Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? 15:16 - Jan 4 with 18392 viewsclive_baker

It seems to me that there's a spectrum among TWTD posters with regards to their anonymity from the real world. From those that post under their real names, to those that have username's but make no secret of their real identity. There also appears to be posters that know each other through other means, but know each other posts on here. Then, seemingly, posters who only know each other in real life through TWTD, having met at games etc. To posters that maintain a distinctly seperate TWTD profile from their real life one.

Personally, I enjoy relative anonymity on here (I think), partly through design and partly circumstance. With the exception of a couple of posters who I know in 'real life', I'm sure there are many more on here I know but we don't know that we know (if that makes sense?). It's all a matter of personal preference of course.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 15:18]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:09 - Jan 4 with 4665 viewsartsbossbeard

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:05 - Jan 4 by BlueStreak

Missing me out on purpose because you have finally admitted that I am, and always was, a better full back than you?

Ha! Soz! I knew I'd forget someone.

And no, never ever.

Anyhoo, in my latter years I've moved further forward and can now be found patrolling midfield to great effect.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:15 - Jan 4 with 4641 viewsJ2BLUE

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:08 - Jan 4 by hoppy

As would be fairly obvious from the number of people on this thread that have said they've met me, I've got nothing to hide by being anonymous. I think I'm fairly balanced and I would say I'm pretty much exactly the same on here as I am if you were to meet me - others that have can probably either confirm that or otherwise!

I'm at the point with trying to get my new design business going successfully and trying to bring more work in, that I've done a lot of networking and know it's about getting your company name known. I've made no secret of what mine is - and you can even see what I do if you click on the Chenery Creative advert at the top of the forum... so I'm always happy to meet people (especially if they want to discuss any design projects they have!), and have had the pleasure and privilege of meeting some really good fellow TWTDers over the years - and Newcy*, and long may it continue! There's a few that I haven't met that I would like to as they seem really interesting characters, and one day I may get to do so.

* touché

Don't worry, you'll get your invite to dinner one day.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:18 - Jan 4 with 4628 viewshoppy

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:15 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

Don't worry, you'll get your invite to dinner one day.

Sorry, you must've missed this bit... "...as they seem really interesting characters...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:20 - Jan 4 with 4615 viewsJ2BLUE

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:18 - Jan 4 by hoppy

Sorry, you must've missed this bit... "...as they seem really interesting characters...

Well played.

Truly impaired.

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:23 - Jan 4 with 4603 viewsHerbivore

I've not knowingly met anyone off here, I kind of like the anonymity.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:28 - Jan 4 with 4587 viewsPJH

As would be fairly obvious from the number of people on this thread that have said they've met me, I've got nothing to hide by being anonymous. I think I'm fairly balanced and I would say I'm pretty much exactly the same on here as I am if you were to meet me - others that have can probably either confirm that or otherwise!

I'm at the point with trying to get my new design business going successfully and trying to bring more work in, that I've done a lot of networking and know it's about getting your company name known. I've made no secret of what mine is - and you can even see what I do if you click on the Chenery Creative advert at the top of the forum... so I'm always happy to meet people (especially if they want to discuss any design projects they have!), and have had the pleasure and privilege of meeting some really good fellow TWTDers over the years - and Newcy*, and long may it continue! There's a few that I haven't met that I would like to as they seem really interesting characters, and one day I may get to do so.

* touché

I would also say that you are pretty much exactly the same on here as you are on meeting.
You are one of the good guys on here.

Good luck for 2018 with your business-I know that I have said that already.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:29 - Jan 4 with 4584 viewsBenters2

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:23 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

I've not knowingly met anyone off here, I kind of like the anonymity.

Yeah you are boring
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:47 - Jan 4 with 4561 viewsMJallday

* touché

“Fairly well balanced”

It’s true, after the amount of beer we consumed you did well to be balancing at all :-)

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:52 - Jan 4 with 4545 viewsElderGrizzly

I’m anonymous on here and Twitter because I have to be due to my job.

