Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetically Speaking… 11:16 - Mar 4 with 4902 viewsSitfcB

Inspired by SomethingBlue’s comment about us going up automatically and Norwich coming up through the play-offs…

What say you?

Would you want them to win the play-offs and join us in the Prem - the East Anglian Derby in the Premier League - potentially a once in a life time event (well twice for sure)

I couldn’t actively support them to win it obviously, but if it were to happen it wouldn’t be the end of the world. It would just be a bit of a sweetener where as usually it’s a disaster they’ve gone up.

Likewise if they were to lose the final it would be funny, and not the end of the world, always want them to do the worst they possibly can.

[Post edited 4 Mar 11:40]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hypothetically Speaking… on 13:00 - Mar 4 with 1596 viewsbluelagos

There's a few posters on this thread that need to have a good hard look at themselves.

"Not bothered either way" type thoughts have no place in the mind of any right minded Towen fan.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 13:46 - Mar 4 with 1554 viewsGuthrum

I want them in the same division as us. What is the point of a football rivalry if we never play each other nor can directly compare League positions?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hypothetically Speaking… on 14:42 - Mar 4 with 1517 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Nah, them getting to celebrate promotion would take some of the shine off ours.

I'd rather beat them in the away game, thus ending that particular record, and have the 3 points gained to help us up, whilst the 3 points lost for them keeps them out of the play offs.

That'd do me just fine.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hypothetically Speaking… on 14:58 - Mar 4 with 1509 viewsEuropablue

Hypothetically Speaking… on 14:42 - Mar 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Nah, them getting to celebrate promotion would take some of the shine off ours.

I'd rather beat them in the away game, thus ending that particular record, and have the 3 points gained to help us up, whilst the 3 points lost for them keeps them out of the play offs.

That'd do me just fine.

Norwich getting promoted would take no shine off the fact that we will no doubt finish 20 or more points above them.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 16:08 - Mar 4 with 1475 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hypothetically Speaking… on 14:58 - Mar 4 by Europablue

Norwich getting promoted would take no shine off the fact that we will no doubt finish 20 or more points above them.

Yeah, for me, seeing their ugly inbred faces celebrating in the press/local TV alongside us, would slightly take the edge off. You know the local press would be banging on about it being great for the region that both teams are promoted and acting like the promotions are of equal value (which they would be, financially).

For me it would be funnier to wave as we pass them by.

Hypothetically Speaking… on 16:13 - Mar 4 with 1473 viewsNeedhamChris

I'm not really bothered about it from a promotion perspective, but I'd much rather they didn't hit the financial jackpot which feels like the only way they'll avoid a downward spiral from here

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:02 - Mar 4 with 1443 viewsMK1

I'm still holding out the slim hope of them being relegated this season.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:31 - Mar 4 with 1397 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:02 - Mar 4 by MK1

I'm still holding out the slim hope of them being relegated this season.

I would laugh my tiny tits off if that happened.

Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:35 - Mar 4 with 1393 viewsMK1

Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:31 - Mar 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

I would laugh my tiny tits off if that happened.

Painful whether big or small.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:47 - Mar 4 with 1372 viewsBlueBoots

I wish Norwich what we had to go through during the Evans era, only for twice as long...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Hypothetically Speaking… on 19:01 - Mar 4 with 1347 viewsMJallday

As long as we go up IDGAF what those carrot munching inbreds are up to

Edit - Although obviously I’d want their club to go into administration , relegated to Sunday league and generally ruined beyond recognition
[Post edited 4 Mar 19:07]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I wish I could say the same on 19:13 - Mar 4 with 1334 viewsGeoffSentence

I wish I could say the same on 12:05 - Mar 4 by Kieran_Knows

What's that got to do with the price of cheese though? What's gone on has gone on, and as Paul Lambert once said 'the tables always turn' (about the only good thing he said whilst here).

I can honestly say in all my life supporting this club I have never looked out for Norwich's fixtures/scores, other than when we play them.

And anyway, McKenna has got me fully reeled in at the minute. I don't care about Leicester, I don't care about Leeds and I don't care about Southampton. I don't care who they're playing, and neither do I know where they stand in the League at the minute.

Really?

I mean, really?

You do know know where we are in the league though? You must have someinkling who is just ahead and just behind us.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hypothetically Speaking… on 19:18 - Mar 4 with 1327 views_clive_baker_

Nah feck them. Ideal scenario is we win the league and Norwich finish 7th or 8th and all start turning on the manager again (if they aren’t already, I lose track of how their fickle fans are feeling. Seems to change by the week).
I wish I could say the same on 21:28 - Mar 4 with 1267 viewsMK1

I wish I could say the same on 12:05 - Mar 4 by Kieran_Knows

What's that got to do with the price of cheese though? What's gone on has gone on, and as Paul Lambert once said 'the tables always turn' (about the only good thing he said whilst here).

I can honestly say in all my life supporting this club I have never looked out for Norwich's fixtures/scores, other than when we play them.

