Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duckenfield not guilty.... 15:47 - Nov 28 with 11921 viewsITFC_Forever

Hope BL is ok....

[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 15:50]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:04 - Nov 28 with 6820 viewsBackToRussia

Ridiculous. Where's the justice?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:08 - Nov 28 with 6812 viewsFixed_It

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:04 - Nov 28 by BackToRussia

It's not as if it hasn't been thoroughly investigated though, is it? I haven't followed it too closely as I know some on here have - but at the end of the day the judicial system has made a decision based on the evidence at their disposal, and clearly have come to the conclusion that a guilty verdict was not possible without doubt.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:12 - Nov 28 with 6769 viewsSteve_M

AS ever with this, David Conn has more:

The whole thread is worth reading but the last bit here stands out, nobody has been found liable for the 96 deaths.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:12 - Nov 28 with 6766 viewsBackToRussia

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:08 - Nov 28 by Fixed_It

It's not as if it hasn't been thoroughly investigated though, is it? I haven't followed it too closely as I know some on here have - but at the end of the day the judicial system has made a decision based on the evidence at their disposal, and clearly have come to the conclusion that a guilty verdict was not possible without doubt.

Well of course, he got his trial by jury, but if there's no convictions at all over Hillsborough it does seem to make a mockery of the law.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:13 - Nov 28 with 6754 viewsDyland

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:08 - Nov 28 by Fixed_It

I think it's really shocking. Having not been personally affected by the events I would not have been too concerned by sentencing, even suspension of a prison term, BUT... not guilty just seems seriously shocking to me.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:15 - Nov 28 with 6714 viewstextbackup

so this is the end of it all now then? or will there be more to come

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:18 - Nov 28 with 6681 viewsReuser_is_God

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:15 - Nov 28 by textbackup

I'd imagine there will be plenty more to come.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:18 - Nov 28 with 6681 viewsITFC_Forever

I think there are charges awaiting trial for the then secretary of SWFC and someone else who escapes me....

Login to get fewer ads

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:19 - Nov 28 with 6671 viewsitfcjoe

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:18 - Nov 28 by Reuser_is_God

Another delay of justice, soon it will be too late

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:21 - Nov 28 with 6650 viewsSteve_M

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:12 - Nov 28 by Steve_M

AS ever with this, David Conn has more:

The whole thread is worth reading but the last bit here stands out, nobody has been found liable for the 96 deaths.

Full piece here:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/28/how-david-duckenfield-trial-left

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:25 - Nov 28 with 6623 viewsITFC_Forever

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:21 - Nov 28 by Steve_M

Full piece here:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/28/how-david-duckenfield-trial-left

Duckenfield effectively admitted his part in it under oath in the inquests of 2015, which returned a verdict of unlawful killing.

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:27 - Nov 28 with 6622 viewsSteve_M

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:21 - Nov 28 by Steve_M

Full piece here:

So, because the jury can't know anything about the case, the same old lies from 30 years ago - drunken, ticketless fans etc, etc - can be allowed to sway their verdict. It's no wonder that the families will feel that this is a travesty of justice.

Duckenfield failed catastrophically in his job and lied about it for years afterwards. Regardless of this verdict we know the truth of that.

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:28 - Nov 28 with 6590 viewsITFC_Forever

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:27 - Nov 28 by Steve_M

So, because the jury can't know anything about the case, the same old lies from 30 years ago - drunken, ticketless fans etc, etc - can be allowed to sway their verdict. It's no wonder that the families will feel that this is a travesty of justice.

Duckenfield failed catastrophically in his job and lied about it for years afterwards. Regardless of this verdict we know the truth of that.

Unbelievable.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 16:29]

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:29 - Nov 28 with 6583 viewshomer_123

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:04 - Nov 28 by BackToRussia

It died with the 96.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:35 - Nov 28 with 6542 viewshampstead_blue

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:18 - Nov 28 by Reuser_is_God

Is there a right to appeal?