I’ve met a few of you on here in that thing called the real world, but even then I haven’t used my real name :)

If I ever change my career, I will be more open i’m sure!
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:53 - Jan 4 with 4536 viewsNewcyBlue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:52 - Jan 4 by ElderGrizzly

I’ve met a few of you on here in that thing called the real world, but even then I haven’t used my real name :)

You're not a real bear?!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:56 - Jan 4 with 4529 viewsJ2BLUE

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:52 - Jan 4 by ElderGrizzly

Calm down Boris.

Truly impaired.

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:00 - Jan 4 with 4518 viewsElderGrizzly

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:53 - Jan 4 by NewcyBlue

You're not a real bear?!

Grrrrr
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:02 - Jan 4 with 4515 viewsTheBlueBarca

I usually sit in the lower north these days but when I was a ST holder I was in what was the Britannia stand for a number of years before that got too expensive and the football got to the point it wasn't worth the money to be frank.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:06 - Jan 4 with 4508 viewsSomethingBlue

In the "don't mind either way" camp — not going to broadcast it but in general I think this board seems to live and let live.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:07 - Jan 4 with 4506 viewsThe_Great_Cornholio

I once had a fleeting yet particularly steamy affair with a chap that no longer posts on here. Is sad that I no longer get to read his musings and daydream of a potential rekindling of the fire...

I need TP, TP for my bunghole.

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:17 - Jan 4 with 4481 viewsDubtractor

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:07 - Jan 4 by The_Great_Cornholio

I once had a fleeting yet particularly steamy affair with a chap that no longer posts on here. Is sad that I no longer get to read his musings and daydream of a potential rekindling of the fire...

Did he have a teepee for your bunghole?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:35 - Jan 4 with 4472 viewsBlueBadger

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 15:58 - Jan 4 by Swansea_Blue

Some people take this place too seriously

I DO NOT YOU ARE AN AWFUL HIMAN BEING WHO PROBABLY FELLATES GOATS HERE IS A PICTURE OF YOUR WEDDING PHOTOS AND I'M GOING TO POST YOUR ADDRESS ON HERE

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:40 - Jan 4 with 4454 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

As i look like a bulldog licking p1ss off a nettle, i like the anonymity.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:40 - Jan 4 with 4454 viewsBlueBadger

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:43 - Jan 4 by factual_blue

Did they threaten you with a writ though?

Does 'If you want to meet up in McDonald's car park for a fight I'm well game' count?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:42 - Jan 4 with 4445 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:53 - Jan 4 by NewcyBlue

You're not a real bear?!

I guess he lied when he told me his name was Pudsey.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:43 - Jan 4 with 4442 viewsBluebell

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 16:47 - Jan 4 by factual_blue

And you have been stalked at Stowmarket station....

You wouldn’t recognise me now. I have shaved the beard off!
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:45 - Jan 4 with 4438 viewslongtimefan

Being a family friend of a young member of the playing staff I prefer the anonymity. His mum would kill me if she knew
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:55 - Jan 4 with 4424 viewsBluebell

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:07 - Jan 4 by The_Great_Cornholio

Hmmmmmm very interesting.

Now who no longer posts here?
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:03 - Jan 4 with 4412 viewsazuremerlangus

No that bothered either way.

Live on the south coast since 1991 so I get to 6-12 games a season roughly 50/50 home and away.

Travelled with MarinerIsGod to matches some years ago but haven't seen him for ages.

I think a good idea would be all turning up at a match (first or last of the season?) with plain t-shirts with your user name on the front and see what happens after a few beers.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:04 - Jan 4 with 4405 viewsNewcyBlue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:03 - Jan 4 by azuremerlangus

No that bothered either way.

Live on the south coast since 1991 so I get to 6-12 games a season roughly 50/50 home and away.

Travelled with MarinerIsGod to matches some years ago but haven't seen him for ages.

I think a good idea would be all turning up at a match (first or last of the season?) with plain t-shirts with your user name on the front and see what happens after a few beers.

How big is your t-shirt?!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024