Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. 10:57 - Dec 17 with 21441 viewsBloots

….in January.

Who are we thinking?

Any realistic suggestions?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:17 - Dec 19 with 1735 viewsVaughan8

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 22:31 - Dec 18 by portmanking

One of the main targets is someone who played in the Brum Vs Leicester game tonight...

Jutkiewicz?
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:19 - Dec 19 with 1715 viewsitfcjoe

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:12 - Dec 19 by Herbivore

Although can't imagine Fulham or he would want to do that to send him somewhere where he'll play fewer minutes than he's playing at Brum.

Last night he was playing up top on his own in a 451, don't think he fits what Rooney wants.

Getting to an upwardly mobile club would be a good move for him, and we'd obviously prefer a permanent deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:21 - Dec 19 with 1699 viewsHerbivore

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:19 - Dec 19 by itfcjoe

Last night he was playing up top on his own in a 451, don't think he fits what Rooney wants.

Getting to an upwardly mobile club would be a good move for him, and we'd obviously prefer a permanent deal

If we can do it on a permanent that'd be great, I do just wonder if it works for anyone for him to leave Brum to come here on loan though. He looks versatile enough to deputise for Hirst and to be a Broadhead type option as well. I'd be in favour if we could get it done. Shame Tom Cannon went to Leicester to rot on their bench, think he'd have been a good option for us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:41 - Dec 19 with 1618 viewsReus30

We have to balance it because we have a great squad dynamic but I appreciate we lose a lot of players to internationals in Jan.

I like Sinclair Armstrong but he probably is aiming higher than us. I also think Dane needs more time to make an impact, I hope he gets a start soon as there is a player there.

Wouldn't mind a Zian Flemming but I generally think our squad looks strong across the board. I sense a little bit of dabbling into Europe is coming - Reuser like signing.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:43 - Dec 19 with 1610 viewschicoazul

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:17 - Dec 19 by Vaughan8

Jutkiewicz?

Mick tried to sign him ten years ago

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:46 - Dec 19 with 1586 viewstractorboy1978

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:19 - Dec 19 by itfcjoe

I guess it ultimately depends how Fulham rate him/see him in the medium term. If we offer a decent chunk of change in January, they might decide to cash in now if they don't see him breaking into their first team anytime soon. He looks more of a 10 than a 9 for us to me though.

I don't know where I'd start with valuing him.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:50 - Dec 19 with 1577 viewsportmanking

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:46 - Dec 19 by tractorboy1978

I guess it ultimately depends how Fulham rate him/see him in the medium term. If we offer a decent chunk of change in January, they might decide to cash in now if they don't see him breaking into their first team anytime soon. He looks more of a 10 than a 9 for us to me though.

I don't know where I'd start with valuing him.

Yep, it is Stansfield.

KMac and Stansfield had discussions in the summer of 2022 but heart ruled Stansfield's head that time. There's a mutual respect there and they're keen to bring him in permanently. It's hard to see Fulham nurturing him into their starting XI given the must-win pressures of the PL. He's seen as a hybrid of Chappers and Hirst - someone who can do a bit of the 9 or 10 role.

We've a VERY good relationship with his agent too.

£3m-£4m with promotion incentives gets it done IMO.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 12:51]
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:00 - Dec 19 with 1509 viewstcblue

Anyone seen his missus covering Coppinger's wife's shift at the hospital?
Login to get fewer ads

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:40 - Dec 19 with 1399 viewsJakeITFC

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:50 - Dec 19 by portmanking

Yep, it is Stansfield.

KMac and Stansfield had discussions in the summer of 2022 but heart ruled Stansfield's head that time. There's a mutual respect there and they're keen to bring him in permanently. It's hard to see Fulham nurturing him into their starting XI given the must-win pressures of the PL. He's seen as a hybrid of Chappers and Hirst - someone who can do a bit of the 9 or 10 role.

I'd be surprised (but delighted) if we could get it done at that price - I was assuming north of £10m.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:02 - Dec 19 with 1327 viewstractorboy1978

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 13:40 - Dec 19 by JakeITFC

I'd be surprised (but delighted) if we could get it done at that price - I was assuming north of £10m.

I guess he has no track record of scoring goals yet and won't be attracting the interest of parachute clubs. Very similar record to that which Broadhead had at Wigan during the first half of last season. Think he could prove to be a great buy at the sort of price mentioned though. Looks a very McKenna player.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:03 - Dec 19 with 1324 viewsdirtyboy

I'd take Stansfield in a heartbeat.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:05 - Dec 19 with 1314 viewsportmanking

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:02 - Dec 19 by tractorboy1978

I guess he has no track record of scoring goals yet and won't be attracting the interest of parachute clubs. Very similar record to that which Broadhead had at Wigan during the first half of last season. Think he could prove to be a great buy at the sort of price mentioned though. Looks a very McKenna player.

As you say, he's shown glimpses of quality at this level, but not quite blown up just yet. All of which puts a ceiling on his market value IMO.

