Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday 11:04 - Mar 1 with 5240 viewsportmanking

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they only pick up 1-2 points from Posh at home and Pompey away.

If we can get maximum points from Burton and Accy, we could be just 2-3 points behind them in that scenario (albeit with them having a game in hand). After Posh and Pompey, the Owls also have Bolton and Barnsley too...

There's going to be plenty of twists and turns in March around the top 2, I'm 100% certain.
Sheffield Wednesday on 11:08 - Mar 1 with 4339 viewsSomethingBlue

Just need to win the next two and hope we are the side with momentum when everyone starts playing each other in that run from 11 March.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sheffield Wednesday on 11:09 - Mar 1 with 4319 viewsclive_baker

You never know which Peterborough will turn up, they're a bit all or nothing. Personally I can't see Wednesday slipping up to the extent they would need to for anyone to catch them. They're absolutely flying and I would expect them to beat Peterborough. Win their GIH and they're 11 points clear of us with a superior GD, we wont gain the best part of a point per game on them. They're up, it's certainly Plymouth who are the ones to catch and I think we can do it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sheffield Wednesday on 11:10 - Mar 1 with 4317 viewsSparky85

Agreed! We must have a good March if we are going to challenge the top 2

Lots of teams playing each other. We’ve got a number of games against those from 4th to 10th.

At least it’s exciting!
Sheffield Wednesday on 11:13 - Mar 1 with 4287 viewsbackinbeige

Sheffield Wednesday scored the most points of any premier and football league team in 2022:

https://www.givemesport.com/88099976-man-utd-liverpool-arsenal-ipswich-the-pl-ef

They scored the fourth most points per game of any premier and football league team behind Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool, and they did this by playing 12 more games.

This year they have won seven league games and drawn one ( ).

If Sheffield Wednesday only pick up 1-2 points from the next two games they'll be absolutely fuming.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 13:49]

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Sheffield Wednesday on 11:17 - Mar 1 with 4230 viewsBobbychase

I know Wednesday look imperious but you have to factor in the fear. The fear that comes from thinking you've sewn it up in February/March and then having a couple of dodgy results and suddenly feeling the chasing pack coming over the horizon again.

The idea that you had something in your grasp and it's now slipping away is very powerful in sport.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Sheffield Wednesday on 11:29 - Mar 1 with 4091 viewsLankHenners

Forget them, they're gone. Need to pick up the wins to get ahead of Plymouth.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sheffield Wednesday on 11:31 - Mar 1 with 4068 viewsTractorCam

Sheffield Wednesday on 11:17 - Mar 1 by Bobbychase

I know Wednesday look imperious but you have to factor in the fear. The fear that comes from thinking you've sewn it up in February/March and then having a couple of dodgy results and suddenly feeling the chasing pack coming over the horizon again.

The idea that you had something in your grasp and it's now slipping away is very powerful in sport.

The fans would then also be on their backs slightly, as happened here and has started to creep in at Plymouth. I'm struggling to see them slip up that drastically though.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Sheffield Wednesday on 11:34 - Mar 1 with 4050 viewsTrumptonBlue

What we need is for Deckchair Derek to get a job on the Sheffield Star.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting fixtures on 11:35 - Mar 1 with 4051 viewsDyland

Pilgrims run in looks relatively benign. Yet, except for a small handful of teams, anyone can surprise anyone. Gonna come down to character, injuries and suspensions as much as anything. As everyone keeps noting, we just have to go on a silly run of wins and pray the footballing gods' winds are with us.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sheffield Wednesday on 12:41 - Mar 1 with 3626 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Sheffield Wednesday on 11:13 - Mar 1 by backinbeige

Sheffield Wednesday scored the most points of any premier and football league team in 2022:

https://www.givemesport.com/88099976-man-utd-liverpool-arsenal-ipswich-the-pl-ef

They scored the fourth most points per game of any premier and football league team behind Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool, and they did this by playing 12 more games.

If Sheffield Wednesday only pick up 1-2 points from the next two games they'll be absolutely fuming.

I agree with your overall point but they have played 10+ more games than the PL teams. But, agree with you. Can't really see them dropping points. It's Plymouth who are going to fade, if either of them.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Sheffield Wednesday on 12:57 - Mar 1 with 3534 viewsPioneerBlue

Whilst we are all using our crystal balls, mark April 15 in your calendar.

This is the day when we learn whether the automatics are definitely on or as it stands today probably off. All our opposition are away from home, we are at home. If we have collected 78 or more points by then we are back in the hunt, if not it’s probably mathematically impossible to do enough for the automatic positions.

This is total conjecture btw.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Sheffield Wednesday on 12:58 - Mar 1 with 3525 viewsDubtractor

Being a football fan is brilliant isn't it?

2 weeks ago and the talk on here was of potentially missing the playoffs, 2 routine wins against cannon fodder (plus a wobble from Plymouth) and suddenly its all positivity again. Suddenly we're all back looking at other team's fixtures, wondering where they are going to drop points.

