Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy tweet 10:47 - Oct 9 with 15270 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm not gonna pretend I understand what's happening completely. But can tell by the replies that this isn't an overly popular tweet.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Morsy tweet on 10:53 - Oct 9 with 8437 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sam is a vocal supporter of Palestinian rights. Which is absolutely fine, and as a Muslim completely understandable.

But I think it is ill advised to retweet just a day after so many innocents were slaughtered.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Morsy tweet on 10:56 - Oct 9 with 8376 viewsZapers

Silly boy, he risks being alienated by some people, and that is the last thing the club needs.
Morsy tweet on 11:03 - Oct 9 with 8245 viewsSharkey

It wasn't up for long, was it?
Morsy tweet on 11:04 - Oct 9 with 8225 viewsdirtyboy

Palestine and Israel is a hugely complex situation, so will be difficult to form a response other than a reactionary one.

However, when civilians are murdered and paradaded around the streets by Hamas (this particular one reported to be a German National) it's going to be difficult to foster a any Western sympathy towards freeing Palestine.

Sad that religion is once again a driver for conflict.
Morsy tweet on 11:06 - Oct 9 with 8172 viewsSitfcB

Morsy tweet on 10:53 - Oct 9 by GlasgowBlue

Sam is a vocal supporter of Palestinian rights. Which is absolutely fine, and as a Muslim completely understandable.

But I think it is ill advised to retweet just a day after so many innocents were slaughtered.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Morsy tweet on 11:08 - Oct 9 with 8129 viewsGlasgowBlue

Morsy tweet on 11:06 - Oct 9 by SitfcB

Morsy weighing in by GlasgowBlue 9 Oct 2023 11:06
It’s the timing.

We all support Ukraine against the butchery of Putin’s invasion. We’ve all at some time put up the “I Stand With Ukraine “ memes and had a Ukrainian flags as avatars.

Now imagine that tomorrow, Zelensky sends in special ops across the Russian border. They murder nearly 300 innocent Russians at a rock concert. Then go door to door murdering women and children. Gang rapping women and uploading the scenes to the relatives and friends of the victims on Facebook.

Anyone in here going to put up and “I Stand With Ukraine” meme or have a Ukrainian flag as an avatar just 24 hours later?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ill judged and exemplifies why Twittex is fooking awful on 11:09 - Oct 9 with 8124 viewsDyland

It's also ill advised to judge Morsy (or indeed anyone/thing else) on Twittex posts in isolation.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Morsy tweet on 11:10 - Oct 9 with 8102 viewsitfcjoe

He retweeted this the other day as well, I don't like the whole "stick to x" which is said to famous people who go outside their lane, but think he may need to be more careful

"Zinchenko spent 2 whole years crying about illegal occupation and killing of Ukrainians by Russians, only to then turn around and publicly supports Israel in their illegal occupation of Palestinian lands and killing of women and children. Stupid hypocrite"

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy tweet on 11:10 - Oct 9 with 8072 viewsSitfcB

Morsy tweet on 11:08 - Oct 9 by GlasgowBlue

Morsy weighing in by GlasgowBlue 9 Oct 2023 11:06
It’s the timing.

We all support Ukraine against the butchery of Putin’s invasion. We’ve all at some time put up the “I Stand With Ukraine “ memes and had a Ukrainian flags as avatars.

Now imagine that tomorrow, Zelensky sends in special ops across the Russian border. They murder nearly 300 innocent Russians at a rock concert. Then go door to door murdering women and children. Gang rapping women and uploading the scenes to the relatives and friends of the victims on Facebook.

Anyone in here going to put up and “I Stand With Ukraine” meme or have a Ukrainian flag as an avatar just 24 hours later?

Sorry, hadn’t seen there was another thread.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ill judged and exemplifies why Twittex is fooking awful on 11:14 - Oct 9 with 7981 viewsZapers

Ill judged and exemplifies why Twittex is fooking awful on 11:09 - Oct 9 by Dyland

It's also ill advised to judge Morsy (or indeed anyone/thing else) on Twittex posts in isolation.

