Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays ticketing 15:44 - Apr 6 with 30963 viewslunatic1988

Poor from the club with ticketing today. Saw a number of staff from the club that dont attend away games, dyer and his mates who don’t attended away games, wardley and his friends who don’t attend away games. Whats the point of having a points system, if genuine fans are going to miss out??
Todays ticketing on 09:04 - Apr 7 with 2013 viewsonceablue

Todays ticketing on 08:53 - Apr 7 by blueislander

There are questions that I would like to have answered.

At what level at the club was the decision to give every club employee a ticket made?

Did they pay for the tickets?

How was it deemed appropriate to give them 2 tickets?

Why were the “celebrities” not given tickets for the hospitality areas? Did Norwich not make these available? I think it is usual to make a few of these available to the away club.

It was Ashton who decided to reward the employees for their hard work
Todays ticketing on 09:05 - Apr 7 with 2001 viewsITFC_Blood

Todays ticketing on 09:04 - Apr 7 by onceablue

Ok but a plus one is a joke.

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Todays ticketing on 09:10 - Apr 7 with 1964 viewsNeedhamChris

You'd think with £16,000 (400*£40) they could have just had an away day.

Poor from Ashton this - all for reward and recognition but not at the expense of fans for a game that means so much. Corporate backslapping clearly more of a priority for this one.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Maybe people should…. on 09:11 - Apr 7 with 1957 viewsBloots

Todays ticketing on 01:34 - Apr 7 by Columba

Maybe people should get extra points for actually being from Ipswich. Or from Suffolk at the very least.

….get extra points for the number of TWTD logins that they’ve had?

Eh?

Eh?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and tremendously exquisite.

They get a salary for that. (n/t) on 09:12 - Apr 7 with 1950 viewsBloots

Todays ticketing on 09:12 - Apr 7 with 1951 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Todays ticketing on 08:53 - Apr 7 by blueislander

There are questions that I would like to have answered.

At what level at the club was the decision to give every club employee a ticket made?

Did they pay for the tickets?

How was it deemed appropriate to give them 2 tickets?

Why were the “celebrities” not given tickets for the hospitality areas? Did Norwich not make these available? I think it is usual to make a few of these available to the away club.

Club staff did have to pay for them, as I know someone who was able to, but the rest of those questions are definitely worth asking the club
Todays ticketing on 09:15 - Apr 7 with 1919 viewsNeedhamChris

Todays ticketing on 09:12 - Apr 7 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Club staff did have to pay for them, as I know someone who was able to, but the rest of those questions are definitely worth asking the club

I'm sure our independent local journos are on the case already.

Todays ticketing on 09:19 - Apr 7 with 1877 viewsITFC_Blood

Todays ticketing on 09:12 - Apr 7 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Payment isn’t the issue

It’s those fans who have paid £40 membership , spent hundreds if not more on travel, tickets and hotels who did this to get the required points.

To then have 400 people there , not even fans some of them is a complete pi$$ take

Login to get fewer ads

When I got back to Ipswich…. on 09:23 - Apr 7 with 1847 viewsBloots

….I went to Isaac’s, it was really busy obviously loads had watched the game there, but I genuinely recognised more people in there from football than I did at Carrow Road.

In fact I nearly recognised as many Norwich fans in that corner of the Barclay nearest us, than I did Ipswich fans in our end.

The atmosphere was really flat in our end, and whilst it probably didn’t affect the result, it probably didn’t help either. But the bigger issue is around the allocation of tickets itself, I know a number of people with 25+ points that missed out on tickets and if these have been given to staff etc in preference then something is very wrong.

If the 400 figure is correct, and I’ve got no reason to doubt it, then the club needs to answer some questions.

But the problem is, as always, who will actually ask the questions?
[Post edited 7 Apr 9:26]

Ha! Yeah them or…. on 09:24 - Apr 7 with 1828 viewsBloots

Todays ticketing on 09:15 - Apr 7 by NeedhamChris

….the supporters club.

They’ll sort it out!

“Hard hitting” innit.

Ha! Yeah them or…. on 09:31 - Apr 7 with 1760 viewsITFC_Blood

Ha! Yeah them or…. on 09:24 - Apr 7 by Bloots

….the supporters club.

They’ll sort it out!

“Hard hitting” innit.

Ashton will just laugh it off and say it’s all about being one team blah blah blah

I hope the David Lloyd management enjoyed there freebies

When I got back to Ipswich…. on 09:41 - Apr 7 with 1701 viewsitfcjoe

When I got back to Ipswich…. on 09:23 - Apr 7 by Bloots

….I went to Isaac’s, it was really busy obviously loads had watched the game there, but I genuinely recognised more people in there from football than I did at Carrow Road.

