Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Men of TWtD - I need your advice 10:02 - Aug 24 with 5130 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ladies of TWTD, your own perspective would be greatly appreciated.

We play Shef Wed on Saturday 17 September.

17 September happens to be my 25th wedding anniversary, and coincidentally the Mrs and I will be in Leeds for Radio 2 live.

Leeds to Sheffield is about 45 minutes by rail, and it will only be Kaiser Chiefs, Sophie Ellis‐Bextor and Ella Henderson on stage at the time I would be in transit and at the game. At a push I may miss Bananarama.

So I reckon I could leave the Mrs for about 3 hours to get pissed in the bar whilst I dashed to watch the super blues batter Wednesday.

All things considered, should I even consider this?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 20:43 - Aug 24 with 381 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We're not men....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 21:22 - Aug 24 with 354 viewssoupytwist

Having been to the Sheff Weds game last season I would say that if you're relying on the tram to get you back into the centre of the city to the railway station add a bit more time on for that journey than you might think. Or leave before the end. I think that my son and I (who's a student at Sheffield Hallam) got on the third tram to arrive at the stop nearest the ground.
But really, not on your 25th wedding anniversary unless Mrs G B wants to go as well.
Men of TWtD - I need your advice on 07:52 - Aug 25 with 292 viewshype313

I'm calling it now, R2 Live is a smokescreen, bet she has flights booked for somewhere from Leeds/Bradford and this is a little bluff to hide the surprise.

I mean who would want to spend thier 25th wedding anniversary watching Bananrama and Sophie Ellis Bextor? Fleetwood Mac at the O2 yes, but Sophie Ellis Bextor? I'd struggle to get enthused if she rocked up to Christchurch Park music day with free entry and free beer in the Woolpack on offer.

Sounds like you would be better off seeing who Seville, Valancia, Venezia, Roma or PSG have got at home that day..

Then start the "Never been to so and so stadium...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024