Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People on here who said... 15:12 - Mar 23 with 3469 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Rekeem Harper was going to be a beast and was a massive improvement on Andre Dozzell.

Kool Aid drinkers, every one.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2022 15:27]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

People on here who said... on 15:21 - Mar 23 with 2847 viewsitfcjoe

I remember some saying that despite a team in a higher division paying more than twice as much for a player and giving him a bigger contract that it didn't mean anything

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People on here who said... on 15:21 - Mar 23 with 2831 viewsFrimleyBlue

Interesting player who not long ago was linked with a move to Juventus...

Not sure what sort of player he is tho, DM, CM, AM? similar to Andre in that respect imo

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

People on here who said... on 15:27 - Mar 23 with 2791 viewsArnieM

I think you’ll find it was the player himself that referred to himself as The Beast.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

People on here who said... on 15:27 - Mar 23 with 2796 viewsOriginalMarkyP

People on here who said... on 15:21 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

I remember some saying that despite a team in a higher division paying more than twice as much for a player and giving him a bigger contract that it didn't mean anything

I think it's quite interesting if you take Andre and Woolfie as examples. Both local lads, both got a perhaps a dash too much of that laid back suffolk boy thing for some. Both got lambasted for being 'lazy' 'arrogant' 'not as good as they think they are' 'not having enough fight'...etc.

They you look at Woolfie under Cook and under KMcK, and can't help but think what he could have done with Andre.

People on here who said... on 15:28 - Mar 23 with 2770 viewsOriginalMarkyP

People on here who said... on 15:27 - Mar 23 by ArnieM

I think you’ll find it was the player himself that referred to himself as The Beast.

He did. But I remember a lot folk on here echoing that statement.

People on here who said... on 15:30 - Mar 23 with 2744 viewsFrimleyBlue

People on here who said... on 15:28 - Mar 23 by OriginalMarkyP

He did. But I remember a lot folk on here echoing that statement.

Lots of people liked Harper at the start he even appeared in some of your lineups.

He just didn't seem to go in the right direction after a few games. Very odd.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

People on here who said... on 15:37 - Mar 23 with 2684 viewsWallingford_Boy

To be fair, I think a lot on here said that about a lot of our signings, before knowing much about them/seeing them play.

We sign Edwards "this is getting silly, we are going to tear up the league, etc".

Hasn't quite gone to plan.... maybe next season?

RIP Sir Bobby

People on here who said... on 15:38 - Mar 23 with 2670 viewsOriginalMarkyP

People on here who said... on 15:30 - Mar 23 by FrimleyBlue

Lots of people liked Harper at the start he even appeared in some of your lineups.

He just didn't seem to go in the right direction after a few games. Very odd.

If I put him in a line-up (I'm not a big one for naming line-ups to be fair apart from Norwood + 10 others) it's because he was the only player the manager was going to pick. I'd have had Andre ahead of him in a heartbeat but Andre was playing for QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

People on here who said... on 15:43 - Mar 23 with 2623 viewstextbackup

This is why you should never pretend to know it all…

I’m proud id not heard of a single player we signed in the summer.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

People on here who said... on 15:47 - Mar 23 with 2570 viewsKieran_Knows

I said at the time I thought both were interesting moves.

Both players had become, I wouldn't necessarily say stale at their clubs, but maybe a move was best for all parties and I was interested to see who would come out of the deals better, Dozzell or Harper.

Can't say I've heard all that much about Dozzell and how he's played at QPR, and obviously things haven't worked out for Harper here yet, although I was annoyed he was loaned out in January for us to sign one of Ashtons lads.

Be interesting over the next 2-3 years who really does fulfill their potentials between those 2.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

People on here who said... on 15:58 - Mar 23 with 2487 viewsBloomBlue

It's because when you see something you think you know the faults but when you hardly see something you assume it's perfect.

Some Town fans based the negative vibes on what they were seeing when watching Dozzell but when Brum fans were saying Harper's performances had been patchy/inconsistent those same Town fans said the Brum fans were jealous (sour grapes) and got all excited about a 15 second video clip on Youtube which supposedly showed Harper's good points.

I hope he eventually comes good but not convinced.
People on here who said... on 16:14 - Mar 23 with 2391 viewsitfcjoe

People on here who said... on 15:47 - Mar 23 by Kieran_Knows

I said at the time I thought both were interesting moves.

Both players had become, I wouldn't necessarily say stale at their clubs, but maybe a move was best for all parties and I was interested to see who would come out of the deals better, Dozzell or Harper.

Can't say I've heard all that much about Dozzell and how he's played at QPR, and obviously things haven't worked out for Harper here yet, although I was annoyed he was loaned out in January for us to sign one of Ashtons lads.

Be interesting over the next 2-3 years who really does fulfill their potentials between those 2.

Bakinson is streets ahead of Harper from what I've seen - and has been dropped into an ever changing midfield pairing in quite a complex system and being made to play both roles.

