Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation 10:21 - Jun 22 with 3284 viewsunstableblue

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/town-202324-sky-bet-championship-fixtures/

What was your first reaction?

What strikes me is that it is relentless, there are no breaks from playing big and formidable clubs. But positively there are weaker teams sprinkled in there, and every game seems to be against a significant club!!

August: Sunderland, Stoke, QPR, Leeds - QPR have been poor yes. 6 points would be huge.

Sept: Cardiff, Sheff Weds, Saints, Blackburn, Hudds…. Thank god for imploding Weds to soften that month. Colin will make Hudds a challenge. Saints might suit us with Martin making them easy on the eye but perhaps soft.

Oct: Hull, Preston, Rotherham, Bristol, Plymouth… an easier month, chance to get some points on the board… have to be beating Plymouth at home

Etc etc

So excited for this season, but man I’d probably take top ten finish and progression if offered now.

If the fans can make PR really initimidating, if we sign 3 or 4 of quality (which I expect McKenna will be backed to do*), and players like Wolf, Clarke, Chaplin step up to the league perhaps we could go higher

But this is going to be a war… cannot wait - Blue Army!!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 10:26 - Jun 22 with 2564 viewsJ2BLUE

There are some proper runs of big games aren't there? Love it.

Sorry league one but not missing you at all!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 10:31 - Jun 22 with 2541 viewsRyorry

Not afraid at all. I have every expectation that KM & our players will see it as a challenge they are well capable of meeting 👍

COYB!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 10:34 - Jun 22 with 2513 viewsiamipswich

Think largely looks manageable but for the brutal December. Was always going to have runs of tough fixtures. There's a lot of good sides in the league this year

Poll: Who will return first?

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 10:42 - Jun 22 with 2482 viewsBigCommon

I think we can go toe to toe with anyone in the Division. And, yes, we might finish on the wrong side of some fine margins now and then. But there's nothing to fear.
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 10:42 - Jun 22 with 2478 viewsLankHenners

December and April stand out as looking pretty rough, although looking at the fixtures makes it quite real how different it is from league one - no longer can you look at a group of about a dozen or so games and think there's very little risk of losing any of them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 10:56 - Jun 22 with 2402 viewsBlueNomad

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 10:42 - Jun 22 by BigCommon

I think we can go toe to toe with anyone in the Division. And, yes, we might finish on the wrong side of some fine margins now and then. But there's nothing to fear.

Agreed. We have waited years to be competitive in this division and already have a squad capable of matching just about anyone (as shown v Burnley in the Cup). Obviously we will drop more points than we did last season but I think we should relish this, not start fearing particular teams. We are all together on zero points; I look forward to the accumulation.

Let them worry about us, and the ignorant (fans) won't even know what they face.
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 11:00 - Jun 22 with 2392 viewsGeoffSentence

100 points 100 goals

By March 2nd.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 11:32 - Jun 22 with 2306 viewsVic

My first reaction was 'Whoah, this brings it home that we've taken a big step up!' And i had to scan quite a way down the list to find a game that i thought 'Yep, we should win that one!' Scary, but exciting - it's the way it should be. Really looking forward to seeing how Super Kieran and the lads acquit themselves against these much better teams.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 11:35 - Jun 22 with 2290 viewsHerbivore

I didn't feel any trepidation to be honest. Looked at the fixtures and saw lots of opportunities for us to do very well this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 11:42 - Jun 22 with 2250 viewsBiGDonnie

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 11:35 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

I didn't feel any trepidation to be honest. Looked at the fixtures and saw lots of opportunities for us to do very well this season.

Yeah, same here. I really do think we'll continue from last year and be one of the front runners this time round.

Also, people really should wait if they're going to 'worry' about certain fixtures, it's the Championship and will be full of surprises.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:04 - Jun 22 with 2164 viewstextbackup

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 11:35 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

Yep, same. We won’t win them all, but providing we keep playing this brand of football I’ll be proud

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:16 - Jun 22 with 2131 viewsDubtractor

Don't have a cow, man.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:20 - Jun 22 with 2116 viewsFunge

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 11:00 - Jun 22 by GeoffSentence

100 points 100 goals

By March 2nd.

Bloody pessimist.
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:28 - Jun 22 with 2085 viewsDaninthecampo

Happy and excited to be playing proper teams again, looking at Aug/Sep Leeds and saints have obviously just come down But haven't Sunderland,Stoke,Blackburn,Cardiff and even Huddersfield all played in the prem in the last 5 or 6 seasons?
It's going to be tough but I'm confident we'll do well
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:32 - Jun 22 with 2073 viewsReusersTown

Tbf isn't that just your typical Championship lineup, maybe slightly stronger. We wouldn't have really flinched at that 4/5 years ago. It's been so long some have just forgotten our natural level.
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:38 - Jun 22 with 2056 viewsRyorry

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 10:34 - Jun 22 by iamipswich

Think largely looks manageable but for the brutal December. Was always going to have runs of tough fixtures. There's a lot of good sides in the league this year

It's the number of games that's scary there - seven in that month.

