Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy tweet 10:47 - Oct 9 with 15564 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm not gonna pretend I understand what's happening completely. But can tell by the replies that this isn't an overly popular tweet.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Morsy tweet on 14:51 - Oct 9 with 2895 viewsReus30

What is probably more concerning than some words on 'X', is that more people are offended by this tweet then offended by the actions and conflict that will soon be approaching our doorstep. I am desperately concerned this is going to effect multiple regions. Someone mentioned London, Manchester, Brighton on the other post - this will just spill over horrendously globally I fear. As if there isn't enough death, discrimination and despair in the world...

As much as I love him as ITFC captain, I don't really care what he posts on SM or anyone for that matter. If we put user's posts on here up (including my dumb ones), sometimes it won't show us in the greatest light. Doesn't mean he needs be cast as a villain or bad person.
I just think we need to ban SM all together. And don't get me started on the media spin of it all... I am trying to get unbiased updates and relying on reddit ffs.
Morsy tweet on 14:58 - Oct 9 with 2840 viewsGlasgowBlue

Morsy tweet on 13:57 - Oct 9 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

While in a war people understand the loss of life between two military targets. However, as widely reported, this wasn’t an act of war between two armies or soldiers. This was purposefully massacring people going out and about their daily lives in an act of hatred and evil. I don't care what the cause is. It is evil. Morsy is a grown adult and knows the difference, he knows what has been widely reported and shown, yet chose to tweet that after knowing exactly what happened there. I will let that sink in. I may be unpopular for saying this, but for me that’s Morsy off, I am not his employer, but if I were, he'd probably be sacked. Being a Muslim doesn’t excuse it, imagine if a Christian player had posted something pro-Christian or nationalist the morning of the Bervik shootings in Norway? He wouldn’t play again, would he?

I am sorry Sam, you aren’t fit to captain this club any longer. I don’t think he should play here any longer either. Totally shocking to be honest. Just because he plays for Ipswich, doesn't give him a pass for posting that the day after a ttack on innocent people either. It is wrong.

We have plenty of midfield options to work with now anyway.

I think that response is completely over the top.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Morsy tweet on 15:08 - Oct 9 with 2791 viewsN2_Blue

Morsy tweet on 14:51 - Oct 9 by Reus30

What is probably more concerning than some words on 'X', is that more people are offended by this tweet then offended by the actions and conflict that will soon be approaching our doorstep. I am desperately concerned this is going to effect multiple regions. Someone mentioned London, Manchester, Brighton on the other post - this will just spill over horrendously globally I fear. As if there isn't enough death, discrimination and despair in the world...

As much as I love him as ITFC captain, I don't really care what he posts on SM or anyone for that matter. If we put user's posts on here up (including my dumb ones), sometimes it won't show us in the greatest light. Doesn't mean he needs be cast as a villain or bad person.
I just think we need to ban SM all together. And don't get me started on the media spin of it all... I am trying to get unbiased updates and relying on reddit ffs.

Social media, absolute scourge of society. We are absolutely in a worse place for it

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Morsy tweet on 15:09 - Oct 9 with 2785 viewsBlueNomad

While in a war people understand the loss of life between two military targets. However, as widely reported, this wasn’t an act of war between two armies or soldiers. This was purposefully massacring people going out and about their daily lives in an act of hatred and evil. I don't care what the cause is. It is evil. Morsy is a grown adult and knows the difference, he knows what has been widely reported and shown, yet chose to tweet that after knowing exactly what happened there. I will let that sink in. I may be unpopular for saying this, but for me that’s Morsy off, I am not his employer, but if I were, he'd probably be sacked. Being a Muslim doesn’t excuse it, imagine if a Christian player had posted something pro-Christian or nationalist the morning of the Bervik shootings in Norway? He wouldn’t play again, would he?

I am sorry Sam, you aren’t fit to captain this club any longer. I don’t think he should play here any longer either. Totally shocking to be honest. Just because he plays for Ipswich, doesn't give him a pass for posting that the day after a ttack on innocent people either. It is wrong.

Ridiculous
Morsy tweet on 15:16 - Oct 9 with 2755 viewsCornette

Nuttier than a rainbow trout in a car wash.

It's triple cheese, extra cheese, mayo, pickles, onions ONLY, large fry, with a Sprite, you dumb bitch!

