Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays ticketing 15:44 - Apr 6 with 30975 viewslunatic1988

Poor from the club with ticketing today. Saw a number of staff from the club that dont attend away games, dyer and his mates who don’t attended away games, wardley and his friends who don’t attend away games. Whats the point of having a points system, if genuine fans are going to miss out??
Todays ticketing on 10:39 - Apr 7 with 2129 viewsessexpaul64

Todays ticketing on 09:04 - Apr 7 by onceablue

It was Ashton who decided to reward the employees for their hard work

I can understand Ashton giving ‘free’ tickets to employees as a reward and giving freebies to Wardley and Dyer etc. but why this particular game. Everyone knows how much this means to the die hard fans that travel miles and miles each week to support this team. He could quite easily have given away tickets for Blackburn, where it was never gonna sell out 100%. I also agree that with Wardley it was just a PR exercise on his behalf as seen loads of videos of him giving it ‘large’ on tiktok. I think it was a complete own goal by Ashton and Ipswich Town and a kinda kick in the teeth to the die hards out there.
Todays ticketing on 10:44 - Apr 7 with 2089 viewsMeadowlark

I saw Dyer and the boxer chap, but how many extra tickets did this involve? All clubs have discretionary tickets. I think this is a bit of an overreaction.

And all those that said "there" mates, you meant "their" mates.
Todays ticketing on 11:03 - Apr 7 with 2000 viewsPally

Todays ticketing on 10:44 - Apr 7 by Meadowlark

I saw Dyer and the boxer chap, but how many extra tickets did this involve? All clubs have discretionary tickets. I think this is a bit of an overreaction.

Is it the way Norwich distribute tickets, 1600 for sale, 400 comps?

I remember seeing Sunderland and Leeds fans saying they’d been allocated 2000 but was announced as 1600 and 1700 respectively. Makes sense as you’d expect those games would be less appealing for their staff.
Todays ticketing on 11:05 - Apr 7 with 1987 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Todays ticketing on 10:07 - Apr 7 by tivo

Firstly, it was not 20%. Secondly under every regime, at every club, players and sponsors get an allocation of comp tickets as per their contracts.

It was between 350 and 400 tickets. Def info.

It’s the staff and plus ones that is ridiculous.
Todays ticketing on 11:08 - Apr 7 with 1954 viewsNeedhamChris

Todays ticketing on 11:05 - Apr 7 by PrideOfTheEast

It was between 350 and 400 tickets. Def info.

It’s the staff and plus ones that is ridiculous.

My guess is without the plus ones they wouldn't have been as attractive a perk - from what I gather more of the plus ones were Blues than the original staff member.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Todays ticketing on 11:10 - Apr 7 with 1941 viewsLeaky

Todays ticketing on 16:14 - Apr 6 by lunatic1988

Yes I understand that. Maybe limit them to two each, not wardley and his entourage

Probably Fabio is a member he can afford to buy tickets accrue points even if doesn't go himself. I have seen him at a few games
Todays ticketing on 11:10 - Apr 7 with 1941 viewswithyblue

It is total hypocrisy of the club to clamp down on abuse of the priority system whilst they give away hundreds of tickets to their mates for the most in demand away game of the season.
Todays ticketing on 11:10 - Apr 7 with 1940 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Todays ticketing on 11:08 - Apr 7 by NeedhamChris

My guess is without the plus ones they wouldn't have been as attractive a perk - from what I gather more of the plus ones were Blues than the original staff member.

But any Blue deserving of a ticket would have got one through ordinary means.
Login to get fewer ads

Todays ticketing on 11:19 - Apr 7 with 1896 viewsblueislander

Todays ticketing on 11:10 - Apr 7 by PrideOfTheEast

But any Blue deserving of a ticket would have got one through ordinary means.

I think you need to expand/ explain that statement. What do you mean by “deserving” ? It is patently obvious that we could have sold many more tickets than were made available. Do you mean that those that didn’t reach the requisite number of points didn’t deserve to be there? That is very harsh.
Todays ticketing on 11:21 - Apr 7 with 1893 viewsJ2BLUE

The priority system needs a rewrite. It needs to be fairer for ST holders and this situation should never happen again. I can see why a lot of you are p1ssed off.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Todays ticketing on 11:23 - Apr 7 with 1872 viewsBseaBlue

Todays ticketing on 11:21 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

The priority system needs a rewrite. It needs to be fairer for ST holders and this situation should never happen again. I can see why a lot of you are p1ssed off.

It's a massive own goal from the club. A few people have said it's just because we lost but as Romy said, imagine if we had stuffed them and some of our loyal followers missed out to day trippers that don't normally go.

The club would do well to apologise and move on quickly. Lessons learned and all that.
Todays ticketing on 11:26 - Apr 7 with 1846 viewspointofblue

Todays ticketing on 11:19 - Apr 7 by blueislander

I think you need to expand/ explain that statement. What do you mean by “deserving” ? It is patently obvious that we could have sold many more tickets than were made available. Do you mean that those that didn’t reach the requisite number of points didn’t deserve to be there? That is very harsh.