£65m of public money with no conviction.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:52 - Nov 28 with 6458 viewswkj

It certainly is disgraceful that no one is accountable for the preventable, though on the other hand I have to remain faithful to the legal process. What I assume happened in that jury's mind is there is so much evidence for that tragic and avoidable event but they don't feel the blame lies completely at the feet of Duckenfield. Obviously I was not part of the trial and thankfully not there on the day it happened, but over all I would say justice is far from done, and if the blame is not seen to be with Duckenfield, where exactly is it supposed to be? Certainly not with the victims, that is 1000% for certain.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:58 - Nov 28 with 6413 viewsITFC_Forever

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:52 - Nov 28 by wkj

It certainly is disgraceful that no one is accountable for the preventable, though on the other hand I have to remain faithful to the legal process. What I assume happened in that jury's mind is there is so much evidence for that tragic and avoidable event but they don't feel the blame lies completely at the feet of Duckenfield. Obviously I was not part of the trial and thankfully not there on the day it happened, but over all I would say justice is far from done, and if the blame is not seen to be with Duckenfield, where exactly is it supposed to be? Certainly not with the victims, that is 1000% for certain.

I guess we can only assume that it is no one person's fault by enough of an extent to convict, but a combination of individuals and companies both before and during 15th April 1989.

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 17:04 - Nov 28 with 6379 viewsBasuco

I know we have not heard all the evidence that was presented to the jury, but from the outside it is difficult to understand how this decision has been reached.
Duckenfield not guilty.... on 17:19 - Nov 28 with 6315 viewshampstead_blue

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 17:04 - Nov 28 by Basuco

I know we have not heard all the evidence that was presented to the jury, but from the outside it is difficult to understand how this decision has been reached.

interesting small insight on PM R4.

A Sgt on the day said DD should never have been given the job. DD had no experience for the role. The same game in the previous year had been run by an experienced police officer with no trouble.
The person responsible for safety was charged and found guilty.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 17:24 - Nov 28 with 6272 viewsPJH

There will obviously never be any end to it for the families and friends of the 96 or anyone else directly involved but it looks like the "unlawful killing" verdict at Warrington is the best that they are going to get.

Thinking of you bluelagos.
Duckenfield not guilty.... on 17:39 - Nov 28 with 6235 viewsfactual_blue

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 16:58 - Nov 28 by ITFC_Forever

I guess we can only assume that it is no one person's fault by enough of an extent to convict, but a combination of individuals and companies both before and during 15th April 1989.

I think that is precisely the point. The dreadful combination of personal and corporate failings that lay behind the tragedy are too complex to unravel to the extent that clear, 'beyond reasonable doubt' guilt can be attributed to any one individual or organisation.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 17:58 - Nov 28 with 6166 viewsBloomBlue

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 17:39 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

I think that is precisely the point. The dreadful combination of personal and corporate failings that lay behind the tragedy are too complex to unravel to the extent that clear, 'beyond reasonable doubt' guilt can be attributed to any one individual or organisation.

I think you're right there.
I forget but is this the 3rd court case for him, in the first two the jury couldnt reach agreement?
Duckenfield not guilty.... on 18:16 - Nov 28 with 6092 viewsRyorry

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 17:19 - Nov 28 by hampstead_blue

A Sgt on the day said DD should never have been given the job. DD had no experience for the role. The same game in the previous year had been run by an experienced police officer with no trouble.

Yes, I remember that as well - wonder if the jury felt that it was DD's senior officer (or the person who picked DD for the role on the day) who should have been standing in the dock? I guess we'll never know.

Outcome just piles further distress upon the families - my sympathies to them and all others affected.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 18:29 - Nov 28 with 6044 viewsjeera

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 17:19 - Nov 28 by hampstead_blue

It's hardly an insight. It's been a major factor since day one.

This isn't a bad starting point for anyone who isn't familiar:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5698100/

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 18:40 - Nov 28 with 6003 viewshampstead_blue

Duckenfield not guilty.... on 18:29 - Nov 28 by jeera

It's hardly an insight. It's been a major factor since day one.

This isn't a bad starting point for anyone who isn't familiar:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5698100/

I've not followed it so accept that it may be old news.
It was new to myself this evening and raised an eyebrow.

A couple of people have already stated my thoughts and that's that it must be wider and deeper than just one person in one moment.

Nothing can make it better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024