Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious 10:40 - Mar 10 with 31210 viewssmithy69

Awful to read the Cardiff forum and to hear an Ipswich fan (amongst a group of 40) attacked a 70. Year old man leaving him hospitalised. Reading an account from his son of the details it seems truthful.

All teams have knobs following them - but a 70 year old man?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 08:53 - Mar 12 with 2204 viewsitfcjoe

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 08:50 - Mar 12 by redrickstuhaart

Nothing to do with opinion. "need" is the operative word. If they really "need" a drink at 7am, they need medical assistance.

Notably, you have done a bait and switch here. Your example was people going on holiday and wanting to start at 7am. Not people who want a drink just to get on a flight, which is rather different and much less likely to be trouble for a cabin crew.
[Post edited 12 Mar 8:51]

No one ever "needs" a drink at any time of the day, may as well just shut all pubs wherever they are

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 09:32 - Mar 12 with 2085 viewsbluelagos

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 08:53 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

No one ever "needs" a drink at any time of the day, may as well just shut all pubs wherever they are

Couple of posters coming across as properly puritanical on the issue.

Suspect if they ever went to a Spoons for a breakie they'd be properly outraged at the sight of grown men downing a pint at 9am as happens every day much as it does in airports across the world.

Their desire to ban activities they don't approve of is quite an eye opener.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 09:45 - Mar 12 with 2040 viewsleitrimblue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 08:53 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

I enjoy a quick blast on me crack pipe before flights but puritanical airport security won't leave me in peace
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:06 - Mar 12 with 1997 viewsitfcjoe

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 09:32 - Mar 12 by bluelagos

Suspect if they ever went to a Spoons for a breakie they'd be properly outraged at the sight of grown men downing a pint at 9am as happens every day much as it does in airports across the world.

As Matt Chorley likes to remind people on Times Radio, there are still over 20% of the population who thinks night clubs should still be shut after Covid....

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:08 - Mar 12 with 1991 viewsRadlett_blue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 08:42 - Mar 12 by redrickstuhaart

No one needs a drink at that time. And people who do start at that time are likely to cause grief on the plane.

No harm at all frankly in stopping that.

Indeed, drunks on a plane are near impossible for the cabin staff to deal with as it's such an enclosed space & they have no meaningful sanction against troublemakers, beyond expensively diverting the flight somewhere & causing huge inconvenience to all the other passengers. If drunks are causing an issue in a pub, they can be ejected. If other punters don't like the noisy drunks in a bar, they can leave & go elsewhere. These options are not available on a plane. I was recently on a flight to Tenerife containing disruptive passengers, the local police were called when the plane landed & the drunks weren't bothered at all because this had happened to them before & the local authorities aren't interested in dealing with them, so nothing happens.
I am no puritan, but it's obvious that restricting the hours when alcohol can be sold at an airport might reduce the problem and I doubt many normal citizens will be too bothered about not being able to buy a drink at 8:00am. I would also get rid of the anomaly of "duty free" at airports, as often people buy this and illicity consume it on the plane, which is hard to police.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:12 - Mar 12 with 1981 viewsbluelagos

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 09:45 - Mar 12 by leitrimblue

I enjoy a quick blast on me crack pipe before flights but puritanical airport security won't leave me in peace

Japan world cup - caught an internal flight upto Niigata for one of the England match. Had taken some camping gear - including a flick knife which I forgot to put in the hold.

Is this your bag sir?
Yep.

Anything you shouldn't have?
Don't think so.

Would there be a knife in your luggage?
Course not.

Opens bag and shows me knife.
Ah, yeah, that knife...

After apologising they confiscate it and am on my way with minimal hassle (Must be my good looks). When I arrived at Niigata as I am getting off the plane an air stewardess finds me and gives me the knife back.

*For the benefit of those concerned for my liver, I can confirm no alcohol was consumed at the airport or on the flight :-)

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:18 - Mar 12 with 1965 viewsbluelagos

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:06 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

As Matt Chorley likes to remind people on Times Radio, there are still over 20% of the population who thinks night clubs should still be shut after Covid....

Can't even sit on your arse singing "oops upside your head" without someone objecting.

Quite the skill without spilling yer pint back in the day.

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:21 - Mar 12 with 1945 viewsleitrimblue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:18 - Mar 12 by bluelagos

Can't even sit on your arse singing "oops upside your head" without someone objecting.

Quite the skill without spilling yer pint back in the day.

Took a brave man to attempt to pull off Agadoo without putting yer beer down
Login to get fewer ads

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:23 - Mar 12 with 1935 viewsbluelagos

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:21 - Mar 12 by leitrimblue

Took a brave man to attempt to pull off Agadoo without putting yer beer down

Don't think Agadoo would have too happy about it though.

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:23 - Mar 12 with 1934 viewsitfcjoe

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:08 - Mar 12 by Radlett_blue

Indeed, drunks on a plane are near impossible for the cabin staff to deal with as it's such an enclosed space & they have no meaningful sanction against troublemakers, beyond expensively diverting the flight somewhere & causing huge inconvenience to all the other passengers. If drunks are causing an issue in a pub, they can be ejected. If other punters don't like the noisy drunks in a bar, they can leave & go elsewhere. These options are not available on a plane. I was recently on a flight to Tenerife containing disruptive passengers, the local police were called when the plane landed & the drunks weren't bothered at all because this had happened to them before & the local authorities aren't interested in dealing with them, so nothing happens.
I am no puritan, but it's obvious that restricting the hours when alcohol can be sold at an airport might reduce the problem and I doubt many normal citizens will be too bothered about not being able to buy a drink at 8:00am. I would also get rid of the anomaly of "duty free" at airports, as often people buy this and illicity consume it on the plane, which is hard to police.

