Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship transfer news 23:11 - Jun 22 with 2297 viewsunstableblue

Brum have signed striker Tyler Roberts from Leeds and attacking midfielder Koji Mojoshi from Antwerp.

Birmingham have new owners and funding.

Also big news that Barnsley’s excellent coach Michael Duff has moved to Swansea.

The plot thickens

(Apologies if already posted.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 23:27 - Jun 22 with 2203 viewsunstableblue

… to the Athletic

And whilst Maddison and Harvey Barnes are expected to leave, younger real talent could stay to work with new coach… see below

I do think Maresca is going to have to have a very steep learning curve to get the challenges of the championship. But as the new Burnley coach found - and hopefully McKenna can replicate - if you stick to the principles of good technical football, you can succeed in the championship

“With his background in coaching Manchester City’s under-23s, Maresca likes to work with younger players he can mould and develop. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Luke Thomas and Hamza Choudhury will all be looking to benefit from his coaching and there will also be an opportunity for centre-back Ben Nelson, who has returned from last season’s lower-divisions loans at Rochdale and Doncaster Rovers. Maresca loves his players to be versatile, and the 19-year-old Nelson is a ball-playing defender adept at stepping into midfield.”

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Championship transfer news on 06:46 - Jun 23 with 1864 viewsGuthrum

Aha, so Duff went to Swansea, not Sheff Wed. Quite a few on OwlStalk will be disappointed/concerned about who they might actually end up with..

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 06:49 - Jun 23 with 1853 viewsGuthrum

Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 23:27 - Jun 22 by unstableblue

… to the Athletic

And whilst Maddison and Harvey Barnes are expected to leave, younger real talent could stay to work with new coach… see below

I do think Maresca is going to have to have a very steep learning curve to get the challenges of the championship. But as the new Burnley coach found - and hopefully McKenna can replicate - if you stick to the principles of good technical football, you can succeed in the championship

“With his background in coaching Manchester City’s under-23s, Maresca likes to work with younger players he can mould and develop. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Luke Thomas and Hamza Choudhury will all be looking to benefit from his coaching and there will also be an opportunity for centre-back Ben Nelson, who has returned from last season’s lower-divisions loans at Rochdale and Doncaster Rovers. Maresca loves his players to be versatile, and the 19-year-old Nelson is a ball-playing defender adept at stepping into midfield.”

Sounds like we could get some really good football played in the Champ this coming season.

Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 07:04 - Jun 23 with 1801 viewsChurchman

Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 06:49 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

Sounds like we could get some really good football played in the Champ this coming season.

I’m sure we will see some good football - alongside the usual stuff.

It’s always an interesting time of year and there’s an assumption that when clubs make changes and bring players and managers it’ll bring improvement.

As well we know, that doesn’t always work and not every new coach is better than the last. I like Michael Duff and given his success to date, he in theory should succeed at Swansea. But as with Cook here, he may be the wrong fit. Leicester’s new manager relying on younger players? Who’s to say he and they will be good enough? Probably, but there are no guarantees.

I think the stability we have at the moment is a real asset. Wherever we are standards wise against these teams, we have a good base to build on. Better that than the shambles at Leeds, no players at Plymouth and the chaos at Wednesday.

I can’t recall looking forward to a season more since the George Burley days.
Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 07:37 - Jun 23 with 1686 viewsGuthrum

Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 07:04 - Jun 23 by Churchman

I’m sure we will see some good football - alongside the usual stuff.

It’s always an interesting time of year and there’s an assumption that when clubs make changes and bring players and managers it’ll bring improvement.

As well we know, that doesn’t always work and not every new coach is better than the last. I like Michael Duff and given his success to date, he in theory should succeed at Swansea. But as with Cook here, he may be the wrong fit. Leicester’s new manager relying on younger players? Who’s to say he and they will be good enough? Probably, but there are no guarantees.

I think the stability we have at the moment is a real asset. Wherever we are standards wise against these teams, we have a good base to build on. Better that than the shambles at Leeds, no players at Plymouth and the chaos at Wednesday.

I can’t recall looking forward to a season more since the George Burley days.

I was thinking primarily about the style aspired to, given tha ages, backgrounds and mentalities of some of the managers - Maresca, McKenna, Schumacher, Duff. It may not all work out for them, but the potential for good quality football is there.

Championship transfer news on 07:42 - Jun 23 with 1661 viewsLesta_Tractor

I'd completely forgotten about Hamza Choudhury, wonder if he'll finally get a regular spot in the Leicester side

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Championship transfer news on 07:48 - Jun 23 with 1628 viewscressi

Tyler Roberts another striker who rarely scores hence why Leeds getting rid.
Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 07:52 - Jun 23 with 1590 viewscressi

Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 07:37 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

I was thinking primarily about the style aspired to, given tha ages, backgrounds and mentalities of some of the managers - Maresca, McKenna, Schumacher, Duff. It may not all work out for them, but the potential for good quality football is there.

Problem Duff will get to start with Swansea need a hundred passes to get to half way line, he will need to make them a bit more direct.
Watch Southampton have a lot of the ball but will they be toothless.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship transfer news on 07:58 - Jun 23 with 1522 viewstractordownsouth

Championship transfer news on 06:46 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

Aha, so Duff went to Swansea, not Sheff Wed. Quite a few on OwlStalk will be disappointed/concerned about who they might actually end up with..

The current bookies' favourites is Paul Ince.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 08:46 - Jun 23 with 1364 viewshomer_123

Vardy expected to stay at Leicester according… on 07:37 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

Have to say, I watched a fair bit of the Champ last season.

It was very interesting, quite a few games we not that much better in terms of style/ approach to what we saw in L1. Even from teams that were towards the middle/ top of the Championship. Some of the matches were not very easy on the eye at all.

There def were some where the football being played was very good but I'd say that was in the minority.

You maybe right that this season might be a tad different though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Championship transfer news on 08:53 - Jun 23 with 1328 viewsGeoffSentence

Championship transfer news on 07:58 - Jun 23 by tractordownsouth

The current bookies' favourites is Paul Ince.

I don't pay much attention to these sort of things, but I did notice an article sayig that Gerrard was the favourite for the job, a few days ago.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Championship transfer news on 08:58 - Jun 23 with 1289 viewsPinewoodblue

Championship transfer news on 06:46 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

Darren Moore to Barnsley anyone?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Championship transfer news on 09:12 - Jun 23 with 1219 viewsCityBlue

According to the Northern Echo, everyone is linked with everyone. Not sure who their sports reporters are but they suck.

I T I D

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024