Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million 18:30 - Nov 17 with 3868 viewsJimInGreensboro

https://talksport.com/football/1645473/everton-financial-fair-play-leeds-leicest
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 18:33 - Nov 17 with 3805 viewsChurchman

Wow, I didn’t think they’d have the nerve and energy to do that. Good for them!
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 18:35 - Nov 17 with 3804 viewsMK1

They won't get a penny. Teams will be suing clubs all over the world. Not fair, but reallity.
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 18:41 - Nov 17 with 3735 viewsChurchman

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 18:35 - Nov 17 by MK1

They won't get a penny. Teams will be suing clubs all over the world. Not fair, but reallity.

I’m afraid you are right. But I’m pleased they are trying.

Besides, Everton are more important than all those three clubs put together. Imagine the chaos if they succeed, given the stuff being reported on Chelsea and the Russian, let alone Man City. No, I suspect they’ll protect they’re own.
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 18:50 - Nov 17 with 3706 viewsMK1

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 18:41 - Nov 17 by Churchman

I’m afraid you are right. But I’m pleased they are trying.

Besides, Everton are more important than all those three clubs put together. Imagine the chaos if they succeed, given the stuff being reported on Chelsea and the Russian, let alone Man City. No, I suspect they’ll protect they’re own.

Man City and Chelsea should be straight relegated. Everton look innocent compared to them. Again, won't happen, but should.
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:10 - Nov 17 with 3618 viewsNthQldITFC

Why do they say 'Premier League chiefs have acknowledged the Merseyside club has not broken financial rules to gain a sporting advantage'? Why else did they do it? (sorry a bit lazy not to look up for myself!)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:14 - Nov 17 with 3581 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:10 - Nov 17 by NthQldITFC

Why do they say 'Premier League chiefs have acknowledged the Merseyside club has not broken financial rules to gain a sporting advantage'? Why else did they do it? (sorry a bit lazy not to look up for myself!)

As it’s related to interest payments on the cost of building the new stadium

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:16 - Nov 17 with 3570 viewsMK1

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:10 - Nov 17 by NthQldITFC

Think some of it is in relation to their new stadium.
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:44 - Nov 17 with 3383 viewsSwansea_Blue

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 18:35 - Nov 17 by MK1

It’s been done before in England hasn’t it? I’m sure some relegated clubs in a previous season tried this.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:52 - Nov 17 with 3349 viewsMattinLondon

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:44 - Nov 17 by Swansea_Blue

It’s been done before in England hasn’t it? I’m sure some relegated clubs in a previous season tried this.

Didnt Sheffield Utd try to sue West Ham, as at the time the Hammers had two players that they didn’t own. Not sure how the court action ended.
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 20:11 - Nov 17 with 3256 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:52 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

Didnt Sheffield Utd try to sue West Ham, as at the time the Hammers had two players that they didn’t own. Not sure how the court action ended.

I think Sheff U settled out of court.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 20:14 - Nov 17 with 3240 viewsSwansea_Blue

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:52 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

That sounds like years ago with Mascherano and Tevez. That was a big hooha/scandal, but I can’t remember the outcome either. (Mascherano though especially- what a player).

I’m sure there’s been something more recent in the last 4 or 5 years, but the search engines are dominated by todays news now and I haven’t got the patience to wads through search results. My memory is awful too, so I could be imagining it!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 20:20 - Nov 17 with 3220 viewsPenzanceblue

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:44 - Nov 17 by Swansea_Blue

Didnt Middlesbrough and Wycombe try to sue Derby too
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 20:22 - Nov 17 with 3209 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 20:20 - Nov 17 by Penzanceblue

Didnt Middlesbrough and Wycombe try to sue Derby too

I have vague recollection of this and know Wycombe went down instead of Derby once. But what would Boro's beef had been with them?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 20:48 - Nov 17 with 3098 viewsChurchman

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 20:14 - Nov 17 by Swansea_Blue

That sounds like years ago with Mascherano and Tevez. That was a big hooha/scandal, but I can’t remember the outcome either. (Mascherano though especially- what a player).

I’m sure there’s been something more recent in the last 4 or 5 years, but the search engines are dominated by todays news now and I haven’t got the patience to wads through search results. My memory is awful too, so I could be imagining it!

I seem to remember a small fine and forfeit of a packet of Bath Olivers.

Swindon, for exactly the same offence, were relegated two divisions, reduced to one after appeal.

All right an proper. One offender was important West Ham, the other was disposable, unimportant Swindon. Easy to punish to ‘make example of’.
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 20:55 - Nov 17 with 3076 viewsJimInGreensboro

£300 million. Equivalent of 200 George Hirst signings.
Just putting things in perspective.
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 21:00 - Nov 17 with 3047 viewsBluespeed225

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 20:11 - Nov 17 by gainsboroughblue

I think Sheff U settled out of court.

They did, 18 million admissions of guilt. Hate them even more.
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 23:58 - Nov 17 with 2718 viewsBasingstokeBlue

There's nothing on that page about other clubs suing them (that I can see).

Maybr it's changed since you first posted.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 00:22 - Nov 18 with 2687 viewsthatbdude

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 20:22 - Nov 17 by gainsboroughblue

I have vague recollection of this and know Wycombe went down instead of Derby once. But what would Boro's beef had been with them?

From the Yorkshire post about Boro suing Derby

"Middlesbrough's claim, which was previously reported to be worth over £40m, is based on the outcome of the 2018-19 Championship season as Derby finished one place and one point ahead of Boro to pip them to a play-off place."

Poll: Who going down?

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 10:09 - Nov 18 with 2277 viewsRadioOrwell

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 19:14 - Nov 17 by WestStanderLaLaLa

As it’s related to interest payments on the cost of building the new stadium

But that is still a financial benefit which in the long run has to benefit the entirety of their operations. Which includes the football team.

Doesn't it ?
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 11:14 - Nov 18 with 2170 viewsjayessess

Always seems weird to go to law over these things?

It's a sporting competition, the competition has rules and if you breach them you get sanctioned in line with the rules of the competition. If the sanctions are being applied according to those rules, I don't see that you'd have any case to be compensated and if they weren't being applied correctly, your case would surely be against the ruling body, not the rule-breaker?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 13:32 - Nov 18 with 1989 viewsbournemouthblue

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 10:09 - Nov 18 by RadioOrwell

But that is still a financial benefit which in the long run has to benefit the entirety of their operations. Which includes the football team.

Doesn't it ?

It does, that's why fines in the Premier League for breaking FFP, see Bournemouth and QPR were almost entirely pointless (no pun intended)

The football league has been doing points deductions for a while, I don't understand why it has taken the Premier League so long to implement them

I suggest they keep points deductions rolling so if City get -110 for example, if they finish on -30 for example, they carry that into the Championship

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 13:43 - Nov 18 with 1969 viewsClareBlue

It's very very wrong to make interest payments on money borrowed to regenerate a whole area of a deprived city and create employment and a statement stadium and deserves points deductions. Now, being funded by money stolen from the Russian people or using toxic State funding to buy trophies and manipulating and challenging the rules continually with expensive legal processes and frustrating statutory based investigations is also wrong, but not so wrong, well not really wrong at all and certainly doesn't deserve points deductions.
Leeds, Leicester and Burnley sue Everton for 300 million on 17:06 - Nov 18 with 1786 viewscooperd5

I think infrastructure spending is exempt from ffp isn't it? So stadium build costs don't count towards it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024