Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetically Speaking… 11:16 - Mar 4 with 4561 viewsSitfcB

Inspired by SomethingBlue’s comment about us going up automatically and Norwich coming up through the play-offs…

What say you?

Would you want them to win the play-offs and join us in the Prem - the East Anglian Derby in the Premier League - potentially a once in a life time event (well twice for sure)

I couldn’t actively support them to win it obviously, but if it were to happen it wouldn’t be the end of the world. It would just be a bit of a sweetener where as usually it’s a disaster they’ve gone up.

Likewise if they were to lose the final it would be funny, and not the end of the world, always want them to do the worst they possibly can.

[Post edited 4 Mar 11:40]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Another season with derbies would be nice on 11:18 - Mar 4 with 3081 viewsDyland

And I want to get promoted, but...

I'd much rather we got promoted and they facked it up in the playoffs, through some ridiculous misfortune. No more parachutes, total meltdown among their newer more delusional fanbase, and normal service resumed in East Anglia.
[Post edited 4 Mar 11:20]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:19 - Mar 4 with 3070 viewsSteve_M

It would be good to know someone would definitely finish below us but I would prefer them to miss out, run out of parachute payments and have some really crap years.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:21 - Mar 4 with 3043 viewsbaxterbasics

I don't mind if they do, don't mind if they don't. It's all about us getting up there everything else - meh.

I do enjoy the potential scenario that with us playing Hull for the penultimate game, they might be reluctantly cheering an Ipswich win that will both keep us in the autos and allow them a shot at 6th place. Even better for us if we are already up and that's a 'nothing game' (very optimistic I know) - might be an opportunity to sub in our number 17 at some point.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:23 - Mar 4 with 3021 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Couldn't bear it if we both went up and then we came back down and they managed to survive. The fans would be unbearable.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:23 - Mar 4 with 3015 viewsKieran_Knows

I honestly couldn't give 2 hoots what they do.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:24 - Mar 4 with 3011 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree with you. Would I be supporting them? No chance, but I wouldn't be too bothered if they won them.

With that said, who would we rather was in the Prem with us? Norwich, Southampton or Leeds? Got to be Norwich hasn't it? So if it's Leeds/Norwich final...er...hmm. Still can't quite bring myself to say them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:24 - Mar 4 with 3008 viewsKeno

feck no!!

I want them to get relegated

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:24 - Mar 4 with 3007 viewsBiGDonnie

Nope. Never. Fook em. I want them as low as possible.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I wish I could say the same on 11:25 - Mar 4 with 2986 viewsDyland

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:23 - Mar 4 by Kieran_Knows

I honestly couldn't give 2 hoots what they do.

but last fifteen years still smarts, especially the relegation season and obviously THAT Thursday night game before Easter.

I find myself looking at their next opponents before checking who Leeds e.g. have got. Sad, sure, perhaps :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:33 - Mar 4 with 2889 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not bothered at all.

I genuinely have no concern for what Norwich do aside from when we play them.

That being said though, I am terrified of playing them in the playoffs, so maybe I am lying.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:33 - Mar 4 with 2881 viewsthebooks

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:24 - Mar 4 by Keno

feck no!!

I want them to get relegated

Correct answer.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:38 - Mar 4 with 2834 viewsBent_double

We've had almost 20 years of mediocraty, disappointment, heartache and pain.

During that time they have been promoted to the PL, what 3 times? - they've thrashed us a couple of times, remain upbeaten against us in that time and have generally lorded it over us.

Why on earth would any Ipswich fan want to see them get promoted alongside us? Just to have the derby in the PL? In the hope that they then (as usual) get relegated whilst we survive?

No, they need to finish 7th and sell off their better players just to pay-off debts, flirt with relegation for a few seasons before finally going down to L1, all while we perform brilliantly under KM and go from strength to strength.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:43 - Mar 4 with 2782 viewsthebooks

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:38 - Mar 4 by Bent_double

We've had almost 20 years of mediocraty, disappointment, heartache and pain.

During that time they have been promoted to the PL, what 3 times? - they've thrashed us a couple of times, remain upbeaten against us in that time and have generally lorded it over us.

Why on earth would any Ipswich fan want to see them get promoted alongside us? Just to have the derby in the PL? In the hope that they then (as usual) get relegated whilst we survive?

