Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? 15:16 - Jan 4 with 18401 viewsclive_baker

It seems to me that there's a spectrum among TWTD posters with regards to their anonymity from the real world. From those that post under their real names, to those that have username's but make no secret of their real identity. There also appears to be posters that know each other through other means, but know each other posts on here. Then, seemingly, posters who only know each other in real life through TWTD, having met at games etc. To posters that maintain a distinctly seperate TWTD profile from their real life one.

Personally, I enjoy relative anonymity on here (I think), partly through design and partly circumstance. With the exception of a couple of posters who I know in 'real life', I'm sure there are many more on here I know but we don't know that we know (if that makes sense?). It's all a matter of personal preference of course.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 15:18]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:15 - Jan 4 with 4008 viewshomer_123

I 'suspect' quite a few people on here know each other but don't know what they post under in TWTD.

I 'think' only 1 posters knows me outside of TWTD and I know them but I 'think' that is about it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:16 - Jan 4 with 3998 viewsSwailsey

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:15 - Jan 4 by homer_123

I 'suspect' quite a few people on here know each other but don't know what they post under in TWTD.

I 'think' only 1 posters knows me outside of TWTD and I know them but I 'think' that is about it.

Dad?!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:17 - Jan 4 with 3994 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:14 - Jan 4 by Bluebell

I didn't see you on Tuesday Rommy as we were late arriving at Craven Cottage (bloody tube trains!). I assume you were at the back? We were in Row J. We always seem to get near the front there.

I assume you made it there this time.

I was there by about 7 ish. Though I did get off to change at the complete wrong place on the tube at one point though.

I was down the front as it goes. Stood just under the roof. I was row G. Another couple of rows forward and I’d have got wet.

Me and PJH were looking out for you in the concourse beforehand for a little while.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:19 - Jan 4 with 3981 viewsStokieBlue

I don't think I've ever met anyone from here.

Not knowingly anyway.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:21 - Jan 4 with 3970 viewsBluebell

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:17 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I was there by about 7 ish. Though I did get off to change at the complete wrong place on the tube at one point though.

I was down the front as it goes. Stood just under the roof. I was row G. Another couple of rows forward and I’d have got wet.

Me and PJH were looking out for you in the concourse beforehand for a little while.

We got there about 7.30 and bought a hot dog before going to the seats. I saw PJH at half time.

We did move a couple of rows back after the game started because I had a bloke who must have been about 6ft 8 in standing in front of me.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:21 - Jan 4 with 3966 viewsitfcjoe

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:12 - Jan 4 by hype313

Can't miss me, I'm the one walking up and down Sir Alf Ramsey way with a microphone.

I used to work with you at Copdock Tesco then.....small world

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:26 - Jan 4 with 3952 viewsGuthrum

Rather than a cloak of anonymity, Guthrum is something of a cross-platform internet identity, using similar avatars (e.g. the Guardian).

I'm not going to post my real name and address, but I have no problem meeting other TWTDers - have got to know a lot of good people through this message board - or even them having a general idea what I look like (or used to, photos have appeared on here).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:27 - Jan 4 with 3949 viewshomer_123

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:19 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

I don't think I've ever met anyone from here.

Not knowingly anyway.

SB

This.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:27 - Jan 4 with 3949 viewsNewcyBlue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:21 - Jan 4 by Bluebell

We got there about 7.30 and bought a hot dog before going to the seats. I saw PJH at half time.

We did move a couple of rows back after the game started because I had a bloke who must have been about 6ft 8 in standing in front of me.

Did we miss your sausage review Bellers?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:34 - Jan 4 with 3929 viewsKieran_Knows

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:21 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

I used to work with you at Copdock Tesco then.....small world

Ha! I saw him there last night whilst I was picking up a few bits. Did have a little chuckle to myself!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:39 - Jan 4 with 3915 viewsblueislander

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:27 - Jan 4 by NewcyBlue

Did we miss your sausage review Bellers?

Nice euphemism there Newcy.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:43 - Jan 4 with 3910 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:22 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

I prefer relative anonymity. Particularly given that in recent times, a couple of weirdos took the ARSE with me being silly on the internet and try their hand at TAXIng my patience by PM-ing and posting on the forum various personal details.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 18:46]

Did they threaten you with a writ though?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:44 - Jan 4 with 3908 viewsGeoffSentence

I prefer absolute anonymity. If you lot knew my real identity I fear I would suffer derision and mockery in real life. I had enough of that during my time in goal.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:44 - Jan 4 with 3904 viewsSwailsey

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:44 - Jan 4 by GeoffSentence

I prefer absolute anonymity. If you lot knew my real identity I fear I would suffer derision and mockery in real life. I had enough of that during my time in goal.

I want, so much, for this to be real.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:45 - Jan 4 with 3904 viewsartsbossbeard

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, I think my cover was well and truly blown on the Oliver thing plus I set up a justgiving page for a 10k run a year or so back. As Joe says, it's not like I've done anything to upset anyone too much, so wouldn't expect a brick through the window based on my views on Kevin Steggles.

