Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays ticketing 15:44 - Apr 6 with 30946 viewslunatic1988

Poor from the club with ticketing today. Saw a number of staff from the club that dont attend away games, dyer and his mates who don’t attended away games, wardley and his friends who don’t attend away games. Whats the point of having a points system, if genuine fans are going to miss out??
Todays ticketing on 22:12 - Apr 6 with 2697 viewsReuser_is_God

Todays ticketing on 21:31 - Apr 6 by gainsboroughblue

A match at Norwich is the one game that we want our most loyal, passionate and vocal fans at. It's hard enough as it is these days with only 15 or so % of our home crowd able to go.

A load of people there on freebies for a jolly is a fecking disgrace imo.

When I was little, my dad and uncles wouldn't take me to a Norwich game. It was their day to get in the pub at lunchtime and shout themselves hoarse at the ground.

Wardley in the away end was a disgrace.

How many points has he got?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Todays ticketing on 22:13 - Apr 6 with 2664 viewsGlasgowBlue

Todays ticketing on 22:12 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

Wardley, like Ed Sheeran, has a business arrangement with the club so I see no issue with him getting tickets.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Todays ticketing on 22:15 - Apr 6 with 2639 viewsReuser_is_God

Todays ticketing on 22:13 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

Wardley, like Ed Sheeran, has a business arrangement with the club so I see no issue with him getting tickets.

He should be going as a guest of the club in corporate/directors box.

Same as Dyer.

Their tickets in the away end should’ve been sold to someone who had met the qualifying criteria.

Evans out

Todays ticketing on 22:17 - Apr 6 with 2617 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Todays ticketing on 22:13 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

Have to say I’m less bothered about Wardley. It’s the club staff and their plus 1s who don’t have the right amount of points that is truly ridiculous for me, and the plus 1 part of that being unbelievable really.
Todays ticketing on 22:26 - Apr 6 with 2565 viewsNeedhamChris

Todays ticketing on 22:12 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

From the videos I've seen, he behaved like a complete idiot as well. All about the PR for him.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Todays ticketing on 22:31 - Apr 6 with 2528 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Todays ticketing on 22:15 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

He should be going as a guest of the club in corporate/directors box.

Same as Dyer.

Their tickets in the away end should’ve been sold to someone who had met the qualifying criteria.

I’m staggered people are defending the club over this.

Literally in this thread someone said a woman on his Facebook went to the game today despite hating football ffs because her husband works at the club. How the f**k can that be allowed to happen for a game like today? It’s disgraceful.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Todays ticketing on 22:48 - Apr 6 with 2431 viewsReuser_is_God

Todays ticketing on 22:31 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Literally in this thread someone said a woman on his Facebook went to the game today despite hating football ffs because her husband works at the club. How the f**k can that be allowed to happen for a game like today? It’s disgraceful.

So am I, massive own goal.

I couldn’t get a ticket as don’t have enough points & couldn’t have gone anyway as I’m away but that away end was a disgrace, everytime the Sky cameras panned over I cringed.

Evans out

Todays ticketing on 22:57 - Apr 6 with 2374 viewsGlasgowBlue

Todays ticketing on 22:31 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm not defending the club over the 400 tickets for staff, but have no issue with Wardley getting a freebie tbh. He brings us a lot of publicity. Less than a week ago he retained his title wearing the club colours.

Had we won people would have been saying how he was a man of the people mixing with the fans rather than taking a seat in corporate.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Todays ticketing on 23:09 - Apr 6 with 2321 viewsLeistonBlue

May I suggest that everyone who feels strongly about this (and I include myself in that even though I got a ticket) writes the club a polite, but strongly worded email letting them know? I highly doubt that Ashton & co read TWTD or look in twitter, but they need to know that people are rightly furious about this and that it simply cannot happen again if we (god forbid) meet them in the playoffs. He keeps saying how brilliant the fans are - we do not deserve this and I’m sure, given time to reflect, Ashton will agree.
Todays ticketing on 23:16 - Apr 6 with 2275 viewsSitfcB

Todays ticketing on 22:57 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not defending the club over the 400 tickets for staff, but have no issue with Wardley getting a freebie tbh. He brings us a lot of publicity. Less than a week ago he retained his title wearing the club colours.