Morsy tweet on 15:27 - Oct 9 with 2712 viewsglasso

Morsy tweet on 11:16 - Oct 9 by jayessess

Sadly, what is and isn't "ill-advised" at any given point is rather unjustly distributed. Almost every significant politician has put out some sort of declaration that they "Stand with Israel" over the last few days. No one will require them to apologise for everything that the Israeli armed forces have done or will do over the next few days.

I'm not sure about that. I think there's about to be an absolute sh**storm of people backtracking and flinging abuse at each other, no matter which side you claim to be on.

The problem is that innocent civilians ARE about to be killed by Israel, in their retaliation strikes - whether that's by accident or not.

The trouble with Hamas is that they speak directly to people's fears. Whatever you believe about that conflict, and who's right or wrong, it seems to be more palatable to Westerners to see bombs from miles away (or airstrikes), by people in 'proper Army uniforms', that 'accidentally' kill civilians. That's what happens in a traditional war.

But when we see 'normal people' (i.e. not what we think of as soldiers, in uniform), wearing balaclavas and doing terrible things to innocent people and celebrating it, it stirs up very different feelings - maybe because it's just like ISIS, or maybe because it's so alien to what we see as war in the West...

And then to see people who are ostensibly Westerners - people like Morsy who live here - seemingly being OK with what they've seen, it's quite jarring.

Not saying I necessarily agree to that viewpoint, by the way, but I think that's often what happens
Morsy tweet on 15:44 - Oct 9 with 2642 viewsXYZ

Morsy tweet on 15:27 - Oct 9 by glasso

I'm not sure about that. I think there's about to be an absolute sh**storm of people backtracking and flinging abuse at each other, no matter which side you claim to be on.

The problem is that innocent civilians ARE about to be killed by Israel, in their retaliation strikes - whether that's by accident or not.

The trouble with Hamas is that they speak directly to people's fears. Whatever you believe about that conflict, and who's right or wrong, it seems to be more palatable to Westerners to see bombs from miles away (or airstrikes), by people in 'proper Army uniforms', that 'accidentally' kill civilians. That's what happens in a traditional war.

But when we see 'normal people' (i.e. not what we think of as soldiers, in uniform), wearing balaclavas and doing terrible things to innocent people and celebrating it, it stirs up very different feelings - maybe because it's just like ISIS, or maybe because it's so alien to what we see as war in the West...

And then to see people who are ostensibly Westerners - people like Morsy who live here - seemingly being OK with what they've seen, it's quite jarring.

Not saying I necessarily agree to that viewpoint, by the way, but I think that's often what happens

That's quite the accusation thrown at Morsy there.

He's condemned terrorists/ ism and expressed support for Palestinians - not support for Hamas.
Morsy tweet on 15:57 - Oct 9 with 2583 viewsCrockerITFC

Personally I find it a bit crass that people feel entitled to tell other people what they can and can't say just because they have a different point of view to them. Morsy is entitled to his free speech, he has clarified his position to say he doesn't condone terrorism, so this is being blown out of proportion. Anyone who is getting upset over Morsy's post needs to realise that Hamas and Palestine are two separate things.

Edit - and I'm Jewish by the way
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 15:58]
Login to get fewer ads

Morsy tweet on 15:58 - Oct 9 with 2577 viewsLion

Firstly heartfelt sympathies to innocent victims on all sides.
Beyond that, we are Ipswich Town FC, we are as one regardless of nationalities, religion, gender, sexuality, disabilities etc. I support Sam's right to have his own views on anything he wants. Up the farkin Town.

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Morsy tweet on 16:01 - Oct 9 with 2563 viewsNthQldITFC

All that (utterly transparent) rehabilitation work you did, burned, just like that. Very bad choice.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Morsy tweet on 16:10 - Oct 9 with 2514 viewsCrockerITFC

I'm guessing this is a joke post considering you still have Morsy's picture as your avatar
Morsy tweet on 16:14 - Oct 9 with 2501 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

delusional nonsense
Morsy tweet on 17:06 - Oct 9 with 2375 viewsSitfcB

Blub.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Morsy tweet on 17:24 - Oct 9 with 2324 viewsglasso

Morsy tweet on 15:44 - Oct 9 by XYZ

That's quite the accusation thrown at Morsy there.

He's condemned terrorists/ ism and expressed support for Palestinians - not support for Hamas.

