Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) 08:37 - Jan 30 with 27155 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.instagram.com/p/B76d5hQgPnu/

Friend found this sticker on a lamp post in town yesterday and rightly ripped it down. Apparently some others saying “It’s okay to be white” have been spotted too.

I’m sure this has nothing to do with the fact Brexit is coming up and we’ve just voted in a PM who has a history of unapologetic racist and homophobic comments :S

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:53 - Jan 30 with 5811 viewsGuthrum

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:30 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

"exalts nation and often race above the individual"

You're welcome. Although you carry on defending an alt right group if that's the hill you REALLY want to die on here.

In that context, you're possibly better calling them Nazis - being an ideology explicitly centered upon hatred, blame and destruction of the "other" (particularly Jews, in the 20th century German version).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:55 - Jan 30 with 5812 viewsDanTheMan

It's OK everyone, turns out they hate Jews as well.

Because guess what, people like this hate everyone!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:59 - Jan 30 with 5803 viewsSwansea_Blue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 08:46 - Jan 30 by Reuser_is_God

There are only 2 genders though.

"Out you popped and everyone’s shouting: “It’s a boy, it’s a boy!” And somebody said: “But it hasn’t got a winkle!” And I said: “God be praised, it’s a miracle. A boy without a winkle!” And then Sir Thomas More pointed out that a boy without a winkle is a girl. Everyone was really disappointed."

RIP Patsy Byrne

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:59 - Jan 30 with 5799 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:46 - Jan 30 by lowhouseblue

oh dear, you also need to improve your reading. did you not see the word 'and' and all those other words that followed it? you can't just randomly pick out a few words from a sentence and ignore the rest.

EVEN taking the 8 words that you have picked out, how does having a view, even a mistaken one, about the meaning of gender "exalt nation and often race above the individual" ??

You're just using 'fascist' as an all purpose insult. it's childish.

So for something to be fascist it has to tick all the boxes for you. Okaaaay.

And then we all ask why the country is gradually heading that way.

TWTD never forgets…

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:00 - Jan 30 with 5793 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:55 - Jan 30 by DanTheMan

NOT FASCISTS THOUGH, LOWHOUSE LOVES IT.

TWTD never forgets…

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:03 - Jan 30 with 5781 viewsGeoffSentence

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:52 - Jan 30 by factual_blue

A suppository might deal with the problems in your end.

Since you are offering, I hope my secure connection remains intact.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:03 - Jan 30 with 5783 viewsGlasgowBlue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:41 - Jan 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Momentum are everywhere.....remember!

Maybe your online efforts have helped these tools to feel more mainstream!
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 9:43]

Unlike Callis, I deliberately avoided bringing party politics into this thread, no matter what my personal thoughts on the matter. Shame you couldn't have done the same.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:04 - Jan 30 with 5778 viewsHalf_Idiot

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:46 - Jan 30 by lowhouseblue

oh dear, you also need to improve your reading. did you not see the word 'and' and all those other words that followed it? you can't just randomly pick out a few words from a sentence and ignore the rest.

EVEN taking the 8 words that you have picked out, how does having a view, even a mistaken one, about the meaning of gender "exalt nation and often race above the individual" ??

You're just using 'fascist' as an all purpose insult. it's childish.

Transphobia is the oppression of those that do not conform to the "2 genders" belief. If you extend the definition of fascism beyond just race or nationality and open it to the oppression of those that do not conform to the "white British Christian male/female" that these organisations believe then it is fascism.
Login to get fewer ads

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:04 - Jan 30 with 5779 viewsfooters

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:59 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

You can't get away with calling a horse a cow, because it isn't one.

lowhouse may be a Wherry drinker but he is right. These people are bigots, racists and homophobic etc but they're not fascists.

Well, they might be but those stickers don't prove that.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:05 - Jan 30 with 5771 viewslowhouseblue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:59 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

the country is not heading that way. stop making stuff up. and use words according to their proper meaning. you just devalue political debate by using words wrongly and throwing about accusations which are simply ridiculous. it becomes name calling and hysteria. jeez.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:05 - Jan 30 with 5769 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:03 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

Unlike Callis, I deliberately avoided bringing party politics into this thread, no matter what my personal thoughts on the matter. Shame you couldn't have done the same.

To be fair I thought your OP was doing that at first, hence my comment. With wider context of post history you can see why.

I wonder who the person(s) plastering these stickers around voted for?

