Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yellow line up Saturday 21:11 - Apr 3 with 7468 viewsyellowrider120

Gunn

Stacey
Duffy
Gibson
McCallum

Nunez
McLean
Sara
Sainz

Barnes
Sargent

The centre backs have 'howlers' in them particularly when they try and play the ball out. Sara and Sainz can be real match winners and score sublime goals. Expect you will try and wind up Sainz as he has a bit of an 'edge' to him. Sargent has a great goalscoring record but his first touch is not great and he still carries his long term ankle injury.

Our bench is woefully thin with Rowe and Argos being injured. SVH has been a great big flop whilst Wagner refuses to give the highly rated Ken Aboh real game time.
That defence.... on 14:59 - Apr 4 with 1087 viewsNthQldITFC

That defence.... on 14:57 - Apr 4 by Vegtablue

Clarke was a strong candidate in the first half of the season, but he's missed 6 weeks through injury, Sunderland have tanked since Mowbray left and Summerville knocks out all the wingers, man's been too good! KDH is the CM/AM choice and Szmodics the obligatory top scorer choice (and in a struggling side, can't be snubbed). I think if Summerville had also been top scorer then we would have seen Leif in there instead.

Sorry, superstitious about watching the feathered ones so have likely seen them less than you. I've watched too much Champ football overall though haha and that's what gives me confidence Sara's rating has been earned, alongside my reading homework. I used to just watch us and the Prem when we were rubbish, now I can't remember the last Prem game I saw.

I never watch the Prem, haven't done for decades due to all the razzmatazz, fireworks, money, VAR tech and plastic fans. Bit concerned that I might soon have to.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

That defence.... on 15:14 - Apr 4 with 1048 viewsVegtablue

That defence.... on 14:59 - Apr 4 by NthQldITFC

I never watch the Prem, haven't done for decades due to all the razzmatazz, fireworks, money, VAR tech and plastic fans. Bit concerned that I might soon have to.

I'm prepared to give that league a chance again if it is our fate, but only one! And I will miss Wednesday's light show.
[Post edited 4 Apr 15:16]
That defence.... on 15:46 - Apr 4 with 1018 viewstextbackup

That defence.... on 21:57 - Apr 3 by Bloots

....looks like it'll get ripped apart, a total shambles.

The midfield is a mixture of divers and whiners, at least one red card guaranteed, probably two.

And the forward line is just totally bad hair.

Unlucky.

Mind the gap.

TOTLACR.

Up yours.

Jesus Christ, it’s just hit me.

The away end will be singing TOTLACR Early doors won’t they… oh

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Yellow line up Saturday on 16:16 - Apr 4 with 972 viewsbournemouthblue

Yellow line up Saturday on 21:43 - Apr 3 by yellowrider120

Possibly and he's been sent off twice but the last was ridiculous and we successfully appealed. They are trying to curb that side of his game and he hasn't got 'involved' in incidents recently. If there is a real matchwinner for us it's him. He could drift past several blue shirts for fun and pop one in the top corner.

At Portman Road he spent most of the game falling over and moaning at the ref, he looked pretty niggly

But clearly has some talent, we press teams pretty hard and don't give you a lot of time to think so that probably got to him a bit

I can't see 442 being overly effective against us as we will pack the midfield but you might get to knock downs off the big men potentially

Is 442 your favoured system at home, it seems a bit old fashioned in the modern era of 4231 and 3421 etc?

I know Wagner is a bit more conservative and likes a flatter back four?
[Post edited 4 Apr 22:46]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Yellow line up Saturday on 16:37 - Apr 4 with 960 viewsFreddy

Yellow line up Saturday on 21:40 - Apr 3 by yellowrider120

In my opinion(and I think most fans) he has been a poor signing especially on a two year deal! The occasional decent touch and goal but little of any significance. However, like the boy Holt several years ago, he has this knack (call it cheating if you like) of 'buying' freekicks, the sort of tactic you see many experienced pros use. He was brought in for his supposed 'leadership qualities' and, ok, you see him doing some fist pumping from time to time but his legs have gone and he really doesn't warrant a starting place. That said you could see him trying to wind up Morsy and this time being successful. He did it a bit in December but Morsy didn't fall for it!

Why would a scummer come on here & give us so much info about his team & suspected lineup??
Yellow line up Saturday on 17:07 - Apr 4 with 935 viewsyellowrider120

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:15 - Apr 3 by NthQldITFC

Are you 4-4-2 in attack as well as the cowering defensive formation?

You had Sara sitting too deep earlier in the season I think, didn't you? Is he playing more advanced now?

I suspect a fairly high scoring game, but if we can win the midfield battle (Morsy and a firing Luongo will probably be enough, even though it wasn't against Saints) and get you pressed back, Hutchinson and Broadhead will unlock your ropey defence. Broadhead saved a few for you from last time, I think.

Do Sargent and Barnes-Door play as a two now?

As most would agree I think, it's Sargent and Sainz that concern me a little. Think Rowe is injured isn't he? He looks a dangerous individual to me, but not a team player, and I'm not surprised you've improved now you're not relying on him.

Yes Sara did sit deep for several games. Looked out of place as he got caught dozing and was slow to respond. Totally different player when pushed forward.

