Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. 10:57 - Dec 17 with 21351 viewsBloots

….in January.

Who are we thinking?

Any realistic suggestions?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:39 - Dec 17 with 3275 viewsIllinoisblue

No idea of who but assume multiple potential deals/scenarios are in place. Just hope it doesn’t get to end of Jan and we’re doing an Ahadme type deal just because.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:44 - Dec 17 with 3242 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:29 - Dec 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Whats Nixon said?

Something vague but believable like that we are ready to spend £3M fee and £15k per week on wages for a striker.

He will follow that up with someone we are linked with, stating we have paid that for someone we have signed or saying we failed.

This journalism lark is quite easy really!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That’s the budget and target…. on 12:44 - Dec 17 with 3234 viewsDarkBrandon

That’s the budget and target…. on 11:46 - Dec 17 by bluefunk

Anyone who thinks Hirst is ineffective knows sod all about football. I’m paraphrasing Connor Chaplin there. It’s ironic to hear this nonsense when in the last 5 games, he scored against Coventry and Watford and set up Chaplin for our first against Millwall,

Exactly. And his game is about *so* much more than goals he would be worth a place in our side if Chaplin, Burns and Broadhead got all the goals.
You’ll maybe need £5m and £20k a week… someone Premier potential (n/t) on 12:56 - Dec 17 with 3190 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:11 - Dec 17 with 3146 viewsbluesbrothers

Times the transfer fee by 3-5 and you’re in the right ball park of what we’re actually willing to spend.

Leif’s value seen as a huge safety net that allows us to gamble in Jan and balance in July if needs be
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:17 - Dec 17 with 3103 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:11 - Dec 17 by bluesbrothers

Times the transfer fee by 3-5 and you’re in the right ball park of what we’re actually willing to spend.

Leif’s value seen as a huge safety net that allows us to gamble in Jan and balance in July if needs be

Source?

You say a lot of things like this and never seem to back it up.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:25 - Dec 17 with 3066 viewscressi

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:17 - Dec 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Source?

To be fair we can gamble as previous post we have players worth worth money and with Ashton will get good money it is how it works
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:26 - Dec 17 with 3060 viewsVic

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:41 - Dec 17 by franz_tyson

Priority has to be a striker I would have thought. If Hirst gets injured, we would struggle big-time to replace him with what we've got. Someone like-for-like. An up-market Gassan Ahadme, perhaps.

Not sure we'd dive into CB territory without seeing how good Tuanzebe really is. If McKenna had doubts about the CB's - wouldn't he have given Tuanzebe game after game in the team by now. He's been dipped in and out. Could happen with Edmundson on his way out.

As for Hutch. He was only bought a year or so ago for 5million ( im sure ive read somewhere). He's an investment for Chelsea and I can't see them getting rid for less than 10 million or more. If we spend big - I think its got to be a ready-made player Marcus Stewart type - not a developing talent.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 11:52]

I wouldn’t be looking for another CB this window. Tuanzebe is probably (hopefully) already a step up from either Woolfie or Burgess. We also have Elkan who has looked the part in the games he’s played and I think has the ability to be a very decent standin.

I think we need to get another Hirst like striker - too much of a risk relying on him every game.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:27 - Dec 17 with 3059 viewsBigCommon

"Get me a 25yr old James Scowcroft... And do use those words.."
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:31 - Dec 17 with 3035 viewsbluesbrothers

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:17 - Dec 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Source?

I’m obviously not going to tell you that am I, and screw someone else over.

Not gonna say much more on this one but I’d also expect us to sign a RB and a certain twitter handle to have the last laugh.

Just to add I was doubted when I said Taylor had signed…
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 13:32]
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:23 - Dec 17 with 2934 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Colby Bishop

Probably take a big offer to persuade Pompey to sell him

Poll: Our final position

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:39 - Dec 17 with 2882 viewsNomore4

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:23 - Dec 17 by southnorfolkblue

Colby Bishop

Probably take a big offer to persuade Pompey to sell him

Will have to be a big transfer push come January.
We paid potential £3m for our 3rd choice keeper. Soon to be no1.
So expecting big things over coming windows.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:41 - Dec 17 with 2858 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lowe

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:51 - Dec 17 with 2827 viewsNthQldITFC

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:41 - Dec 17 by FrimleyBlue

Lowe

£5m and £25k pw?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:55 - Dec 17 with 2794 viewsFrimleyBlue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:51 - Dec 17 by NthQldITFC

£5m and £25k pw?

That'll do.

