Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening 11:26 - Feb 16 with 9964 viewsitfcjoe

Putting aside the why and what of it, it really does leave us very short in the full back positions and with 15 games left, and time it will take to get up to fitness you wonder how much he'll be able to contribute even if he comes back in the next few days

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:03 - Feb 16 with 3250 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:37 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

As you say, in 8 days time we'll just have 12 games left so it is ticking away quickly.

I can only imagine that he is still here because it is one of 2 scenarios:

(a) We weren't able to get out of the agreement so just hoped for the best

(b) We think we can get his head and body right, and nab him on the cheap this summer and that believe it is worthwhile

If we did end up in the play offs, would Williams be available? Same regarding Hutchinson, Sarmiento and Travis?

It is my understanding that loans end on the last day of the season. Hope I'm wrong.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:06 - Feb 16 with 3239 viewsDarkBrandon

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:37 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

As you say, in 8 days time we'll just have 12 games left so it is ticking away quickly.

I can only imagine that he is still here because it is one of 2 scenarios:

(a) We weren't able to get out of the agreement so just hoped for the best

(b) We think we can get his head and body right, and nab him on the cheap this summer and that believe it is worthwhile

There is of course a third possibility. At his best he is clearly an excellent player, and if he’s only available for the last 5 games of the season and the play-offs it could easily be worth it.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:07 - Feb 16 with 3231 viewsitfcjoe

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:03 - Feb 16 by GlasgowBlue

If we did end up in the play offs, would Williams be available? Same regarding Hutchinson, Sarmiento and Travis?

It is my understanding that loans end on the last day of the season. Hope I'm wrong.

Loans last until the end of the season, including play offs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:33 - Feb 16 with 3113 viewsBlueOura

I don't know why we didn't just teminate the loan agreement in january and secure a fit and ready replacement, I don't know the full ins and outs of the situation but reading between the lines its hard to imagine that we wouldn't have been well within our rights to do so.

Now we are left with a player that will be unable to contritute for some time, if at all this season.
[Post edited 17 Feb 9:27]
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:46 - Feb 16 with 3052 viewsportmanking

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:33 - Feb 16 by BlueOura

I don't know why we didn't just teminate the loan agreement in january and secure a fit and ready replacement, I don't know the full ins and outs of the situation but reading between the lines its hard to imagine that we wouldn't have been well within our rights to do so.

Now we are left with a player that will be unable to contritute for some time, if at all this season.
[Post edited 17 Feb 9:27]

Because there wasn't a January break clause inserted. At the time, it was seen as a gesture of goodwill and faith in McKenna from Old Trafford, but it's left us with egg on our faces.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:49 - Feb 16 with 3027 viewscressi

Whilst his unavailable and not here I hope United are paying his wages not sure if his issues are physical or mental 🤔
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 14:00 - Feb 16 with 2979 viewsBseaBlue

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:49 - Feb 16 by cressi

Whilst his unavailable and not here I hope United are paying his wages not sure if his issues are physical or mental 🤔

Doesn't sound like they are from reading the above.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 14:24 - Feb 16 with 2913 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:50 - Feb 16 by NthQldITFC

Didn't Burns play as a wing back in the very early days, or have I imagined that. I'd agree with what I think is your inference that Burns could do a job at right back - he has the pace, the physique, maturity to adapt for a few games and aerial ability too. Not ideal, but certainly feasible if we needed rapid cover in that position (Burns or Travis probably first if Clarke/Axel not available).

Yes he did for a little bit.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 15:55 - Feb 16 with 2764 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 14:00 - Feb 16 by BseaBlue

Doesn't sound like they are from reading the above.

Doesn't take a genius to have a guess at what his issues are, nor whether we'd be paying his wages if possible issues were reality.

Overall, we're short in the full back areas aren't we as a result of this/our failure to bring a left wing back in. Really need to hope that neither Davis, nor Clarke get injured or suspended.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 15:56 - Feb 16 with 2754 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:45 - Feb 16 by portmanking

It's the former scenario, unfortunately.

It's not.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 16:23 - Feb 16 with 2689 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Every cloud has a silver lining - I am hoping Humphreys can more than adequately cover. He is a very good player.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That would be true if he was injured.... on 16:27 - Feb 16 with 2653 viewsBloots

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:18 - Feb 16 by Guthrum

Tho I understood clubs usually have insurance to cover wages in the event of long-term injury. Which should defray at least some of any cost.

....but I doubt the insurance would offer any cover in this instance.

Let's face it, it's a shambles of a situation.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 18:46 - Feb 16 with 2457 viewsNutkins_Return

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:06 - Feb 16 by DarkBrandon

There is of course a third possibility. At his best he is clearly an excellent player, and if he’s only available for the last 5 games of the season and the play-offs it could easily be worth it.

McKenna felt it would be 10-14 days. It's be only a couple of days on for that. Imagine he'll be back in the next week hopefully let's just see.

People saying he was our left and RB cover which he wasn't really. We have Donacien and just unfortunate his situation.

