Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Veganuary 2020 12:16 - Jan 4 with 19460 viewsJ2BLUE

Lets try and keep this civil people. The meat eaters versus vegans thing has been done to death. Most of the board have nothing new to add. If you feel compelled to reply telling us how you're knee deep in chicken wings that is entirely your choice.

Anyone doing it? Just tried the new Costa vegan 'cheese' and 'ham' toastie. I hope they keep it. It's good enough to for me to choose regularly.

Any decent product suggestions? Recipe ideas? etc
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 13:41]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Aye on 13:41 - Jan 5 with 1644 viewsmonytowbray

Aye on 18:14 - Jan 4 by WD19

There is a correlation between the number of vegans in the UK and Towns performance.

You know what you need to do.....

Actually the Tories being in power causes us the most issues. Most of out best years have been under Labour. Stop voting for rich scum.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Veganuary 2019 on 13:59 - Jan 5 with 1631 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganuary 2019 on 15:29 - Jan 4 by gerryitfc

These are soooooo good. Taste even better cold. 20 mins in the oven and no mess. Sainsbury's caramelised onion shroomdogs.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 15:31]

You've reminded me I had these in the freezer:

I'll report back.

Truly impaired.

Veganuary 2019 on 14:04 - Jan 5 with 1624 viewsitfcjoe

Veganuary 2019 on 13:37 - Jan 5 by monytowbray

So far I’ve had...

Greggs Steak Bake - Not great warm, but nice when cold.
Waitrose Meat Feast - OMG STRINGY CHEESE SO GOOD.

Probably gonna go have the new meatball Subway and Costa toastie this week.

There’s really no excuse to say being vegan is too hard or expensive in 2020.

It’s still pretty hard if you want to eat as part of family most nights, can see how individually it’s much more doable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Veganuary 2019 on 14:05 - Jan 5 with 1624 viewsJ2BLUE

So far I’ve had...

I was thinking the same. The options now are brilliant. I had the toastie again today. Even better than yesterday. Also had the coconut milk flat white and doubt i'll ever go back. Delicious.

I watched Dominion the other day. All two hours of it. I'm sure it showed the worst of the worst but bloody hell. The animals being killed for meat wasn't nice to watch but i've never been in denial about where my meat comes from. The bit that will live with me forever is one of the scenes about skins/fur. Truly sickening.

Agree Joe, I can't go vegan permanently either. I will eat meat when eating with family

Truly impaired.

Veganuary 2019 on 14:09 - Jan 5 with 1615 viewsHerbivore

Veganuary 2019 on 13:59 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

You've reminded me I had these in the freezer:

I'll report back.

They don't sound very nice.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Veganuary 2019 on 14:11 - Jan 5 with 1615 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganuary 2019 on 14:09 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

They don't sound very nice.

They don't seem to even sell them anymore. God knows how long i've had them in there. Not expecting much to be honest although now they've stopped doing them i'll probably love them.

Truly impaired.

Veganuary 2020 on 14:19 - Jan 5 with 1603 viewsReuser_is_God

Chillies, curries & pastas are the easiest dishes to make vegan I’d say.

Really easy to swap meat out of them the extra veg/beans/lentils etc etc

Whilst not a vegan or veggie I do this a fair bit now.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Veganuary 2019 on 14:20 - Jan 5 with 1596 viewsReuser_is_God

Veganuary 2019 on 13:38 - Jan 5 by monytowbray

The chorizo ones are also lush. Best vegan sausage on the market right now.

Hank’s vegan pub opens in Ipswich very soon :)

Where is this pub going to be?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Veganuary 2020 on 14:27 - Jan 5 with 1576 viewsjaykay

i shouldn't do this really as you and jeera might get hooked on this recipe.

another veggie recipe

this is for the vegans

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Veganuary 2020 on 15:04 - Jan 5 with 1560 viewsElephantintheRoom

You might like to give this a read...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/jan/05/red-meat-diet-modern-vegeta

Far be it from me to question people's holier than me attitudes. But think of those Billy moo cows and lambikins being denied a life skipping in the fields - if your own health isnt a good enough reason.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Veganuary 2020 on 15:08 - Jan 5 with 1552 viewsHerbivore

Veganuary 2020 on 15:04 - Jan 5 by ElephantintheRoom

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/jan/05/red-meat-diet-modern-vegeta

Far be it from me to question people's holier than me attitudes. But think of those Billy moo cows and lambikins being denied a life skipping in the fields - if your own health isnt a good enough reason.

I'm not sure what point you think that article makes, Edge Lord.

Veganuary 2020 on 16:26 - Jan 5 with 1533 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganuary 2020 on 15:04 - Jan 5 by ElephantintheRoom

Where to start with this...

1) 'Far be it from me to question people's holier than me attitudes.' - You don't seem to have the ability to actually read. Which part of i'm not vegan, I will still eat meat and i'm mainly doing this for novelty value is holier than me?

2) 'But think of t.hose Billy moo cows and lambikins being denied a life skipping in the fields' - A bizarre argument. By the same logic, monkeys bred purely for medical experiments should be grateful for just having a life? I think most animals bred via factory farming or for experimentation would happily opt for never being born if they were able to.

3) 'if your own health isnt a good enough reason' - Meat eaters can provide a thousand studies 'proving' meat and animal products are good for you and part of a good diet. Vegans can find a thousand studies 'proving' that meat and animal products are terrible for you.

I wonder if you would be so willing to accept a random article if it focused on someone who agreed that a vegan diet was healthier?

Each to their own.

Truly impaired.

Veganuary 2020 on 16:29 - Jan 5 with 1528 viewsjeera

Veganuary 2020 on 16:26 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

Where to start with this...