It's great to have some interest in the business end of the season again isn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sheffield Wednesday on 13:02 - Mar 1 with 3503 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quite. I love the optimism, but it's nothing more than blind faith not supported by what we're seeing every week.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sheffield Wednesday on 13:15 - Mar 1 with 3428 viewstonybied

Sheffield Wednesday on 12:58 - Mar 1 by Dubtractor

Being a football fan is brilliant isn't it?

2 weeks ago and the talk on here was of potentially missing the playoffs, 2 routine wins against cannon fodder (plus a wobble from Plymouth) and suddenly its all positivity again. Suddenly we're all back looking at other team's fixtures, wondering where they are going to drop points.

It's great to have some interest in the business end of the season again isn't it?

Long may it continue! Right now I could deal with the disappointment of losing out with a game or too left of the season but not if we're out of the hunt with half a dozen games left to go, I would be inconsolable. After so many years of misery please, please, please let us be fighting for it all at the end!
Sheffield Wednesday on 17:01 - Mar 1 with 2969 viewsWestSussexBlue

Sheffield Wednesday on 11:29 - Mar 1 by LankHenners

Forget them, they're gone. Need to pick up the wins to get ahead of Plymouth.

Agree, and lest we forget, we have 3 very tough away games ourselves.
Sheffield Wednesday on 17:27 - Mar 1 with 2869 viewsMullet

Sheffield Wednesday on 11:09 - Mar 1 by clive_baker

You never know which Peterborough will turn up, they're a bit all or nothing. Personally I can't see Wednesday slipping up to the extent they would need to for anyone to catch them. They're absolutely flying and I would expect them to beat Peterborough. Win their GIH and they're 11 points clear of us with a superior GD, we wont gain the best part of a point per game on them. They're up, it's certainly Plymouth who are the ones to catch and I think we can do it.

Karma suggests they deserves to. But also, #keepawaydaysnorthern so Plymouth need to fail. We go up and Barnsley and Bolton contest the playoff final.

Then things will start to heal in the world.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sheffield Wednesday on 17:33 - Mar 1 with 2826 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sheffield Wednesday on 12:41 - Mar 1 by JammyDodgerrr

I agree with your overall point but they have played 10+ more games than the PL teams. But, agree with you. Can't really see them dropping points. It's Plymouth who are going to fade, if either of them.

It is ordered on ppg so playing more games makes the form more impressive!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sheffield Wednesday on 17:35 - Mar 1 with 2809 viewsbackinbeige

Sheffield Wednesday on 17:33 - Mar 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is ordered on ppg so playing more games makes the form more impressive!

Agreed - it's a lot easier to average 3 points per game if you only play one game compared to playing ten

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Sheffield Wednesday on 20:38 - Mar 1 with 2427 viewsHARRY10

Top before Xmas for us, now.

Plymouth can/will be caught. Barnsley looks the most likely. Been going like a steam train.
Sheffield Wednesday on 20:50 - Mar 1 with 2399 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sheffield Wednesday on 20:38 - Mar 1 by HARRY10

Top before Xmas for us, now.

Plymouth can/will be caught. Barnsley looks the most likely. Been going like a steam train.

Barnsley have had a very good run ... to get to 4 points behind us. They are now about to play the top sides. If they continue the same form against the top sides they will deserve to finish top two. However, when Derby and Bolton had the same form against the lower sides, they didn't maintain that form against the better ones.

Time will tell. Plymouth may be caught but there is no reason why any of Bolton, Derby or Barnsley are more likely than us IF they do get caught.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sheffield Wednesday on 22:38 - Mar 1 with 2155 viewsVegtablue

They've bolted lads!
Sheffield Wednesday on 22:46 - Mar 1 with 2121 viewsjacobnikons

Weds are head and shoulders the best team in league 1. I cant see them dropping more than a couple of points in the run in. Plymouth will but any points we gain on them will be short lived bacause after one or two tricky games their last 10 fixtures looks very easy where as we will drop plenty more points. playoffs it will be.
Sheffield Wednesday on 22:52 - Mar 1 with 2105 viewsArchiRob

No Burnley on that lot - how can they not be above Sheffield ?

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Sheffield Wednesday on 23:26 - Mar 1 with 2012 viewsbackinbeige

Sheffield Wednesday on 22:52 - Mar 1 by ArchiRob

No Burnley on that lot - how can they not be above Sheffield ?

It’s the calendar year, they were trying their hardest to lose every game until May

Sheffield Wednesday on 23:32 - Mar 1 with 1995 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Sheffield Wednesday on 22:46 - Mar 1 by jacobnikons

Weds are head and shoulders the best team in league 1. I cant see them dropping more than a couple of points in the run in. Plymouth will but any points we gain on them will be short lived bacause after one or two tricky games their last 10 fixtures looks very easy where as we will drop plenty more points. playoffs it will be.

Plymouth three home games in a row between 22th-29th April against so called easy opponents before the last day of the season. That doesn't look promising.

We've left ourselves with practically no margin for error if we aim for the top 2. .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024