Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! 09:13 - May 9 with 5443 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Such a shame that the council ruined what could have been a really lovely event by sticking parking tickets on every car within half a mile of the park.

Yesterday was meant to be a time of celebration. It was a couple of hours. Turn a blind eye FFS.

No wonder the town centre is dying when braindead bureaucrats trample on any attempt to get people out into the town by issuing parking fines and/or charging extortionate amounts for official parking.

But not only that... absolutely no refreshment stands, alcohol banned, and over-enthusiastic stewards clamping down on the "no flare" ruling.

Typical council bulls***!

I pity Mark Ashton having to deal with these absolute jobsworths when trying to get planning permission for any development to our stadium.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:52 - May 9 with 1749 viewsFunge

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:46 - May 9 by SitfcB

Yep, on a normal day you can sit in the park and have a tinnie or two, and even probably set off a smoke bomb if you wanted.

Looked like a good location tbf, I’d say better than the Cornhill, get a lot more people in. Next year they can have the open top bus parade with it ending in the park and have it in the same location.

Good shout Sitters, get far more people on Hippy Hill than you do the Cornhill, more room to jump around too...

Lovely event yesterday; well done IBC and ITFC.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:58 - May 9 with 1717 viewseddiespearitt03

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:39 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

I like old buildings to be restored. A lot of people do. Maintaining your heritage is an important part of a beautiful, thriving location. Failing to do so just leads to a cascading loss of civic pride and a dour, grim place to live.

Imagine what places like York or Norwich would be like to day if they didnt bother to maintain and restore old buildings.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 9:39]

Why invite 11.000 happy people to an event and provide no parking. ? What do you mean about a dour grim place to live. It already is in most parts of the town. Perhaps you have not seen the derelict Broomhill or the burnt out church in Upper Orwell St just sitting there every year
Can't even be bothered to cut the grass these days..
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:01 - May 9 with 1702 viewsBig_Jase

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:58 - May 9 by eddiespearitt03

Why invite 11.000 happy people to an event and provide no parking. ? What do you mean about a dour grim place to live. It already is in most parts of the town. Perhaps you have not seen the derelict Broomhill or the burnt out church in Upper Orwell St just sitting there every year

Don’t suppose you got a parking tiggut did you mate?

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:03 - May 9 with 1691 viewsZx1988

No parking? What about the thousands of parking spaces that exist throughout the town centre?

It's exactly the same scenario when 30,000 people get 'invited' to Portman Road every other week, and there doesn't seem to be an issue with parking legally then.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:05 - May 9 with 1684 viewscressi

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:52 - May 9 by Funge

Good shout Sitters, get far more people on Hippy Hill than you do the Cornhill, more room to jump around too...

Simple I just didn't bother although I have a season ticket been honest it's great with getting promoted but it's not like winning the FA Cup and UEFA Cup or even at Wembley in the play offs, we had the biggest budget in league one rightly or wrongly I expected us to get promoted , next season slightly different other big clubs but with our resources I expect top 8 , But on the council could do better
But people should be prepared if going to walk a bit to event as a fiver definitely cheaper than a fine.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:13 - May 9 with 1655 viewsPhilTWTD

I was told that was the reason for the park rather than the Town Hall, would only have been room for 6,000 or so on the Cornhill, a third fewer with a stage.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:23 - May 9 with 1614 viewsnoggin

"Can't even be bothered to cut the grass these days.."

Well all those parking fines should help pay for that.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:30 - May 9 with 1574 viewsIllinoisblue

On the plus side, “Gatwick” can now be retired from the official TWTD joke book and replaced with Christchurch Park.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:33 - May 9 with 1549 viewsGeoffSentence

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:42 - May 9 by CityBlue

Firstly the preferred option (and even by the council) was to hold the ceremony in the traditional manner by holding it in the ton center, Cornhill - a plan that was knocked back by the Police due to concerns over numbers and lack of available resources following the coronation celebrations that had a drain on resources. The next best was to hold an event (free) in the park that the IBC Events team were able to spin up in record time and did a great job.
Parking in the vicinity of Christchurch Park is an age old problem and as a resident of the "Golden Triangle" there are numerous challenges and concerns when large numbers descend onto compact residential areas and park all over the place with no regard for existing restrictions or indeed road user (both vehicle and pedestrian) welfare.
The lack of alcohol was most likely down to ability to raise relevant alcohol licenses and have sufficient safety staff and light policing for the inevitable drunks. I was also state that the use of flares in large public gatherings is an absolute recipe for disaster...that's why they are banned from football stadiums!

There you have it folks, parking tickets are a direct consequence of having a monarchy.

Vive la revolution.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:34 - May 9 with 1546 viewsBuhrer

If you knowingly break a petty rule, don't blub when you get caught.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:34 - May 9 with 1544 viewsyesjohn99

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 10:13 - May 9 by Funge

Yeah, bit surprised that there weren't a couple of burger vans there, or similar, and the alcohol ban seemed a little OTT (it was midday); that said, there were plenty of kids there, which is obviously a very good thing.

One little kid with a helluva voice belting out 'Super Kieran McKenna' during the speeches made me smile; future Blue Action member right there...!

Smoke bomb debate has been done to death on here before; to be fair, I can understand the thinking behind it.

