Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The banter era 13:01 - Nov 17 with 12007 viewsBlueRaider

Probably me being dense, but why do some fans refer to the Marcus Evans era as the banter era ?

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

The banter era on 14:28 - Nov 17 with 1531 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Having 8m from Bournemouth for Mings and bringing in Coke, Toure and number of free agents and loanees.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 14:34 - Nov 17 with 1517 viewsDyland

The banter era on 14:14 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not only Douglas and his running

Watch this video below. 'Magnificent professional' Cole Skuse giving his all for ITFC

It doesn't work as an example of Skuse being "not bothered" or whatever borderline libelous bollix you're spouting this week about him or Chambers. There are at least four defenders back, and it's not Skuse's job to pile in and tackle or take him out or whatever. It's admittedly a dreadful goal to concede and we are inept all over the pitch, but singling Skuse out is blinkered to say the least.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The banter era on 14:41 - Nov 17 with 1480 viewsNthQldITFC

The banter era on 13:29 - Nov 17 by itfc_bucks

Jonathan Douglas playing against Newcastle and looking like he was a competition winner, plucked from the crowd to play.

Selling Murph and not replacing him.

BCWYWF

I'm not sure about 'competition winner', runner-up maybe.

No, hang on, that doesn't work either.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 14:52 - Nov 17 with 1469 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 14:34 - Nov 17 by Dyland

It doesn't work as an example of Skuse being "not bothered" or whatever borderline libelous bollix you're spouting this week about him or Chambers. There are at least four defenders back, and it's not Skuse's job to pile in and tackle or take him out or whatever. It's admittedly a dreadful goal to concede and we are inept all over the pitch, but singling Skuse out is blinkered to say the least.

Of course, of course, they are sacred cows.

You and others however have seen no problems with banging about Douglas at Newcastle.

Not interested in your lecturing, if you don't like my views then the best for you to shut up and put me on ignore. Got it?
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:13 - Nov 17 with 1422 viewswkj

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 14:52 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

You and others however have seen no problems with banging about Douglas at Newcastle.

Not interested in your lecturing, if you don't like my views then the best for you to shut up and put me on ignore. Got it?

Nah mate, we just understand footie a little better. Don't let that ruin your enjoyment.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:13 - Nov 17 with 1423 viewspatrickswell

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 14:52 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Searching for footage to bash Cole Skuse with by using a clip from one of our worst seasons ever, and he picks it from a game we won.

This post has been edited by an administrator
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:19 - Nov 17 with 1399 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:13 - Nov 17 by patrickswell

Searching for footage to bash Cole Skuse with by using a clip from one of our worst seasons ever, and he picks it from a game we won.

This post has been edited by an administrator

It's not allowed to bash him on here, eh?

But I don't see you getting when Hurst, Lambert and Cook are being mentioned by some. So go away.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 15:52]
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:21 - Nov 17 with 1401 viewsStokieBlue

Don't you ever get bored of this?

I would have thought the energy in your anger would have amortised with time but it's still got plenty of Brownian motion it seems. It's almost like it defies the laws of thermodynamics.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:22 - Nov 17 with 1392 viewsHerbivore

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:19 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

It's not allowed to bash him on here, eh?

But I don't see you getting when Hurst, Lambert and Cook are being mentioned by some. So go away.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 15:52]

I think that's partly because Skuse was a good servant who largely did well across his several years at the club, whereas Hurst, Lambert, and Cook were utter disasters.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:23 - Nov 17 with 1382 viewswkj

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:21 - Nov 17 by StokieBlue

Don't you ever get bored of this?

I would have thought the energy in your anger would have amortised with time but it's still got plenty of Brownian motion it seems. It's almost like it defies the laws of thermodynamics.

SB

Full of Brownian motion is about right

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:23 - Nov 17 with 1376 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:22 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

I think that's partly because Skuse was a good servant who largely did well across his several years at the club, whereas Hurst, Lambert, and Cook were utter disasters.

All of them disasters. Players, managers and Evans.
The banter era on 15:24 - Nov 17 with 1372 viewspatrickswell

The banter era on 13:12 - Nov 17 by BlueRaider

Oh indeed, but that still doesn't explain why the banter era ?

The first I became aware of it was as a term used by Arsenal fans to describe their fall from title contenders and European Cup finalists to 4th place is a trophy- also rans during Arsene Wenger’s decade and a bit of relative decline. Throw in ArsenalFan TV making their fanbase a laughing stock and memories of how poor they were under Emerai and in Arteta’s first season and a bit too.

As for us, I will maintain that the McCarthy era apart, the Marcus Evans years were the longest period of on and off field chaos in our history.. The inability of Keane, Jewell, Hurst, Lambert and Cook to build any kind of coherent team combined with off-field direction which gave new meaning to the word ineffectual.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:24 - Nov 17 with 1372 viewswkj

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:23 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

One thing none of theme ever did was turn up to the Kesgrave Community Center when I challenged them to fisty cuffs. Be better than that Mach, tighten your laces and sing like the duke, Queensbury rules!