I've met a few off of here and, of course, for my sins, I'm drinking partners with Lucan & occasional poster, keepingitreal, plus I've always been matey with adopted yankee JJJJ and his bro.

Joe, Texters, Hoppy, Benters, Taxi and I believe I drunkenly met Brogansnose too. There's probably more too. Oh, I kinda know mickknows through a mate.

Night Owl Dalai was a good mate to. *raises glass*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:47 - Jan 4 with 3892 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:09 - Jan 4 by Bluebell

I am very private and nobody on here actually knows where I live although I have probably mentioned once or twice that it is 150 miles away. That in itself is a lie but near enough give or take 20 miles.

I have only even met a few. The ones I can remember off the top of my head at the moment are Sitters, Hoppy and KJ, PJH, Rommy, Benters, Ryorry, Tractorgirl and Mullet.

As PJH says, I have probably seen more TWTDers as I go to a lot of away games too, but wouldn't recognise them.

And you have been stalked at Stowmarket station....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:56 - Jan 4 with 3870 viewsuncle

I prefer to remain anonymous, not from you lot (to be honest i'd be amazed if I knew any of you), but from the outside world. I've occasionally posted my opinions on my profession, and while they probably aren't too controversial, i'd rather not get grilled by companies in my industry, or professional bodies. If anybody ever thought they knew me, I wouldn't deny it, but it's really not likely

I also enjoy guessing who the new poster actually is/was. I'm never right though.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:59 - Jan 4 with 3864 viewsSteve_M

As with several others, the crossover between here and ITFC Twitter makes it fairly easy to work out who people are and likewise for me. I clearly couldn't be creative enough back when I first used TWTD in the 90s....

I've made some good friends through here and Twitter though and there is also a wider circle of people I know who I can have a beer or watch a match with, all of which makes the social side of football much more enjoyable.

There are probably a fair few others that I will recognise from games or the train to PR but have no idea who they are on here. And then there are the people I speak to at most home games because they are in proximity to my seat - after 15 plus years I still don't know some names and it feels a bit pointless to ask now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 16:59 - Jan 4 with 3862 views_

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:04 - Jan 4 with 3841 viewsJ2BLUE

I like the anonymity for now. Even though people know a lot about me because you can't post somewhere for 18 years without revealing a few things.

I will open up a bit in the future once I change jobs etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:05 - Jan 4 with 3835 viewsBlueStreak

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:45 - Jan 4 by artsbossbeard

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, I think my cover was well and truly blown on the Oliver thing plus I set up a justgiving page for a 10k run a year or so back. As Joe says, it's not like I've done anything to upset anyone too much, so wouldn't expect a brick through the window based on my views on Kevin Steggles.

I've met a few off of here and, of course, for my sins, I'm drinking partners with Lucan & occasional poster, keepingitreal, plus I've always been matey with adopted yankee JJJJ and his bro.

Joe, Texters, Hoppy, Benters, Taxi and I believe I drunkenly met Brogansnose too. There's probably more too. Oh, I kinda know mickknows through a mate.

Missing me out on purpose because you have finally admitted that I am, and always was, a better full back than you?
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 3829 viewsBenters2

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:45 - Jan 4 by artsbossbeard

Met you in the bogs at Brentford,hello Benters im Beardy you said,click click click.... oh right!

I introduced you to Brogs in the HH.

Crumbs ive met loads from here,the latest were RIG and Mickknows.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 3825 viewsDubtractor

I should add that I've met quite a few off here, and always happy to meet more, but still prefer to keep a element of cover on the actual forum as whilst most of you are good eggs, there are clearly some utter bellends who are capable of messing with people's lives.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:08 - Jan 4 with 3821 viewsClapham_Junction

The only poster I know or have met is Dubtractor.

I go to about half our away matches and recognise a few people's faces, but don't know anyone. If anyone else is going to Bolton or Sunderland I'd be happy to say hello.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:08 - Jan 4 with 3820 viewshoppy

As would be fairly obvious from the number of people on this thread that have said they've met me, I've got nothing to hide by being anonymous. I think I'm fairly balanced and I would say I'm pretty much exactly the same on here as I am if you were to meet me - others that have can probably either confirm that or otherwise!

I'm at the point with trying to get my new design business going successfully and trying to bring more work in, that I've done a lot of networking and know it's about getting your company name known. I've made no secret of what mine is - and you can even see what I do if you click on the Chenery Creative advert at the top of the forum... so I'm always happy to meet people (especially if they want to discuss any design projects they have!), and have had the pleasure and privilege of meeting some really good fellow TWTDers over the years - and Newcy*, and long may it continue! There's a few that I haven't met that I would like to as they seem really interesting characters, and one day I may get to do so.

* touché

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024