In fact I nearly recognised as many Norwich fans in that corner of the Barclay nearest us, than I did Ipswich fans in our end.

The atmosphere was really flat in our end, and whilst it probably didn’t affect the result, it probably didn’t help either. But the bigger issue is around the allocation of tickets itself, I know a number of people with 25+ points that missed out on tickets and if these have been given to staff etc in preference then something is very wrong.

If the 400 figure is correct, and I’ve got no reason to doubt it, then the club needs to answer some questions.

But the problem is, as always, who will actually ask the questions?
[Post edited 7 Apr 9:26]

Mentioned on another post, but I got the train in from Yarmouth and got in at 10:50 so not really enough time to head to Town House so just grabbed a couple of cans from Morrisons and stood outside away end for about an hour.

Was amazed at how few people I recognised, as was basically waiting an hour at the entrance to the away end - also how many people I recognised who I know wouldn’t even have a season ticket or be a regular at PR.

Also, on a related note, I saw so many fake Ipswich shirts - DH Gate must be in roaring business.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Todays ticketing on 09:41 - Apr 7 with 1696 viewsZx1988

Todays ticketing on 09:15 - Apr 7 by NeedhamChris

This is the interesting one for me.

Since GC came in, the relationship with the local media has definitely changed. Outlets are willing to keep a lid on stories (transfer rumours, Brandon Williams) and probably get benefits/preferential access in return.

This is the first big negative story to come out of the club since GC - hopefully it will get the coverage and questioning that the fans deserve.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Todays ticketing on 09:48 - Apr 7 with 1647 viewsITFC_Blood

Todays ticketing on 09:41 - Apr 7 by Zx1988

This is the interesting one for me.

Since GC came in, the relationship with the local media has definitely changed. Outlets are willing to keep a lid on stories (transfer rumours, Brandon Williams) and probably get benefits/preferential access in return.

This is the first big negative story to come out of the club since GC - hopefully it will get the coverage and questioning that the fans deserve.

Agree, lots of annoyed proper fans who travelled all year to go yesterday.

All makes sense now tho why they went so quick.

When I got back to Ipswich…. on 09:50 - Apr 7 with 1634 views_clive_baker_

When I got back to Ipswich…. on 09:41 - Apr 7 by itfcjoe

Mentioned on another post, but I got the train in from Yarmouth and got in at 10:50 so not really enough time to head to Town House so just grabbed a couple of cans from Morrisons and stood outside away end for about an hour.

Was amazed at how few people I recognised, as was basically waiting an hour at the entrance to the away end - also how many people I recognised who I know wouldn’t even have a season ticket or be a regular at PR.

Also, on a related note, I saw so many fake Ipswich shirts - DH Gate must be in roaring business.

It was a complete farce. Certainly a stretch to say it might’ve impacted the result, but it undoubtedly impacted the atmosphere. Either way, that’s not the point is it? We’ve got fans trekking all over the place and following the team all season, spending their hard earned, playing their part in getting us where we are this season. From Plymouth to Swansea to Sunderland. We’ve got a points based ticket system that’s designed in a way that’s meant to be fair and equitable, rewarding such loyalty, but when the 1 big ticket scramble of the season comes around we’ve handed out 400 of our already tiny allocation to people based entirely on who they know rather than what. Those tickets absolutely should have got into the hands of those fans on 25+ points.

It’s absolutely disgraceful, and I say that as someone who managed to get a ticket.
Todays ticketing on 09:52 - Apr 7 with 1611 viewsNeedhamChris

Todays ticketing on 09:48 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Blood

Agree, lots of annoyed proper fans who travelled all year to go yesterday.

All makes sense now tho why they went so quick.

Not just why they went so quick, also why the Norfolk police had a figure 400 less.

I've asked Norfolk Constabulary that question (in a 30 second FOI request, nothing too time consuming) - asking for details of communication with ITFC relating to the make up of the 2000 tickets. Will be interesting to see if the ITFC line is an honest one if they address this early next week.

When I got back to Ipswich…. on 09:53 - Apr 7 with 1602 viewsITFC_Blood

When I got back to Ipswich…. on 09:50 - Apr 7 by _clive_baker_

It was a complete farce. Certainly a stretch to say it might’ve impacted the result, but it undoubtedly impacted the atmosphere. Either way, that’s not the point is it? We’ve got fans trekking all over the place and following the team all season, spending their hard earned, playing their part in getting us where we are this season. From Plymouth to Swansea to Sunderland. We’ve got a points based ticket system that’s designed in a way that’s meant to be fair and equitable, rewarding such loyalty, but when the 1 big ticket scramble of the season comes around we’ve handed out 400 of our already tiny allocation to people based entirely on who they know rather than what. Those tickets absolutely should have got into the hands of those fans on 25+ points.

