Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Veganuary 2020 12:16 - Jan 4 with 19463 viewsJ2BLUE

Lets try and keep this civil people. The meat eaters versus vegans thing has been done to death. Most of the board have nothing new to add. If you feel compelled to reply telling us how you're knee deep in chicken wings that is entirely your choice.

Anyone doing it? Just tried the new Costa vegan 'cheese' and 'ham' toastie. I hope they keep it. It's good enough to for me to choose regularly.

Any decent product suggestions? Recipe ideas? etc
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 13:41]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Aye on 15:13 - Jan 4 with 1255 viewsBlueBadger

Aye on 14:46 - Jan 4 by Dyland

Though a week or two off the pop is probably a good idea for some peeps, for your mental state as much as anything. As far as food goes, I don't really get why people can't stick to a sensible diet all year round except for the obvious cluster of celebration dates that happen around Xmas.

Look, that would involve actually making REAL lifestyle choices rather than spending a month in social media bragging about it then seeing in February with with 18 pints, a bag of haribo and a bloody great big bacon sandwich.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Veganuary 2019 on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 1247 viewsgerryitfc

These are soooooo good. Taste even better cold. 20 mins in the oven and no mess. Sainsbury's caramelised onion shroomdogs.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 15:31]
Veganuary 2019 on 15:32 - Jan 4 with 1234 viewsRyorry

Veganuary 2019 on 15:29 - Jan 4 by gerryitfc

These are soooooo good. Taste even better cold. 20 mins in the oven and no mess. Sainsbury's caramelised onion shroomdogs.

The image is so minute I can't make head or tail of it & it won't expand. What is it?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Veganuary 2019 on 15:35 - Jan 4 with 1231 viewsgerryitfc

Veganuary 2019 on 15:32 - Jan 4 by Ryorry

The image is so minute I can't make head or tail of it & it won't expand. What is it?

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/top-rated-44/sainsburys-love-your
Aye on 15:49 - Jan 4 with 1221 viewsJ2BLUE

Aye on 15:13 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

Look, that would involve actually making REAL lifestyle choices rather than spending a month in social media bragging about it then seeing in February with with 18 pints, a bag of haribo and a bloody great big bacon sandwich.

You really are such an idiot. Self proclaimed 'edgy' bullsh1t stuck on repeat.

Truly impaired.

Veganuary 2019 on 15:52 - Jan 4 with 1209 viewsRyorry

Veganuary 2019 on 15:35 - Jan 4 by gerryitfc

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/top-rated-44/sainsburys-love-your

Ta.

Aye on 15:53 - Jan 4 with 1205 viewsfooters

Aye on 15:49 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

Having withdrawal symptoms, buh?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Aye on 15:56 - Jan 4 with 1197 viewsJ2BLUE

Aye on 15:53 - Jan 4 by footers

Having withdrawal symptoms, buh?

Nah he's just so repetitive and dull. It isn't lost on me though that I asked for people to be civil and then wasn't. Guess I had better apologise.

*grits teeth* apologies.

Thanks for the milk suggestion Ryorry. I love Oatly's oat milk. Only had the barista version so far but it's the best i've tried. If chrisswailes recommends hemp milk you should ignore him! It's vile.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Aye on 16:30 - Jan 4 with 1175 viewsBlueBadger

Aye on 15:49 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

'Eat and drink sensibly all year round' is 'edgy' now. Blimey, now I REALLY don't understand you kids.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Veganuary 2019 on 16:34 - Jan 4 with 1167 viewsHerbivore

I had one of their other varieties of shroomdog and was not at all keen. Their smoky jackfruit burgers on the other hand were right nice.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Aye on 18:05 - Jan 4 with 1143 viewsRyorry

Aye on 15:56 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

Nah he's just so repetitive and dull. It isn't lost on me though that I asked for people to be civil and then wasn't. Guess I had better apologise.

*grits teeth* apologies.

Thanks for the milk suggestion Ryorry. I love Oatly's oat milk. Only had the barista version so far but it's the best i've tried. If chrisswailes recommends hemp milk you should ignore him! It's vile.

Yeah, hemp milk is so vile it doesn't matter who makes it, it's always the same degree of horrible!

I don't mind oat milk, but prefer to get away from grain drinks where I can, as I eat so much bread, wheat & oat biscuits on a regular basis.

I do think Badger has a point actually - it's always better to stick with a good diet that you also enjoy year-round, rather than go with brief fads (not saying that veganism is a fad for those who want to commit to it, but some people will try anything for a short period in the hope that it'll bring about some sort of health & weight-shedding "miracle").

Aye on 18:06 - Jan 4 with 1140 viewsJ2BLUE

Aye on 16:30 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

'Eat and drink sensibly all year round' is 'edgy' now. Blimey, now I REALLY don't understand you kids.

That's it. Just choose the part of your post that doesn't make you look a bell.

Truly impaired.

Aye on 18:08 - Jan 4 with 1134 viewsJ2BLUE

Aye on 18:05 - Jan 4 by Ryorry

Yeah, hemp milk is so vile it doesn't matter who makes it, it's always the same degree of horrible!

I don't mind oat milk, but prefer to get away from grain drinks where I can, as I eat so much bread, wheat & oat biscuits on a regular basis.