Harper has some real quality, but just doesn't influence games at all, or even be able to just go about business quietly and tick it over.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People on here who said... on 16:19 - Mar 23 with 2359 viewsDubtractor

People on here who said... on 15:37 - Mar 23 by Wallingford_Boy

To be fair, I think a lot on here said that about a lot of our signings, before knowing much about them/seeing them play.

We sign Edwards "this is getting silly, we are going to tear up the league, etc".

Hasn't quite gone to plan.... maybe next season?

Some people even said Aluko was a terrible signing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

People on here who said... on 16:24 - Mar 23 with 2316 viewsSwansea_Blue

People on here who said... on 16:19 - Mar 23 by Dubtractor

To be fair, they had seen him play for a whole 20 minutes while we knew he was unfit. How were they to know he may not have been at his best (given they're obviously feckwits ).

Don't tell me you were one of them?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2022 16:25]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People on here who said... on 16:38 - Mar 23 with 2258 viewsDubtractor

People on here who said... on 16:24 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

To be fair, they had seen him play for a whole 20 minutes while we knew he was unfit. How were they to know he may not have been at his best (given they're obviously feckwits ).

Don't tell me you were one of them?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2022 16:25]

Nah, Wally had all his Reading mates laughing at him after we signed him, so shared his disappointment at the signing.

I was indifferent at the time tbh, main concern was that he was yet another attacking player when we needed defensive improvements, rather than any view on Aluko.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

People on here who said... on 16:45 - Mar 23 with 2206 viewsNthQldITFC

Harper has some really good attributes, is young, and has not yet been coached by McKenna and Pert.

Maybe best to wait a bit.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

People on here who said... on 17:22 - Mar 23 with 2103 viewsWallingford_Boy

People on here who said... on 16:19 - Mar 23 by Dubtractor

Fair point, I hold my hands up there, just going on what Reading fans had said.

RIP Sir Bobby

People on here who said... on 17:25 - Mar 23 with 2091 viewskizaitfc

Have you wasted your time and everyone else's time to write a post about Andre Dozzell being better than Rakeem Harper?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

People on here who said... on 18:49 - Mar 23 with 1893 viewscbower

Whilst he has failed to impress at Crewe, they are bottom of the league! To be fair to Harper, his run of games at Town came when we were all over the shop in terms of shape. The rigid 4231 constantly saw the central midfielders overrun, chasing shadows and drawn out of position. He has never once played (certainly hardly ever) with Morsy who improves everyone who plays alongside him. Cook didn't have a clue what to do with the players he had.
Harper clearly has talent alongside physique and he is very raw. Maybe it's a concern that McKenna loaned him out rather than keep him at PR to coach him but we may see a far more effective Harper next season. Don't write him off yet!

bluescouser

People on here who said... on 20:11 - Mar 23 with 1693 viewsStewart27

Harper is pretty ineffective. Has only had half a season. May come of something. Probably not.

Dozzell was pretty ineffective in 3 years.

They’ll probably both not be remembered in years to come.
People on here who said... on 20:42 - Mar 23 with 1597 viewsVeggie

Some random Koolaid drinker even thought he’d come good like Aluko

After Pearson's comments... by wkj 20 Jan 2022 16:38
This loan could well be like a trial. I doubt we're keeping Tom Caroll beyond this season, so might be seeing if he's got something about him for next year.

[Post edited 23 Mar 2022 20:44]
People on here who said... on 21:21 - Mar 23 with 1480 viewsjayessess

Isn't the lesson on both that fans get both too high and too low on very young players? Dozzell was going to the best player at the club until it was decided he was a raging disappointment, all before his 21st birthday. Harper was going to be too good for League One, until he was only good for the scrap-heap, again aged 21.

Meanwhile our best centre midfielders are 30 and 27.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

People on here who said... on 21:24 - Mar 23 with 1464 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

People on here who said... on 20:42 - Mar 23 by Veggie

Some random Koolaid drinker even thought he’d come good like Aluko

After Pearson's comments... by wkj 20 Jan 2022 16:38
This loan could well be like a trial. I doubt we're keeping Tom Caroll beyond this season, so might be seeing if he's got something about him for next year.

[Post edited 23 Mar 2022 20:44]

Would be a real shame if those posts were about Tyreeq Bakinson and not Rekeem Harper, wouldn’t it?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

People on here who said... on 21:28 - Mar 23 with 1448 viewsReuser_is_God

Some div was claiming that Harper would develop into a £20m player.

LOL.

Think it may have been that Kally guy from Talking Town.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

People on here who said... on 21:32 - Mar 23 with 1429 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Harper has been very disappointing so far and there is still time for him to come good.

However, has Dozzell been any better either? 25 appearances, 0 goals, 1 assist and 1 red card for QPR so far. I guess he is getting pitch time so must be doing something more than Harper is.

It stands to reason that it is likely that a player signed for money by a Championship club should be better than one signed as part of a bloated squad in League 1. However, I am not sure that Dozzell has, so far, proven the point you are making any more than Harper does on his own.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024