It’s absolutely disgraceful, and I say that as someone who managed to get a ticket.

Agree me and boy are on 29.

Lucky we got 2, wasn’t feeling as lucky yesterday loll

These free tickets they weren’t up at 4AM to do the long treks, or get back in at 3AM for work at 8.

I think it’s the plus one that really get me. People taking their wives for a day out who don’t like football.

Another one I spoke to worked for club but was a west ham. Just a day out he said, showing me his west ham tat.

Poor show Ipswich poor show

Todays ticketing on 09:57 - Apr 7 with 1562 viewsBig_Jase

Todays ticketing on 22:13 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

Wardley, like Ed Sheeran, has a business arrangement with the club so I see no issue with him getting tickets.

Wardley uses the club to boost his profile, not the other way around. Completely different to Sheeran who puts a hell of a lot of money into the club.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Todays ticketing on 10:01 - Apr 7 with 1521 viewsITFC_Blood

Todays ticketing on 09:52 - Apr 7 by NeedhamChris

Not just why they went so quick, also why the Norfolk police had a figure 400 less.

I've asked Norfolk Constabulary that question (in a 30 second FOI request, nothing too time consuming) - asking for details of communication with ITFC relating to the make up of the 2000 tickets. Will be interesting to see if the ITFC line is an honest one if they address this early next week.

From what I understand Norfolk police 1600 was based on sold tickets.

Guess the 400 rest were comps and not counted?

Todays ticketing on 10:06 - Apr 7 with 1480 viewstivo

Todays ticketing on 21:32 - Apr 6 by Dennyx4

If you are saying that the staff get 2 away tickets per season, it is still very short sighted to allow all or nearly all of them to select the same game.

I am not saying that at all. Playing staff have a designated number of away tickets over the course of a season and between 2-4 per home game if they want them. I am not aware of any nominal staff getting away tickets as perks.

Sponsors; depending on their sponsorship deals will have allocations as well. The number of comps for yesterday was well under 200, closer to 150 mark. This 400 is BS.
Todays ticketing on 10:07 - Apr 7 with 1468 viewstivo

Todays ticketing on 21:59 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

My issue here is the club know how much this game means to both sets of supporters.

To give 20% away like this is genuinely a disgrace. Even the Evans regime didn’t have this.

I’m obviously grateful to Ashton and co but they owe the fanbase an apology here. The same thing will happen in the playoff away leg if we find ourselves in them otherwise.

Firstly, it was not 20%. Secondly under every regime, at every club, players and sponsors get an allocation of comp tickets as per their contracts.
Todays ticketing on 10:14 - Apr 7 with 1427 viewsNeedhamChris

Todays ticketing on 10:07 - Apr 7 by tivo

Firstly, it was not 20%. Secondly under every regime, at every club, players and sponsors get an allocation of comp tickets as per their contracts.

Hi Mark. There were plenty of nominal staff and plus ones there, as has been shown by the experiences of many town fans that were there. Whether they were comps or purchased tickets with special access is a bit of a moot point really.

The club is so much more well ran now than it was. But that doesn't mean you need to defend everything they do even if they do occasionally get it wrong.
[Post edited 7 Apr 10:15]

Todays ticketing on 10:19 - Apr 7 with 1383 viewsZx1988

Todays ticketing on 10:07 - Apr 7 by tivo

Although we don't know the facts, there's a lot of people (including Norfolk Police) saying the same thing about 20%/400 tickets. Far too many to be a coincidence in my eyes.

The 'contractual obligation' line doesn't cut it either. I bet standard contracts for 'normal' staff don't have such an obligation. The likes of Wardley and Dyer could, no doubt, have been given some of Town's director's box allowance if their attendance was so vital.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Todays ticketing on 10:31 - Apr 7 with 1311 viewsCrawfordsboot

Todays ticketing on 00:04 - Apr 7 by AlexMathie

I’m disgusted by this. I’ve bought ten away tickets this season, six I didn’t even go to and I couldn’t get a Norwich ticket. Livid.

Are you saying you bought six tickets but didn’t bother going, thereby denying someone else the chance to go and to sing and create an atmosphere supporting the club?
Todays ticketing on 10:33 - Apr 7 with 1284 viewsNeedhamChris

Todays ticketing on 10:31 - Apr 7 by Crawfordsboot

Are you saying you bought six tickets but didn’t bother going, thereby denying someone else the chance to go and to sing and create an atmosphere supporting the club?

Don't feed the obvious troll.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024