Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays ticketing 15:44 - Apr 6 with 30948 viewslunatic1988

Poor from the club with ticketing today. Saw a number of staff from the club that dont attend away games, dyer and his mates who don’t attended away games, wardley and his friends who don’t attend away games. Whats the point of having a points system, if genuine fans are going to miss out??
Todays ticketing on 19:47 - Apr 6 with 2709 viewsbrogansnose

Todays ticketing on 17:48 - Apr 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yep nonsense I thought.

Very quiet. Rows of fans not even trying to get any sort of atmosphere going. Smiling and laughing when we were losing. My row was full of people I’d never seen before (yes I don’t know every town fan) but I’ve been to enough games to recognise faces.

Should we have to go back there. And god forbid we do. Town have to do that better. Not fair on fans who spend hundreds of pounds following us all round the country.

If, we have to go back up there then they really don't want to tonk this up with giving tickets away to randoms.

Anybody smiling and laughing when we lose up there needs their head wobbling.
Todays ticketing on 19:52 - Apr 6 with 2677 viewsVaughan8

I thought exactly the same when they panned to Dyer in the crowd. He clearly wasn't there alone.

If there were more then that's even worse. Surely these people should get "VIP" seats instead of taking the general supporters tickets.

Doesn't affect me btw, as I wouldn't have got a ticket anyway.
Todays ticketing on 20:40 - Apr 6 with 2509 viewsTony73

Yes this is poor from the club - I have 29 points and missed out. Devon based so put in the miles (and expense). Would have gone today and guarantee would have made more noise than the hangers on. If there is any consolation maybe I'm less worried now about tickets for Hull and Coventry as 400 won't be going!
Todays ticketing on 20:43 - Apr 6 with 2490 viewsZx1988

Todays ticketing on 19:52 - Apr 6 by Vaughan8

I thought exactly the same when they panned to Dyer in the crowd. He clearly wasn't there alone.

If there were more then that's even worse. Surely these people should get "VIP" seats instead of taking the general supporters tickets.

Doesn't affect me btw, as I wouldn't have got a ticket anyway.

That's what I was wondering.

Forget the 398 hangers on, but couldn't the likes of Dyer and Wardley been given tickets from Town's batch of directors' box seats?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Todays ticketing on 20:47 - Apr 6 with 2444 viewspennblue

Todays ticketing on 16:30 - Apr 6 by SitfcB

Some #DefInfo about the 400 figure.

Also explains why Norfolk police said 1600 Town fans were expected.

Makes sense now why our singing was lame. We could hardly get much going at the back, not enough people joining in.

Well that could turn out to be an expensive mistake because the boys needed us today non stop in that second half and it didn't happen

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Todays ticketing on 20:56 - Apr 6 with 2379 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

How am I only hearing about this now. What an absolute piss take.

I’ve been doing 10+ away games a season for 10 years when we were sh*t. Haven’t accumulated the points this year but there’s 400 of our 2000 allocation being given away to people from the staff? What a load of boll0x that is.
[Post edited 6 Apr 21:00]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Todays ticketing on 20:57 - Apr 6 with 2371 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Todays ticketing on 17:14 - Apr 6 by textbackup

They get 2 each for norwich away.

20% of our allocation went to staff if it’s 2 each and 200 staff. That’s absolutely disgraceful

Todays ticketing on 21:02 - Apr 6 with 2332 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Todays ticketing on 20:57 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

20% of our allocation went to staff if it’s 2 each and 200 staff. That’s absolutely disgraceful

It doesn't seem that outrageous. If I was working for a football club, getting discounted or free tickets should be a reasonable staff benefit to expect.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

Todays ticketing on 21:08 - Apr 6 with 2292 viewsZx1988

Todays ticketing on 21:02 - Apr 6 by JammyDodgerrr

It doesn't seem that outrageous. If I was working for a football club, getting discounted or free tickets should be a reasonable staff benefit to expect.