No, they need to finish 7th and sell off their better players just to pay-off debts, flirt with relegation for a few seasons before finally going down to L1, all while we perform brilliantly under KM and go from strength to strength.

Another correct answer.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:43 - Mar 4 with 2782 viewsDubtractor

My biggest nightmare scenario for this season is them going up through the playoffs, and us missing out. I'd be beyond gutted with that.

So I just want them to finish about 9th and remove that as a possibility please.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:52 - Mar 4 with 2719 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:43 - Mar 4 by Dubtractor

My biggest nightmare scenario for this season is them going up through the playoffs, and us missing out. I'd be beyond gutted with that.

So I just want them to finish about 9th and remove that as a possibility please.

Its all on Josh Sargent.

If he stays fit, I think they might get 6th place. If he gets injured they have no hope.

The guy is a machine.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:57 - Mar 4 with 2695 viewsGeoffSentence

The relegation clock
Jamie Cureton's green hair
The gravity prone lard-arse
The gravity prone lard-arse getting Damien Delaney sent off
Living it large on one good goal against Bayern like it was some sort of success
Celebrating the 30 year anniversary of getting to the third round of the UEFA cup like it was some sort of success
Winning their only semi-respectable trophy courtesy of the ball bouncing off Gordon Chisholm's left tit
The "Norwich City FC in European Football" wikipedia page
Counting the Texaco Cup and Anglo-Scottish cup as european football
Robert Green inexplicably being called up for England
Robert Green being sh1t for England
Delia and Wynn-Jones trying to bully their way through a crowd of Town fans
Delia and Wynn-jones making a big thing about the the objections to them bullying their way through town fans
Celebrating a draw like a win.

Just in case anyone had forgotten.

Feck 'em. I'd like to see them languish for a bit to learn some humility
[Post edited 4 Mar 11:58]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I wish I could say the same on 12:05 - Mar 4 with 2635 viewsKieran_Knows

I wish I could say the same on 11:25 - Mar 4 by Dyland

but last fifteen years still smarts, especially the relegation season and obviously THAT Thursday night game before Easter.

I find myself looking at their next opponents before checking who Leeds e.g. have got. Sad, sure, perhaps :)

What's that got to do with the price of cheese though? What's gone on has gone on, and as Paul Lambert once said 'the tables always turn' (about the only good thing he said whilst here).

I can honestly say in all my life supporting this club I have never looked out for Norwich's fixtures/scores, other than when we play them.

And anyway, McKenna has got me fully reeled in at the minute. I don't care about Leicester, I don't care about Leeds and I don't care about Southampton. I don't care who they're playing, and neither do I know where they stand in the League at the minute.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hypothetically Speaking… on 12:16 - Mar 4 with 2577 viewsazuremerlangus

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:43 - Mar 4 by Dubtractor

Same here.

Not sure they will make the POs anyway

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 12:23 - Mar 4 with 2512 viewswkj

I honestly wouldn't care about it to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I like a derby match but there is something oddly satisfying about the prospect of not having to breath the same oxygen as them.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hypothetically Speaking… on 12:23 - Mar 4 with 2515 viewsBlueandTruesince82

No. Not only do I want them not to make the playoffs but also I want them to slide down the league through a series of poor decisions and player trading until their Derby fixtures are against kings Lynn as super KMac leads us to the champions league

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Hypothetically Speaking… on 12:24 - Mar 4 with 2500 viewsITFC_Forever

Absolutely not.

They can stay down and run out of parachute money, then spend the next couple of decades in oblivion.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hypothetically Speaking… on 12:26 - Mar 4 with 2486 viewstextbackup

I want them to go bust

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hypothetically Speaking… on 12:43 - Mar 4 with 2384 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I would like them to finish seventh, one point behind Preston so that the three points Preston had, which should have been ours, will not have been lost in vain.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 12:53 - Mar 4 with 2303 viewsibbleobble

I’d rather they disappear into oblivion, personally. Just an annoyance personified by Chris Sutton.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 12:55 - Mar 4 with 2294 viewstonybied

Hypothetically Speaking… on 12:43 - Mar 4 by Tangledupin_Blue

I would like them to finish seventh, one point behind Preston so that the three points Preston had, which should have been ours, will not have been lost in vain.

Ha ha, that would be excellent! A perfect way to wash away the unfair feeling attached to that defeat!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024