And anyway, McKenna has got me fully reeled in at the minute. I don't care about Leicester, I don't care about Leeds and I don't care about Southampton. I don't care who they're playing, and neither do I know where they stand in the League at the minute.

B0ll0cks. You know exactly where Leicester, Leeds and Southampton are in the league. You have also looked at all the remaining fixtures for all 4 of us. We all have.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 04:57 - Mar 5 with 1246 viewsIPS_wich

No - f***'em.

They've finished above us for 12 of the last 13 seasons (only exception was 17/18) and 15 out of 21 seasons since we were last in the Premier League.

If we both go up, then it's a chance they finish above us next year.

I'd happily not break our non-winning streak against them for another 10 years if that means we spend the next 10 years in a league above them.

It's an embarrassment that in their last stint in the Premier League they overtook us for the total number of top-flight games (they have now played 8 games more than us in the top division) - it's their time to be the second team in Anglia again.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 05:04 - Mar 5 with 1239 viewsMK1

Hypothetically Speaking… on 04:57 - Mar 5 by IPS_wich

No - f***'em.

They've finished above us for 12 of the last 13 seasons (only exception was 17/18) and 15 out of 21 seasons since we were last in the Premier League.

If we both go up, then it's a chance they finish above us next year.

I'd happily not break our non-winning streak against them for another 10 years if that means we spend the next 10 years in a league above them.

It's an embarrassment that in their last stint in the Premier League they overtook us for the total number of top-flight games (they have now played 8 games more than us in the top division) - it's their time to be the second team in Anglia again.

No matter what league either club is in, they will always be the second team in Anglia.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 09:53 - Mar 5 with 1160 viewsglasso

No way.

They're a club that seem to regenerate quite regularly and pull it out of nowhere. Them staying down for another season and losing parachute payments would be lovely. Them coming up? You never know what'd happen. It's all well and good us saying how much better than them we are this year, but given a cash injection (and potentially with a new owner?) there's always a chance they come back to life again.

Relegated to league one, please. We can always play them in the FA cup.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 10:30 - Mar 5 with 1131 viewsEdmundo

Hypothetically Speaking… on 11:52 - Mar 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

Its all on Josh Sargent.

If he stays fit, I think they might get 6th place. If he gets injured they have no hope.

The guy is a machine.

We could buy him off them if we go up and they don't.
That would be sweet justice for 15 years of tinpottery by the Budgies.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Hypothetically Speaking… on 10:39 - Mar 5 with 1120 viewsMrPorterloo

I would like to join those in support of seeing them wiped from the face of the earth. If they were to get relegated to the national league it would not be enough. I want them to go into administration, financial ruin, and ultimately dissolve out of existence leaving us as the permanent champions of east anglia. I drink in their pain like a fine wine; I actually maybe prefer them losing to us winning.

Anyone who would like to see them up in the prem too needs to seriously think about the consequences of what they are asking for. I wish misery upon all people in Norfolk.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 14:03 - Mar 5 with 1064 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Can you imagine look Norwich I'd we both went up.

"Glourous scenes in Norwich today as City celebrated their promotion back to the PL with an open top bus parade through the city centre, fans lined the strees to clap and cheer their hero's as the good times come back to Carrow Road. In other news Ipswich also got promoted or something, maybe. We're not sure."

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:21 - Mar 5 with 1007 viewsMK1

Hypothetically Speaking… on 10:39 - Mar 5 by MrPorterloo

I would like to join those in support of seeing them wiped from the face of the earth. If they were to get relegated to the national league it would not be enough. I want them to go into administration, financial ruin, and ultimately dissolve out of existence leaving us as the permanent champions of east anglia. I drink in their pain like a fine wine; I actually maybe prefer them losing to us winning.

Anyone who would like to see them up in the prem too needs to seriously think about the consequences of what they are asking for. I wish misery upon all people in Norfolk.

"I wish misery upon all people in Norfolk."
That is very harsh and over the top.
For me, their football club suffering in the lower leagues is better than them going out of existence.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:31 - Mar 5 with 995 viewsbazza

Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:21 - Mar 5 by MK1

"I wish misery upon all people in Norfolk."
That is very harsh and over the top.
For me, their football club suffering in the lower leagues is better than them going out of existence.

Or just on Norwich supporters.. Norfolk folk are very nice, and it actually is a fine city. And lovely county.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:40 - Mar 5 with 985 viewsMK1

Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:31 - Mar 5 by bazza

Or just on Norwich supporters.. Norfolk folk are very nice, and it actually is a fine city. And lovely county.

Also, there are some Ipswich fans in them there low lands.
Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:51 - Mar 5 with 972 viewsbazza

Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:40 - Mar 5 by MK1

Also, there are some Ipswich fans in them there low lands.

Exactly !! Got their heads screwed on them folk..
Hypothetically Speaking… on 18:52 - Mar 5 with 970 viewslowhouseblue

miss out. lose money. appoint roy keane. spiral to relegation. and town qualify for europe. that's a far better hypothetical.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024