Had we won people would have been saying how he was a man of the people mixing with the fans rather than taking a seat in corporate.

As others have said, Wardley +1 and Dyer +1 not really a problem, and usually people love to see it.

It seems sponsors of the club were also given a couple of tickets, I saw some people there today that don’t even go to home games, let alone been to any away ones.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Todays ticketing on 23:29 - Apr 6 with 2218 viewsTractorWood

Todays ticketing on 23:16 - Apr 6 by SitfcB

As others have said, Wardley +1 and Dyer +1 not really a problem, and usually people love to see it.

It seems sponsors of the club were also given a couple of tickets, I saw some people there today that don’t even go to home games, let alone been to any away ones.

There was noticeably people there today who don't go to games. As you say, nae bother for a dozen or so high profile ex players or people with commercial arrangements but 400 is madness. Absolutely ridiculous decision and hope the club come out and admit they got this wrong......Otherwise it feels like it's better to get a job at Town and pick the big games than follow us away!

It does reconcile the difference between our allocation and numbers police were expecting though.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Todays ticketing on 00:01 - Apr 7 with 2144 viewsReus30

Put it this way, would an additional 400 actual supporters make a difference to the result? Maybe.

Would it make a difference to the atmosphere?

Hell bloody yes!

If this costs us autos, it's single handly the stupidest decision every made in the last 25 years.

15 years of pain FFS and we send 20 percent of our allocation to day trippers....
Todays ticketing on 00:04 - Apr 7 with 2140 viewsAlexMathie

I’m disgusted by this. I’ve bought ten away tickets this season, six I didn’t even go to and I couldn’t get a Norwich ticket. Livid.

www.turfgame.com

Todays ticketing on 00:35 - Apr 7 with 2055 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Todays ticketing on 23:29 - Apr 6 by TractorWood

There was noticeably people there today who don't go to games. As you say, nae bother for a dozen or so high profile ex players or people with commercial arrangements but 400 is madness. Absolutely ridiculous decision and hope the club come out and admit they got this wrong......Otherwise it feels like it's better to get a job at Town and pick the big games than follow us away!

It does reconcile the difference between our allocation and numbers police were expecting though.

Bang on. Number of 'strangers' and the faces you don't know from the away days.

And people begging for the selvies with Wardley.

That was a stinker in every aspect on and off the pitch today.
Todays ticketing on 01:34 - Apr 7 with 1992 viewsColumba

Todays ticketing on 00:35 - Apr 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Bang on. Number of 'strangers' and the faces you don't know from the away days.

And people begging for the selvies with Wardley.

That was a stinker in every aspect on and off the pitch today.

Maybe people should get extra points for actually being from Ipswich. Or from Suffolk at the very least.
Todays ticketing on 07:01 - Apr 7 with 1797 viewsGlasgowBlue

Todays ticketing on 01:34 - Apr 7 by Columba

Maybe people should get extra points for actually being from Ipswich. Or from Suffolk at the very least.

Iron Lion Zion

Todays ticketing on 07:15 - Apr 7 with 1766 viewsBuhrer

Todays ticketing on 22:48 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

So am I, massive own goal.

I couldn’t get a ticket as don’t have enough points & couldn’t have gone anyway as I’m away but that away end was a disgrace, everytime the Sky cameras panned over I cringed.

When it showed them: "SCOWL your face off for the lads!"
Todays ticketing on 07:57 - Apr 7 with 1641 viewsReuser_is_God

Todays ticketing on 00:04 - Apr 7 by AlexMathie

I’m disgusted by this. I’ve bought ten away tickets this season, six I didn’t even go to and I couldn’t get a Norwich ticket. Livid.

So you abused the system but still didn’t get a ticket? Oh well.

