Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HLADKY 19:08 - Aug 6 with 5171 viewsRobTheMonk

Marry me now.

All is forgiven.

Amazing.
HLADKY on 19:12 - Aug 6 with 3417 viewsSwansea_Blue

“Superb save” is how BBC text describe it, so sounds like he’s saved us 2 points there. (I’m not watching unfortunately).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

HLADKY on 19:17 - Aug 6 with 3391 viewsBlueBoots

HLADKY on 19:12 - Aug 6 by Swansea_Blue

“Superb save” is how BBC text describe it, so sounds like he’s saved us 2 points there. (I’m not watching unfortunately).

Sharp save with his left foot deflected the ball onto the near post and away; can see how much the result meant to him with his celebration after the final whistle!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

HLADKY on 19:19 - Aug 6 with 3358 viewsDJR

HLADKY on 19:17 - Aug 6 by BlueBoots

Sharp save with his left foot deflected the ball onto the near post and away; can see how much the result meant to him with his celebration after the final whistle!

He also made some good punches, and got a good reaction from McKenna.
HLADKY on 19:33 - Aug 6 with 3304 viewsbritbiker

HLADKY on 19:12 - Aug 6 by Swansea_Blue

Will give him a great boost. He's in charge for a good slice of the season
HLADKY on 19:39 - Aug 6 with 3246 viewsRadlett_blue

Good shot stopper but looked like Bambi on ice with the ball at his feet in the first half.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

HLADKY on 19:40 - Aug 6 with 3229 viewsWicklowBlue

HLADKY on 19:33 - Aug 6 by britbiker

Will give him a great boost. He's in charge for a good slice of the season

Lee Grant came over to hug him as well. Fair play to Hladky had to step up into what was probably his biggest game to date. Looked very nervy as did a number of the team in the first half. Came out with a good punch which unfortunately Janoi was on the receiving end of. (Which you could see upset him) Then the save from his foot onto the post and a more regulation follow up save.

Will really boost his confidence for the upcoming games.
HLADKY on 19:41 - Aug 6 with 3206 viewsthe_toff

HLADKY on 19:39 - Aug 6 by Radlett_blue

Good shot stopper but looked like Bambi on ice with the ball at his feet in the first half.

Do you think he lacks confidence? Strikes me as someone who might do, perhaps a result of the start he had to his Town career. I think he’s a good keeper, maybe needs to believe a bit more in himself.
HLADKY on 19:45 - Aug 6 with 3176 viewsNthQldITFC

HLADKY on 19:41 - Aug 6 by the_toff

Do you think he lacks confidence? Strikes me as someone who might do, perhaps a result of the start he had to his Town career. I think he’s a good keeper, maybe needs to believe a bit more in himself.

Very much so. I think he's a naturally quiet bloke too. I'd love to see him shouting and bossing the defence about a bit, but hopefully that will come in the next few weeks.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

HLADKY on 19:50 - Aug 6 with 3126 viewsRozz

Definitely. McKenna said recently that there are few better with the ball at their feet than Hladky, and yet his distribution looked shaky in the first half today. If you make a hospital pass in the first 10 minutes infront of 40,000 people you're going to get the jips.

Glad he settled into the game and thrilled he made that double save to keep us in it. He's a perfectly decent keeper, and this is a big step up.
HLADKY on 20:06 - Aug 6 with 3027 viewsitfcserbia

HLADKY on 19:45 - Aug 6 by NthQldITFC

Very much so. I think he's a naturally quiet bloke too. I'd love to see him shouting and bossing the defence about a bit, but hopefully that will come in the next few weeks.

And I can guarantee you he's never played before 40.000 people in his life until today. He's a good keeper, just need help to grow some confidence.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

HLADKY on 20:14 - Aug 6 with 2982 viewsHorsham

Scary at the start, settled and was very influential. He’ll take a lot of confidence from that hopefully. It’s probably fair enough to have a few flutters to start, it can’t be easy having virtually no significant matches in the best part of 2 years and playing non that atmosphere. Brilliant from him I think.
HLADKY on 20:17 - Aug 6 with 2946 viewsDanTheMan

I was critical of him at the start of the game but he really grew into it. Assume just nerves, but fantastic save to give us the three points and you can see what it meant to him to win as well.

Chuffed for him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

HLADKY on 20:24 - Aug 6 with 2885 viewsMillsey

Played really well after a couple of poor passes early doors, well played that man
HLADKY on 20:28 - Aug 6 with 2839 viewsPlums

Very nervy but once again, we didn't concede playing out from the back. Great to see the confidence grow. This was a big step up for a few and they came through it. Hladky was superb when it really counted.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

HLADKY on 20:33 - Aug 6 with 2787 viewsacj

HLADKY on 20:06 - Aug 6 by itfcserbia

And I can guarantee you he's never played before 40.000 people in his life until today. He's a good keeper, just need help to grow some confidence.

He played in front of 56,000 at Celtic Park for St. Mirren (October 2019).

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

HLADKY on 20:38 - Aug 6 with 2739 viewsClutch

HLADKY on 20:33 - Aug 6 by acj

Yeah, but not in a game with a huge crowd in a real league like today. Haha.
HLADKY on 20:38 - Aug 6 with 2740 viewsBloomBlue

I would argue a few players looked similar early on, even Morsey and Luongo's distribution was lacking in that first 15-20 mins.
He's playing basically his first league game in what over a season, the team started nervous that is always going to make it a difficult start for him.
HLADKY on 21:01 - Aug 6 with 2603 viewsChrisd

He seemed to be nervous at first, which is understandable, but he grew in confidence. Took a good cross in the first half, the punch in the 2nd when he left Donacien on the ground was extremely decisive and that save with his left ankle was crucial at the death. A solid display overall.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

HLADKY on 21:06 - Aug 6 with 2562 viewstractorboy1978

Definitely, and I think that is understandable as he was absolutely woeful during his first season here. Looked totally overawed and made numerous errors.

Clean sheet and a couple of good saves will have done him the power of good. Hopefully he can build on it now.
Bar the first 20 minutes, he was very good… great with ball at feet (n/t) on 21:18 - Aug 6 with 2488 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

HLADKY on 21:37 - Aug 6 with 2401 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's a strange one.

Showed what he was known for a league 2 level. But despite KM saying he's great with ball at feet. He looked from first second like he didn't like the ball.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

HLADKY on 22:14 - Aug 6 with 2286 viewsHerbivore

He really grew into the game and hopefully that'll do his confidence the world of good. He was nervy first 20 minutes - far from the only one to be fair - but steadily got better and made some good saves and good clearances as the game went on and looked increasingly more assured with the ball at his feet as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

HLADKY on 22:23 - Aug 6 with 2232 viewswkj

Hladky made beautiful save indeed, but he did almost cause problems by turning the ball into the path of an oncoming striker. I don't want to crap on the guy, but he is going to be the villain at some point.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

HLADKY on 22:24 - Aug 6 with 2219 viewsBondiBlue

He was excellent. Top marks also to mckenna's man-management for bringing him on against exeter to get his medal. Could easily not have bothered. Showed he valued his contribution and now we really need him he knows the manager has his back.

Poll: Which would you accept?

HLADKY on 23:36 - Aug 6 with 2097 viewsSharkey

HLADKY on 20:33 - Aug 6 by acj

And 58,998 in March 2020.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024