Take away who he plays for. His profile and stats look exactly what KM would look be looking for imo

Waka waka eh eh

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 15:00 - Dec 17 with 2790 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:25 - Dec 17 by cressi

To be fair we can gamble as previous post we have players worth worth money and with Ashton will get good money it is how it works

Gamble on being done for breaking FFP rules and being heavily fined with points deductions as well? I am not convinced about that!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That’s the budget and target…. on 15:04 - Dec 17 with 2766 viewsDubtractor

That’s the budget and target…. on 12:01 - Dec 17 by Garv

Chaplin created two of our best moments yesterday, the corner that led to our first goal and the Burns cross shot early on. He also laid on Burns for the second. He was our best outlet in the first half.

Not sure why people have suggested he didn't have his best game or is off from.

Absolutely he isn't off form, he is a key part of our team every game, and yesterday's performance wouldn't have merited any comment (he did some good stuff, albeit his passing radar was off), but that thread saying he had his best game for us was miles off and just got a bit of discussion going.

Re the OP - I honestly don't have enough knowledge of who is out there and a potential target, but striker is very clearly the number one position we need to strengthen to allow us a proper alternative to Hirst.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That’s the budget and target…. on 15:07 - Dec 17 with 2737 viewsFrimleyBlue

That’s the budget and target…. on 12:01 - Dec 17 by Garv

Chaplin created two of our best moments yesterday, the corner that led to our first goal and the Burns cross shot early on. He also laid on Burns for the second. He was our best outlet in the first half.

Not sure why people have suggested he didn't have his best game or is off from.

Natural feeling for some maybe as broadhead had one of his most involved games for a while so he looked the more busier of the two.

What didn't help chappers was that 10 Min spell 2nd half where he tried to play burns in 4/5 times and each time their fullback cut the ball out. It was on obvious phase of play and chappers didn't catch on that it wasn't working and kept trying it.

Waka waka eh eh

That’s the budget and target…. on 18:13 - Dec 17 with 2538 viewsbilllm

That’s the budget and target…. on 15:07 - Dec 17 by FrimleyBlue

Natural feeling for some maybe as broadhead had one of his most involved games for a while so he looked the more busier of the two.

What didn't help chappers was that 10 Min spell 2nd half where he tried to play burns in 4/5 times and each time their fullback cut the ball out. It was on obvious phase of play and chappers didn't catch on that it wasn't working and kept trying it.

I wouldn't start broadhead away from home he's pants, at home the real deal, slightly unlucky yesterday,
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 23:40 - Dec 17 with 2346 viewsJimmy86

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:02 - Dec 17 by Jimmy86

I can personally see us spending big in January, not necessarily on a striker, but maybe a centre back... Scoring goals doesn't seem to be the problem, however I think we could do with tightening up at the back a bit...

If we do sign a striker then they have to be prem ready and better than what we have...

I'll throw Amad Diallo out there, if Manure deem him worthy of going out on loan... Also wouldn't be adverse to trying to sign Hutch on a permanent deal!!
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 11:06]

Abuse reported?! For what, exactly?? Because I jokingly referred to Man united as Manure?!
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 02:06 - Dec 18 with 2243 viewsWestcountryblue

As previously mentioned in the thread, i think we'll probably end up spending a little more than that. Bottom line is, Gamechanger MUST back McKenna, as the likes of Hirst, Morsy, Luongo and Chaplin are undroppable and desperately need some support. I can see us spending upwards of 15m on 3-4 new players. I'd like to see us go for....

A striker - another all rounder who can provide serious competition to Hirst (won't be cheap !)

A Morsy successor/back up - ideally someone we can develop, but i also wouldn'y mind someone with experience and pedigree like Yokuşlu from West Brom.

Another 10 - an injury to Broadhead and/or Chaplin leaves us in uncertain territory. We need someone who can push them both. I'd like to see us test Plymouth's resolve with a 5-6m bid for Whittaker, or failing that Szmodics. Money talks and i'm sure we could prize away Whittaker.

Wouldn't be against the idea of getting a young full back on loan to cover Davis also.

Don't think we need another CB. Tuanzebe will be a key player for us in the second half of the season, and we are well stocked with adequate back up.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 07:58 - Dec 18 with 2081 viewschicoazul

Adam Armstrong
///taps nose, winks

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 08:01 - Dec 18 with 2054 viewsHerbivore

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 07:58 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Adam Armstrong
///taps nose, winks

Not going to happen.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 08:06 - Dec 18 with 2017 viewsMetal_Hacker

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 08:01 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

Not going to happen.

That name did cross for obvious reasons my worn brain cells and then I got back to reality

Poll: If it were one or the other

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 08:09 - Dec 18 with 1993 viewsHerbivore

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 08:06 - Dec 18 by Metal_Hacker

That name did cross for obvious reasons my worn brain cells and then I got back to reality

We couldn't get it done in the summer, the chances of getting it done now with the season he and Saints are having are pretty remote.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024