Tuanzebe can play RB too.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 18:53 - Feb 16 with 2435 viewsbazza

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:33 - Feb 16 by Nutkins_Return

McKenna might be tempted just when we have a midweeker to give Clarke a rest I agree. Tuanzebe is capable.

I think He plays batter on the right than central.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 19:00 - Feb 16 with 2422 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 18:46 - Feb 16 by Nutkins_Return

McKenna felt it would be 10-14 days. It's be only a couple of days on for that. Imagine he'll be back in the next week hopefully let's just see.

People saying he was our left and RB cover which he wasn't really. We have Donacien and just unfortunate his situation.

Tuanzebe can play RB too.

Is Donacien injured? Long term?

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 07:55 - Feb 17 with 2201 viewsNutkins_Return

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 19:00 - Feb 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is Donacien injured? Long term?

Had surgery start of the month. Approx 6 week recovery time so somewhere around another month. But he's played no football this season really so won't be match fit either.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 08:49 - Feb 17 with 2133 viewsSenatorBlue

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 11:50 - Feb 16 by NthQldITFC

Didn't Burns play as a wing back in the very early days, or have I imagined that. I'd agree with what I think is your inference that Burns could do a job at right back - he has the pace, the physique, maturity to adapt for a few games and aerial ability too. Not ideal, but certainly feasible if we needed rapid cover in that position (Burns or Travis probably first if Clarke/Axel not available).

Burns could do a job at RB, but per Nutkins our RB is a hybrid RB/CB in order to release Leif, and I don’t think he can play that role. Tanzabe is the better fit in Williams’ absence, albeit you lose Clarke’s ability to raid and overlap, which is why he’s a perfect fit for it, with his improving defensive ability. If Clarke can become a Janoi man for man player, we’ve another big £££ player.
[Post edited 17 Feb 8:57]
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 09:00 - Feb 17 with 2105 viewsWeWereZombies

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 12:43 - Feb 16 by berkstractorboy

The lad has got some issues and won't add to speculation. He has been superb for us earlier in the season and then has had some issues. We don't have all the facts to even remotely suggest this has been a joke and may actually have been handled very well by the club but thats between KMC and BW.

Looking at Town now under this ownership how can you not think they have handled it as best they could when dealing with a 'troubled' lad. Sometimes there are bumps in the road with players.

And the assumption that Williams is a 'troubled lad' could be wide of the mark too, he may have a close family member back in Manchester who is having a severe health issue and Williams wants to be close to them at all times for the present. Just speculation on my part but no worse informed than most of the rumours on this matter.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 09:27 - Feb 17 with 2045 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:49 - Feb 16 by cressi

I wouldn't put it past Mr Ashton to have had some serious conversations with Utd and possibly to renegotiate the terms. It is in Utds interests that BW continues his rehabilitation and builds up his physical fitness, so they will have wanted the loan to continue. I'd be staggered if we were paying any significant proportion of his wages whilst he is back in Manchester, and Ashton is a very smart commercial operator, who would have been aware of the risks and possibilities before we even took BW on loan in August.

Poll: would you rather

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 09:43 - Feb 17 with 2005 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 13:46 - Feb 16 by portmanking

Because there wasn't a January break clause inserted. At the time, it was seen as a gesture of goodwill and faith in McKenna from Old Trafford, but it's left us with egg on our faces.

Where on earth are you getting this from?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 10:08 - Feb 17 with 1941 viewsKeno

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 09:43 - Feb 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 10:09 - Feb 17 with 1939 viewsredrickstuhaart

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 09:43 - Feb 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

People's willingness to make stuff up on this subject is staggering.
Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 10:37 - Feb 17 with 1880 viewsNeedhamChris

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 10:09 - Feb 17 by redrickstuhaart

People's willingness to make stuff up on this subject is staggering.

Portmanking has proven to be itk repeatedly in the past.

Are you that insecure that you think that anything you don't know must not exist?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 10:38 - Feb 17 with 1879 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 08:49 - Feb 17 by SenatorBlue

Burns could do a job at RB, but per Nutkins our RB is a hybrid RB/CB in order to release Leif, and I don’t think he can play that role. Tanzabe is the better fit in Williams’ absence, albeit you lose Clarke’s ability to raid and overlap, which is why he’s a perfect fit for it, with his improving defensive ability. If Clarke can become a Janoi man for man player, we’ve another big £££ player.
[Post edited 17 Feb 8:57]

Is another option that Davis drops in deeper and Burns plays his role on the right side instead? Effectively switching the system over from left to right.

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 10:45 - Feb 17 with 1861 viewsSenatorBlue

Brandon Williams still at United as of Wednesday evening on 10:38 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is another option that Davis drops in deeper and Burns plays his role on the right side instead? Effectively switching the system over from left to right.

Nah, why nullify two of your greatest threats? Burns and Leif. Easier to just drop Tanzabe in, in the event Clarke is out (which I hope not).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024