Why is it ill advised? What other conclusion are you meant to reach when just a few hours before the tweet, so many innocent people were slaughtered.
Morsy tweet on 11:16 - Oct 9 with 7945 viewsjayessess

Sadly, what is and isn't "ill-advised" at any given point is rather unjustly distributed. Almost every significant politician has put out some sort of declaration that they "Stand with Israel" over the last few days. No one will require them to apologise for everything that the Israeli armed forces have done or will do over the next few days.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ill judged and exemplifies why Twittex is fooking awful on 11:19 - Oct 9 with 7912 viewsdirtyboy

Ill judged and exemplifies why Twittex is fooking awful on 11:09 - Oct 9 by Dyland

Indeed, the character limit alone forces poor ability to pose reasoned and thoughtful statements.

I don't think 'Free Palestine' is a great statement in itself either though as what do you do with Israel?
I hear you and don't disagree per se on 11:20 - Oct 9 with 7880 viewsDyland

Ill judged and exemplifies why Twittex is fooking awful on 11:14 - Oct 9 by Zapers

Why is it ill advised? What other conclusion are you meant to reach when just a few hours before the tweet, so many innocent people were slaughtered.

Also, 'ii-advised' was a bad choice of term, sorry.

I just think it exemplifies how sh1t social media is cos it's too easy to push the button without thinking through all the consequences, and people are judged far too easily or simplistically.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ill judged and exemplifies why Twittex is fooking awful on 11:23 - Oct 9 with 7828 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ill judged and exemplifies why Twittex is fooking awful on 11:19 - Oct 9 by dirtyboy

Indeed, the character limit alone forces poor ability to pose reasoned and thoughtful statements.

I don't think 'Free Palestine' is a great statement in itself either though as what do you do with Israel?

Character limit isn't that low tho.
I just tested it and it goes way beyond 20 words.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I hear you and don't disagree per se on 11:24 - Oct 9 with 7783 viewsZapers

I hear you and don't disagree per se on 11:20 - Oct 9 by Dyland

Also, 'ii-advised' was a bad choice of term, sorry.

I just think it exemplifies how sh1t social media is cos it's too easy to push the button without thinking through all the consequences, and people are judged far too easily or simplistically.

Fair enough, and yes i agree about social media.
Morsy tweet on 11:32 - Oct 9 with 7654 viewsKievthegreat

Morsy tweet on 11:03 - Oct 9 by Sharkey

It wasn't up for long, was it?

It's still up when I checked 30 seconds ago.
Morsy tweet on 11:33 - Oct 9 with 7645 viewstractorboy1978

Morsy tweet on 11:16 - Oct 9 by jayessess

Sadly, what is and isn't "ill-advised" at any given point is rather unjustly distributed. Almost every significant politician has put out some sort of declaration that they "Stand with Israel" over the last few days. No one will require them to apologise for everything that the Israeli armed forces have done or will do over the next few days.

Also, it's very easy to let a narrative build up that goes unchecked. I doubt the majority of the population have much idea re the decades of history of the Gaza conflict. So people see recent events and form a less than researched or balanced conclusion.

Whilst you need to do it sensibly and with some thought, people that are pro-Palestine should be able to express their views openly without condoning the events of recent days.
Morsy tweet on 12:40 - Oct 9 with 7249 viewsBlueNomad

Morsy tweet on 11:33 - Oct 9 by tractorboy1978

Also, it's very easy to let a narrative build up that goes unchecked. I doubt the majority of the population have much idea re the decades of history of the Gaza conflict. So people see recent events and form a less than researched or balanced conclusion.

Whilst you need to do it sensibly and with some thought, people that are pro-Palestine should be able to express their views openly without condoning the events of recent days.