Sargent basically plays as a lone striker with Banes behind (largely because he can't keep up!).
Rowe did a hamstring at QPR on Feb 10th and is only just back 'on the grass'. Probably end April before they risk him.
Yellow line up Saturday on 17:58 - Apr 4 with 861 viewsMK1

Yellow line up Saturday on 16:16 - Apr 4 by bournemouthblue

At Portman Road he spent most of the game falling over and moaning at the ref, he looked pretty niggly

But clearly has some talent, we press teams pretty hard and don't give you a lot of time to think so that probably got to him a bit

I can't see 442 being overly effective against us as we will pack the midfield but you might get to knock downs off the big men potentially

Is 442 your favoured system at home, it seems a bit old fashioned in the modern era of 4231 and 3421 etc?

I know Wagner is a bit more conservative and likes a flatter back four?
[Post edited 4 Apr 22:46]

I hope we can get away with playing 32421 on Saturday. That would be lucky.
Yellow line up Saturday on 18:24 - Apr 4 with 836 viewsWeWereZombies

Yellow line up Saturday on 17:58 - Apr 4 by MK1

Hladky playing as sweeper and using the ref for ricochets innit ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Login to get fewer ads

Yellow line up Saturday on 18:48 - Apr 4 with 808 viewsBLUEBEAT

Wagner has said Rowe is a week off full fitness, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the squad.

Poll: W or W

Yellow line up Saturday on 19:40 - Apr 4 with 749 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yellow line up Saturday on 17:07 - Apr 4 by yellowrider120

Yes Sara did sit deep for several games. Looked out of place as he got caught dozing and was slow to respond. Totally different player when pushed forward.

Sargent basically plays as a lone striker with Banes behind (largely because he can't keep up!).
Rowe did a hamstring at QPR on Feb 10th and is only just back 'on the grass'. Probably end April before they risk him.

Why wouldn't you play your best player in his best position even if that meant benching Barnes? Barnes reminds me of Grant Holt. A big lump who throws himself down any time he can but has an eye for goal if he does get in the box with the ball.

To answer Vegtablue at the same time, I haven't seen much of nodge at all so I accept if Sarah is as good as Summerville and co, he just clearly isn't consistent/gets played out of position. Here's hoping he has one of those games on Saturday. However, even if he doesn't we have beaten sides with the likes of Adam Armstrong and Sammy Szmodics and not lost to ones with Dewsbury-Hall and Mavididi in. It is about us collectively dealing with them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Yellow line up Saturday on 20:02 - Apr 4 with 716 viewsyellowrider120

Yellow line up Saturday on 18:48 - Apr 4 by BLUEBEAT

Wagner has said Rowe is a week off full fitness, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the squad.

He confirmed this pm that Rowe will not feature.

One player I haven't mentioned is 'Nacho' Another one who Wagner has tried to shoehorn into the 'CDM' role despite denying that we needed such a position at the start of the season! Neither Nacho, Sara or McLean are a patch on Skipp who played the true CDM role in the 20/21 promotion season. He protected the back four, started all the attacks and (most importantly) tracked the bloody runners! He was pivotal that season and just as important as Pukki and Buendia.
However, what Nacho does offer is a top notch free kick speciality so if you were to keep giving away free kicks just outside your box on Saturday then expect the worst.
Yellow line up Saturday on 20:06 - Apr 4 with 703 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yellow line up Saturday on 20:02 - Apr 4 by yellowrider120

One player I haven't mentioned is 'Nacho' Another one who Wagner has tried to shoehorn into the 'CDM' role despite denying that we needed such a position at the start of the season! Neither Nacho, Sara or McLean are a patch on Skipp who played the true CDM role in the 20/21 promotion season. He protected the back four, started all the attacks and (most importantly) tracked the bloody runners! He was pivotal that season and just as important as Pukki and Buendia.
However, what Nacho does offer is a top notch free kick speciality so if you were to keep giving away free kicks just outside your box on Saturday then expect the worst.

That would explain playing Barnes to earn the dodgy free kicks. I guess this Mexican snack chap didn't play at PR when none of those free kicks led to anything.

EDIT: also, as pointed out above, weren't several ruled out for the PR game and still play?
[Post edited 4 Apr 20:07]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Yellow line up Saturday on 21:09 - Apr 4 with 674 viewsVegtablue

Yellow line up Saturday on 19:40 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Why wouldn't you play your best player in his best position even if that meant benching Barnes? Barnes reminds me of Grant Holt. A big lump who throws himself down any time he can but has an eye for goal if he does get in the box with the ball.

To answer Vegtablue at the same time, I haven't seen much of nodge at all so I accept if Sarah is as good as Summerville and co, he just clearly isn't consistent/gets played out of position. Here's hoping he has one of those games on Saturday. However, even if he doesn't we have beaten sides with the likes of Adam Armstrong and Sammy Szmodics and not lost to ones with Dewsbury-Hall and Mavididi in. It is about us collectively dealing with them.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to suggest that Sarah (let's keep going with Sarah 😅) is the player who will take the game away from us, nor any other Nodger. My point goes no further than he is rated 4th in the league, for reasonable reasons, and would have looked good for us under McKenna too.

I believe we have the better squad, know we have the better spirit and am backing us to show both on Saturday.
Yellow line up Saturday on 21:41 - Apr 4 with 648 viewsBLUEBEAT

Yellow line up Saturday on 20:02 - Apr 4 by yellowrider120

And you believe that? OK.

Poll: W or W

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:43 - Apr 4 with 621 viewsbournemouthblue

Yellow line up Saturday on 17:58 - Apr 4 by MK1

Fair point, my maths are off lol

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Yellow line up Saturday on 08:57 - Apr 5 with 482 viewsFrimleyBlue

Yellow line up Saturday on 22:47 - Apr 3 by FrimleyBlue

Nah Sargent won't make it past practice.

See

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024