Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Men of TWtD - I need your advice 10:02 - Aug 24 with 5135 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ladies of TWTD, your own perspective would be greatly appreciated.

We play Shef Wed on Saturday 17 September.

17 September happens to be my 25th wedding anniversary, and coincidentally the Mrs and I will be in Leeds for Radio 2 live.

Leeds to Sheffield is about 45 minutes by rail, and it will only be Kaiser Chiefs, Sophie Ellis‐Bextor and Ella Henderson on stage at the time I would be in transit and at the game. At a push I may miss Bananarama.

So I reckon I could leave the Mrs for about 3 hours to get pissed in the bar whilst I dashed to watch the super blues batter Wednesday.

All things considered, should I even consider this?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 15:51 - Aug 24 with 631 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sooooooooooooooo.....

I say to the Mrs "Look. I had this idea to pop along to the game at Sheffield whilst we were in Leeds for the weekend. I'd just be leaving you for three hours or so, but I floated the idea to the great and the good of TWTD, and other than a bloke who lost his shoes and a student, I got a resounding don't be so fckung daft"

She then says, "well I'm not going to stop you going if you want" in one of those tones that really means "If you abandon me n our 25th wedding anniversary it will only reinforce my long held opinion that you are an utter selfish c**t"

Her sister then pipes up "Well if [husband] did this to me it would absolutely be grounds for divorce. Especially after all the effort Mrs Glassers has put into organising the weekend"

To which I say "what organising? We are only going to Radio 2 Live in Leeds"

Mrs GB then gives her sister one of those "shut the fook up looks" and I quickly move the subject on to something else, pretending that I didn't really twigg that the mrs has lined up a few surprises for the weekend.

Iron Lion Zion

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 15:54 - Aug 24 with 607 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 15:51 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Sooooooooooooooo.....

I say to the Mrs "Look. I had this idea to pop along to the game at Sheffield whilst we were in Leeds for the weekend. I'd just be leaving you for three hours or so, but I floated the idea to the great and the good of TWTD, and other than a bloke who lost his shoes and a student, I got a resounding don't be so fckung daft"

She then says, "well I'm not going to stop you going if you want" in one of those tones that really means "If you abandon me n our 25th wedding anniversary it will only reinforce my long held opinion that you are an utter selfish c**t"

Her sister then pipes up "Well if [husband] did this to me it would absolutely be grounds for divorce. Especially after all the effort Mrs Glassers has put into organising the weekend"

Mrs GB then gives her sister one of those "shut the fook up looks" and I quickly move the subject on to something else, pretending that I didn't really twigg that the mrs has lined up a few surprises for the weekend.

Hookers and cocaine! She's got you hookers and cocaine!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 15:55]
Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 15:57 - Aug 24 with 590 viewsGlasgowBlue

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 15:54 - Aug 24 by ArnoldMoorhen

Hookers and cocaine! She's got you hookers and cocaine!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 15:55]

I did think that for my 50th but was hugely disappointed.

Iron Lion Zion

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 16:26 - Aug 24 with 560 viewsSitfcB

Sooooooooooooooo.....

She’s got you an executive box at Hillsborough, def info.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 16:33 - Aug 24 with 548 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 16:26 - Aug 24 by SitfcB

It would be so funny after all this if the surprise was to take him to the game.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 16:35 - Aug 24 with 542 viewsclive_baker

Sooooooooooooooo.....

Just as an aside you should definitely get your hands on a Town 2001 shirt with Venus on the back to wear for the Bananarama set.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 16:35 - Aug 24 with 541 viewsRyorry

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 16:26 - Aug 24 by SitfcB

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 16:59 - Aug 24 with 524 viewsNewcyBlue

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 11:40 - Aug 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Have a game of hide and seek... disappear for 3 hours, then tell her she's rubbish at hide and seek.

He’s better off staying in Leeds with the Mrs and getting to play hide the sausage later on!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 17:10 - Aug 24 with 498 viewshappybeingblue

marriage is an outdated concept anyway do what you wanna do :)
Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 17:22 - Aug 24 with 478 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I will also be in Leeds for aforementioned event.
Suggested that I “pop” over to Sheffield for the match. Didn’t get the response I was hoping for so for the sake of a degree of matrimonial harmony have decided to endure Sophie Ellis Bexter instead.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 17:23 - Aug 24 with 476 viewsSwansea_Blue

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 10:05 - Aug 24 by bluelagos

If you need to ask, I do wonder how you made 25 years of happy marriage.

