Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation 10:21 - Jun 22 with 3324 viewsunstableblue

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/town-202324-sky-bet-championship-fixtures/

What was your first reaction?

What strikes me is that it is relentless, there are no breaks from playing big and formidable clubs. But positively there are weaker teams sprinkled in there, and every game seems to be against a significant club!!

August: Sunderland, Stoke, QPR, Leeds - QPR have been poor yes. 6 points would be huge.

Sept: Cardiff, Sheff Weds, Saints, Blackburn, Hudds…. Thank god for imploding Weds to soften that month. Colin will make Hudds a challenge. Saints might suit us with Martin making them easy on the eye but perhaps soft.

Oct: Hull, Preston, Rotherham, Bristol, Plymouth… an easier month, chance to get some points on the board… have to be beating Plymouth at home

Etc etc

So excited for this season, but man I’d probably take top ten finish and progression if offered now.

If the fans can make PR really initimidating, if we sign 3 or 4 of quality (which I expect McKenna will be backed to do*), and players like Wolf, Clarke, Chaplin step up to the league perhaps we could go higher

But this is going to be a war… cannot wait - Blue Army!!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 14:28 - Jun 22 with 678 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Bring.It.On

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 17:04 - Jun 22 with 628 viewsunstableblue

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 14:10 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

8 or 9 points is very achievable from those August fixtures. I'll always back us to win at PR, and QPR are rubbish. Sunderland probably the trickiest fixture but I don't think we'll go there with much fear.

We’ve got to make home form count as you say, fans need to make it intimidating, players need to up the energy.

Stoke at home feels a nice game to prove ourselves, they ended last season poorly. Alex Neil is a good manager but hasn’t won over fans. He’s stating transfers are incoming and before pre-season. That’s 3 points to go for.

QPR away also feels a good chance for a first away win.

Sunderland will be tough; their fans are bouncing at the moment, and the injuries that ended their season will return. And they’ll no doubt get some attacking bite - or even a return of their Man U star loanee. Tough gig. Good manager. A point is a great result.

7 points would be massive!!

Is 8 or 9 very achievable?! I hope so. Leeds game is at home, will be huge. Looks like it will be Viera! And a strong squad.

Loving your optimism Herbie… and those Stoke and QPR games could define our season. Anything form Sunderland and Leeds would be welcome and HUGE

WHAT A MONTH OF TOWN FOOTBALL

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 17:20 - Jun 22 with 619 viewslambo77

Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 17:04 - Jun 22 by unstableblue

We’ve got to make home form count as you say, fans need to make it intimidating, players need to up the energy.

Stoke at home feels a nice game to prove ourselves, they ended last season poorly. Alex Neil is a good manager but hasn’t won over fans. He’s stating transfers are incoming and before pre-season. That’s 3 points to go for.

QPR away also feels a good chance for a first away win.

Sunderland will be tough; their fans are bouncing at the moment, and the injuries that ended their season will return. And they’ll no doubt get some attacking bite - or even a return of their Man U star loanee. Tough gig. Good manager. A point is a great result.

7 points would be massive!!

Is 8 or 9 very achievable?! I hope so. Leeds game is at home, will be huge. Looks like it will be Viera! And a strong squad.

Loving your optimism Herbie… and those Stoke and QPR games could define our season. Anything form Sunderland and Leeds would be welcome and HUGE

WHAT A MONTH OF TOWN FOOTBALL

at least we've swerved plymouth for our first home game, I was really dreading that!
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 23:50 - Jun 22 with 564 viewsitfcsuth

I don’t think trepidation is the way I feel looking at it.

More an air of acknowledgment that this is undoubtedly a step up in quality, a challenge that is ahead, but a challenge I have no doubt we’ll attack head on.

If we stick to our philosophy, I’m sure we’ll have an exciting ride this season.
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 00:33 - Jun 23 with 541 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Why first reaction was that it's nice they are giving us a three week break between our final League game and the FA Cup Final.

My second thought was: but will that kill momentum and work against us?
Ay Karumba - first reactions to that fixture list are excitement and trepidation on 07:58 - Jun 23 with 495 viewstractordownsouth

The division has a lot of good teams but no great teams. The relegated sides all have big question marks, no Fulham or Norwich types who usually bounce straight back up. It'll make for a very exciting season.

If we can get into the top half that would be good progress.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024