Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. 10:57 - Dec 17 with 21356 viewsBloots

….in January.

Who are we thinking?

Any realistic suggestions?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:17 - Dec 19 with 1428 viewstextbackup

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 15:09 - Dec 19 by Herbivore

I didn't mention £10m, mate. I'm not an expert in valuations but like you I'd make £10m more than I'd have him down as worth. Would have been thinking more like half of that.

So you didn’t, saw the red square on profile and didn’t even check the name! My bad

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:24 - Dec 19 with 1391 viewsHerbivore

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:17 - Dec 19 by textbackup

So you didn’t, saw the red square on profile and didn’t even check the name! My bad

No worries, texters lad. I'd be very happy if we got Stansfield but can't see us spending £10m on one player and hard to see how he'd be valued quite THAT highly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:34 - Dec 19 with 1365 viewsbluesbrothers

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:41 - Dec 19 by Reus30

We have to balance it because we have a great squad dynamic but I appreciate we lose a lot of players to internationals in Jan.

I like Sinclair Armstrong but he probably is aiming higher than us. I also think Dane needs more time to make an impact, I hope he gets a start soon as there is a player there.

Wouldn't mind a Zian Flemming but I generally think our squad looks strong across the board. I sense a little bit of dabbling into Europe is coming - Reuser like signing.

Why do so many ITFC fans seem to rate Sinclair Armstrong so highly?! And "he's probably aiming higher than us" seems mental to me. Bang average.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:36 - Dec 19 with 1353 viewsStokieBlue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:34 - Dec 19 by bluesbrothers

Why do so many ITFC fans seem to rate Sinclair Armstrong so highly?! And "he's probably aiming higher than us" seems mental to me. Bang average.

He was being linked with numerous PL teams earlier in the season.

What evidence are you using to form your "bang average" assessment?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:38 - Dec 19 with 1338 viewsbluesbrothers

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:36 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

He was being linked with numerous PL teams earlier in the season.

What evidence are you using to form your "bang average" assessment?

SB

Seen him play 4 times this season (live in London and been to a few QPR games) and obviously his stats.

Feel like its those saying he'd be a good that you should be asking that to, as recon they've formed the opinion on a 15 min spell against us, or the fact they've read an article linking him elsewhere (given your comment).
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:40 - Dec 19 with 1333 viewsStokieBlue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:38 - Dec 19 by bluesbrothers

Seen him play 4 times this season (live in London and been to a few QPR games) and obviously his stats.

Feel like its those saying he'd be a good that you should be asking that to, as recon they've formed the opinion on a 15 min spell against us, or the fact they've read an article linking him elsewhere (given your comment).

Fair enough.

However it's not unreasonable to say that he might be looking higher than us if he's been linked with PL teams.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 17:05 - Dec 19 with 1278 viewsJakeITFC

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 16:24 - Dec 19 by Herbivore

No worries, texters lad. I'd be very happy if we got Stansfield but can't see us spending £10m on one player and hard to see how he'd be valued quite THAT highly.

FWIW I don't think we'd spend anywhere near £10m on him either, but I expect Fulham would want a fee in that region for it to make sense for them.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 17:25 - Dec 19 with 1218 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:09 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

Letting them have Humphreys or Baggott for Bishop would be absolutely mental.

Unless it was a loan. I think it would be good for them to be playing at the top end of League 1 instead of getting very little opportunity for pitch time with us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 17:28 - Dec 19 with 1207 viewsLeoMuff

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 15:21 - Dec 19 by portmanking

It could well be as high as £5m, but it certainly won't be £10m, not for five Championship goals.

Despite the skulduggery, Ellis Simms was actually only £3.5m + add-ons for Coventry in the end and even he has Premiership goals and game time under his belt.

I would imagine Simms is a good marker for Stansfields worth, scored 7 in 17 last season compared 5 in 19, similar age, at prem clubs. Not sure how long Simms had left on his contract though.

If we can get him for 3.5m plus add on could see it happening.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 17:35 - Dec 19 with 1178 viewsHerbivore

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 17:05 - Dec 19 by JakeITFC

FWIW I don't think we'd spend anywhere near £10m on him either, but I expect Fulham would want a fee in that region for it to make sense for them.

Really? He's 21 now which is young but we're not talking child prodigy young and he's done well enough in his two loan spells but not torn it up. He's not looking like he'll be ready to push on for them in the immediate future. Think £10m seems very high even as a starting point in negotiations.

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 18:01 - Dec 19 with 1102 viewsbobbyramsey

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 17:35 - Dec 19 by Herbivore

Really? He's 21 now which is young but we're not talking child prodigy young and he's done well enough in his two loan spells but not torn it up. He's not looking like he'll be ready to push on for them in the immediate future. Think £10m seems very high even as a starting point in negotiations.

This and would he really be adequate cover for Hirst, which is what we were talking about originally?

Be a great long term signing though.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 18:03 - Dec 19 with 1097 viewsgosblue

This could be a brilliant piece of propaganda leaked by ITFC. We’ve only got a war chest of £3m so don’t go hyper-inflating the value of your strikers. Let’s not forget, until we are promoted, speculation in the transfer market is just that, speculation. It’s what got Derby, Bolton and many others in trouble.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 19:08 - Dec 19 with 990 viewsJakeITFC

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 17:35 - Dec 19 by Herbivore

They love him there, have given him two new deals in the last 18 months and as mentioned above he's now featuring for England U21s. I don't really see a scenario where offloading him cheaply makes sense for them.

Whilst Simms/Cannon/Hirst maybe the right fees for comparison, I just don't think that Fulham are in a position that they are worried about offloading him (and therefore the market rate isn't necessarily their selling price).
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 20:34 - Dec 19 with 839 viewsHerbivore

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 19:08 - Dec 19 by JakeITFC

They love him there, have given him two new deals in the last 18 months and as mentioned above he's now featuring for England U21s. I don't really see a scenario where offloading him cheaply makes sense for them.

Whilst Simms/Cannon/Hirst maybe the right fees for comparison, I just don't think that Fulham are in a position that they are worried about offloading him (and therefore the market rate isn't necessarily their selling price).

Not sure anything north of £2.5m would count as offloading him cheaply. I get the point that they may not be motivated to sell but they're having a good season and look set to be in the Prem for a few seasons and he doesn't look close to breaking through there really. They aren't Everton who stockpile players to the age of 23 or 24 for no obvious reason. Just think £10m is a bit pie in the sky, I'd think somewhere around £4m plus add ons would be a tempting offer.

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 20:46 - Dec 19 with 796 viewsKieran_Knows

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 19:08 - Dec 19 by JakeITFC

Wonder if Charlie Turnbull would’ve come across him from their time at Fulham as well. Might help our cause as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024