Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening 11:26 - Feb 16 with 9700 viewsitfcjoe

Putting aside the why and what of it, it really does leave us very short in the full back positions and with 15 games left, and time it will take to get up to fitness you wonder how much he'll be able to contribute even if he comes back in the next few days

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:30 - Feb 16 with 5216 viewsRobTheMonk

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tuanzebe at RB for a few games here and there.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:30 - Feb 16 with 5215 viewsSwansea_Blue

From a team perspective this episode has been a bit of a disappointment. Arguably it contributed to our dip in form when we were having to thrash Harry when he wasn’t well/fit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:32 - Feb 16 with 5171 viewsNutkins_Return

If he returns in the next few days and all has gone well with him and he's straight back into training and in the right head space (which I think he will be) then I think the problem is quickly resolved in terms of full back spots. Couple of weeks on the grass and a couple of 20 minute cameos and he'll be good to go and a great addition.

No guarantees the above is the way it goes but let's see.

It's quite interesting McKenna has never looked to try Burns at right back. I guess it's quite a unique right back role we play where it is almost a hybrid CB/RB role at times.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:33 - Feb 16 with 5152 viewsNutkins_Return

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:30 - Feb 16 by RobTheMonk

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tuanzebe at RB for a few games here and there.

McKenna might be tempted just when we have a midweeker to give Clarke a rest I agree. Tuanzebe is capable.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:34 - Feb 16 with 5145 views_clive_baker_

Especially as 3 of those games are in the next week. I wouldn't imagine we'll see a huge amount of Williams tbh, but it would be nice to have him back in the squad as an option and getting up to speed. If this season is to end in a playoff campaign then we need as many fit and firing options as possible.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:34 - Feb 16 with 5133 viewstextbackup

Such a waste of time.
By the time he’s fit again there will be 8/10 games left, then any possible illnesses or slight injuries.
The whole ordeal looks a mess, an Evans type of situation.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:35 - Feb 16 with 5134 viewsLankHenners

Yep, strip everything else away and it seems (always seemed) a bit of a risk to have your RB and LB cover being the same player as when they're not available you leave yourself short in 2 positions.

Essentially means we have to hope Clarke and Davis can manage to keep going at such a high intensity for the rest of the season or most of it at least. Or hope we have some games where we're so comfortably ahead we can rest them at some point in the 2nd half.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:37 - Feb 16 with 5101 viewsbaxterbasics

So much for ten days. Hope we aren't paying for him to be unavailable.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:37 - Feb 16 with 5105 viewsitfcjoe

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:34 - Feb 16 by _clive_baker_

Especially as 3 of those games are in the next week. I wouldn't imagine we'll see a huge amount of Williams tbh, but it would be nice to have him back in the squad as an option and getting up to speed. If this season is to end in a playoff campaign then we need as many fit and firing options as possible.

As you say, in 8 days time we'll just have 12 games left so it is ticking away quickly.

I can only imagine that he is still here because it is one of 2 scenarios:

(a) We weren't able to get out of the agreement so just hoped for the best

(b) We think we can get his head and body right, and nab him on the cheap this summer and that believe it is worthwhile

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:37 - Feb 16 with 5087 viewstextbackup

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:33 - Feb 16 by Nutkins_Return

McKenna might be tempted just when we have a midweeker to give Clarke a rest I agree. Tuanzebe is capable.

I’d forgotten we have rotherham next week, reckon we might see a few changes there. Maybe even a start for Al-Hamadi and Moore to the bench, see how he does in that role (Jackson has played it previously, so no reason why he couldn’t)

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:46 - Feb 16 with 4965 viewsitfcjoe

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:37 - Feb 16 by textbackup

I’d forgotten we have rotherham next week, reckon we might see a few changes there. Maybe even a start for Al-Hamadi and Moore to the bench, see how he does in that role (Jackson has played it previously, so no reason why he couldn’t)

I wonder whether we see Ali A-H start tomorrow as Swansea play a high line and his pace could open it up......and then Big Kief starts v Rotherham where they will stick 11 men behind the ball and we need that target/hold up player.

We don't want to flog Moore too much and play him 90 week in - week out, although he doesn't press like others it's still a big workload

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:50 - Feb 16 with 4914 viewstextbackup

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:46 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

I wonder whether we see Ali A-H start tomorrow as Swansea play a high line and his pace could open it up......and then Big Kief starts v Rotherham where they will stick 11 men behind the ball and we need that target/hold up player.

We don't want to flog Moore too much and play him 90 week in - week out, although he doesn't press like others it's still a big workload

My only thinking was an an ex cardiff boy, and Welshman, Keefa might be extra up for tomorrow… however, I’d not be against big Ali starting. Got this feeling him and Moore will hit double figures by the end of the season.