I do think Badger has a point actually - it's always better to stick with a good diet that you also enjoy year-round, rather than go with brief fads (not saying that veganism is a fad for those who want to commit to it, but some people will try anything for a short period in the hope that it'll bring about some sort of health & weight-shedding "miracle").

Of course he has a point. Veganism is becoming more popular by the year though, not just in January. Many people try and eat well all year round. That's partly what the previous threads have been based on. Quality healthier meat, dairy alternatives etc etc.

Truly impaired.

Aye on 18:14 - Jan 4 with 1120 viewsWD19

Aye on 18:08 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

Of course he has a point. Veganism is becoming more popular by the year though, not just in January. Many people try and eat well all year round. That's partly what the previous threads have been based on. Quality healthier meat, dairy alternatives etc etc.

There is a correlation between the number of vegans in the UK and Towns performance.

You know what you need to do.....
Aye on 18:15 - Jan 4 with 1115 viewsJ2BLUE

Aye on 18:14 - Jan 4 by WD19

There is a correlation between the number of vegans in the UK and Towns performance.

You know what you need to do.....

I'm not vegan. Just enjoy the novelty value of eating a bit differently for a month.

Truly impaired.

Farmers on 18:52 - Jan 4 with 1088 viewsthegloryyears

Aye on 18:15 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

I'm not vegan. Just enjoy the novelty value of eating a bit differently for a month.

I’m not a Vegan either - eat more Beef and drink more Milk
And support your local Farmer!
What is it with all these flouncy vegan recipes?
Veganuary 2019 on 18:54 - Jan 4 with 1086 viewschicoazul

Here is my two pennorth; almost all vegan fast food/take away food is spoiled by being too spicy. Restaurant food is in general ok in Pizza Express and so forth.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Farmers on 19:21 - Jan 4 with 1070 viewseireblue

Farmers on 18:52 - Jan 4 by thegloryyears

I’m not a Vegan either - eat more Beef and drink more Milk
And support your local Farmer!
What is it with all these flouncy vegan recipes?

Nothing wrong with supporting local farmers.

https://www.anglianorganics.co.uk/where-to-buy
Veganuary 2019 on 02:56 - Jan 5 with 1026 viewsclive_baker

Why has nobody pointed out it’s 2020? Come on J2, sort it out.

Veganism is tough, I’ve tried it before and really struggled to be truly vegan. Adopting a plant based diet isn’t the hard bit, it’s the not wearing leather shoes / belts and no dairy i find very hard especially with a tea or coffee. And the odd little things, like honey which technically isn’t vegan. I find it far too limiting and quite frankly a little OTT for me.

Veggie I can do. I had a year without meat a few years back, and since then although I’ve reintroduced it I eat much less meat than I did before, and definitely favour no legs or 2 legs over 4.

I’ve got some great recipes, I’ll DM them tomorrow

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Veganuary 2019 on 08:31 - Jan 5 with 999 viewsitfcjoe

I had the KFC Vegan burger yesterday as was intrigued, was decent enough and wouldn’t worry about having one again.

I’d find vegan way too difficult with regards to dairy and eggs and not willing to be committed to it, it seems such an extreme and challenging way to go for a month but fair play anyone that can.

Will try and do more veggie days this year, but any more than that is beyond my capabilities and effort levels when eating as part of a family

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Veganuary 2019 on 11:09 - Jan 5 with 964 viewsjaseitfc2015

Veganuary 2019 on 16:34 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

I had one of their other varieties of shroomdog and was not at all keen. Their smoky jackfruit burgers on the other hand were right nice.

The jackfruit burrito from tortilla is their best product but that says more about how rubbish tortilla is I suppose but the jackfruit burrito is enjoyable
Veganuary 2019 on 11:15 - Jan 5 with 953 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Veganuary 2019 on 12:19 - Jan 4 by footers

Saw the queues for the new Greggs vegan slice... round the block!

As for recipes, I usually make Indian food for my vegan/veggies pals as it's relatively simple to do and doesn't require fake meat of any kind. Veg curries, daals, etc. Also a good excuse to load up your cupboards with spices.

Dunno if there's a Leon in Ipswich but the vegan lad at work goes there fairly often and their vegan options look pretty good.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 12:19]

I’d imagine Thai curries to be pretty good for this sort of thing too given they’re typically done with coconut milk?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Veganuary 2019 on 13:20 - Jan 5 with 933 viewsHerbivore

Veganuary 2019 on 11:15 - Jan 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’d imagine Thai curries to be pretty good for this sort of thing too given they’re typically done with coconut milk?

Most non-Western food is often light on dairy and meat to be fair, or can easily be made to be so.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Veganuary 2019 on 13:37 - Jan 5 with 928 viewsmonytowbray

So far I’ve had...

Greggs Steak Bake - Not great warm, but nice when cold.
Waitrose Meat Feast - OMG STRINGY CHEESE SO GOOD.

Probably gonna go have the new meatball Subway and Costa toastie this week.

There’s really no excuse to say being vegan is too hard or expensive in 2020.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Veganuary 2019 on 13:38 - Jan 5 with 925 viewsmonytowbray

The chorizo ones are also lush. Best vegan sausage on the market right now.

Hank’s vegan pub opens in Ipswich very soon :)

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024