He condemned terrorists after being prompted. That's the point. If you watch hundreds of innocent people being slaughtered in the streets and your first thought is that you should take to Twitter and tell everybody you're on the *other* side without a single word for the victims, then it's a bit naive and daft at best.

I don't particularly mind. I get why he feels that way, but if he posted it not realising that it would cause him a lot of blowback, then some better media training is needed at Ipswich.

He seems like the kind of guy who can shoulder a fair bit of stick, so I doubt it'll bother him too much.
Morsy tweet on 17:33 - Oct 9 with 2287 viewssw20tractor

Spoken like a true Norwich fan
Morsy tweet on 18:00 - Oct 9 with 2228 viewsStevieH

Frimmers

This little video is one of the better explanations of the history of the region without showing bias towards either side

Sadly it always results in misery, death and suffering for innocent civilians on both sides
Morsy tweet on 18:06 - Oct 9 with 2192 viewsBlueBadger

Morsy tweet on 16:10 - Oct 9 by CrockerITFC

I'm guessing this is a joke post considering you still have Morsy's picture as your avatar

Like they actually know who he is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morsy tweet on 18:20 - Oct 9 with 2141 viewsthatbdude

He has every right to tweet that. He supports Palestine but not Hammas which is very understandable, its free speech in the end of the day wether you like it or not.

The whole topic about the war and its history is a very complex and difficult one to explain easily

Poll: Who going down?

Morsy tweet on 18:20 - Oct 9 with 2135 viewsXYZ

Morsy tweet on 17:24 - Oct 9 by glasso

He condemned terrorists after being prompted. That's the point. If you watch hundreds of innocent people being slaughtered in the streets and your first thought is that you should take to Twitter and tell everybody you're on the *other* side without a single word for the victims, then it's a bit naive and daft at best.

I don't particularly mind. I get why he feels that way, but if he posted it not realising that it would cause him a lot of blowback, then some better media training is needed at Ipswich.

He seems like the kind of guy who can shoulder a fair bit of stick, so I doubt it'll bother him too much.

Given he's from Egypt there's a chance he knows a lot more about it all than you or I do.
Morsy tweet on 18:46 - Oct 9 with 2057 viewsnorth_stand77

Morsy tweet on 18:00 - Oct 9 by StevieH

Frimmers

This little video is one of the better explanations of the history of the region without showing bias towards either side

Sadly it always results in misery, death and suffering for innocent civilians on both sides

Thank you for sharing that.

It's an easy listen but also concise and comprehensive in its summary of the history of that area, so making it easier to understand.
Morsy tweet on 18:53 - Oct 9 with 2023 viewsGlasgowBlue

Morsy tweet on 18:20 - Oct 9 by XYZ

Given he's from Egypt there's a chance he knows a lot more about it all than you or I do.

Sam Morsy was born in Wolverhampton.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Morsy tweet on 19:03 - Oct 9 with 2007 viewskeighleyblue

Idiot. Blocked.
Morsy tweet on 19:08 - Oct 9 with 1985 viewsXYZ

Morsy tweet on 18:53 - Oct 9 by GlasgowBlue

Sam Morsy was born in Wolverhampton.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that. Given that he has some heritage from the region, I think my point retains some validity.

My assumption is that everyone condemns the sick actions of these thugs even if they don't feel the need to broadcast it amongst all the other noise.

Carrying out some kind of round up of people committing thought crimes reveals more about the accuser than the accused.

These comments are not aimed at you - IMO your comments on this have been mostly very sensible.
Morsy tweet on 19:09 - Oct 9 with 1988 viewsTrequartista

Morsy tweet on 18:20 - Oct 9 by thatbdude

He has every right to tweet that. He supports Palestine but not Hammas which is very understandable, its free speech in the end of the day wether you like it or not.

The whole topic about the war and its history is a very complex and difficult one to explain easily

But its surely its no co-incidence he's posted it immediately after a massive terrorist attack by Hamas?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Morsy tweet on 19:20 - Oct 9 with 1938 viewstractorboy1978

Morsy tweet on 19:09 - Oct 9 by Trequartista

But its surely its no co-incidence he's posted it immediately after a massive terrorist attack by Hamas?

He’s been tweeting, retweeting and liking posts supporting Palestine consistently for the past couple of years (and longer I suspect, before he signed here and I followed him). So it’s not like he’s suddenly decided to pick his moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024