Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious 10:40 - Mar 10 with 31266 viewssmithy69

Awful to read the Cardiff forum and to hear an Ipswich fan (amongst a group of 40) attacked a 70. Year old man leaving him hospitalised. Reading an account from his son of the details it seems truthful.

All teams have knobs following them - but a 70 year old man?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 17:30 - Mar 10 with 2747 viewsTresBonne

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 17:11 - Mar 10 by noggin

That's ok then.

Racism was acceptable for decades too.

Do you not see there is a pretty big line being crossed comparing kids doing a little gesture out of a coach window, and racism?

You sound like a teacher that goes 'if Billy told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it?' after someone's chucked a paper aeroplane and blamed it on Billy telling them to
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 17:31 - Mar 10 with 2741 viewsParky

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 16:50 - Mar 10 by noggin

Wow Parky. Explain the down vote.

Say I had a 15 year old son who was verbally and then physically attacked by somebody, I’d defend him, regardless of the ‘opponents’ age. Sorry if that’s not to your liking.

Being a pensioner doesn’t give you the right to hit people without consequence, in my opinion.

I wasn’t there so all this is said not knowing exactly what happened, but people were quick to point fingers at town fans, but when it’s [potentially] Cardiff fans, nobody cares.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 17:43 - Mar 10 with 2634 viewsnoggin

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 17:31 - Mar 10 by Parky

Say I had a 15 year old son who was verbally and then physically attacked by somebody, I’d defend him, regardless of the ‘opponents’ age. Sorry if that’s not to your liking.

Being a pensioner doesn’t give you the right to hit people without consequence, in my opinion.

I wasn’t there so all this is said not knowing exactly what happened, but people were quick to point fingers at town fans, but when it’s [potentially] Cardiff fans, nobody cares.

But surely, abusing people in the street is asking for trouble? That's fine if everyone on the bus wants trouble.

Edit: Replied to wrong post.
[Post edited 10 Mar 17:45]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 18:19 - Mar 10 with 2483 viewsgtsb1966

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 17:43 - Mar 10 by noggin

But surely, abusing people in the street is asking for trouble? That's fine if everyone on the bus wants trouble.

Edit: Replied to wrong post.
[Post edited 10 Mar 17:45]

That 3 months you disappeared was lovely. Try it again.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 18:24 - Mar 10 with 2446 viewsnoggin

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 18:19 - Mar 10 by gtsb1966

Oh you old romantic. You even counted down the days.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 18:48 - Mar 10 with 2333 viewsredrickstuhaart

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 17:31 - Mar 10 by Parky

Why would a group of teenagers be that close to an elderly man, who presumably was in a good mood having won?

Come on....
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 18:52 - Mar 10 with 2326 viewsRyorry

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 18:48 - Mar 10 by redrickstuhaart

Why would a group of teenagers be that close to an elderly man, who presumably was in a good mood having won?

Come on....

"Why would a group of teenagers be that close to an elderly man ..?"

They were all leaving the stadium, heading for the same carpark or station, at ft?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 18:57 - Mar 10 with 2285 viewsredrickstuhaart

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 18:52 - Mar 10 by Ryorry

"Why would a group of teenagers be that close to an elderly man ..?"

They were all leaving the stadium, heading for the same carpark or station, at ft?

And he randomly started being abusive and threw a punch? Whilst the teenagers who had lost a game in injury time calmly tried to ignore him....

Righto.
Login to get fewer ads

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:05 - Mar 10 with 2243 viewsITFC_Forever

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 17:17 - Mar 10 by Zx1988

Given the short fuse of a lot of football fans these days, is it acceptable to do something that might jeopardise the safety of others in the coach?

The recent incident at Burnley(?) springs to mind, when the Villa team coach got attacked with bricks.

If you want to act out and try and provoke others, then do it in an environment that won't involve those who want nothing to so with such schoolboy shenanigans.
[Post edited 10 Mar 17:18]

Not saying it’s right or wrong, but 16 yr olds going to away games on their own for the first time think they are relatively safe on the travel club coaches.

Can remember a coach window getting shot out on the way out of Leicester in 1990.

Tale as old as time that teenagers think they’re big / hard / funny giving it the big un from the travel club coaches.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:14 - Mar 10 with 2177 viewsgainsboroughblue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:05 - Mar 10 by ITFC_Forever

Not saying it’s right or wrong, but 16 yr olds going to away games on their own for the first time think they are relatively safe on the travel club coaches.

Can remember a coach window getting shot out on the way out of Leicester in 1990.

Tale as old as time that teenagers think they’re big / hard / funny giving it the big un from the travel club coaches.

Crikey. I remember that. I was on one of the other (probably 3) coaches that day.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:26 - Mar 10 with 2103 viewsRyorry

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 18:57 - Mar 10 by redrickstuhaart

And he randomly started being abusive and threw a punch? Whilst the teenagers who had lost a game in injury time calmly tried to ignore him....

Righto.

Err - excuse me, you asked “Why would a group of teenagers be that close to an elderly man ..?"

- and I gave you a straight answer. Absolutely no need to get bolshie with me.

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:49 - Mar 10 with 1977 viewsRyorry

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:26 - Mar 10 by Ryorry

Err - excuse me, you asked “Why would a group of teenagers be that close to an elderly man ..?"

- and I gave you a straight answer. Absolutely no need to get bolshie with me.

What a bizarre downvote.

Please explain why a 70 year old wouldn’t walk alongside opposition teens leaving the ground? Have done so dozens of times myself, particularly at grounds like Elland Road, where the roads are so jammed with people leaving the ground at ft that cars can’t drive through them.
[Post edited 10 Mar 19:50]

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:53 - Mar 10 with 1946 viewsredrickstuhaart

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:49 - Mar 10 by Ryorry

What a bizarre downvote.