It was a lovely event tho - getting the young girl (Freya Cox?) on stage with Morsy to give all the medals out was a very classy touch.

The little boy could have been my son….blackout shirt with a bit of blue and white face paint? He couldn’t stop singing their super KMC song, made me very proud. Nice to see loads of youngsters there wearing Town colours.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:36 - May 9 with 1533 viewsVaughan8

haha.

"I parked where I shouldn't have but I don't want to be punished for it". This is modern britain.

You can park a bit further away and walk if you like. You didn't have to go. Its a free event. Do people not check the signs where they park?

You can cry all you want but its not going to change anything.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:40 - May 9 with 1495 viewsDyland

As long as they don't trample all the shrooms man.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:40 - May 9 with 1498 viewsGeoffSentence

I dunno, all the people on here 3xpecting the nanny state to provide free parking for them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:51 - May 9 with 1458 viewsbluelagos

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 09:28 - May 9 by bluelou

how are they overenthusiastic if there was a "no-flare" ruling?

Anyone imposing dress restrictions at an outdoor event is clearly on a power trip. Fair enough if it's a 60s themed night where you want authentic clobber but there was no dress code communicated.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:56 - May 9 with 1436 viewslizzibee

I'm guessing you got a ticket, hence your anger. The parking signs are clear and anyone who got a ticket without checking really can't complain. I parked on Constitution Hill, a five minute walk away - no restrictions there. CCP is centrally located so loads of parking available just a short walk away. Why should ITFC provide parking 0- they don't for matches or other events there.

Re food/drink. I suspect the club were waiting on the Monday result to decide whether open top bus or this. Hence, probably a lack of time to organise =food outlets or apply for a licence which would've been necessary.

As for the planning comment - it may have come to your attention that he hasn't had problems with the previous scheme at PR and also traffic wardens are different to planners. Wrong to tar all civil servants with the same brush.

Just be happy we are going up and be grateful the club spent a considerable amount of money hosting a community event.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:59 - May 9 with 1430 viewsKievthegreat

Well well well, if it isn't the consequence of my own actions...

Within a 5 minute walk of the park entrance on Fonnereau Road:
Crown Street 536 spaces
William Street 72 spaces
Tower Ramparts 103 spaces
Total = 711 spaces

Within 15 minutes:
St Matthews 71 spaces
The Spiral 350 spaces
The Wolsey 190 spaces
Elm Street 69 spaces
Buttermarket 420 spaces
Regent 76 spaces
Tacket Street260 spaces
Norwich Road Shoppers 78 spaces
Total = 1514 spaces

More than 2000 spaces within a 15 minute walk, plus plenty of people would have been within walking distance, could have taken a bus (even if it was a crappy Sunday service).

Helpful hint though, paying "extortionate" prices for parking is still a lot cheap than a fine!
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 12:46 - May 9 with 1332 viewswkj

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:59 - May 9 by Kievthegreat

Well well well, if it isn't the consequence of my own actions...

Within a 5 minute walk of the park entrance on Fonnereau Road:
Crown Street 536 spaces
William Street 72 spaces
Tower Ramparts 103 spaces
Total = 711 spaces

Within 15 minutes:
St Matthews 71 spaces
The Spiral 350 spaces
The Wolsey 190 spaces
Elm Street 69 spaces
Buttermarket 420 spaces
Regent 76 spaces
Tacket Street260 spaces
Norwich Road Shoppers 78 spaces
Total = 1514 spaces

More than 2000 spaces within a 15 minute walk, plus plenty of people would have been within walking distance, could have taken a bus (even if it was a crappy Sunday service).

Helpful hint though, paying "extortionate" prices for parking is still a lot cheap than a fine!

Not to mention park and ride, although I will admit that I am unsure how PAR works on bank holidays.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 13:12 - May 9 with 1250 viewsgainsboroughblue

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:30 - May 9 by Illinoisblue

On the plus side, “Gatwick” can now be retired from the official TWTD joke book and replaced with Christchurch Park.

Spoilt for choice with this new joke.

Can add Park, Fonnereau, Anglesea, Finchley, Tuddenham Roads to that, along with others.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 13:20 - May 9 with 1228 viewsFunge

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:40 - May 9 by Dyland

As long as they don't trample all the shrooms man.

Apparently the best place for 'shrooms nowadays is Freston, out near the tower, or so I understand.
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 13:23 - May 9 with 1215 viewsFunge

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 11:34 - May 9 by yesjohn99

The little boy could have been my son….blackout shirt with a bit of blue and white face paint? He couldn’t stop singing their super KMC song, made me very proud. Nice to see loads of youngsters there wearing Town colours.

I could only hear him, not see him - bloody loud voice!

Good effort
F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 13:39 - May 9 with 1160 viewsJ2BLUE

Why invite 11.000 happy people to an event and provide no parking?

...what? Why would they provide parking?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 13:57 - May 9 with 1110 viewsZx1988

F&@$ Off Ipswich Council!!! on 13:39 - May 9 by J2BLUE

Why invite 11.000 happy people to an event and provide no parking?

...what? Why would they provide parking?

Because OP clearly got a ticket, and it's 100% anybody's fault but theirs.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024