Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The banter era 13:01 - Nov 17 with 12019 viewsBlueRaider

Probably me being dense, but why do some fans refer to the Marcus Evans era as the banter era ?

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:53 - Nov 17 with 1819 viewsVillageGreen

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:49 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

We won't ever agree because you're talking total nonsense. Total prejudice from you.

Replacing departing players with the worse sort of quality isn't an excuse for lack of effort.

Lambert wasn't on the pitch, nor was Hurst, nor was Cook. The players were. Skuse, Chambers are other frauds who took us down without a fight.

Again, I'll explain you again because you don't grasp the simple logic. The players ought to have shown some fight and effort. They didn't. The managers can be blamed for poor tactics and players for the lack of effort.

This is it
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:56 - Nov 17 with 1793 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:53 - Nov 17 by VillageGreen

This is it

Thank you.

Football is a funny thing. The easiest for some is to blame the managers. Only managers.

The players from that time were an absolute disgrace. Night and day in terms of professionalism to what we have nowadays.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 15:56]
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:57 - Nov 17 with 1784 viewsBlueschev

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:49 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

We won't ever agree because you're talking total nonsense. Total prejudice from you.

Replacing departing players with the worse sort of quality isn't an excuse for lack of effort.

Lambert wasn't on the pitch, nor was Hurst, nor was Cook. The players were. Skuse, Chambers are other frauds who took us down without a fight.

Again, I'll explain you again because you don't grasp the simple logic. The players ought to have shown some fight and effort. They didn't. The managers can be blamed for poor tactics and players for the lack of effort.

The season we went down it seemed that the entire club was resigned to it. But I don't think Chambers and Skuse didn't try, they were just getting on and way past their best. It didn't help that the rest of the team, and the manager were utter pony.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:58 - Nov 17 with 1768 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:57 - Nov 17 by Blueschev

The season we went down it seemed that the entire club was resigned to it. But I don't think Chambers and Skuse didn't try, they were just getting on and way past their best. It didn't help that the rest of the team, and the manager were utter pony.

Everyone and everything was just a disaster.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:59 - Nov 17 with 1761 viewswkj

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:53 - Nov 17 by VillageGreen

This is it

Bore off you cracked teapot

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:59 - Nov 17 with 1759 viewsVillageGreen

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:56 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Thank you.

Football is a funny thing. The easiest for some is to blame the managers. Only managers.

The players from that time were an absolute disgrace. Night and day in terms of professionalism to what we have nowadays.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 15:56]

The happy clappers were happy with a fist pump though...... zzzzzzzzz
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:00 - Nov 17 with 1754 viewsHerbivore

Skuse and Chambers didn't lack effort though so your fundamental premise is flawed. You're just about the only person in the world who looks at Chambers and Skuse and says "Do you know what their problem was at Ipswich? They just didn't really ever put a shift in".

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:06 - Nov 17 with 1724 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:00 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

Skuse and Chambers didn't lack effort though so your fundamental premise is flawed. You're just about the only person in the world who looks at Chambers and Skuse and says "Do you know what their problem was at Ipswich? They just didn't really ever put a shift in".

Oh yes they didn't lack of effort. They'd put so much energy in their countless interviews in which they kept waffling about the commitment and fight. You were one of many who'd lap up everything they said. You and other poor saps.

Am I only the person to see things like that? Fine because I am right. I am talking about the facts and you are just wallowing in your propagandas. Show me the games from the relegation season in which they made you proud or they made you believe we could stay up. Just answer which games.

They like the rest of the team didn't put a semblance of fight. None whatsoever. But it was all Lamberts fault for you and others.

Next season after relegation. Watch this video from 20:30. I am not the only one.

[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 16:11]
Login to get fewer ads

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:16 - Nov 17 with 1663 viewsBlueschev

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:06 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Oh yes they didn't lack of effort. They'd put so much energy in their countless interviews in which they kept waffling about the commitment and fight. You were one of many who'd lap up everything they said. You and other poor saps.

Am I only the person to see things like that? Fine because I am right. I am talking about the facts and you are just wallowing in your propagandas. Show me the games from the relegation season in which they made you proud or they made you believe we could stay up. Just answer which games.

They like the rest of the team didn't put a semblance of fight. None whatsoever. But it was all Lamberts fault for you and others.

Next season after relegation. Watch this video from 20:30. I am not the only one.

You're confusing effort with application. I doubt anyone would argue that the pair of them weren't pretty crap that season. It wasn't a lack of effort, they were just past it.
The banter era on 16:16 - Nov 17 with 1661 viewsWonky

I always thought it was the "banter' era because banter, gallows humour and chatting with your mates was the best thing about going.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:18 - Nov 17 with 1654 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:16 - Nov 17 by Blueschev

You're confusing effort with application. I doubt anyone would argue that the pair of them weren't pretty crap that season. It wasn't a lack of effort, they were just past it.

Were they past it? It didn't stop them stealing a living though in League One.

But they were suuuuuch sweet, nice, top blokes' who'd speak out so nicely. That would have done for some.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:19 - Nov 17 with 1651 viewswkj

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:06 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

All I see is puffer jackets Mach. Surely we're above this now. North Face is just about acceptable, but puffer jackets? up your game!

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:20 - Nov 17 with 1645 viewsBlueschev

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:18 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

But they were suuuuuch sweet, nice, top blokes' who'd speak out so nicely. That would have done for some.

