Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays ticketing 15:44 - Apr 6 with 32007 viewslunatic1988

Poor from the club with ticketing today. Saw a number of staff from the club that dont attend away games, dyer and his mates who don’t attended away games, wardley and his friends who don’t attend away games. Whats the point of having a points system, if genuine fans are going to miss out??
Todays ticketing on 20:32 - Apr 7 with 3399 viewsSwailsey

Todays ticketing on 20:31 - Apr 7 by Lord_Lucan

My mate and his daughter were two of the supposed 400...

.......but in fairness they are both long term ST holders and my mate has been to most home games since the late 70's.

Shhhhhh

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Todays ticketing on 20:35 - Apr 7 with 3381 viewsLord_Lucan

Todays ticketing on 20:32 - Apr 7 by NeedhamChris

So they wouldn't have qualified, that's the point isn't it...

Yes it is the point but this has all got a bit weird - and very quickly.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Todays ticketing on 20:36 - Apr 7 with 3357 viewsNeedhamChris

Todays ticketing on 20:35 - Apr 7 by Lord_Lucan

Yes it is the point but this has all got a bit weird - and very quickly.

People expecting fairness from the system and the club, isn't weird.

The vigilante 'name them' stuff and the demands to Phil, that's a little weird I'll grant you.

But your friends didn't deserve to be there in line with the system we were all following.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Todays ticketing on 20:43 - Apr 7 with 3303 viewspointofblue

Whilst I agree with the majority on the thread about the club making a mis-steo I can't help it's getting to the point now where people are using it as deflection to avoid dwelling on yesterday's result. And, because of that, it's now getting slightly out of hand.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Todays ticketing on 20:47 - Apr 7 with 3254 viewsbazza

Todays ticketing on 20:43 - Apr 7 by pointofblue

Whilst I agree with the majority on the thread about the club making a mis-steo I can't help it's getting to the point now where people are using it as deflection to avoid dwelling on yesterday's result. And, because of that, it's now getting slightly out of hand.

I’d say a few words on the internet, is hardly thousands of fans turning up at the club burning flags and effigy’s of Ashton .. that’s things getting out of hand 😂
Todays ticketing on 20:51 - Apr 7 with 3217 viewsGlasgowBlue

Todays ticketing on 20:13 - Apr 7 by RetiredBlue

As a journalist, and considering the furore on your website regarding this issue, do you not think you should be actively asking questions of the club rather than passively waiting for a statement to be made?

Phil has a life like the rest of us. And it's a Sunday. Phil's asked the question and I'm sure there will be more to follow.

Not sure people digging out Phil is particularly helpful.
[Post edited 7 Apr 20:53]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Todays ticketing on 21:06 - Apr 7 with 3103 viewsRetiredBlue

Todays ticketing on 20:51 - Apr 7 by GlasgowBlue

Phil has a life like the rest of us. And it's a Sunday. Phil's asked the question and I'm sure there will be more to follow.

Not sure people digging out Phil is particularly helpful.
[Post edited 7 Apr 20:53]

Not digging Phil out at all.
He gave a passive reply about publishing a club statement if one was forthcoming to another poster's statement, I queried whether he would be more active in raising questions of the club. He replied to me to say he had already done so on another thread, I apologised for raising a question he had already answered, for which Phil gave me an uppie, so I assume all is good.
All of this is clearly visible in the exchange.

Danny Hegan is still one of my favourite Ipswich players.

Todays ticketing on 21:12 - Apr 7 with 3059 viewsN2_Blue

What a thing to happen 5 games to go in the biggest season Town have had for years.

There's going to be some bad feeling between a lot of fans and the cub based on some of the slightly unhinged and extreme comments on here.

The club needs to make a thorough and transparent statement tomorrow morning and ensure nothing like this happens again and look at compensating any fan they feel could justifiably have missed out on getting a ticket based on their points status.

This is really not a good thing to have simmering in the back ground ahead of two massive home games. No one should underestimate how much impact things like this can potentially have on mindset, if the players even have a whiff of picking up on it through supporter interaction or god forbid some tension at a game itself. Pyschology is a funny thing and just 1% inpact on sporting performance could be critical.
A terrible weekend has undoubtedly got a lot worse!
[Post edited 7 Apr 21:18]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Todays ticketing on 21:13 - Apr 7 with 3033 viewsReus30

Todays ticketing on 21:12 - Apr 7 by N2_Blue

What a thing to happen 5 games to go in the biggest season Town have had for years.

There's going to be some bad feeling between a lot of fans and the cub based on some of the slightly unhinged and extreme comments on here.

The club needs to make a thorough and transparent statement tomorrow morning and ensure nothing like this happens again and look at compensating any fan they feel could justifiably have missed out on getting a ticket based on their points status.

