Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? 09:40 - Feb 8 with 3406 viewsDubtractor

Our last Saturday 3pm home game was the second of December, the next is the twenty fourth of February.

That's nearly 3 months!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:42 - Feb 8 with 2865 viewsITFC_Forever

What it's like to be popular.

And it will only get worse next season no matter which division we are in.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:44 - Feb 8 with 2850 viewsitfcjoe

I don't mind anything other than the early KO, the 12:30 is just such a bad time to watch a game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:47 - Feb 8 with 2829 viewsDubtractor

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:44 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

I don't mind anything other than the early KO, the 12:30 is just such a bad time to watch a game

I was going to specifically mention that one, as agree that it is a sh1t time, for any number of reasons.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:47 - Feb 8 with 2818 viewsDubtractor

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:42 - Feb 8 by ITFC_Forever

What it's like to be popular.

And it will only get worse next season no matter which division we are in.

Yay........

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:48 - Feb 8 with 2816 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:47 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

I was going to specifically mention that one, as agree that it is a sh1t time, for any number of reasons.

The lunchtime games always have a poor atmosphere, not just our games, but those you see on tv.

In general, the home games moving around doesn't bother me, I get more annoyed with the away games when they move.

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:49 - Feb 8 with 2804 viewsurbanblue

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:44 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

Not for me Joe. 11.30 pm here so don't have to go to bed and then get up in the middle of the night although have to say the middle if the night is quite fun ...

What's winding me up is paying a subscription to watch games on Town TV and almost can't remember the last time I did!!
Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:53 - Feb 8 with 2753 viewsNBVJohn

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 09:47 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

Taking my son to Villa vs Man U on Sunday at 4.30pm.

I hate that kick off time. A total imposition.
Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 10:06 - Feb 8 with 2678 viewsOldFart71

Our football is being run by tv. Because there's very few games I wish to see I don't partake in paying for them. When Sky came in you paid one subscription and got all games. Now the so called competition is made up of around 4 different Company's, so if you want to see all games you now have to subscribe to all. Fans are being made to get up or return home at stupid o-clock just to satisfy tv. Wembley as a spectacle has been ruined by semi final games being played there. Again to satisfy the Wembley coffers. Where two teams from up North have to travel the length of the Country, when in the old days a game could be accommodated at a closer venue. So much for carbon footprint, it only applies when money is not involved or when certain people travel.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 10:14 - Feb 8 with 2629 viewsBlueschev

I like the 5:30 kick offs. I can actually get stuff done in the day after the boy's football in the morning. Hate the 12:30s. Breaks up the entire day, no atmosphere, and if I start drinking before kick of it's game over for me by about half 5 that night.
Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 10:19 - Feb 8 with 2592 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 10:06 - Feb 8 by OldFart71

Our football is being run by tv. Because there's very few games I wish to see I don't partake in paying for them. When Sky came in you paid one subscription and got all games. Now the so called competition is made up of around 4 different Company's, so if you want to see all games you now have to subscribe to all. Fans are being made to get up or return home at stupid o-clock just to satisfy tv. Wembley as a spectacle has been ruined by semi final games being played there. Again to satisfy the Wembley coffers. Where two teams from up North have to travel the length of the Country, when in the old days a game could be accommodated at a closer venue. So much for carbon footprint, it only applies when money is not involved or when certain people travel.

This ^^^ and all of it. Isn't the 'free' market such a wonderful thing?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 10:26 - Feb 8 with 2551 viewsDubtractor

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 10:19 - Feb 8 by Swansea_Blue

This ^^^ and all of it. Isn't the 'free' market such a wonderful thing?

Same thing has happened with TV streaming services.

You had Netflix, for about 7 quid a month, which was a great option. Then 'competition' steps in, and you now have Disney, amazon prime, now TV, apple TV, paramount + etc etc. Paramount in particular is bloody terrible as hardly any content on there.

Nobody is forced to use any of these services, clearly, but having umpteen services, with ever diminishing content, is rubbish for the service user.

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 12:12 - Feb 8 with 2304 viewshomer_123

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 10:26 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

You had Netflix, for about 7 quid a month, which was a great option. Then 'competition' steps in, and you now have Disney, amazon prime, now TV, apple TV, paramount + etc etc. Paramount in particular is bloody terrible as hardly any content on there.