TWTD never forgets…

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:08 - Jan 30 with 5753 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:05 - Jan 30 by lowhouseblue

the country is not heading that way. stop making stuff up. and use words according to their proper meaning. you just devalue political debate by using words wrongly and throwing about accusations which are simply ridiculous. it becomes name calling and hysteria. jeez.

So a fascist group finding the confidence to post fascist statements publicly is all imaginary then. Again, okaaaay.

As I said before, you die on that hill if you feel comfortable but I’d rather call it out for what it is.

TWTD never forgets…

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:10 - Jan 30 with 5741 viewsGlasgowBlue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:05 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

To be fair I thought your OP was doing that at first, hence my comment. With wider context of post history you can see why.

I wonder who the person(s) plastering these stickers around voted for?

That's as silly as wondering which party these people vote for?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/26/birmingham-anderton-park-primary

Iron Lion Zion

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:10 - Jan 30 with 5741 viewslowhouseblue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:04 - Jan 30 by Half_Idiot

Transphobia is the oppression of those that do not conform to the "2 genders" belief. If you extend the definition of fascism beyond just race or nationality and open it to the oppression of those that do not conform to the "white British Christian male/female" that these organisations believe then it is fascism.

actually most of the trans movement is based on an incredibly strong commitment to the '2 genders belief'. many trans people have the most extreme commitment to traditional binary gender sterotypes - it's just that they want adopt the gender that wasn't allocated to them at birth. if they didn't hold strongly to the binary '2 genders belief' then being transgender would have no meaning at all.

but you're right. if you change the definition of fascism then it can mean whatever you want it to mean.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:11 - Jan 30 with 5734 viewsBlueBadger

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:55 - Jan 30 by DanTheMan

'No. 2 Kosher' would be an excellent name for a slightly hipsterish Jewish restaurant.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:12 - Jan 30 with 5732 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:10 - Jan 30 by lowhouseblue

actually most of the trans movement is based on an incredibly strong commitment to the '2 genders belief'. many trans people have the most extreme commitment to traditional binary gender sterotypes - it's just that they want adopt the gender that wasn't allocated to them at birth. if they didn't hold strongly to the binary '2 genders belief' then being transgender would have no meaning at all.

but you're right. if you change the definition of fascism then it can mean whatever you want it to mean.

Jesus Christ.

TWTD never forgets…

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:12 - Jan 30 with 5725 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:10 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/26/birmingham-anderton-park-primary

Dunno, I could have a good guess who they didn't vote for.

TWTD never forgets…

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:19 - Jan 30 with 5697 viewsGuthrum

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:53 - Jan 30 by Guthrum

In that context, you're possibly better calling them Nazis - being an ideology explicitly centered upon hatred, blame and destruction of the "other" (particularly Jews, in the 20th century German version).

Vis this:

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:20 - Jan 30 with 5692 viewsGaryCooper

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:21 - Jan 30 with 5686 viewsGlasgowBlue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:12 - Jan 30 by monytowbray

Dunno, I could have a good guess who they didn't vote for.

I'd hazard a guess that they probably voted for the Roger Godsiff, who the local Labour MP who backed their protest against teaching same sex relationships.

See why it's always silly to jump to conclusions. You look at everything as black and white.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 10:23]

Iron Lion Zion

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:23 - Jan 30 with 5666 viewsmonytowbray

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:21 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

I'd hazard a guess that they probably voted for the Roger Godsiff, who the local Labour MP who backed their protest against teaching same sex relationships.

See why it's always silly to jump to conclusions. You look at everything as black and white.

I don't think it's silly at all to hold what politicians condone to get votes to account.

It's not black and white, it's common decency.

TWTD never forgets…

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:24 - Jan 30 with 5662 viewsSwansea_Blue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:21 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

Sounds like a lovely bloke.

Are you declaring your preferred gender in your avatar , or advertising the services of a gas engineer?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:25 - Jan 30 with 5656 viewsDanTheMan

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:10 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

Thankfully, we know that the Hundred Hands does not like either of the main two parties

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:28 - Jan 30 with 5640 viewsjaykay

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 09:44 - Jan 30 by HARRY10

out and about as much as you are with your camera it would seem

me thinks you getting confused by banksy wit harry

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 11:19 - Jan 30 with 5586 viewsGlasgowBlue

The fascists are finding their voice again. 38175 (local edition) on 10:25 - Jan 30 by DanTheMan

Thankfully, we know that the Hundred Hands does not like either of the main two parties

Anarchists.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024