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:50 - Feb 16 with 4909 viewsNthQldITFC

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:32 - Feb 16 by Nutkins_Return

If he returns in the next few days and all has gone well with him and he's straight back into training and in the right head space (which I think he will be) then I think the problem is quickly resolved in terms of full back spots. Couple of weeks on the grass and a couple of 20 minute cameos and he'll be good to go and a great addition.

No guarantees the above is the way it goes but let's see.

It's quite interesting McKenna has never looked to try Burns at right back. I guess it's quite a unique right back role we play where it is almost a hybrid CB/RB role at times.

Didn't Burns play as a wing back in the very early days, or have I imagined that. I'd agree with what I think is your inference that Burns could do a job at right back - he has the pace, the physique, maturity to adapt for a few games and aerial ability too. Not ideal, but certainly feasible if we needed rapid cover in that position (Burns or Travis probably first if Clarke/Axel not available).

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:51 - Feb 16 with 4900 views_clive_baker_

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:46 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

I thought that on Wednesday. The game was done pretty early, so seeing Moore stay on until 70+ minutes surprised me a touch. Not that the 2nd half was of a particularly high intensity, but with the quick turnaround I was half expecting him to go off early in to the 2nd half.

Having said that I would imagine he's chomping at the bit to play away at Swansea, what with his Cardiff connections.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:52 - Feb 16 with 4894 viewstractorboy1978

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:30 - Feb 16 by Swansea_Blue

From a team perspective this episode has been a bit of a disappointment. Arguably it contributed to our dip in form when we were having to thrash Harry when he wasn’t well/fit.

I'd heard a while back that Clarke really has been playing through pain at times. And he wouldn't necessarily be putting himself through it if he wasn't playing for his hometown club in a promotion push. Something a few of those that criticise ought to consider!
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:56 - Feb 16 with 4808 viewsitfcjoe

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:50 - Feb 16 by textbackup

My only thinking was an an ex cardiff boy, and Welshman, Keefa might be extra up for tomorrow… however, I’d not be against big Ali starting. Got this feeling him and Moore will hit double figures by the end of the season.

Double figures between them or 10 each? The latter would be lovely!

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:04 - Feb 16 with 4678 viewsElderGrizzly

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:37 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

As you say, in 8 days time we'll just have 12 games left so it is ticking away quickly.

(b) We think we can get his head and body right, and nab him on the cheap this summer and that believe it is worthwhile

If he's returned to Utd at their request, i'm sure there is a break clause in there.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:06 - Feb 16 with 4655 viewsElderGrizzly

Is McKenna 'brave enough' not to play Moore if fit from the start?

He was entirely right not to start him at Preston as he hadn't kicked a ball with us, but I can't see him not starting unless he is managing an injury.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:11 - Feb 16 with 4597 viewscbower

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:37 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

If it is A, then it's a hell of an outlay on his wages and surely he ought to have stayed at Town throughout. You might argue Mann Utd have better medical capability but he was / is part of a squad here, at United he wasn’t part of the named squad.
If it's B, that's a very interesting strategy seeing as how fitness, in whatever guise that is, seems to be problematic for him right now.
I wish him well but suspect we will hardly see him again, if at all. Hope I'm wrong as he is clearly a talent.

bluescouser

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:18 - Feb 16 with 4532 viewsGuthrum

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:11 - Feb 16 by cbower

If it is A, then it's a hell of an outlay on his wages and surely he ought to have stayed at Town throughout. You might argue Mann Utd have better medical capability but he was / is part of a squad here, at United he wasn’t part of the named squad.
If it's B, that's a very interesting strategy seeing as how fitness, in whatever guise that is, seems to be problematic for him right now.
I wish him well but suspect we will hardly see him again, if at all. Hope I'm wrong as he is clearly a talent.

Tho I understood clubs usually have insurance to cover wages in the event of long-term injury. Which should defray at least some of any cost.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:34 - Feb 16 with 4371 viewsbadadski

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:18 - Feb 16 by Guthrum

Tho I understood clubs usually have insurance to cover wages in the event of long-term injury. Which should defray at least some of any cost.

This whole incident has been a joke and laughable from the start.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:39 - Feb 16 with 4314 viewsNthQldITFC

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:34 - Feb 16 by badadski

Ok then.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:43 - Feb 16 with 4244 viewsberkstractorboy

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:34 - Feb 16 by badadski

The lad has got some issues and won't add to speculation. He has been superb for us earlier in the season and then has had some issues. We don't have all the facts to even remotely suggest this has been a joke and may actually have been handled very well by the club but thats between KMC and BW.

Looking at Town now under this ownership how can you not think they have handled it as best they could when dealing with a 'troubled' lad. Sometimes there are bumps in the road with players.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:45 - Feb 16 with 4196 viewsportmanking

It's the former scenario, unfortunately.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:48 - Feb 16 with 4144 viewstextbackup

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:56 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

Double figures between them or 10 each? The latter would be lovely!

10 each!
They are already a 4 between them, I’d be accused of being negative if I went for 10 between them 😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024