Please explain why a 70 year old wouldn’t walk alongside opposition teens leaving the ground? Have done so dozens of times myself, particularly at grounds like Elland Road, where the roads are so jammed with people leaving the ground at ft that cars can’t drive through them.
[Post edited 10 Mar 19:50]

I think you are being difficult for no reason so will leave it there.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:53 - Mar 10 with 1945 viewsNthQldITFC

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 17:17 - Mar 10 by Zx1988

Given the short fuse of a lot of football fans these days, is it acceptable to do something that might jeopardise the safety of others in the coach?

The recent incident at Burnley(?) springs to mind, when the Villa team coach got attacked with bricks.

If you want to act out and try and provoke others, then do it in an environment that won't involve those who want nothing to so with such schoolboy shenanigans.
[Post edited 10 Mar 17:18]

The home firm could hire out one of those 'soft play' centres I suppose on the match day, and they could have at it with their soft balls and wave their little sticks at each other?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:00 - Mar 10 with 1893 viewsRyorry

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:53 - Mar 10 by redrickstuhaart

I think you are being difficult for no reason so will leave it there.

“Being difficult”????? Because I gave youa genuinely straight answer to what I THOUGHT was a genuinely straight question?? What the hell’s got into you?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:02 - Mar 10 with 1866 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 19:53 - Mar 10 by NthQldITFC

The home firm could hire out one of those 'soft play' centres I suppose on the match day, and they could have at it with their soft balls and wave their little sticks at each other?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:09 - Mar 10 with 1791 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:00 - Mar 10 by Ryorry

“Being difficult”????? Because I gave youa genuinely straight answer to what I THOUGHT was a genuinely straight question?? What the hell’s got into you?

look at you, going round answering questions! Tsk, whatever next?

(Yeah, there are a couple of main routes back to the city centre - normal stuff, roads blocked initially and then funnel onto the pavements close to where this incident took place. It was fairly busy, as you’d expect).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:12 - Mar 10 with 1775 viewsMattinLondon

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 17:09 - Mar 10 by stuyarmouthblue

Yeah I think I was in that Facebook group. It became quite a vile place. More about gangs and xenophobia.

It’s a real shame as that groups intention was to keep alive the spirit and stadiums of the past. Have to admit that some of the archive footage from FA Cup matches of the 1910s and 20s etc, which people posted on there was fantastic to watch.

Unfortunately that group became full of bell ends.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:17 - Mar 10 with 1747 viewsgainsboroughblue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:12 - Mar 10 by MattinLondon

It’s a real shame as that groups intention was to keep alive the spirit and stadiums of the past. Have to admit that some of the archive footage from FA Cup matches of the 1910s and 20s etc, which people posted on there was fantastic to watch.

Unfortunately that group became full of bell ends.

One that I've started following recently is 'goal nets and stanchions'. It's glorious.

I think I followed it on the back of a post started on here a couple or so months back.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:31 - Mar 10 with 1660 views44_not_out

Probably average around 6 or 7 away matches a season
Mainly train or car
Some helpful advice
I don’t usually wear colours…. Certainly not a shirt over a hoodie
I leave the stadium after the game and walk to car or station
Don’t have much convo or eye contact with any locals and rarely speak to them
Guess what…… in 30 years, never had any bother post match

If we get promoted, some of these wannabes in their fake clobber are in for a shock! Hopefully they might learn a lesson or two

And don’t start me off on the state of their trainers. Proper soccer casuals look after their trainers and certainly don’t wear fake clothes. These kids look like they’ve walked through a field to get to the match
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:35 - Mar 10 with 1619 viewsMattinLondon

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:17 - Mar 10 by gainsboroughblue

One that I've started following recently is 'goal nets and stanchions'. It's glorious.

I think I followed it on the back of a post started on here a couple or so months back.

I’ve followed that as well. I joined it as someone on here posted a link regarding the goal posts we had in the early 90s - the one with the smaller stanchions holding the blue nets up. (Could well be the one you referred to).

It is glorious
The pearl clutchers on here.... on 20:39 - Mar 10 with 1586 viewsKieran_Knows

The pearl clutchers on here.... on 17:15 - Mar 10 by Bloots

....were acting like 50 year olds when they were 16 though.

They used to go to football wearing tweed sports jackets, complete with corduroy elbow patches.

They never did anything childish, even when they were children.

TWTD, with the most ‘holier than thou’ posters on any forum anywhere on the internet.
[Post edited 10 Mar 21:01]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:43 - Mar 10 with 1547 viewsGlasgowBlue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 18:19 - Mar 10 by gtsb1966

In that short space of time noggin concluded that defending the deplorable [redacted] wasn’t a hill worth dying on.

As Grouch Marx once said “Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them…well, I have others.”

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:52 - Mar 10 with 1493 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:09 - Mar 10 by MattinLondon

All football hooligans are scum. They were scum in the 70s and stayed like that.

I used to be in a Facebook group about ‘lost football grounds’. Some of the photos from previous decades are great to look at. Unfortunately a lot of the posts were from ex-hooligans who banged on about clubs having ‘firms’ and having a proper ruck in proper grounds. Basic scum.

I hope that that old boy makes a full recovery and that ITFC try and find who was responsible and ban them for life.

I was on a similar group but eventually left because I got fed up with those sort of people telling everyone else how things were so much better then and reminiscing about the violence.

Yesterday is just shocking to hear about. Of course, it’s a minority but it reflects so poorly on the club and the rest of us fans.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 21:08 - Mar 10 with 1410 views_clive_baker_

Real shame to read this. Best wishes to the bloke, hope he makes a swift recovery.

As for the Town ‘fans’ responsible, fecking scumbags and I hope they get the book thrown at them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024