Did they run your dog over or something?
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:21 - Nov 17 with 1634 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:20 - Nov 17 by Blueschev

Did they run your dog over or something?

What? Go away.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:23 - Nov 17 with 1637 viewswkj

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:21 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

What? Go away.

You tell him!

Just like your dear Uncle Patrick takes care of problems

The banter era on 17:44 - Nov 17 with 1531 viewsStewart27

It’s an incredibly cringey term.

But basically everything was laughably rubbish before Kieran McKenna arrived. Complete awful dross. Every single manager.

Hence the name.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 17:50 - Nov 17 with 1519 viewsJ2BLUE

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 16:18 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

If you think Chambers and Skuse were unprofessional I would love to hear your take on Bullard.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 18:08 - Nov 17 with 1487 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 17:50 - Nov 17 by J2BLUE

If you think Chambers and Skuse were unprofessional I would love to hear your take on Bullard.

Bullard? An utter weasel.

First telling us how our dressing room was terrified after Keane left the club and then he himself (as a permanent Town player) becoming a bad influence on some players.

However just like them two he still had many, many sycophants, because ... 'he loved bantz'.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 19:27 - Nov 17 with 1446 viewsMattinLondon

Skuse and Chambers, in their prime were average Championship players. Nothing more, nothing less. That might well sound derogatory but it’s not meant to be as playing at that level is very impressive.

No way would either player be regulars in todays KM team - probably not even in the squad. But taking nothing away from them as they served the club very well indeed. But both had too much power within the club.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 20:47 - Nov 17 with 1394 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Chambers and Skuse had many floors as footballers. A lack of effort was quite evidently not one of them. You are clearly mixing up not being good enough to play at that level and not trying. That’s the fact.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 22:42 - Nov 17 with 1351 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 19:27 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

Skuse and Chambers, in their prime were average Championship players. Nothing more, nothing less. That might well sound derogatory but it’s not meant to be as playing at that level is very impressive.

No way would either player be regulars in todays KM team - probably not even in the squad. But taking nothing away from them as they served the club very well indeed. But both had too much power within the club.

'But both had too much power within the club'

SALUTES !!!! VERY WELL SAID !!!!

Because it was all about pleasing them two in particular.

A player-power which was the cancer of the dressing room after the mccarthys departure. Hurst, Lambert and Cook more or less failed but in all honesty the place was a graveyard for managers.

Two things are the reason why are proud and happy nowadays. The Gamechanger's arrival and The Demolition Job.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 09:15 - Nov 18 with 1225 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The managers pick, train, coach, instruct... in fact MANAGE the players. You utter numpty!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 09:52 - Nov 18 with 1186 viewsSharkey

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:29 - Nov 17 by wkj

Not as much as I am in Awe of Jonas Knudsen who helped Malmo secure a league title and Champions League footie. Oh to dream WKJ... to dream a beautiful dream...
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 15:29]

He certainly helped a lot in 2020, but not so much this year when he's hardly been in the team. According to the local press, the only reason he hasn't left the club by now is that he's been sitting on a contract that pays a bonus if he sees it out to the end, which is at the end of the year.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2023 9:56]
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 10:22 - Nov 18 with 1148 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Who are you to talk me like that? And why? Just for my opinion?

When it comes to the talk about the past loads of people are obsessed about Hurst, Lambert and Cook .... I don't see you getting mad about it. Them about managers whereas I am 'obsessed' about the players who represented us during that time. And I voice my opinion which you and other can' t abide.

Different opinion and what do you do to me? Loads of adjectives or 'advices'.... and you are trying to bully me? Good luck, try harder !

So if anyone needs to grow up it is you. Grow up and learn that the forum is about opinions. If you struggle to cope with the different than yours then what are you doing here?
Moreover I have already told you to put me on ignore and your problem is solved.

All about opinions... try to grasp it as you who have no clue whatsoever as to how message boards work.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2023 10:26]
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 11:09 - Nov 18 with 1420 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 10:22 - Nov 18 by Mach_foreignBlue

Who are you to talk me like that? And why? Just for my opinion?

When it comes to the talk about the past loads of people are obsessed about Hurst, Lambert and Cook .... I don't see you getting mad about it. Them about managers whereas I am 'obsessed' about the players who represented us during that time. And I voice my opinion which you and other can' t abide.

Different opinion and what do you do to me? Loads of adjectives or 'advices'.... and you are trying to bully me? Good luck, try harder !

So if anyone needs to grow up it is you. Grow up and learn that the forum is about opinions. If you struggle to cope with the different than yours then what are you doing here?
Moreover I have already told you to put me on ignore and your problem is solved.

All about opinions... try to grasp it as you who have no clue whatsoever as to how message boards work.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2023 10:26]

Not all opinions are valid though, especially if they're not based in logic. You are so stuck in your mindset that you actually get angry when anyone challenges it.

Going by your logic, what is the point of managers? You blame the players for lack of effort - if we even put aside for one moment mine and others' belief that that in itself is nonsense - if we accept for one second that that is true, it's still the manager who buys and picks the players, and great managers also instil that effort into players. The current players run through walls for McKenna - that's not just because they were born with a better work ethic than the previous lot.

It's the job of the manager to manage the players. The clue's in the name!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024