1) 'Far be it from me to question people's holier than me attitudes.' - You don't seem to have the ability to actually read. Which part of i'm not vegan, I will still eat meat and i'm mainly doing this for novelty value is holier than me?

2) 'But think of t.hose Billy moo cows and lambikins being denied a life skipping in the fields' - A bizarre argument. By the same logic, monkeys bred purely for medical experiments should be grateful for just having a life? I think most animals bred via factory farming or for experimentation would happily opt for never being born if they were able to.

3) 'if your own health isnt a good enough reason' - Meat eaters can provide a thousand studies 'proving' meat and animal products are good for you and part of a good diet. Vegans can find a thousand studies 'proving' that meat and animal products are terrible for you.

I wonder if you would be so willing to accept a random article if it focused on someone who agreed that a vegan diet was healthier?

Each to their own.

I saw that as 'lambikinis' and wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

Part of me was intrigued on some bizarre level.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Veganuary 2019 on 17:05 - Jan 5 with 1508 viewsmonytowbray

Veganuary 2019 on 14:20 - Jan 5 by Reuser_is_God

Where is this pub going to be?

Grinning Rat I think.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Veganuary 2020 on 17:11 - Jan 5 with 1502 viewsPecker

My wife is a vegetarian, but is trying to go vegan full time. So far so good, but when out, it is difficult to find places that serve vegan food and drink. Pret is the best bet so far, but would like more choice for her. Never mind, her choice and hopefully the more people that go vegan the more choice there will be. I am going to try and give up the processed rubbish and stick to chicken when possible.
Veganuary 2020 on 17:21 - Jan 5 with 1489 viewshaynes_toe1

People say society hasnt really progressed.

Yet here I am on a footy forum and one of the most current topics is a load of blokes sharing vegan recipes.

God knows if that's progression or not but it's something.
Veganuary 2020 on 17:30 - Jan 5 with 1484 viewsjeera

Veganuary 2020 on 17:21 - Jan 5 by haynes_toe1

People say society hasnt really progressed.

Yet here I am on a footy forum and one of the most current topics is a load of blokes sharing vegan recipes.

God knows if that's progression or not but it's something.

And you are here with a user name identifying a body part that isn't a sexual organ.

That is soooooo not the 70/80s.

I agree. Evolution is alive and well but just a bit sluggish sometimes.

There was a time I'd have chosen rosemary or thyme as a username possibly in fear of reprisal.

Veganuary 2020 on 17:35 - Jan 5 with 1476 viewsHerbivore

Veganuary 2020 on 17:11 - Jan 5 by Pecker

My wife is a vegetarian, but is trying to go vegan full time. So far so good, but when out, it is difficult to find places that serve vegan food and drink. Pret is the best bet so far, but would like more choice for her. Never mind, her choice and hopefully the more people that go vegan the more choice there will be. I am going to try and give up the processed rubbish and stick to chicken when possible.

Really? I find it very easy to find vegan food and drink when I'm out and about. Pretty much everywhere has vegan options these days.

Veganuary 2020 on 17:36 - Jan 5 with 1475 viewsJ2BLUE

Veganuary 2020 on 17:30 - Jan 5 by jeera

And you are here with a user name identifying a body part that isn't a sexual organ.

That is soooooo not the 70/80s.

I agree. Evolution is alive and well but just a bit sluggish sometimes.

There was a time I'd have chosen rosemary or thyme as a username possibly in fear of reprisal.

We'd never have been friends if you were called thyme. I'm already upset that your name doesn't start with a capital.

Truly impaired.

Veganuary 2020 on 17:43 - Jan 5 with 1470 viewsPecker

Veganuary 2020 on 17:35 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

Really? I find it very easy to find vegan food and drink when I'm out and about. Pretty much everywhere has vegan options these days.

It is still early days, but been to 2 places in Greenwich and a few around Westminster and not a lot on offer. We are back in Ipswich now so hopefully more choice the more places we visit.
Veganuary 2020 on 17:45 - Jan 5 with 1463 viewsHerbivore

Veganuary 2020 on 17:43 - Jan 5 by Pecker

It is still early days, but been to 2 places in Greenwich and a few around Westminster and not a lot on offer. We are back in Ipswich now so hopefully more choice the more places we visit.

Where did you go out of interest? In Norwich I'm not sure there's anywhere that doesn't cater for vegans.

Veganuary 2020 on 17:47 - Jan 5 with 1460 viewsjeera

Veganuary 2020 on 17:36 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

We'd never have been friends if you were called thyme. I'm already upset that your name doesn't start with a capital.

I thought a capital would have been pretentious.

Veganuary 2019 on 17:50 - Jan 5 with 1457 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Veganuary 2019 on 14:11 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

They don't seem to even sell them anymore. God knows how long i've had them in there. Not expecting much to be honest although now they've stopped doing them i'll probably love them.

They do. I got some yesterday for the Mrs Pinewood along with some cheese, leek and brocolli ones.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Veganuary 2020 on 17:52 - Jan 5 with 1453 viewsPecker

Veganuary 2020 on 17:45 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

Where did you go out of interest? In Norwich I'm not sure there's anywhere that doesn't cater for vegans.

We just visited London for new years. One in Greenwich was called something like Zeylins?and I can't remember the other one. In Westminster one was called Solindo? and the other Hanlows? Not sure if they are totally correct names, but something along those lines. My Wife found a couple of Turkish places that were very good. We will probably try "foreign" places as they seem more along the vegan line.
Veganuary 2019 on 20:32 - Jan 5 with 1399 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So far I’ve had...

Incredible lack of awareness of others situations in your last paragraph there, on both counts

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024