To home matches, yes. But still only if there are spare tickets once the general public have had their chance.

Not to an away game with a highly limited allocation, and stratospheric demand for tickets.
[Post edited 6 Apr 21:09]

Todays ticketing on 21:18 - Apr 6 with 2222 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yes but not to one of the biggest matches the club have had in the last 20 years ffs.

It’s nothing short of a disgrace.

Someone posted above that a woman he works with who hates football has a ticket to the game but yet me, as someone that’s done over 100 away matches in the last 10 seasons, couldn’t get one.

Todays ticketing on 21:22 - Apr 6 with 2194 viewsDJR

Luncheon vouchers or private health care, yes, but not tickets to the away fixture with by far and away the greatest demand.

If they want free tickets, let them take up games where we don't sell out such as Preston.
[Post edited 6 Apr 21:24]
Todays ticketing on 21:26 - Apr 6 with 2143 viewsFrimleyBlue

Todays ticketing on 21:18 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Yes but not to one of the biggest matches the club have had in the last 20 years ffs.

It’s nothing short of a disgrace.

Someone posted above that a woman he works with who hates football has a ticket to the game but yet me, as someone that’s done over 100 away matches in the last 10 seasons, couldn’t get one.

Also

Why would you minimise the atmosphere in the away end by giving tickets away.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Todays ticketing on 21:30 - Apr 6 with 2135 viewsitfcjoe

Todays ticketing on 21:22 - Apr 6 by DJR

Luncheon vouchers or private health care, yes, but not tickets to the away fixture with by far and away the greatest demand.

If they want free tickets, let them take up games where we don't sell out such as Preston.

Even if they were paying for them, which they prob were, it’s still not right - you expect to bump into people like that at a big home game, or a Wembley PO game where you wonder how on earth have you got a ticket….but today? Massive own goal from the club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Todays ticketing on 21:31 - Apr 6 with 2132 viewsgainsboroughblue

A match at Norwich is the one game that we want our most loyal, passionate and vocal fans at. It's hard enough as it is these days with only 15 or so % of our home crowd able to go.

A load of people there on freebies for a jolly is a fecking disgrace imo.

When I was little, my dad and uncles wouldn't take me to a Norwich game. It was their day to get in the pub at lunchtime and shout themselves hoarse at the ground.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Todays ticketing on 21:32 - Apr 6 with 2122 viewsDennyx4

Todays ticketing on 18:38 - Apr 6 by tivo

Away quantity is over the course of the season.

If you are saying that the staff get 2 away tickets per season, it is still very short sighted to allow all or nearly all of them to select the same game.
Todays ticketing on 21:38 - Apr 6 with 2072 viewsLeaky

Todays ticketing on 16:12 - Apr 6 by lunatic1988

It’s actually a joke, I Havnt seen dyer and wardley at one away game until today (plus there mates), not just them tho…so many faces, staff from the club that Havnt accumulated none all jumping on the band wagon because it’s Norwich, I reckon about 25% of people there today hadn’t accumulated the points

Wardlley was at Elland Road
Todays ticketing on 21:39 - Apr 6 with 2061 viewsZx1988

Todays ticketing on 21:26 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

Also

Why would you minimise the atmosphere in the away end by giving tickets away.

Hopefully either Phil or someone from the EADT can hold the club's feet to the fire on this and get some explanations. It's absolutely appalling behaviour from the club, makes a mockery of paying £40 for priority access to tickets.

Todays ticketing on 21:40 - Apr 6 with 2034 viewsNeedhamChris

Todays ticketing on 21:38 - Apr 6 by Leaky

If I'd have known Leeds (A) was worth 25 points I'd have gone as well.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Todays ticketing on 21:49 - Apr 6 with 1950 viewscressi

Todays ticketing on 21:40 - Apr 6 by NeedhamChris

If I'd have known Leeds (A) was worth 25 points I'd have gone as well.

