Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure how effective it would be, but this ought to trigger immediate... 09:33 - May 9 with 678 viewsNthQldITFC

...and meaningfully severe economic, political and personal sanctions.

‘Mind-boggling’ methane emissions from Turkmenistan revealed
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/09/mind-boggling-methane-emissions-fr

Unless we are resigned to just sleep-walking into catastrophe. Said sanctions could be lifted immediately satellite data shows that the problems had been addressed.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Not sure how effective it would be, but this ought to trigger immediate... on 09:42 - May 9 with 616 viewsRyorry

A global organisation with authority & power to sanction, overseeing international co-operation, is the only way we'll survive methinks.

"From space, our precious blue dot has no national boundaries" (a crystallisation of astronauts', primarily Cdr Hadfield's I think, views).

The ultimate super-hyper-massive unlikely to ever happen.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Not sure how effective it would be, but this ought to trigger immediate... on 09:57 - May 9 with 580 viewsNthQldITFC

Not sure how effective it would be, but this ought to trigger immediate... on 09:42 - May 9 by Ryorry

A global organisation with authority & power to sanction, overseeing international co-operation, is the only way we'll survive methinks.

"From space, our precious blue dot has no national boundaries" (a crystallisation of astronauts', primarily Cdr Hadfield's I think, views).

Indeed, and the only way it can happen is with people/governments/organisations rebooting their 'what can be done' rules. The number of times you see people/governments/organisations saying "We can't do this because that's not how we do things" makes me puke when we need immediate actions, not pathetic, bullsh!t excuses.

The IPCC consensus-based reports were all very well twenty or thirty years ago (actually they weren't but we didn't know that at the time), but now we need a war footing attitude or we're dead.

So unilateral action by Europe, the US etc. even at significant self-cost and force China et al to come on board by leaving them out is the only sensible way. I know that's all woolly, but we're dead if we don't try something different. What is there to lose?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Not sure how effective it would be, but this ought to trigger immediate... on 13:39 - May 9 with 433 viewsitfc_bucks

Not sure how effective it would be, but this ought to trigger immediate... on 09:42 - May 9 by Ryorry

There's a similar organisation in Europe who has that sort of power. Obviously, it only covers Europe.

It was some sort of Union, if I remember correctly...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024