This is really not a good thing to have simmering in the back ground ahead of two massive home games. No one should underestimate how much impact things like this can potentially have on mindset, if the players even have a whiff of picking up on it through supporter interaction or god forbid some tension at a game itself. Pyschology is a funny thing and just 1% inpact on sporting performance could be critical.
A terrible weekend has undoubtedly got a lot worse!
[Post edited 7 Apr 21:18]

Exactly this, 5 games to go and we are back to a club divided...

Hmmmmm, worrying.
Todays ticketing on 21:13 - Apr 7 with 3024 viewsTresBonne

Todays ticketing on 20:43 - Apr 7 by pointofblue

Spot on lol.

Yes it's a frustrating thing and an OG from the club, but it would have made the slightest of difference in the actual game.

Football fans have a tendency to do a bit of finger pointing blame just to direct some anger at.
Todays ticketing on 22:33 - Apr 7 with 2815 viewsLRB84UK

Todays ticketing on 09:12 - Apr 7 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Club staff did have to pay for them, as I know someone who was able to, but the rest of those questions are definitely worth asking the club

Foundation staff and their plus ones didn't pay. Staff has no interest in football, other half only goes to home games as they get 2 free season tickets. Both went to the game with little to no interest.
Todays ticketing on 08:08 - Apr 8 with 2476 viewswitchdoctor

Todays ticketing on 20:31 - Apr 7 by Lord_Lucan

My mate and his daughter were two of the supposed 400...

.......but in fairness they are both long term ST holders and my mate has been to most home games since the late 70's.

what’s fair about that?…if they don’t regularly go to away games why were they offered tickets for this game thus denying a couple of fans who had followed Town away several times this season…
Todays ticketing on 08:18 - Apr 8 with 2439 viewsyorkshireblue

Not much sleep in YorkshireBlue Towers last night - not through any indignation but due to YorkshireBlue Junior not settling - anyway, I ended up on Pink Un for my sins.

As a sign of how badly the club have handled this - their fans feel sorry for us over this issue. (less sorry over the result it must be said).

What's done is done.... but it's key how the club handle the fall out.
Todays ticketing on 08:22 - Apr 8 with 2416 viewsLord_Lucan

Todays ticketing on 08:08 - Apr 8 by witchdoctor

what’s fair about that?…if they don’t regularly go to away games why were they offered tickets for this game thus denying a couple of fans who had followed Town away several times this season…

Calm down Dodge.

For all I know (due to his position) he might get tickets for every game as he's hardly backroom.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Todays ticketing on 08:30 - Apr 8 with 2384 viewswitchdoctor

Todays ticketing on 08:22 - Apr 8 by Lord_Lucan

Calm down Dodge.

For all I know (due to his position) he might get tickets for every game as he's hardly backroom.

I’m calm mate…me and mine got a couple of tix…just..as we only have 28 points so scraped in by the skin of our gnashers…just feel for those in the same boat who weren’t so lucky…,
[Post edited 8 Apr 8:45]
Todays ticketing on 08:49 - Apr 8 with 2321 viewsDJR

I've always wanted to know how many people have memberships and how many people are at particular level of points, but assume this is something the club wouldn't want to disclose.

However, if indeed only 1,600 tickets were available, this suggests less than that number have 30 plus points. And maybe the poorer atmosphere on Saturday was down in part also to the fact that it is the often 1,000 or more additional fans at most away games who are the more vociferous fans.

As it is, I caught the train from Witham to Norwich getting in at 11.20 and commented to my mates that, even though the train was packed, I didn't think the fans were as rowdy-looking as on the train to, say, Cardiff.
[Post edited 8 Apr 9:13]
Todays ticketing on 08:57 - Apr 8 with 2269 viewsAviator

Todays ticketing on 08:49 - Apr 8 by DJR

I've always wanted to know how many people have memberships and how many people are at particular level of points, but assume this is something the club wouldn't want to disclose.

However, if indeed only 1,600 tickets were available, this suggests less than that number have 30 plus points. And maybe the poorer atmosphere on Saturday was down in part also to the fact that it is the often 1,000 or more additional fans at most away games who are the more vociferous fans.

As it is, I caught the train from Witham to Norwich getting in at 11.20 and commented to my mates that, even though the train was packed, I didn't think the fans were as rowdy-looking as on the train to, say, Cardiff.
[Post edited 8 Apr 9:13]

Probably a lot of truth in that. The 30 pointers tend to be older less vocal fans, I reckon. Also very difficult to plan sitting together when there’s a mad scramble for tickets. Add in the 12:30 kick off and the performance and it’s a perfect storm. Atmosphere was terrible around me and that was not among ‘the 400’.
Todays ticketing on 09:10 - Apr 8 with 2213 viewsevansblue

Todays ticketing on 08:57 - Apr 8 by Aviator

Probably a lot of truth in that. The 30 pointers tend to be older less vocal fans, I reckon. Also very difficult to plan sitting together when there’s a mad scramble for tickets. Add in the 12:30 kick off and the performance and it’s a perfect storm. Atmosphere was terrible around me and that was not among ‘the 400’.