The historical context is so important.
Morsy tweet on 13:23 - Oct 9 with 7011 viewsIllinoisblue

Morsy tweet on 10:56 - Oct 9 by Zapers

Silly boy, he risks being alienated by some people, and that is the last thing the club needs.

There will be no winners in this conflict but more generally I like it when we see the “other side” of footballers beyond the “thanks for the great support, we go again” messages. They are human and are allowed opinions.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Morsy tweet on 13:57 - Oct 9 with 6850 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

While in a war people understand the loss of life between two military targets. However, as widely reported, this wasn’t an act of war between two armies or soldiers. This was purposefully massacring people going out and about their daily lives in an act of hatred and evil. I don't care what the cause is. It is evil. Morsy is a grown adult and knows the difference, he knows what has been widely reported and shown, yet chose to tweet that after knowing exactly what happened there. I will let that sink in. I may be unpopular for saying this, but for me that’s Morsy off, I am not his employer, but if I were, he'd probably be sacked. Being a Muslim doesn’t excuse it, imagine if a Christian player had posted something pro-Christian or nationalist the morning of the Bervik shootings in Norway? He wouldn’t play again, would he?

I am sorry Sam, you aren’t fit to captain this club any longer. I don’t think he should play here any longer either. Totally shocking to be honest. Just because he plays for Ipswich, doesn't give him a pass for posting that the day after a ttack on innocent people either. It is wrong.

We have plenty of midfield options to work with now anyway.
Morsy tweet on 13:58 - Oct 9 with 6816 viewsbaxterbasics

Love him but yes - disappointing.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

[Redacted] on 14:20 - Oct 9 with 6670 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Morsy tweet on 14:20 - Oct 9 with 6662 viewsmarshland

Morsy tweet on 13:57 - Oct 9 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

While in a war people understand the loss of life between two military targets. However, as widely reported, this wasn’t an act of war between two armies or soldiers. This was purposefully massacring people going out and about their daily lives in an act of hatred and evil. I don't care what the cause is. It is evil. Morsy is a grown adult and knows the difference, he knows what has been widely reported and shown, yet chose to tweet that after knowing exactly what happened there. I will let that sink in. I may be unpopular for saying this, but for me that’s Morsy off, I am not his employer, but if I were, he'd probably be sacked. Being a Muslim doesn’t excuse it, imagine if a Christian player had posted something pro-Christian or nationalist the morning of the Bervik shootings in Norway? He wouldn’t play again, would he?

I am sorry Sam, you aren’t fit to captain this club any longer. I don’t think he should play here any longer either. Totally shocking to be honest. Just because he plays for Ipswich, doesn't give him a pass for posting that the day after a ttack on innocent people either. It is wrong.

I understand the reason for his support for Palestine, although at present its difficult for any objective person to support him, but they are his views and he is fortunate enough to be in a country where he can express them freely. What I always find surprising is that the general public seems to listen to and often adopt the views of celebrities even when they clash with those of experts. I value greatly the views of Sam on football and would take those views very seriously but for views on the rights and wrongs of Israel/Palestine his views are no more important or likely to be correct than mine or any of those expressed on this forum. I feel exactly the same about those expressed by movie stars, pop stars, pundits etc etc.
Morsy tweet on 14:26 - Oct 9 with 6579 viewsitfcjoe

The situation is obviously far more complicated than Brevik shooting people in the name of Christianity - this was a military operation as part of an ongoing war effectively

I don't think Morsy should be tweeting about it at this time and have stated that, but your reaction is ludicrously OTT

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Morsy tweet on 14:40 - Oct 9 with 6484 viewsN2_Blue

Comparing his support to Palestine to support of Christianity in the name of the Brevik shooting is just dumb.

Morsy hasn't tweeted anything wrong, timing is a bit off and perhaps not advisable in current climate yet you want someone sacked for that.

Perhaps better to have an understanding of things fully before you ask for someone to lose their job and not make dumb comparisons. I find that more shocking than Morsy's tweet so can we sack (stop) you from posting on TWTD?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024