Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) 08:37 - Jan 30 with 26685 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.instagram.com/p/B76d5hQgPnu/

Friend found this sticker on a lamp post in town yesterday and rightly ripped it down. Apparently some others saying “It’s okay to be white” have been spotted too.

I’m sure this has nothing to do with the fact Brexit is coming up and we’ve just voted in a PM who has a history of unapologetic racist and homophobic comments :S

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:41 - Jan 30 with 8549 viewsBlueBadger

I must say, I don't understand very much of this 'millions of genders' stuff that the kids bang on about, but I don't think that's reason enough to be a prick about it, let alone put up stickers about it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:43 - Jan 30 with 8541 viewsDanTheMan

Their Telegram channel is rather telling.

Yeah, f*ck these guys.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 13:38]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:44 - Jan 30 with 8526 viewsBlueBadger

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:43 - Jan 30 by DanTheMan

Yeah, f*ck these guys.

Punch more nazis.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:45 - Jan 30 with 8527 viewsfactual_blue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:43 - Jan 30 by DanTheMan

Yeah, f*ck these guys.

Good to see some diversity in you're spelling.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:46 - Jan 30 with 8521 viewsReuser_is_God

There are only 2 genders though.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:48 - Jan 30 with 8514 viewsBlueBadger

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:46 - Jan 30 by Reuser_is_God

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sex-redefined-the-idea-of-2-sexes-is-

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:49 - Jan 30 with 8508 viewslowhouseblue

genders are entirely socially constructed so i don't see why you can't have just as many as you can imagine. go for it, make some new ones up. there are however only 2 sexes.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:50 - Jan 30 with 8498 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:46 - Jan 30 by Reuser_is_God

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:51 - Jan 30 with 8500 viewsGeoffSentence

Sorry Callis, I don't see how this is fascism.

All that's happened there is that someone has expressed an opinion.

Until a few years ago it was an opinion that went without question for starters.

No hate expressed, just an opinion.

You are going to have to explain it to me.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:52 - Jan 30 with 8488 viewsDanTheMan

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:49 - Jan 30 by lowhouseblue

genders are entirely socially constructed so i don't see why you can't have just as many as you can imagine. go for it, make some new ones up. there are however only 2 sexes.

Indeed, although as the article BB posted above shows, even that has some level of nuance.

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:52 - Jan 30 with 8479 viewshomer_123

No, there are 2 sexes (Male and Female based on genitalia etc. - although as some others have pointed out - there is some research that suggests otherwise).

Gender is nowhere near as clear - there are multiple Gender choices (note the word choice).

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:53 - Jan 30 with 8461 viewsDanTheMan

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:51 - Jan 30 by GeoffSentence

Until a few years ago it was an opinion that went without question for starters.

Taken by itself, that one sticker isn't fascism, but this is definitely a far-right / alt-right group.

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:54 - Jan 30 with 8458 viewslowhouseblue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:48 - Jan 30 by BlueBadger

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sex-redefined-the-idea-of-2-sexes-is-

yes there are a small number of biologically intersex people but our definition of sex is still binary. that there are genetic differences that lead to something of a biological spectrum doesn't stop us using a binary categorisation of sex.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:55 - Jan 30 with 8450 viewsBlueBadger

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:51 - Jan 30 by GeoffSentence

1: It's been posted by facsists:
(img courtesy of Dan)

2: As I understand it, the term 'sex' relates to the set of genitals you were born with and 'gender' is a more airy-fairy thing to do with identity and societal norms and suchlike. I can't say I understand it much, if at all, but I don't see hwy that's reason to be a cock about it, like thiese pricks are.

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:58 - Jan 30 with 8405 viewsGeoffSentence

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:53 - Jan 30 by DanTheMan

Taken by itself, that one sticker isn't fascism, but this is definitely a far-right / alt-right group.

What group is it?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:00 - Jan 30 with 8390 viewsReuser_is_God

Giving someone who says there are only 2 genders the same title as Hitler is typical Callis.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:03 - Jan 30 with 8367 viewslowhouseblue

'fascist' = 'people i disagree with'

i think it's a rediscovery of it's 1960's usage. as in 'you're just being a fascist, man'.

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:04 - Jan 30 with 8356 viewsHARRY10

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:53 - Jan 30 by DanTheMan

just some saddo who imagines that people reading that particular bus timetable will express a thought that

"yes, bigotry is where it is at, that's for me now"

whereas anyone who has that kind of view will still harbour such nonsense irrespective of silly stickers

if there was anything worthy to say they woiuld be out there saying it, not using this like a dog leaves it's mark on a lamp post
The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:04 - Jan 30 with 8355 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:00 - Jan 30 by Reuser_is_God

Giving someone who says there are only 2 genders the same title as Hitler is typical Callis.

It’s an alt right group posting transphobic stickers based on something that has no effect on their life.

Gender and sex are not the same thing.

When did I mention Hitler?

TWTD never forgets…

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:05 - Jan 30 with 8345 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:03 - Jan 30 by lowhouseblue

'fascist' = 'people i disagree with'

i think it's a rediscovery of it's 1960's usage. as in 'you're just being a fascist, man'.

Do you understand what fascism is?

TWTD never forgets…

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:07 - Jan 30 with 8338 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is it fascism? It’s nasty and bigoted for sure.

This is definitely fascism in 2020.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:08 - Jan 30 with 8322 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:07 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

Is it fascism? It’s nasty and bigoted for sure.

This is definitely fascism in 2020.

This is pretty low even by your standards mate.

What makes transphobia less of an issue than anti-semitism then?

TWTD never forgets…

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:09 - Jan 30 with 8317 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

In a world where we all strive to be equal. I don't see the need for everyone to label / define every gender, race etc.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:11 - Jan 30 with 8293 viewslowhouseblue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:05 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

Do you understand what fascism is?

yes, but you clearly don't because you throw it anything you object to. it's politics reduced to childish name calling.

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:13 - Jan 30 with 8282 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:11 - Jan 30 by lowhouseblue

yes, but you clearly don't because you throw it anything you object to. it's politics reduced to childish name calling.

No I don't, I call fascism for exactly what it is.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024