Mates on 30 sat together but me and few others in 25 were all sat apart due to the scramble. At the end of the day the game was awful from an ipswich perspective. The singing was ok at the start and in patches but nothing was happening on the pitch. The players need us but we also need them.

Atmosphere is also never that great with limited away tickets. Off the top of my head Birmingham wasn’t great until the last 20 when we had something to sing about

Anyway Just one of those days and we move on.
Todays ticketing on 09:20 - Apr 8 with 2155 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Todays ticketing on 14:13 - Apr 7 by tivo

I can give you the exact number tomorrow at 9.10.

10 minutes late….
Todays ticketing on 12:59 - Apr 8 with 1785 viewsrunaround

I thought the club would have put out a conciliatory statement by now regarding ticket gate?
The silence is deafening and is another error by the club. By the rules the club themselves came up with about away tickets, those on 25-29 points will have attended a large number of away games in the past 18 months or so spending lots of time and money yet 400 of them missed out on a ticket for Saturday for staff members and their plus ones who might not support the club or even enjoy football. Poor form from the club and the lack so far of any response from the club is just as poor.
Todays ticketing on 13:17 - Apr 8 with 1690 viewsZx1988

Todays ticketing on 12:59 - Apr 8 by runaround

I thought the club would have put out a conciliatory statement by now regarding ticket gate?
The silence is deafening and is another error by the club. By the rules the club themselves came up with about away tickets, those on 25-29 points will have attended a large number of away games in the past 18 months or so spending lots of time and money yet 400 of them missed out on a ticket for Saturday for staff members and their plus ones who might not support the club or even enjoy football. Poor form from the club and the lack so far of any response from the club is just as poor.

Doesn't take long to put together a basic apology.

I really hope they're not just hoping it'll all blow over...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Todays ticketing on 14:10 - Apr 8 with 1525 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Todays ticketing on 12:59 - Apr 8 by runaround

Still no proof that the 400 quoted figure is true. If the club do come out and say anything, I’d say it’s highly unlikely they’ll confirm how many freebies were actually distributed, so this might just be a rumoured figure that lives on…..
Todays ticketing on 14:14 - Apr 8 with 1502 viewsNeedhamChris

Todays ticketing on 14:10 - Apr 8 by Matt_Netherlands

Still no proof that the 400 quoted figure is true. If the club do come out and say anything, I’d say it’s highly unlikely they’ll confirm how many freebies were actually distributed, so this might just be a rumoured figure that lives on…..

There isn't, but as with everything you have to take an informed view.

Usually these things are tosh and easily debunked - there's enough separate ITK's here with a view that is then supported by the experience of those that went to suggest it's likely true in this case. That's also including the Norfolk police 1600 figure that happens to be c.400 shy of the allocation we were given. In the heat of the moment I asked Norfolk police (via FOI) where that 1600 figure came from and how it was presented - I don't care as much about it today but in a few weeks when I've forgotten about it their reply might be interesting - or it might not be. Who knows.

If it's nowhere near 400 - the club will say it was much lower. If they don't - then I think it's fairly safe to assume it's about right.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Todays ticketing on 15:42 - Apr 8 with 1295 viewsDanny_G

Todays ticketing on 14:14 - Apr 8 by NeedhamChris

There isn't, but as with everything you have to take an informed view.

Usually these things are tosh and easily debunked - there's enough separate ITK's here with a view that is then supported by the experience of those that went to suggest it's likely true in this case. That's also including the Norfolk police 1600 figure that happens to be c.400 shy of the allocation we were given. In the heat of the moment I asked Norfolk police (via FOI) where that 1600 figure came from and how it was presented - I don't care as much about it today but in a few weeks when I've forgotten about it their reply might be interesting - or it might not be. Who knows.

If it's nowhere near 400 - the club will say it was much lower. If they don't - then I think it's fairly safe to assume it's about right.

Also, there was a large area of tickets in block H, over to the middle of the stand and more at the back, which were greyed out on the ticketing site. I'm as sure as I can be that they never went on sale at all. I didn't count or even estimate how many there were, but around 400 wouldn't surprise me.
[Post edited 8 Apr 15:44]
Todays ticketing on 11:26 - Apr 9 with 825 viewstivo

Todays ticketing on 14:24 - Apr 7 by blueislander

You have ridiculed the suggestion that it was Ashton that instigated this, so, I presume that you can also give the lie to the rather odd suggestion that it is a contractual obligation for the club to give or sell tickets to staff?

It was 168. I didn't ridicule it, I know the answer - so was correcting people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024