Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? 10:17 - Nov 17 with 15698 viewsMullet

After those sweaty revelations and the like, is it not yet another indicator that whilst we have had nearly a decade of Tory led impoverishment, that we need to act?

We could easily sort this country this election. Vote in Corbyn, and he can keep us in Europe (a nod to the royals after all) and nationalise all the land, houses, corgis and use the taxes to pay for broadband and hospitals.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:02 - Nov 18 with 2854 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:56 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

But as I said in my edit above, the black line crossing over the windowsill & then down in front of her left hand looks a physical impossibility in reality to me. Shadows don't have that kind of precise definition/contrast, and chairs don't magically weave themselves through/around other physical objects whilst photos are being taken!

I'm glad you get it. Shame he doesn't.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:19 - Nov 18 with 2838 viewsRyorry

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:02 - Nov 18 by LankHenners

Why are you assuming it’s a line rather than part of something bigger which we can’t properly see because it’s being obscured? The detail in between her and Andrew clearly looks like the design of some sort of furniture leg.

Because however wonderful the design of some sort of furniture leg might be, it's unlikely to suddenly come to life, snake out, and insert itself between her hand and her hip!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:23 - Nov 18 with 2829 viewsLankHenners

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:19 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

Because however wonderful the design of some sort of furniture leg might be, it's unlikely to suddenly come to life, snake out, and insert itself between her hand and her hip!

Yeah, probably because it was there in the first place.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:27 - Nov 18 with 2812 viewsRyorry

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:23 - Nov 18 by LankHenners

Yeah, probably because it was there in the first place.

🤣
I think you should be putting your ideas forward to this team!

https://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-plans-unmade-third-movie/

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:30 - Nov 18 with 2806 viewsbrazil1982

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:29 - Nov 18 by Bluebell

I am certainly no royalist but I do think have a royal family brings a lot of money to the country with tourists etc.

But what does annoy me are all the so called 'royals' on the civil list. Why should the country be paying for people like Prince Andrew and his children be receiving money for doing sod all?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 12:30]

You should read up what the civil list is -
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:31 - Nov 18 with 2798 viewsfooters

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:57 - Nov 18 with 2754 viewsRyorry

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:31 - Nov 18 by footers

I know you've got your folding chair ready, but you forgot this dear -

[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 13:58]

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 15:12 - Nov 18 with 2693 viewsGeoffSentence

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 08:50 - Nov 18 by bluelagos

Now? Like before this interview there was any justification for an unelected head of state?

There surely isn't. If anyone was coming up with a method of government from scratch I can't imagine a monarchy would get much support.

That said there is so much that is more screwed up with our democracy that getting rid of Her Maj and associated hangers on would be close to the bottom of my wish list.

Fixing the voting system so that it was truly representative and replacing the House Of Lords with an elected chamber would be the first things I would fix.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 17:18 - Nov 18 with 2639 viewsMullet

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 08:50 - Nov 18 by bluelagos

Now? Like before this interview there was any justification for an unelected head of state?

Well quite. But given TWTD is a "lefty bumfest" according to the certain types on here, seems there's a royalist faction and a half still.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 17:19 - Nov 18 with 2639 viewsMullet

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:39 - Nov 18 by TractorWood

Harry Potter world brings a lot of tourism to the UK. It doesn't mean we should let it be head of state.

This deserves a million upvotes. Well played.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:08 - Nov 18 with 2606 viewsvapour_trail

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:27 - Nov 18 by chicoazul

What would you replace them with? Don't tell me....someone like you, right?

Erm, no, not sure that’s ever been something I’ve proposed. Bit early to be on the sauce mate.

There are give or take a couple of hundred nation states around the globe that don’t require a monarchy. I’m sure we can cobble together a few examples of workable options that don’t require me to put a gold hat on and sit on a gold chair.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:24 - Nov 18 with 2587 viewsjaykay

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:34 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

I'm no expert on photos, their sources or photo-shopped stuff, so would be interested to know what those who are make of this, which is being cited by many on twitter as evidence of PA's guilt -

Specifically, what's the thick black line running from under her L armpit, down her body (incl. cutting across the white windowsill in the background) and which means her L hand seems to be floating in thin air instead of actually physically resting on her hip? Seems a bit odd to me.

no expert so don't one way or another but the black line running across the windowsill is that not the night. as it looks like a sash window ,a little bit open.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:29 - Nov 18 with 2578 viewsjeera

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:08 - Nov 18 by vapour_trail

Erm, no, not sure that’s ever been something I’ve proposed. Bit early to be on the sauce mate.

There are give or take a couple of hundred nation states around the globe that don’t require a monarchy. I’m sure we can cobble together a few examples of workable options that don’t require me to put a gold hat on and sit on a gold chair.

I'd buy a ticket to see that photo shoot though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:31 - Nov 18 with 2575 viewsfooters

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:08 - Nov 18 by vapour_trail

We could replace them with a jack in the box for all the difference it would make.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:35 - Nov 18 with 2565 viewsjeera

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:31 - Nov 18 by footers

We could replace them with a jack in the box for all the difference it would make.

Crazy isn't it.

The patriots are happy to potentially lose billions per year in lost revenue, but want to hang on to an archaic, nonsensical concept that costs the taxpayer possibly millions.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:36 - Nov 18 with 2562 viewsDubtractor

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:24 - Nov 18 by jaykay

no expert so don't one way or another but the black line running across the windowsill is that not the night. as it looks like a sash window ,a little bit open.