Trouble is No it's probably not fair but watching at home glad I wasn't there after that performance.
Thing is FA cup final both clubs get 25 thousand for fans the rest go to people who never watch either side totally unfair and these clubs have 50 thousand season ticket holders. They don't really give a sh*t about fans.
Todays ticketing on 21:50 - Apr 6 with 1934 viewslunatic1988

Todays ticketing on 21:38 - Apr 6 by Leaky

That Leeds game worth 30points yeah?
Todays ticketing on 21:59 - Apr 6 with 1849 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Todays ticketing on 21:49 - Apr 6 by cressi

Trouble is No it's probably not fair but watching at home glad I wasn't there after that performance.
Thing is FA cup final both clubs get 25 thousand for fans the rest go to people who never watch either side totally unfair and these clubs have 50 thousand season ticket holders. They don't really give a sh*t about fans.

My issue here is the club know how much this game means to both sets of supporters.

To give 20% away like this is genuinely a disgrace. Even the Evans regime didn’t have this.

I’m obviously grateful to Ashton and co but they owe the fanbase an apology here. The same thing will happen in the playoff away leg if we find ourselves in them otherwise.

Todays ticketing on 22:02 - Apr 6 with 1828 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Todays ticketing on 21:22 - Apr 6 by DJR

I doubt the tickets were free, and to some extent it’s fine if it’s the odd few (like it always has been) but hundreds is an absolute joke given the membership scheme / known demand for this game.

Re atmosphere - it was absolutely dreadful today. Embarrassing. A lady a few rows behind me had headphones in and was reading a book ffs. I also barely recognised a significant chunk of people which although happens more now we have bigger followings, really surprised me.
Todays ticketing on 22:04 - Apr 6 with 1805 viewsGlasgowBlue

Todays ticketing on 21:59 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

My issue here is the club know how much this game means to both sets of supporters.

To give 20% away like this is genuinely a disgrace. Even the Evans regime didn’t have this.

I’m obviously grateful to Ashton and co but they owe the fanbase an apology here. The same thing will happen in the playoff away leg if we find ourselves in them otherwise.

Sounds like a massive misjudgement by the club. Had we won I doubt there would be much discussion but I see this one going over the next couple o days and Ashtron is going to have to say something.

Of course staff and their family should get perks in the form of tickets. But not all at the same time for a game that so many regular supporters would have love to have attended.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Todays ticketing on 22:04 - Apr 6 with 1802 viewspennblue

Todays ticketing on 22:02 - Apr 6 by PrideOfTheEast

I doubt the tickets were free, and to some extent it’s fine if it’s the odd few (like it always has been) but hundreds is an absolute joke given the membership scheme / known demand for this game.

Re atmosphere - it was absolutely dreadful today. Embarrassing. A lady a few rows behind me had headphones in and was reading a book ffs. I also barely recognised a significant chunk of people which although happens more now we have bigger followings, really surprised me.

Would be interesting to know if people who just bank rolled points for this game just turned up today

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Todays ticketing on 22:09 - Apr 6 with 1742 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Todays ticketing on 22:04 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

Sounds like a massive misjudgement by the club. Had we won I doubt there would be much discussion but I see this one going over the next couple o days and Ashtron is going to have to say something.

Of course staff and their family should get perks in the form of tickets. But not all at the same time for a game that so many regular supporters would have love to have attended.

I disagree with the bit about it being a bigger talking point because we lost.

I’d have given a boll0ck this morning to have gone to the game. If we’d finally won after years of seeing us play sh*t there, and I came on here and found out I missed out because 20% of the tickets were going to people who don’t follow the club, I’d have been even angrier.

As it is, I’m fuming to be fair glassers. It’s unfair. It’s everything wrong with this country in a nutshell. It’s not what you know, or how loyal you are, it’s who you know that can sort you a ticket out on the sky. It’s an absolute p*ss take and holds fans in complete disgregard.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024