By her getting rid of him as often as possible, by the sounds of it!

Glassers, I strongly recommend going to the game and then letting us all know how it goes at home. It'll liven up the board for a day

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 17:37 - Aug 24 with 464 viewsScottCandage

You should TOTALLY do this, then after the match, go hire a divorce lawyer, because you're gonna need one if you do this.
Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 17:44 - Aug 24 with 452 viewsdominiciawful

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 10:23 - Aug 24 by Sharkey

"At a push I may miss Bananarama." That's surely the decider.

He’s a cruel, cruel husband
Leaving me here on my own

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 18:51 - Aug 24 with 425 viewsGlasgowBlue

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 17:44 - Aug 24 by dominiciawful

He’s a cruel, cruel husband
Leaving me here on my own

I'm Guilty of Love In The First Degree.

Iron Lion Zion

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:00 - Aug 24 with 422 viewsbluelagos

Getting married in September, school boy error Glassers.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:01 - Aug 24 with 416 viewsSE1blue

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 16:33 - Aug 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

It would be so funny after all this if the surprise was to take him to the game.

My money is on backstage passes to Banarama.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:02 - Aug 24 with 415 viewsNewcyBlue

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:00 - Aug 24 by bluelagos

Maybe a good reason for it!?

Glassers how old is your eldest now?!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:22 - Aug 24 with 389 viewstractordownsouth

I’ve managed to persuade my girlfriend to spend Valentine’s Day with me next year at Bristol Rovers away in the freezing cold. And she hates football. So if I can do that, you can pull this one off.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:25 - Aug 24 with 382 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:01 - Aug 24 by SE1blue

My money is on backstage passes to Banarama.

Backdoor passes to Banarama would be more fun.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:27 - Aug 24 with 373 viewsPJH

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:00 - Aug 24 by bluelagos

That is true, I always get married in July (not every July).

The 34th anniversary with the second wife did coincide with the first game of this season though-she went to Aldeburgh on the bus with one of her sisters for a few hours.
Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:29 - Aug 24 with 367 viewsPlums

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 14:23 - Aug 24 by itfcjoe

I'm at a wedding that day.....................in Sheffield!

My Mrs has said I can miss the ceremony to go to the game, but am not going to as it's a bit of a p155take on the bride and groom.

Sure your Mrs wouldn't mind, but it's one of those where if something goes wrong, or travel plans go up the swanny then you look a massive tw*t!

My son is moving in to uni on that day - in Sheffield. Suspect I haven’t got a chance of getting to the game but we’ll see. I could go ‘missing’ when Mrs Plums takes him to Morrisons to buy an essential cheese grater.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:29 - Aug 24 with 361 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:22 - Aug 24 by tractordownsouth

I’ve managed to persuade my girlfriend to spend Valentine’s Day with me next year at Bristol Rovers away in the freezing cold. And she hates football. So if I can do that, you can pull this one off.

He will be needing to pull a lot more things off after this.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:48 - Aug 24 with 341 viewsGlasgowBlue

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:02 - Aug 24 by NewcyBlue

Maybe a good reason for it!?

Glassers how old is your eldest now?!

22. So I don't even have that excuse.

The mrs picked the date. I just turned up.

Iron Lion Zion

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:49 - Aug 24 with 340 viewsGlasgowBlue

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 17:22 - Aug 24 by StochesStotasBlewe

I will also be in Leeds for aforementioned event.
Suggested that I “pop” over to Sheffield for the match. Didn’t get the response I was hoping for so for the sake of a degree of matrimonial harmony have decided to endure Sophie Ellis Bexter instead.

I'll buy you a pint. Look for the bloke watching the match on iFollow on an iPad.

Iron Lion Zion

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:50 - Aug 24 with 338 viewsGlasgowBlue

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 19:25 - Aug 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Backdoor passes to Banarama would be more fun.

I was thinking the same.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024