As the 25 squad limit does include keepers (I just checked), whereas the 22 limit in L1 didn't, does that mean in effect we're only allowed a squad increase of one? Might be important to get an U21 or two in on loan and/or play our own.

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:39 - Jun 22 with 2056 viewsBigCommon

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 11:42 - Jun 22 by BiGDonnie

Yeah, same here. I really do think we'll continue from last year and be one of the front runners this time round.

Also, people really should wait if they're going to 'worry' about certain fixtures, it's the Championship and will be full of surprises.

Think both players and fans will be looking over that fixture list for a few days... But when the dust settles, I'm pretty sure that KM will be on the "one game at a time" mantra. Game by game our preparation is excellent. Served us really well on our really tough run in last season. More of the same, I recon. Take each game as it comes and see where it gets us.
We've got a really good manager and coaching staff, who can adapt and identify and solve most issues, both in game and on the training pitch..And we've got owners who are not afraid to back them. In this window and the next.
We just got to stick together during any dodgy patches. Be realistic, but optimistic.
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:47 - Jun 22 with 2022 viewsHerbivore

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:38 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

It's the number of games that's scary there - seven in that month.

As the 25 squad limit does include keepers (I just checked), whereas the 22 limit in L1 didn't, does that mean in effect we're only allowed a squad increase of one? Might be important to get an U21 or two in on loan and/or play our own.

Think we played 8 in April and won 6 of them.

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:53 - Jun 22 with 2005 viewsRyorry

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:47 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

Think we played 8 in April and won 6 of them.

Haha, you have a better memory than me!

Would be nice to carry on in the same way (or even better) this season ...

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 12:53 - Jun 22 with 2001 viewsSE1blue

Hope I’m not the only one who saw the title of this post and was momentarily excited that we were signing someone called Ay Karumba.

Was looking forward to some debate about his abilities from the FIFA23 crowd and TalkingBlues to state the deal will be done by the end of the week.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 13:22 - Jun 22 with 1919 viewsChurchman

No trepidation from me. Just excitement and really looking forward to the challenge. Also relief that we are not having to navigate Fleetwood, Cheltenham, Lincoln and FGR etc. It always felt to me that we were always on a hiding to nothing against the smaller clubs.

Even seeing the fixtures, aim high - top six. But the key word you use is progression. If we grow as a club and as a team, that’ll do me wherever we finish.
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 13:24 - Jun 22 with 1891 viewsSaigonTractor

So nice to not see Fleetwood or Accrington away isn't it?

Very tough opener but Stoke and QPR are very winnable, QPR especially. Nice to get a game at Leeds out the way early too, while they might still be shell-shocked from relegation.
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 13:51 - Jun 22 with 1819 viewsunstableblue

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 13:24 - Jun 22 by SaigonTractor

Very tough opener but Stoke and QPR are very winnable, QPR especially. Nice to get a game at Leeds out the way early too, while they might still be shell-shocked from relegation.

Isn’t it.

As I said it’s just exciting to see such a set of brilliant fixtures, against large clubs!

Agree we can take 6 points from August, and 8 is achievable. That’s 2 PPG.

We’d take that.

When I said ‘trepidation’ I’m wasn’t suggesting we’d get relegated!!! It just the reality of the tough games coming thick and fast.

And as stated if we get 3 or 4 quality players in, we can challenge the top ten, maybe play-offs.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 14:10 - Jun 22 with 1756 viewsHerbivore

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 13:51 - Jun 22 by unstableblue

Isn’t it.

As I said it’s just exciting to see such a set of brilliant fixtures, against large clubs!

Agree we can take 6 points from August, and 8 is achievable. That’s 2 PPG.

We’d take that.

When I said ‘trepidation’ I’m wasn’t suggesting we’d get relegated!!! It just the reality of the tough games coming thick and fast.

And as stated if we get 3 or 4 quality players in, we can challenge the top ten, maybe play-offs.

8 or 9 points is very achievable from those August fixtures. I'll always back us to win at PR, and QPR are rubbish. Sunderland probably the trickiest fixture but I don't think we'll go there with much fear.

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 14:25 - Jun 22 with 1705 viewsRyorry

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 13:24 - Jun 22 by SaigonTractor

I was really pleased to see that opener - nothing to lose, and a good test in one of the larger stadiums + likely big crowd.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024