Nobody is forced to use any of these services, clearly, but having umpteen services, with ever diminishing content, is rubbish for the service user.

And then you have Amazon dropping in Ads now unless you step in with a few more quid....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 12:15 - Feb 8 with 2294 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 10:06 - Feb 8 by OldFart71

> Fans are being made to get up or return home at stupid o-clock just to satisfy tv.

Never a truer word was spoken.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 12:19 - Feb 8 with 2262 viewsunstableblue

It is due to our success

If we were floundering mid table playing mediocre football, we wouldn’t have all the Sky changes.

Town are no longer an irrelevance.

But Dubster as you point out that is a ridiculous length of time for no home games at 3pm.

I actually don’t mind the 5.30 kick-offs, as I think it supports a good atmosphere and is under the lights.

But 12.30 is poor.

As I keep banging on about, Town fans really need to bring da noize for the WBA game - but 12.30 isn’t always conducive.
[Post edited 8 Feb 12:28]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 12:57 - Feb 8 with 2105 viewsIllinoisblue

The lunchtime games are 6:30am for me. Don’t mind them tbh. House nice and quiet. Cup of tea, bacon roll. Lovely job. Then got the rest of the day to consider getting things done.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:04 - Feb 8 with 2038 viewsITFC_Forever

Bang on cue, the Cardiff away game has moved to the Saturday lunchtime.

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:12 - Feb 8 with 1984 viewsSarge

I can’t help but think it’s time to bin the 3pm blackout.

If the idea was to protect attendances by preventing 3pm games from being broadcast, simply moving the majority of those games to a different and more inconvenient kick off time and date seems to negate that aim entirely.

I don’t know anybody who would decide against going to a game in person once they realise it will be shown on tv.
Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:15 - Feb 8 with 1961 viewsbluefunk

I don’t want to be a funsponge Dub, but at the most we’ve only got 3 Saturday games with 3pm kick offs left this season, assuming the final day games will be moved for common kick off times and TV.
Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:21 - Feb 8 with 1883 viewsronnyd

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:12 - Feb 8 by Sarge

If the idea was to protect attendances by preventing 3pm games from being broadcast, simply moving the majority of those games to a different and more inconvenient kick off time and date seems to negate that aim entirely.

I don’t know anybody who would decide against going to a game in person once they realise it will be shown on tv.

Think it's there to protect lower league and grass roots to be honest.
Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:22 - Feb 8 with 1877 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:12 - Feb 8 by Sarge

It makes a difference when choosing to go to an away game, especially for those a long way away.

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:24 - Feb 8 with 1857 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:04 - Feb 8 by ITFC_Forever

Bang on cue, the Cardiff away game has moved to the Saturday lunchtime.

Early start for travel club coaches… 5am departure?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:26 - Feb 8 with 1830 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:15 - Feb 8 by bluefunk

I don’t want to be a funsponge Dub, but at the most we’ve only got 3 Saturday games with 3pm kick offs left this season, assuming the final day games will be moved for common kick off times and TV.

Swansea (a)
Birmingham (h)
Plymouth (a)
Sheff Wed (h)
Norwich (a)
Middlesbrough (h)
Coventry (a)
Hull (a)

3 home games and 5 away at most.

And next season, we will have more games that are not 3pm Saturday than are, whichever division we are in.

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:31 - Feb 8 with 1778 viewsHelp

Yes
Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:32 - Feb 8 with 1764 viewsAlanG296

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 12:15 - Feb 8 by BasingstokeBlue

> Fans are being made to get up or return home at stupid o-clock just to satisfy tv.

Never a truer word was spoken.

It's all to satisfy the players and their parasitic agents ultimately actually.
The tv money goes to the clubs who then spend it on wages and other player related costs. I would happily go back to the days of every game starting at 3 on a Saturday or 7.45 on a Tuesday or Wednesday and highlights only on tv. Players wouldn't.
Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 13:33 - Feb 8 with 1746 viewsHelp

Anyone else getting bored with stupid kick off days/times? on 10:26 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

Remember quality not quantity?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024