Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The banter era 13:01 - Nov 17 with 12005 viewsBlueRaider

Probably me being dense, but why do some fans refer to the Marcus Evans era as the banter era ?

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

The banter era on 16:04 - Nov 18 with 1165 viewschicoazul

OP; because of me.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

You love the international breaks.... on 16:06 - Nov 18 with 1165 viewsBloots

The banter era on 15:55 - Nov 18 by PhilTWTD

Got rid of a lump of this thread. Not sure it really needed to get quite so aggressive and rude.

....don't you?

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Order order on 16:44 - Nov 18 with 1132 viewsDyland

The banter era on 15:55 - Nov 18 by PhilTWTD

Got rid of a lump of this thread. Not sure it really needed to get quite so aggressive and rude.

I dispute any inference that I was aggressive or rude, though the latter is subjective I suppose.

In hindsight I guess I'm pushing buttons, but twas not done with intent.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The banter era on 16:48 - Nov 18 with 1106 viewseireblue

For some reason this song popped into my head.

Order order on 16:55 - Nov 18 with 1096 viewsHerbivore

Order order on 16:44 - Nov 18 by Dyland

I dispute any inference that I was aggressive or rude, though the latter is subjective I suppose.

In hindsight I guess I'm pushing buttons, but twas not done with intent.

Tw@t.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The banter era on 17:10 - Nov 18 with 1039 viewsVic

Oh for the end of an international break. Chill guys!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Yep, some people say he was perfectly fine at RB on 17:12 - Nov 18 with 1037 viewsunstableblue

Yep, some people say he was perfectly fine at RB on 11:54 - Nov 18 by Dyland

I disagree!

He doesn’t sound that convinced himself as well Dyland… they were dark times

“Ipswich Town skipper Luke Chambers feels criticism of him playing at right-back has been unjustified, but admits he’d love to nail down his preferred position of centre-back again.

An injury crisis means the 30-year-old will be back alongside Christophe Berra at the heart of the defence for tonight’s Championship clash with Brighton at Portman Road (7.45pm ko).

After three seasons playing at full-back, he admits he may be ‘rusty’ returning to his favoured role.

“Listen, I’d like to play centre-half, but I’ve played right-back for, what, three years now? I don’t know if you can say I’m a centre-half anymore,” he said.

“I’ve been playing right-back and whether or not I’m everyone’s favourite player in that position is up for debate. I’m always probably going to divide opinion there.

“I didn’t play very well against Villa last week. There were a few shaky moments and you do feel that coming through on the pitch (from the fans), but I’ve been playing long enough now to know that’s part and parcel of being a footballer. You take a bit of stick sometimes.”

He continued: “People might think I ‘do a job’ there. Whether I do as good a job as a lad who’s played right-back his whole life is for other people to decide.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 17:48 - Nov 18 with 989 viewsStewart27

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 15:22 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

I think that's partly because Skuse was a good servant who largely did well across his several years at the club, whereas Hurst, Lambert, and Cook were utter disasters.

I hate that term “servant”. It’s like he was some kind of slave. He was being paid handsomely and he knew that he’d never get a better offer or a better contract anywhere else. But that is not Skuse’s fault. I’d do exactly the same if I was him. It just shows the sorry state in which our club was run.

I think you mentioned in another post that he was part of a midfield which saw us to three top 10 finishes. He was, but that was despite him and not because of him. He was so unbelievably limited as a footballer and had we had somebody more effective in that integral position then we may have made the promised land.
Login to get fewer ads

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 18:22 - Nov 18 with 951 viewsibbleobble

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 17:48 - Nov 18 by Stewart27

I hate that term “servant”. It’s like he was some kind of slave. He was being paid handsomely and he knew that he’d never get a better offer or a better contract anywhere else. But that is not Skuse’s fault. I’d do exactly the same if I was him. It just shows the sorry state in which our club was run.

I think you mentioned in another post that he was part of a midfield which saw us to three top 10 finishes. He was, but that was despite him and not because of him. He was so unbelievably limited as a footballer and had we had somebody more effective in that integral position then we may have made the promised land.

You’ll probably get some ridiculous posts saying, “you don’t understand modern football” or “don’t understand the role or job he did for us” at some point in this thread. I agree with you. A limited player who did well but nothing to get excited about, at any point in his 250 + games. A decent signing for nothing given his commitment and return but part of a poor and largely forgettable era.
You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 18:28 - Nov 18 with 943 viewsHerbivore

You've posted this recently, so must have just found it on 17:48 - Nov 18 by Stewart27

Completely disagree. He was a key part of what was, relative to the rest of the Evans era, a successful side. The notion that we did well despite him is pure revisionism.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024