Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? 15:16 - Jan 4 with 18393 viewsclive_baker

It seems to me that there's a spectrum among TWTD posters with regards to their anonymity from the real world. From those that post under their real names, to those that have username's but make no secret of their real identity. There also appears to be posters that know each other through other means, but know each other posts on here. Then, seemingly, posters who only know each other in real life through TWTD, having met at games etc. To posters that maintain a distinctly seperate TWTD profile from their real life one.

Personally, I enjoy relative anonymity on here (I think), partly through design and partly circumstance. With the exception of a couple of posters who I know in 'real life', I'm sure there are many more on here I know but we don't know that we know (if that makes sense?). It's all a matter of personal preference of course.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 15:18]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:05 - Jan 4 with 2256 viewsbrogansnose

I know quite a few posters off here , chuff knows how but It may possibly be alcohol related. I don't do social media like twitface so no one is going to guess at how I am in the real world. and I'm not bothered who knows who I am and I can't see why anyone would want to have a set to with me. I neither hide from being known or seek being known. Frankly all the posters who I've met off here have been really nice people and most of them differ from their online personality.

Having said that, Rommy is a proper nasty piece of work who pulls the legs off spiders for fun and drowns kittens in the canal.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:06 - Jan 4 with 2254 viewsazuremerlangus

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:04 - Jan 4 by NewcyBlue

How big is your t-shirt?!

Big t-shirt or v. small font - I haven't decided yet.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:08 - Jan 4 with 2249 viewsNewcyBlue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:05 - Jan 4 by brogansnose

I know quite a few posters off here , chuff knows how but It may possibly be alcohol related. I don't do social media like twitface so no one is going to guess at how I am in the real world. and I'm not bothered who knows who I am and I can't see why anyone would want to have a set to with me. I neither hide from being known or seek being known. Frankly all the posters who I've met off here have been really nice people and most of them differ from their online personality.

Having said that, Rommy is a proper nasty piece of work who pulls the legs off spiders for fun and drowns kittens in the canal.

I saw Rommy push an old lady over at the cash machine. His excuse was she asked him to help her check her balance...

Watch out for Rommy

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:09 - Jan 4 with 2244 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 18:35 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

I DO NOT YOU ARE AN AWFUL HIMAN BEING WHO PROBABLY FELLATES GOATS HERE IS A PICTURE OF YOUR WEDDING PHOTOS AND I'M GOING TO POST YOUR ADDRESS ON HERE

'PROBABLY'????

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:12 - Jan 4 with 2237 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:05 - Jan 4 by brogansnose

Taking me on will end in a terrible demise for your good self Brogs. An ending eastenders would be proud of...

Be afraid.. be very afraid

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:13 - Jan 4 with 2232 viewsbrogansnose

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:08 - Jan 4 by NewcyBlue

I saw Rommy push an old lady over at the cash machine. His excuse was she asked him to help her check her balance...

Watch out for Rommy

Tip of the iceberg Newcy, tip of the iceberg.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:14 - Jan 4 with 2230 viewsNewcyBlue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:13 - Jan 4 by brogansnose

Tip of the iceberg Newcy, tip of the iceberg.

He sank the Titanic too!? The barsteward!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:18 - Jan 4 with 2217 viewsbrogansnose

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:14 - Jan 4 by NewcyBlue

He sank the Titanic too!? The barsteward!

I have concerns for PJH's pension book now he's hanging around with him either that or PJ is a Fagan type character.

Best stay anonymous.

I might get wig.
Login to get fewer ads

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:24 - Jan 4 with 2211 viewsPJH

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:18 - Jan 4 by brogansnose

I have concerns for PJH's pension book now he's hanging around with him either that or PJ is a Fagan type character.

Best stay anonymous.

I might get wig.

Not hanging around with him, just had a chat at Fulham.
You should have heard what he said about you.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:26 - Jan 4 with 2209 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:24 - Jan 4 by PJH

Right.. that’s it..

I’m reforming the Top Gear Massive..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:29 - Jan 4 with 2208 viewsbrogansnose

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:24 - Jan 4 by PJH

All lies PJ, all lies.

Unless they were nice things in which case they may be partially true.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 19:40 - Jan 4 with 2190 viewsStNeotsBlue

My username is a pretty big clue as to where I'm from and I've been travelling up and down the country with our small band of Town fans for the last 27 years, so I'm sure I've met some of you. This is pretty much my only use of social media though, Twitter and the like are strange and distant lands to me!
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 20:39 - Jan 4 with 2157 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 17:15 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

Don't worry, you'll get your invite to dinner one day.

When most people are eating dinner, Hoppy has just about got to the cheese course for his expense account lunch.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 20:51 - Jan 4 with 2142 viewsSuperfrans

I use the same username on Twitter, where I also have an account in my real name - I need the real name account for work, and set up the other one so I could Tweet about ITFC without boring the asre off those who aren’t interested in my footballing interest.

I’m not really that bothered if people know me in real life or not. I know one or two TWTD users in real life but very quickly forget their user names. I’m just bloody hopeless that way really,,, 😬

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 21:04 - Jan 4 with 2119 viewsblueislander

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 20:51 - Jan 4 by Superfrans

I use the same username on Twitter, where I also have an account in my real name - I need the real name account for work, and set up the other one so I could Tweet about ITFC without boring the asre off those who aren’t interested in my footballing interest.

I’m not really that bothered if people know me in real life or not. I know one or two TWTD users in real life but very quickly forget their user names. I’m just bloody hopeless that way really,,, 😬

I prefer to remain anonymous. I don't want my past catching up with me. I think that, apart from Admin, only one poster who currently posts regularly knows my identity.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 11:49 - Jan 5 with 2022 viewsGeoffSentence

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 21:04 - Jan 4 by blueislander

I prefer to remain anonymous. I don't want my past catching up with me. I think that, apart from Admin, only one poster who currently posts regularly knows my identity.

Yeah but we know where you live*

*to the nearest 25 square miles.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 11:57 - Jan 5 with 2011 viewsblueislander

TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 11:49 - Jan 5 by GeoffSentence

Yeah but we know where you live*

*to the nearest 25 square miles.

That narrows it down to 65,000 approx.
TWTD anonymity...where do you sit? on 12:03 - Jan 5 with 1998 viewshampstead_blue

I'm in the cloak and dagger camp.

Much prefer the fog in front of me.
People can take things personally and make assumptions based on the written word. Often the context or sentiment behind the cold text is so much different from what can be inferred.

Also, why would anyone want to know anything about me! I'm about as interesting as a hole in the ground.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024