Yep. It's a sash window. Nothing about the pic looks fake, seems to me people are keen to look for it to be so.

If someone was going to fake it surely a) it would include Epstein and b) it would be more incriminating.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:39 - Nov 18 with 2555 viewsfooters

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:35 - Nov 18 by jeera

Crazy isn't it.

The patriots are happy to potentially lose billions per year in lost revenue, but want to hang on to an archaic, nonsensical concept that costs the taxpayer possibly millions.

When this argument comes up it usually ends with people saying 'tourism'. As far as I'm aware, Paris is the most visited city on Earth for tourism, but they chopped all their heads off ages ago.

If you just want someone to wave, sign bits of paper and act as the head of state, pick randomly from the electoral roll. We could have a new monarch every year, X-Factor style.

Jim from South Shields would be delighted to do it.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:43 - Nov 18 with 2550 viewsvapour_trail

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:29 - Nov 18 by jeera

I'd buy a ticket to see that photo shoot though.

I won’t come cheap when I’m king, pal.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:50 - Nov 18 with 2527 viewsjeera

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:36 - Nov 18 by Dubtractor

Yep. It's a sash window. Nothing about the pic looks fake, seems to me people are keen to look for it to be so.

If someone was going to fake it surely a) it would include Epstein and b) it would be more incriminating.

I'm not read on the subject.

I can see what people are saying about the black outline though - it's like dark matter has met a Ready Brek advert.

But I'm unsure of the significance of the photo. Has Pr. Andrew denied meeting her, or having sex with her? If she was of age and consenting that's irrelevant anyway.

The matter is one of trafficking isn't it? Exploitation?

If they (he, Epstein and others) were passing girls around for financial incentives then that's a big problem. I realise Epstein was an offender, but that doesn't make Andrew one just by association and being a complete tosser isn't against the law unfortunately.

What is the claim please? I've read too much other stuff recently to be up on this as well.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:52 - Nov 18 with 2519 viewsSwansea_Blue

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:35 - Nov 18 by jeera

Crazy isn't it.

I'm pretty sure it's been estimatd that they bring in more than they cost, but about 4 or 5 times. Not that it changes the arguement that they are largely pointless in all other respects.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:52 - Nov 18 with 2519 viewsjeera

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:39 - Nov 18 by footers

When this argument comes up it usually ends with people saying 'tourism'. As far as I'm aware, Paris is the most visited city on Earth for tourism, but they chopped all their heads off ages ago.

If you just want someone to wave, sign bits of paper and act as the head of state, pick randomly from the electoral roll. We could have a new monarch every year, X-Factor style.

Jim from South Shields would be delighted to do it.

People want to see the buildings, the history.

Apart from maybe a few deranged Americans who think they're going to catch a glimpse of her Maj through the Palace windows.

I don't get it. It just makes no sense.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 19:35]

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:55 - Nov 18 with 2514 viewsjeera

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:52 - Nov 18 by Swansea_Blue

I'm pretty sure it's been estimatd that they bring in more than they cost, but about 4 or 5 times. Not that it changes the arguement that they are largely pointless in all other respects.

Show your workings Swanners!

I've read conflicting reports on this and some of those seem to be deliberately ambiguous.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:14 - Nov 18 with 2491 viewsLankHenners

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:50 - Nov 18 by jeera

I'm not read on the subject.

I can see what people are saying about the black outline though - it's like dark matter has met a Ready Brek advert.

But I'm unsure of the significance of the photo. Has Pr. Andrew denied meeting her, or having sex with her? If she was of age and consenting that's irrelevant anyway.

The matter is one of trafficking isn't it? Exploitation?

If they (he, Epstein and others) were passing girls around for financial incentives then that's a big problem. I realise Epstein was an offender, but that doesn't make Andrew one just by association and being a complete tosser isn't against the law unfortunately.

What is the claim please? I've read too much other stuff recently to be up on this as well.

Andrew claims to have zero knowledge/recollection of the woman in question at all, which contradicts the photographic evidence of him having met her. There is also flight log data confirming the pair of them were at the same places at the same time.

Given she alleges she was groomed and trafficked by Epstein and Maxwell, the issue of 'consent' seems to become rather blurred. I'm not sure what the specific crime is in those circumstances (if there is one), but questions have to be asked about anyone who associated with a sex trafficking paedophile pre and post conviction.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:15 - Nov 18 with 2486 viewsDubtractor

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:14 - Nov 18 by LankHenners

Andrew claims to have zero knowledge/recollection of the woman in question at all, which contradicts the photographic evidence of him having met her. There is also flight log data confirming the pair of them were at the same places at the same time.

Given she alleges she was groomed and trafficked by Epstein and Maxwell, the issue of 'consent' seems to become rather blurred. I'm not sure what the specific crime is in those circumstances (if there is one), but questions have to be asked about anyone who associated with a sex trafficking paedophile pre and post conviction.

Nah, you forget, HRH was just TOO honourable. It's an admiral fault all things considered.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:20 - Nov 18 with 2470 viewsgordon

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:55 - Nov 18 by jeera

Show your workings Swanners!

I've read conflicting reports on this and some of those seem to be deliberately ambiguous.

Yes, it would be pretty much impossible to do a cost benefit analysis on the royal family. Whatever benefits there might be are pretty intangible, and we've no idea how many people would visit Buckingham Palace in a world where we'd kicked out the Royals and opened it up for ghost tours and stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024