Everyone is broadly in the airport for the same amount of time - i.e. 2 hours or so.....it makes no difference if the bar is open at 7am or 7pm, if people want to drink too much they will do.

If anything, it is the later flights that are worse as people can spend a few more hours there then.

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:25 - Mar 12 with 1919 viewsleitrimblue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:23 - Mar 12 by bluelagos

Don't think Agadoo would have too happy about it though.

He never seemed to mind. Would sometimes buy yer a pack of crisps afterwards
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:28 - Mar 12 with 1898 viewsbluelagos

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:23 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

Everyone is broadly in the airport for the same amount of time - i.e. 2 hours or so.....it makes no difference if the bar is open at 7am or 7pm, if people want to drink too much they will do.

If anything, it is the later flights that are worse as people can spend a few more hours there then.

Lets agree that sometimes drunk people behave like dickheads on flights. Surely the answer is appropriate consequences for that behaviour when it crossed a line (Airline bans/fines - whatever) rather than punishing the majority of people who have done nothing wrong?

Why stop law abiding fun loving people enjoying an early drink because of the failure of the authorities or airlines to properly police something?

Easy and lazy way out - ban something - rather than actually manage it properly.

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:47 - Mar 12 with 1862 viewsLeaky

After the Sunderland away game me & my son ( I'm 72 son is 47) got some verbal's off some kids walking over the river bridge back towards city centre. Just ignored them. However Sunderland fans told them feck off. How it should be.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:54 - Mar 12 with 1824 viewsReus30

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:28 - Mar 12 by bluelagos

Lets agree that sometimes drunk people behave like dickheads on flights. Surely the answer is appropriate consequences for that behaviour when it crossed a line (Airline bans/fines - whatever) rather than punishing the majority of people who have done nothing wrong?

Why stop law abiding fun loving people enjoying an early drink because of the failure of the authorities or airlines to properly police something?

Easy and lazy way out - ban something - rather than actually manage it properly.

It's not the alcohol thought is it?

A single person having a pint isn't going to kick off.

However, several people pissed up in a 'pack' of lads/ladettes are far more likely to kick off.

Same with this weekend, a fight doesn't happen if the Ipswich 'fan' (scum) doesn't have his gang of bitches to back him up.

Wolfpack society now.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 11:02 - Mar 12 with 1796 viewsBuhrer

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:54 - Mar 12 by Reus30

It's not the alcohol thought is it?

A single person having a pint isn't going to kick off.

However, several people pissed up in a 'pack' of lads/ladettes are far more likely to kick off.

Same with this weekend, a fight doesn't happen if the Ipswich 'fan' (scum) doesn't have his gang of bitches to back him up.

Wolfpack society now.

Very much agree with dogpack nature of these altercations but a single person pissed can defo kick off, against the entire world. I'd rather take on a small group, you can attempt to be pack leader, one angry pisshead though.... much more volatile.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 11:07 - Mar 12 with 1780 viewsRyorry

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 09:32 - Mar 12 by bluelagos

Couple of people on here a bit more fractious than usual since Saturday pm seems quite representative of "out there" really!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:33 - Mar 12 with 1640 viewsNomore4

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 11:14 - Mar 10 by woodbridge_blue

Saw a bit of a Mexican standoff at a petrol station on Sloper Road, lots of threats from both sides but nothing coming of it.

We have a lot of Stone Island youths following us who can't handle strong lager and/or cider and othersubstances...we sat near a fairly obnoxious gang on the 6.40 from Ipswich, loud and crude. One of them looked so shot away I'm convinced he can't have seen the game.

Don't really want these idiots following us.

Hope the old chap is OK.

What’s the brand Stone Island got to do with it
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:58 - Mar 12 with 1571 viewsredrickstuhaart

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:33 - Mar 12 by Nomore4

What’s the brand Stone Island got to do with it

It is often favoured by agressive morons who identify it with football violence?
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 08:05 - Mar 14 with 1146 viewsLord_Lucan

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:43 - Mar 10 by Swansea_Blue

It’s not as if the Welsh taunts, singing the National Anthem, etc., are even remotely original. Every team that comes over this way does the same every time. Too thick to think half of this lot and just come over as divvy Tommy Robinsons.

Apologies for late arrival but currently on holiday.

Point of order though. I spent a fortnight in Swansea a few years back and most nights people were singing anti English songs in the pub - without even the excuse of a sporting event.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 08:12 - Mar 14 with 1138 viewsleitrimblue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 08:05 - Mar 14 by Lord_Lucan

Point of order though. I spent a fortnight in Swansea a few years back and most nights people were singing anti English songs in the pub - without even the excuse of a sporting event.

No sporting event, but they had spent 2 weeks in your company...
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 20:52 - Mar 14 with 874 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 08:05 - Mar 14 by Lord_Lucan

I’ve not experienced that in 19 years in Swansea. How did you manage to piss them off in 2 weeks?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 21:10 - Mar 14 with 826 viewsBigalhunter

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 08:12 - Mar 14 by leitrimblue

No sporting event, but they had spent 2 weeks in your company...

Lucanworld innit?
In reality, it was probably just someone sticking ‘what’s new pussycat’ on the jukebox and having a singalong.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 21:13 - Mar 14 with 816 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 21:10 - Mar 14 by Bigalhunter

Lucanworld innit?
In reality, it was probably just someone sticking ‘what’s new pussycat’ on the jukebox and having a singalong.

Yeah, that’s not unusual

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 21:37 - Mar 14 with 766 viewsBigalhunter

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 21:13 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, that’s not unusual

Someone lets a firework off in the Leak and Dragon car park and he’ll swear he’s witnessed the torching of several English-owned holiday cottages.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024