Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a performance 22:39 - Jan 24 with 1892 viewsTalkingBlues

Ladapo - I moan about him non stop, but tonight he was immense, his hold up play is always spot on, but tonight he scored a proper goal, the type he’s scuffed all season so far and he was much, much better at laying the ball off for people around him, moving forward he has to start for me on that display.

Clarke - no words needed, wayyy too good for this league IMO, what a coup that signing was

Broadhead - didn’t see the ball as much as I’d like, but what he did with it was class and a nice assist for Ladapo

Edmundson - faultless game, absolute rock, mopped everything up, got a head to every ball and distributed well too

Yes, the oppo were pi55 poor, but I don’t think there’s a team in the league that would have been able to cope with what we produced in that first half, it was like watching a premier league outfit, football was mentally good for this level.

Just need to keep those performance levels up now and give Wednesday a good kicking!!

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

What a performance on 22:42 - Jan 24 with 1837 viewsWeirdFishes

Wasn’t happy with Ladapo starting as wanted Hirst to get a good run but you can’t argue with his performance. Think Hirst coming in will help him up his game as he’s not really had any competition for his starting space. Even if Hirst doesn’t score a lot he’ll be a good signing for this reason.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 22:53]

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

What a performance on 22:45 - Jan 24 with 1799 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I know it was 'ONLY' Morecambe but... Clarke has to be a starter for the rest of the season. His quality is tremendous and it is so visible.

Fully agree with Edmundson and Broadhead too.

First half......if based on that we fail to get promoted then a word of 'FAILURE' is going to be an understatement.
What a performance on 22:45 - Jan 24 with 1796 viewsbackwaywhen

Re Ladapo , this is exactly what was said by Rotherham fans , 4 good games then 4 bad ones , if only he was consistently good , great tonight , let’s hope he is great for rest of season .
What a performance on 22:45 - Jan 24 with 1784 viewsTalkingBlues

What a performance on 22:42 - Jan 24 by WeirdFishes

Wasn’t happy with Ladapo starting as wanted Hirst to get a good run but you can’t argue with his performance. Think Hirst coming in will help him up his game as he’s not really had any competition for his starting space. Even if Hirst doesn’t score a lot he’ll be a good signing for this reason.

Yep, I’d rather have seen Hirst start too, but Ladapo just had the fire in his belly tonight, really putting down a marker to be the clubs first choice number 9 and on that display, he most definitely is.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 22:46]

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

What a performance on 22:59 - Jan 24 with 1551 viewsDubtractor

I thought that was Ladapo's best performance for us - they simply couldn't handle him at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What a performance on 23:03 - Jan 24 with 1510 viewsunstableblue

What a performance on 22:59 - Jan 24 by Dubtractor

I thought that was Ladapo's best performance for us - they simply couldn't handle him at all.

He completely upped his game

Some of his movement and hold up play was top class.

Thoroughly impressed by Freddie.

I think the difference though is we stretched the opposition with the energy of Burns, Chaplin, and the sheer quality of Broadhead and Clarke.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What a performance on 23:06 - Jan 24 with 1476 viewsvilanovablue

What a performance on 22:45 - Jan 24 by backwaywhen

Re Ladapo , this is exactly what was said by Rotherham fans , 4 good games then 4 bad ones , if only he was consistently good , great tonight , let’s hope he is great for rest of season .

It's only January and he's on 14 goals what more are you expecting?
What a performance on 23:12 - Jan 24 with 1422 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not sure why you moan about him?

He has had far more good games than bad ones. 13 goals in all comps, quality hold up play at this level.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

What a performance on 23:24 - Jan 24 with 1348 viewsWickets

What a performance on 23:12 - Jan 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

Not sure why you moan about him?

He has had far more good games than bad ones. 13 goals in all comps, quality hold up play at this level.

Yup i agree tonight we got men into the box both Chaplin and Broadhead into the box made a huge difference for me too many times Freddy has been on his own .
What a performance on 08:02 - Jan 25 with 1009 viewsFrimleyBlue

We're a worse side without him. Made the point on Sat, Hirst may come good, but in his brief minutes so far, he hasn't offered anywhere near the same as Freddie in that front role.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What a performance on 08:50 - Jan 25 with 869 viewschicoazul

Surely Fred and Chaplin have to start every game now?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What a performance on 09:01 - Jan 25 with 800 viewsSwansea_Blue

What a performance on 22:42 - Jan 24 by WeirdFishes

Hirst looked off the pace again, which I suppose is to be expected. Ladapo’s all round game is better right now and he’s important to us. The problem has always been his wasteful finishing, but if he’s going to slot them in like last night then he’s definitely in the team ahead of Hirst imo. Hirst will have to be patient.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What a performance on 09:07 - Jan 25 with 774 viewstractorboy1978

What a performance on 09:01 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

Hirst looked off the pace again, which I suppose is to be expected. Ladapo’s all round game is better right now and he’s important to us. The problem has always been his wasteful finishing, but if he’s going to slot them in like last night then he’s definitely in the team ahead of Hirst imo. Hirst will have to be patient.

Hirst was making some excellent runs but by that point we'd decided we were happy to knock it about at the back. Ladapo was very good but he was playing in a team in the ascendancy in the first half. Both will play an equal role I imagine as the season goes on.
What a performance on 09:17 - Jan 25 with 706 viewsblueasfook

Just what we needed after the disappointing result at Oxford. McK obviously got the team fired up for last night. Cambridge is a must win to keep up with the top 2 and then Sheff Wed is a must win to take 3 points from them. These next few games will determine if it's top 2 for us or play-offs come end of season.

Not even thinking about Burnley. I think I would be happy to just put out a second string side for that one and concentrate on getting out of this goddam league!

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Agreed on all counts on 09:20 - Jan 25 with 688 viewsDyland

What a performance on 23:03 - Jan 24 by unstableblue

He completely upped his game

Some of his movement and hold up play was top class.

Thoroughly impressed by Freddie.

I think the difference though is we stretched the opposition with the energy of Burns, Chaplin, and the sheer quality of Broadhead and Clarke.

I think FD has generally been pretty good but he was something else last night.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What a performance on 09:25 - Jan 25 with 672 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

What a performance on 09:07 - Jan 25 by tractorboy1978

Hirst was making some excellent runs but by that point we'd decided we were happy to knock it about at the back. Ladapo was very good but he was playing in a team in the ascendancy in the first half. Both will play an equal role I imagine as the season goes on.

Indeed Hirst barely saw the ball after coming on (not a criticism, it was a professional closing of the game). Even if his goal return is limited, if he provides motivation for Ladapo then it’s a great signing. I don’t think it’s unfair to suggest Ladapo hasn’t been consistently clinical all season, and having to rely on him alone as a traditional 9 probably wasn’t sufficient for an auto spot chasing team.

As an aside - the balance we were looking for between the left and right sides last season is sorted - and then some. Davis/Broadhead, and Clark/Burns, sheer quality. Davis was superb tonight and no surprise he’s in the top assists (level with Whittaker) in the league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024