To be fair, the points system is there for a reason. Dedicated away supporters, who travel all over the country following the club, should have a better chance of purchasing Norwich tickets than someone who doesn’t.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Todays ticketing on 11:51 - Apr 7 with 1764 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I’m referring to the post I replied to that said the plus ones were blues more so than the staff member. My point is that the plus ones would have got a ticket through ordinary means if they were truly deserving of a ticket as opposed to opening a debate about who is actually deserving of a ticket.
Todays ticketing on 12:02 - Apr 7 with 1696 viewsBluePG

I agree, and can absolutely see both sides of the story.

Getting an away ticket is akin to getting membership at Lord’s at present; I’m a season ticket holder yet it could be 24 years until I get a sniff of an away ticket at Carrow Road….broadly the same time as it would take me to get membership of MCC if I started today.

“Comp” tickets going to friends and family has been a concept since ticketed events have been around. I was offered two tickets by an unnamed member of staff, however was unable to attend!

However….if I did have the necessary points and had travelled the length and breadth of the country this season in following the team, I’d be proper peed off if I was unable to get one for yesterday because (it is alleged) the manager of the local gym was able to go with a friend.

Poll: Best Dane?

Todays ticketing on 12:38 - Apr 7 with 1547 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Todays ticketing on 21:49 - Apr 6 by cressi

Trouble is No it's probably not fair but watching at home glad I wasn't there after that performance.
Thing is FA cup final both clubs get 25 thousand for fans the rest go to people who never watch either side totally unfair and these clubs have 50 thousand season ticket holders. They don't really give a sh*t about fans.

FA Cup Final ticketing is an FA decision - it's their flagship tournament and tickets pass down to grass roots level, though I'm certain that whichever two clubs reach the final are still frustrated by it. This is completely different, the club has shafted its own most loyal fans, an utter disgrace.
Todays ticketing on 12:52 - Apr 7 with 1487 viewspennblue

deserve is the wrong word, but I think what the poster means is if you attend more games you should have a higher priority. The ticketing system is incredibly difficult to get right for sure, but the only system I can see working well, is people buying into a certain level of commitment each year. So, a bit like a season ticket at home, you buy a season ticket away. Now, I know this used to exist! But I would suggest there could be different tiers, so Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Then, if you buy Gold, you go every away game, no arguments.

A Silver allows you to have secondary priority in maybe 12 away games per season.

A Bronze commits you to 6 away games.

Something along those lines, then every season, people can buy into a tier. You also have to get your ticket scanned at the ground to register attendance.

Where you have over subscriptions for games, it goes into a pure lottery (for the band you are in).
[Post edited 7 Apr 17:33]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Todays ticketing on 12:53 - Apr 7 with 1491 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think the points system has worked really well this season. The more away games you attend, the more chance you have of getting an away ticket.

Why should a season ticket holder who rarely attends away games get priority for an attractive away game over somebody who goes to a lot of away games?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Todays ticketing on 13:03 - Apr 7 with 1435 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Todays ticketing on 12:53 - Apr 7 by GlasgowBlue

I think the points system has worked really well this season. The more away games you attend, the more chance you have of getting an away ticket.

Why should a season ticket holder who rarely attends away games get priority for an attractive away game over somebody who goes to a lot of away games?

Agreed. Seems pretty much the fairest way to do it, but not following the process for a significant chunk of tickets for Norwich undermines that completely.
Todays ticketing on 13:03 - Apr 7 with 1431 viewsDJR

I second that. Season ticket holders get to see all the home games, and can buy a membership and get to go to away games if they want to (as I do). And there has to be some filter, otherwise you would have 21,000 season ticket holders applying for 2000 Norwich tickets. And the new system is fair to those who live a long way away but go to lots of away games.
[Post edited 7 Apr 13:06]
Todays ticketing on 13:06 - Apr 7 with 1411 viewsVegtablue

Todays ticketing on 10:44 - Apr 7 by Meadowlark

You should use the relative pronoun "who" when referring to people, if you intend to pursue better grammatical standards on the forum. "And all those that said" is clumsy.
Todays ticketing on 13:08 - Apr 7 with 1399 viewsDJR

Todays ticketing on 13:06 - Apr 7 by Vegtablue

You should use the relative pronoun "who" when referring to people, if you intend to pursue better grammatical standards on the forum. "And all those that said" is clumsy.

Pedants of the world unite!
Todays ticketing on 13:34 - Apr 7 with 1332 viewslizzibee

Completely agree - the more you go and support the club, the greater your chance of a ticket. Its quite simple and works well
Todays ticketing on 13:43 - Apr 7 with 1275 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Todays ticketing on 13:08 - Apr 7 by DJR

Pedants of the world unite!

You have nothing to lose but you're chains?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Todays ticketing on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 1234 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Todays ticketing on 13:34 - Apr 7 by lizzibee

Completely agree - the more you go and support the club, the greater your chance of a ticket. Its quite simple and works well

And should have been allowed to continue to work that way for what is always going to be the most attractive away fixture of the season.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Todays ticketing on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 1233 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Todays ticketing on 16:29 - Apr 6 by onceablue

Each permanent member of staff(200) were given 2 tickets and were restricted ie not allowed to sell and were told if they did it would be a disciplinary Matter

Understand doing t that for a home game but the biggest away game of the Season absolutely outrageous

You say this with a good degree of authority. How do we actually know the whole two tickets each thing is true? Do you personally work for the club?

(Not accusing you of lying, just wondered how we actually know this to be the case other than people posting on Twitter….)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024