Evans out

Todays ticketing on 07:59 - Apr 7 with 1625 viewsDJR

Todays ticketing on 01:34 - Apr 7 by Columba

I can't imagine many who go to games don't have some connection with Suffolk or North Essex, whether or not they still live there.

I am a case in point, being a season ticket holder living in Kent who left Ipswich aged 18.
[Post edited 7 Apr 8:06]
Todays ticketing on 08:02 - Apr 7 with 1604 viewsChurchman

Todays ticketing on 16:11 - Apr 6 by blueislander

I understand the beef, but the club and the players always have a few tickets at their disposal. I confess I was able to get one of these for the play off final.

You’re not alone. The only time I’ve seen us at Norwich was in 92 when a friend got a couple of tickets from somebody at Norwich.

This sort of thing has been going on for years I guess. Just look at any major sporting event and you’ll see it. Wimbledon is a good example. Every year, the camera focuses on the famous in their hundreds. I doubt Beckham and co know one end of a racket from another, but every year there are their gormless faces for all to see. I doubt they entered the ballot with the great unwashed

Back to 2024 and ITFC, I think it’s something to raise at the forum. The club talks and clearly aims to adhere to high standards. That should include situations like this. I’d be interested to know what percentage were kept back for the Wardleys and co. If is raised, I’ll be interested in what Ashton has to say.
Todays ticketing on 08:13 - Apr 7 with 1557 viewsITFC_Forever

If it had just been Wardley and KD getting a ticket and +1, no-one would have minded too much.

But 396 others is taking the pee.

I’ve banged on enough about the effort I had to go to to get to the game, and I did think there were a lot of people there I didn’t recognise from the regular away games (when you go regularly, you do recognise a lot of the usual faces). I naively assumed I was wrong and they must have accumulated enough points, and I’d just not noticed them before. But it turns out I was right…. I saw someone who is I know is a steward at the club who I know to say hello to, and I’d know if I usually saw them at an away game.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Todays ticketing on 08:16 - Apr 7 with 1531 viewstractorboy1978

Todays ticketing on 22:57 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

Had we won, I think it would have been even worse. That's 400 fans who have supported the club and accumulated their points totals that would have missed a huge win over our rivals.
Todays ticketing on 08:26 - Apr 7 with 1484 viewsBlueBoots

If one of the perks of working for ITFC is getting 2 tickets to an away match of your choice, which one are you going to choose? By the sound of the matchday experience from the regular away fans, many of those who opted for this game probably did so just because it's the closest to get to...

I'm not going to blame the staff for going, it's really down to the club who really should use some common sense with the ticketing; Norwich allocate about 7.5% of their capacity to ITFC, so the club should do the same with the staff ticket allocation (would work out at 150 rather than 400) Apply at the start of the season, 150 tickets by ballot, and if you're unlucky take up tickets for another away game...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Todays ticketing on 08:43 - Apr 7 with 1404 viewssotd78

So far the current club regime have got most things correct. But seems the ticketing for Nodge they got badly wrong.
KM calls on us for passionate support etc and despite our stoic nature we often respond well. The club had best not be too upfront about calling us to be more vocal when 2000 of our most passionate fans can't all get tickets.
Either way it would not affect me. I'm now of a tartan blanket age. But I do see the c*ck up here.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Todays ticketing on 08:53 - Apr 7 with 1343 viewsblueislander

Todays ticketing on 08:43 - Apr 7 by sotd78

So far the current club regime have got most things correct. But seems the ticketing for Nodge they got badly wrong.
KM calls on us for passionate support etc and despite our stoic nature we often respond well. The club had best not be too upfront about calling us to be more vocal when 2000 of our most passionate fans can't all get tickets.
Either way it would not affect me. I'm now of a tartan blanket age. But I do see the c*ck up here.

There are questions that I would like to have answered.

At what level at the club was the decision to give every club employee a ticket made?

Did they pay for the tickets?

How was it deemed appropriate to give them 2 tickets?

Why were the “celebrities” not given tickets for the hospitality areas? Did Norwich not make these available? I think it is usual to make a few of these available to the away club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024