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:26 - Nov 17 with 1356 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:13 - Nov 17 by wkj

Nah mate, we just understand footie a little better. Don't let that ruin your enjoyment.

Are you still in awe of him and how well he speaks out?
The banter era on 15:27 - Nov 17 with 1360 viewsSteve_M

The banter era on 14:22 - Nov 17 by Blueschev

There are four defenders behind the ball, it's not unreasonable to expect one of them to put a challenge in.

Toto stepping sideways to leave space for the finish merely the most egregious example there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:27 - Nov 17 with 1359 viewsHerbivore

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:23 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Skuse was an integral part of a team that finished 9th, 6th and then 7th in successive seasons in the Championship. Not sure you could really describe that as being a "disaster". When we then ripped key players out of the squad and didn't replace them, our performances and results dipped. Our decline was then hastened by appointing a succession of terrible managers post-Mick. Personally blaming Skuse for this and calling him a "disaster" is absolutely bonkers, hence people challenge you for expressing such an opinion.

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:29 - Nov 17 with 1350 viewswkj

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:26 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Are you still in awe of him and how well he speaks out?

Not as much as I am in Awe of Jonas Knudsen who helped Malmo secure a league title and Champions League footie. Oh to dream WKJ... to dream a beautiful dream...
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 15:29]

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:30 - Nov 17 with 1345 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:27 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

Skuse was an integral part of a team that finished 9th, 6th and then 7th in successive seasons in the Championship. Not sure you could really describe that as being a "disaster". When we then ripped key players out of the squad and didn't replace them, our performances and results dipped. Our decline was then hastened by appointing a succession of terrible managers post-Mick. Personally blaming Skuse for this and calling him a "disaster" is absolutely bonkers, hence people challenge you for expressing such an opinion.

Yeah, the managers fault, never the players' one. Hahahahahaha.

Stick to downvoting me. We could spend the next few hours 'discussing' it and we would never agree.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:38 - Nov 17 with 1308 viewsBlueschev

Skuse and Chambers were two of the better players we had during what was the worst period in our history. I agree that they are sometimes a little overhyped and I certainly wouldn't describe either as club legends. But both put in a consistent shift over a long period of time and played to the best of their ability.

We're in a much better place now, with better players. I don't know why you're so bothered either way.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:40 - Nov 17 with 1294 viewsHerbivore

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:30 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yeah, the managers fault, never the players' one. Hahahahahaha.

Stick to downvoting me. We could spend the next few hours 'discussing' it and we would never agree.

No, we won't ever agree because you seem to be immune to reason. As far as I remember, it wasn't Skuse who got rid of quality players like Webster, Waghorn, and Didz and replaced them with dross like Nsiala and Harrison. If that was the case then Skuse would bear a lot more personal responsibility for our relegation.

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:43 - Nov 17 with 1278 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:38 - Nov 17 by Blueschev

Skuse and Chambers were two of the better players we had during what was the worst period in our history. I agree that they are sometimes a little overhyped and I certainly wouldn't describe either as club legends. But both put in a consistent shift over a long period of time and played to the best of their ability.

We're in a much better place now, with better players. I don't know why you're so bothered either way.

Why am I bothered? it's related to the content of the thread. Some players/managers or facts are being mentioned by people so I have added to this my opinion too. The fact that they are touchy snowflakes and defend one of their heroes whom with others took us down without a fight is a different matter. It's about opinions that's why I am bothered.
The banter era on 15:44 - Nov 17 with 1275 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

The banter era on 14:14 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not only Douglas and his running

Watch this video below. 'Magnificent professional' Cole Skuse giving his all for ITFC

Shame your favourite Toto “better than Woolfy” didn’t help out there.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

The banter era on 15:44 - Nov 17 with 1269 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The banter era on 15:44 - Nov 17 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Shame your favourite Toto “better than Woolfy” didn’t help out there.

Shame your faves Skuse and Chambers didn't help us out either.
The banter era on 15:46 - Nov 17 with 1263 viewswkj

The banter era on 15:44 - Nov 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Shame your faves Skuse and Chambers didn't help us out either.

We chased Mick out the club

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:49 - Nov 17 with 1233 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:40 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

No, we won't ever agree because you seem to be immune to reason. As far as I remember, it wasn't Skuse who got rid of quality players like Webster, Waghorn, and Didz and replaced them with dross like Nsiala and Harrison. If that was the case then Skuse would bear a lot more personal responsibility for our relegation.

We won't ever agree because you're talking total nonsense. Total prejudice from you.

Replacing departing players with the worse sort of quality isn't an excuse for lack of effort.

Lambert wasn't on the pitch, nor was Hurst, nor was Cook. The players were. Skuse, Chambers are other frauds who took us down without a fight.

Again, I'll explain you again because you don't grasp the simple logic. The players ought to have shown some fight and effort. They didn't. The managers can be blamed for poor tactics and players for the lack of effort.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024