Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? 17:43 - Jul 31 with 3552 viewsSamWhiteUK

How about a player's name and number?

Asking for a friend.
How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 17:44 - Jul 31 with 3031 viewsHerbivore

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do whatever you want mate..... on 17:46 - Jul 31 with 3017 viewsBloots

....ignore the shirt nazis.

Each to their own.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 17:48 - Jul 31 with 3001 viewsPositivelyPortman

10.5 years

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 17:48 - Jul 31 with 2994 viewsKeno

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 17:44 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

so ou want a shirt with Chaplin on the back?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 17:49 - Jul 31 with 2997 viewsNthQldITFC

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 17:50 - Jul 31 with 2977 viewsMetal_Hacker

Poll: If it were one or the other

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 17:52 - Jul 31 with 2971 viewsHelp

if its a player's name then about 13

everything else is open.
How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 18:03 - Jul 31 with 2937 viewslizzibee

Each to their own.
Login to get fewer ads

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 18:08 - Jul 31 with 2914 viewsWickets

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 17:44 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

Well I've got one with Grandad 70 on! Hope that helps .
How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 18:15 - Jul 31 with 2892 viewsPendejo

There are no rules, and if there were break them!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 18:15 - Jul 31 with 2890 viewsSitfcB

How ever old you want to be.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Do whatever you want mate..... on 18:16 - Jul 31 with 2891 viewsMullet

Do whatever you want mate..... on 17:46 - Jul 31 by Bloots

Each to their own.

Although, do you remember those people that got their twitter handles on their shirts? Madness.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 18:19 - Jul 31 with 2869 viewsnoggin

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 18:25 - Jul 31 with 2847 viewsnodge_blue

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Do whatever you want mate..... on 18:59 - Jul 31 with 2768 viewsSamWhiteUK

Do whatever you want mate..... on 17:46 - Jul 31 by Bloots

Each to their own.

I just think the shirts can look so bare without something on - especially if you plump for the Ipswich Town Foundation badge, sitting on the lower back.
Personally I wouldn't.... on 19:06 - Jul 31 with 2756 viewsBloots

Do whatever you want mate..... on 18:59 - Jul 31 by SamWhiteUK

I just think the shirts can look so bare without something on - especially if you plump for the Ipswich Town Foundation badge, sitting on the lower back.

....have anything on the back, but I guess it's personal choice.

What I will say, and inevitably most people will disagree, is that shirts without a sponsor on the front look awful.

The Forest one last year looked crap and so does the Chelsea one this year.

Obviously a lot depends on the style/standard of the sponsor logo, but generally they look a lot better with something on the front.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Do whatever you want mate..... on 19:34 - Jul 31 with 2686 viewsNthQldITFC

Do whatever you want mate..... on 18:16 - Jul 31 by Mullet

Although, do you remember those people that got their twitter handles on their shirts? Madness.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 19:40 - Jul 31 with 2671 viewsnorth_stand77

Age doesn't matter- if you want someth8ng on your shirt - just do it!
Personally I wouldn't.... on 00:55 - Aug 1 with 2391 viewsPerublue

Personally I wouldn't.... on 19:06 - Jul 31 by Bloots

....have anything on the back, but I guess it's personal choice.

What I will say, and inevitably most people will disagree, is that shirts without a sponsor on the front look awful.

The Forest one last year looked crap and so does the Chelsea one this year.

Obviously a lot depends on the style/standard of the sponsor logo, but generally they look a lot better with something on the front.

I know what you mean re.sponsors they generally look better than a naked looking shirt obviously if it’s not a retro one before sponsors and yes it’s not a perfect science “Magical Vegas” …. .
Around that time I was … like many … at my lowest ebb in following the towen , I’m guessing shirt sales in that era and those sponsors were the lowest ever.
With names on the back a family member quite innocently and naively put my WHOLE name on the back of a shirt I once had as a gift … it was only worn when they were around and in the house.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 05:58 - Aug 1 with 2319 viewsElephantintheRoom

Why not. “I’m a mug who enjoys being fleeced” is too big a name to fit on most shirts. So if you can’t have your real name, have somebody else’s.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 07:51 - Aug 1 with 2208 viewsGeoffSentence

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 05:58 - Aug 1 by ElephantintheRoom

Why not. “I’m a mug who enjoys being fleeced” is too big a name to fit on most shirts. So if you can’t have your real name, have somebody else’s.

Having someone else's name works particularly well if you are planning on committing a crime in it in an area covered by cctv.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 08:16 - Aug 1 with 2169 viewsitfcjoe

The shirts look much better with name and number on them, and the badges - otherwise they often look a bit plain.

I'll get mine fully named and numbered up, I won't wear it much and add it to the collection but when I look back at old shirts I have I often wish they had a name and number on as just look more complete

I'll prob stick Harry Clarke on one of mine, not sure about the other

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 08:21 - Aug 1 with 2156 viewsRobTheMonk

Madge gets me one with my surname on and my old number from 11 a side days. I'm mid 30's. If you want one, go for it.
How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 09:51 - Aug 1 with 2078 viewswischip

How old is too old to get a name and number on your shirt? on 09:55 - Aug 1 with 2065 viewsCotty

I got one when I was about 32 because the player we had just signed had the same surname as me and I got overexcited, and I like to wear a town shirt when I play 5-a-side. The player in question only made 4 appearances. I'm probably the only person with this player's name on their shirt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024