Transfermarkt (which isn't as inaccurate as some think) rate him at £2.25m, but he's definitely worth more than that given his lengthy Fulham contract.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 14:06]
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:34 - Dec 19 with 1223 viewsStokieBlue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:05 - Dec 19 by portmanking

As you say, he's shown glimpses of quality at this level, but not quite blown up just yet. All of which puts a ceiling on his market value IMO.

Transfermarkt (which isn't as inaccurate as some think) rate him at £2.25m, but he's definitely worth more than that given his lengthy Fulham contract.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 14:06]

I think the numbers on there are utter bobbins.

Here is a good example:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/schnellsuche/ergebnis/schnellsuche?query=leif+da

Ridiculous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:35 - Dec 19 with 1213 viewstextbackup

Am I thinking of the same player, was at Exeter last season?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:38 - Dec 19 with 1201 viewsStokieBlue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:35 - Dec 19 by textbackup

Am I thinking of the same player, was at Exeter last season?

Yes, I think mainly for sentimental reasons as his dad played for Exeter and he's unfortunately no longer with us.

He also scored the first goal for Brum against us earlier in the season.

SB

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:45 - Dec 19 with 1146 viewsHerbivore

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:34 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

Here is a good example:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/schnellsuche/ergebnis/schnellsuche?query=leif+da

Ridiculous.

SB

£2m for Leif Davis? I'll take ten please.

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:48 - Dec 19 with 1122 viewsWestcountryblue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:50 - Dec 19 by portmanking

Yep, it is Stansfield.

Would be a great signing, with a lot of room to develop and increase his value. Classic Ashton signing.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:51 - Dec 19 with 1118 viewstextbackup

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:38 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

Yes, I think mainly for sentimental reasons as his dad played for Exeter and he's unfortunately no longer with us.

He also scored the first goal for Brum against us earlier in the season.

SB

Yeah had heard about his dad…

My main ask was really about the £10m price tag Herbivore mentioned.

I think he’s a good player, but I’d not think to the tune of £10m (yet! Maybe once he has my McKenna coaching of course!)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:56 - Dec 19 with 1098 viewsJakeITFC

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:51 - Dec 19 by textbackup

I think he’s a good player, but I’d not think to the tune of £10m (yet! Maybe once he has my McKenna coaching of course!)

More age and profile than anything he's done to date - he signed a new long-term contract before being loaned out by Fulham, has 1.5 seasons of EFL football under his belt and is a England youth regular - I just don't see why Fulham would sell him for anything that resembled cheap (without a significant sell-on or a buyback).
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 15:01 - Dec 19 with 1079 viewsStokieBlue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:56 - Dec 19 by JakeITFC

More age and profile than anything he's done to date - he signed a new long-term contract before being loaned out by Fulham, has 1.5 seasons of EFL football under his belt and is a England youth regular - I just don't see why Fulham would sell him for anything that resembled cheap (without a significant sell-on or a buyback).

He's got U21 caps as well now.

Fulham don't really need to sell, can't see it being less than 5m with top-ups really.

SB

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 15:09 - Dec 19 with 1057 viewsHerbivore

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:51 - Dec 19 by textbackup

I didn't mention £10m, mate. I'm not an expert in valuations but like you I'd make £10m more than I'd have him down as worth. Would have been thinking more like half of that.

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 15:21 - Dec 19 with 1002 viewsportmanking

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 15:09 - Dec 19 by Herbivore

I didn't mention £10m, mate. I'm not an expert in valuations but like you I'd make £10m more than I'd have him down as worth. Would have been thinking more like half of that.

It could well be as high as £5m, but it certainly won't be £10m, not for five Championship goals.

Despite the skulduggery, Ellis Simms was actually only £3.5m + add-ons for Coventry in the end and even he has Premiership goals and game time under his belt.
That’s the budget and target…. on 15:26 - Dec 19 with 966 viewsFranzgumm

That’s the budget and target…. on 11:06 - Dec 17 by Bloots

….being reported today.

Sounds about right to me.

Hirst can’t do it on his own, Ladapo isn’t up to it and Scarlett is a different type of player.

Yes. A striker is an absolute priority. If Hirst picked up an injury we would be boogered.

Who we could go for is another matter. There aren't loads of easily signable options out there. Every team is looking for an effective striker, who can lead the line, create chances and take them when called upon. They do not come cheap.

RIP Sir Bobby
Blog: [Blog] Where Has It All Gone Wrong?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 15:30 - Dec 19 with 935 viewsitfcjoe

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 14:34 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

Here is a good example:

Ridiculous.

SB

It's easy to find individual numbers on there that aren't right, but generally it's pretty good and mirrors up with a lot of deals when they do actually happen - was a big study into it with regards to Saudi clubs over paying for fees when it turned out that the league that was still over paying fee wise was the PL

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 15:30 - Dec 19 with 930 viewstractorboy1978

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 15:01 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

He's got U21 caps as well now.

Fulham don't really need to sell, can't see it being less than 5m with top-ups really.

SB

All depends where they see him and how much they really rate him doesn't it? Football is littered with examples of players that peaked at 21/22. They might see getting an offer of £3m-£4m with extra top ups/sell on as a good point to sell.

We had this type of debate ourselves re Idris in the summer didn't we?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 15:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024