owner and ex Sporting Director. Yes the crowd will be 'up for it' Saturday but that will not be 'par for the course' this season. It's nothing to do with feeling 'entitled' or anything like that but feeling being taken for granted and ridiculed by the owner. A lengthy 'stand off' between the club and the local media only served to fuel that divide.
The recent upturn in form / results has helped but the ill feeling continues to simmer just below the surface. Take the Leicester away match. We always take a big following there and sold our allocation. However the club only asked for 2k as they thought few would travel. They do nothing by way of positive communication with the fans. We have no Chairman and no CEO with (until recently) two married couples running the show and immune from objective criticism. That is not the way to run a successful professional football club at this level. One can but hope that Attanasio (If he ever does assume control) will take a different strategy.
High scoring games on 10:33 - Apr 4 with 1142 viewsDyland

High scoring games on 09:57 - Apr 4 by FromReuserWithLove

All believable until 'Kayden scored''

arfs, naughty ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That defence.... on 10:47 - Apr 4 with 1110 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That defence.... on 22:26 - Apr 3 by Vegtablue

Sara's the 4th highest rated player in the league so I reckon he'd sneak a spot somewhere lol! Won't be wearing sick colours next season.

The best player behind Szmodics, Sommerville and Dewsbury-Hall? I'm not sure where the ratings come from but I think Adam Armstrong, Mavididi, Leif Davis, and at least half a dozen other Championship players would say differently.

We will see on Saturday whether he will easily drift past a couple of blue shirts and stick it in the top corner. When did an opposition player last do that? Maybe Mehmeti for Brizzle? If he is good enough to do that, then you are right he won't be wearing vomit colours next season.

That defence.... on 12:41 - Apr 4 with 1005 viewsVegtablue

That defence.... on 10:47 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

The best player behind Szmodics, Sommerville and Dewsbury-Hall? I'm not sure where the ratings come from but I think Adam Armstrong, Mavididi, Leif Davis, and at least half a dozen other Championship players would say differently.

We will see on Saturday whether he will easily drift past a couple of blue shirts and stick it in the top corner. When did an opposition player last do that? Maybe Mehmeti for Brizzle? If he is good enough to do that, then you are right he won't be wearing vomit colours next season.

"The FotMob player rating is calculated based on more than 300 individual stats per player per match from Opta."

"WhoScored.com Ratings are based on a unique, comprehensive statistical algorithm, calculated live during the game. There are over 200 raw statistics included in the calculation of a player'’s/team’'s rating, weighted according to their influence within the game. Every event of importance is taken into account, with a positive or negative effect on ratings weighted in relation to its area on the pitch and its outcome." This is the one used by Sky for their teams of the week and season.

In Fotmob's ratings, Summerville is on 7.89, Clarke 7.81, KDH, 7.79, Sara 7.62, Rutter 7.54, Davis 7.52, Armstrong 7.51, Fatawu 7.49 and so on. Morsy is 12th on 7.43, Szmodics 19th on 7.36. The cream is very much at the top and it's perhaps foolhardy for us to single out the obvious as the anomaly aha. Sara is rated so highly because his passing and shooting numbers are all at or very close to the top for midfielders in the league. https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/players/902710/gabriel-sara

I very much hope he won't fulfill the necessary action to convince you though LOL and am backing Morsy to have him on toast Saturday.
That defence.... on 12:46 - Apr 4 with 983 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

That defence.... on 10:47 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sara is a super player.

I hope he drops an all time stinker on Saturday but taking the blue glasses off, he can really play.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

That defence.... on 12:52 - Apr 4 with 961 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That defence.... on 12:41 - Apr 4 by Vegtablue

"The FotMob player rating is calculated based on more than 300 individual stats per player per match from Opta."

"WhoScored.com Ratings are based on a unique, comprehensive statistical algorithm, calculated live during the game. There are over 200 raw statistics included in the calculation of a player'’s/team’'s rating, weighted according to their influence within the game. Every event of importance is taken into account, with a positive or negative effect on ratings weighted in relation to its area on the pitch and its outcome." This is the one used by Sky for their teams of the week and season.

In Fotmob's ratings, Summerville is on 7.89, Clarke 7.81, KDH, 7.79, Sara 7.62, Rutter 7.54, Davis 7.52, Armstrong 7.51, Fatawu 7.49 and so on. Morsy is 12th on 7.43, Szmodics 19th on 7.36. The cream is very much at the top and it's perhaps foolhardy for us to single out the obvious as the anomaly aha. Sara is rated so highly because his passing and shooting numbers are all at or very close to the top for midfielders in the league. https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/players/902710/gabriel-sara

I very much hope he won't fulfill the necessary action to convince you though LOL and am backing Morsy to have him on toast Saturday.

That's interesting. Jack Clarke? He doesn't enter many conversations on the best player in the division either!

I must admit I am surprised to see him ahead of the likes of Rutter, Armstrong and Mavididi. Looks like he is a tidy passer of the ball with an eye for goal who everything goes through. Looks like some very inconsistent scores. Some very ordinary defensive stats too. Stop him and stop them? Or do they have a plan b of going straight to Barnes to chuck himself on the ground and appeal for a free kick?

Yellow line up Saturday on 12:54 - Apr 4 with 956 viewsiamipswich

Why are peoples such arses to this guy? He's started an interesting thread and responded with good humour and knowledge.

Poll: Who will return first?

Yellow line up Saturday on 12:55 - Apr 4 with 939 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yellow line up Saturday on 12:54 - Apr 4 by iamipswich

Why are peoples such arses to this guy? He's started an interesting thread and responded with good humour and knowledge.

I think only one reply has been unwelcoming hasn't it?

That defence.... on 14:57 - Apr 4 with 792 viewsVegtablue

That defence.... on 12:52 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's interesting. Jack Clarke? He doesn't enter many conversations on the best player in the division either!

I must admit I am surprised to see him ahead of the likes of Rutter, Armstrong and Mavididi. Looks like he is a tidy passer of the ball with an eye for goal who everything goes through. Looks like some very inconsistent scores. Some very ordinary defensive stats too. Stop him and stop them? Or do they have a plan b of going straight to Barnes to chuck himself on the ground and appeal for a free kick?

Clarke was a strong candidate in the first half of the season, but he's missed 6 weeks through injury, Sunderland have tanked since Mowbray left and Summerville knocks out all the wingers, man's been too good! KDH is the CM/AM choice and Szmodics the obligatory top scorer choice (and in a struggling side, can't be snubbed). I think if Summerville had also been top scorer then we would have seen Leif in there instead.

Sorry, superstitious about watching the feathered ones so have likely seen them less than you. I've watched too much Champ football overall though haha and that's what gives me confidence Sara's rating has been earned, alongside my reading homework. I used to just watch us and the Prem when we were rubbish, now I can't remember the last Prem game I saw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024