Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? 10:17 - Nov 17 with 15697 viewsMullet

After those sweaty revelations and the like, is it not yet another indicator that whilst we have had nearly a decade of Tory led impoverishment, that we need to act?

We could easily sort this country this election. Vote in Corbyn, and he can keep us in Europe (a nod to the royals after all) and nationalise all the land, houses, corgis and use the taxes to pay for broadband and hospitals.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 20:05 - Nov 17 with 3272 viewssparks

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 20:02 - Nov 17 by Mullet

I wouldn't kill them.

But I'd give them one provincial residence of their choice (they'd probably go to Norfolk if they're sensible the locals will be that bit more deferential and bovine) and a pension for the natural lives of Liz and her children. After that, they get what HMRC can't claw back from the caymans in the reformation.

Nationalise everything else, charge Americans an extra tourist tax and give them "VIP access" to where Phillip used to wipe his ass or Charles boffed Camilla in secret or whatever, and use the cash to fix Britain up a bit.

Given what Brexit is founded on when it comes to "unelected" wastes of cash, surely 52% of the population would welcome this with open arms already?

I have no idea about the truth or evidence for any of this.

But I will make the observation that, generally, we tend to get upset when people are treated as guilty until proven innocent. And that might be a good thing.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 20:18 - Nov 17 with 3243 viewsAce_High1

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 20:05 - Nov 17 by sparks

But I will make the observation that, generally, we tend to get upset when people are treated as guilty until proven innocent. And that might be a good thing.

Absolutely, but when people who should no better act like complete numpty's then it is going to cause some debate?
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 21:58 - Nov 17 with 3187 viewsRyorry

Social media seems to have very much changed that going by last night's reaction to the interview, with 99% going for "PrinceNonce (a term which is now trending) - guilty". Often for the most ridiculous reasons - eg "How could he remember visiting Pizza Express but not remember shagging the 17-year old" (as though visiting the eatery was something he did every week; or how you'd remember something if you didn't actually do it). Or, another one - "how would he recognise the upstairs if he'd never been there" - as though he doesn't have staff who'd check it out & take photos for him once the allegations had been made.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 22:05 - Nov 17 with 3166 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:33 - Nov 17 by Dubtractor

Some outstanding bullsh1ttery from the alleged prince of the nonces (am i allowed to say that?).

I'm almost embarrassed for him tbh. Imagine being so aloof, so arrogant, that you could come out with this nonsense and think that it would be enough to get you off the hook?

On the plus side he will be voting Labour!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 22:06 - Nov 17 with 3170 viewsvapour_trail

Agreed. And a legal process would be welcome.

What last night illustrated was an attitude you would expect from someone raised being told he was born to rule.

The monarchy is a disgrace and should be abolished.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 22:21 - Nov 17 with 3151 viewsMelford

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:13 - Nov 17 by factual_blue

I want to know more about his 'medical condition' that stopped him from sweating.

Most of the ones I've found sound rather serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypohidrosis

Sir Alistair Cook doesn't sweat https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1335730/Turning-heat-sweat-Eng

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 22:55 - Nov 17 with 3130 viewsjaykay

"i have no recollection of this " is that speak it could be true or it could not be. not a yes or a no.
the royal family is one of the most dysfunctional families in the country

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 07:40 - Nov 18 with 3032 viewsTractorWood

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:13 - Nov 17 by factual_blue

I want to know more about his 'medical condition' that stopped him from sweating.

Most of the ones I've found sound rather serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypohidrosis

There's quite a few pictures of him sweating circulating on Twitter as there are pictures of him giving public displays of affection and not wearing a suit. All things he never does.

Most insiders have said he's arrogant and out of touch so just bulldozed through this interview with no advice or a game plan. In a world of heavily finessed PR it really shows and has humiliated the royals.

As others have said I'm no fan of the Royals but Liz has been exemplary and a bad word can't be said about her. She's holding it together at the moment.

Pleased for Emily Maitlis, she's always been excellent.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 08:42 - Nov 18 with 2992 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 07:40 - Nov 18 by TractorWood

There's quite a few pictures of him sweating circulating on Twitter as there are pictures of him giving public displays of affection and not wearing a suit. All things he never does.

Most insiders have said he's arrogant and out of touch so just bulldozed through this interview with no advice or a game plan. In a world of heavily finessed PR it really shows and has humiliated the royals.

As others have said I'm no fan of the Royals but Liz has been exemplary and a bad word can't be said about her. She's holding it together at the moment.

Personally, I blame the parents.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 08:50 - Nov 18 with 2993 viewsbluelagos

Now? Like before this interview there was any justification for an unelected head of state?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 10:32 - Nov 18 with 2935 viewsRyorry

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 07:40 - Nov 18 by TractorWood

Fwiw I don't have that disease (as far as I'm aware) but the number of times I've sweated in my life I could almost count on the fingers of one hand - however hot it is, or hard work I'm doing, I just don't seem to sweat. Takes temps of over 30C & to be engaged in really hard physical work for me to come out with any bead - think some people just don't do so very much.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:21 - Nov 18 with 2905 viewstabletopjoe

Don’t worry, as soon as Elizabeth R dies, the howling for the end will begin. It will be interesting to see the differences in the coronations showing the radical changes to Britain that have taken place during her reign

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:29 - Nov 18 with 2896 viewsBluebell

I am certainly no royalist but I do think have a royal family brings a lot of money to the country with tourists etc.

But what does annoy me are all the so called 'royals' on the civil list. Why should the country be paying for people like Prince Andrew and his children be receiving money for doing sod all?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 12:30]
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:31 - Nov 18 with 2892 viewslowhouseblue

i think a free corgi is going to be one of corbyn's less successful promises.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:34 - Nov 18 with 2892 viewsRyorry

I'm no expert on photos, their sources or photo-shopped stuff, so would be interested to know what those who are make of this, which is being cited by many on twitter as evidence of PA's guilt -

Specifically, what's the thick black line running from under her L armpit, down her body (incl. cutting across the white windowsill in the background) and which means her L hand seems to be floating in thin air instead of actually physically resting on her hip? Seems a bit odd to me.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:39 - Nov 18 with 2880 viewsTractorWood

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:29 - Nov 18 by Bluebell

I am certainly no royalist but I do think have a royal family brings a lot of money to the country with tourists etc.

But what does annoy me are all the so called 'royals' on the civil list. Why should the country be paying for people like Prince Andrew and his children be receiving money for doing sod all?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 12:30]

Harry Potter world brings a lot of tourism to the UK. It doesn't mean we should let it be head of state.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:12 - Nov 18 with 2841 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:34 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

I'm no expert on photos, their sources or photo-shopped stuff, so would be interested to know what those who are make of this, which is being cited by many on twitter as evidence of PA's guilt -

Specifically, what's the thick black line running from under her L armpit, down her body (incl. cutting across the white windowsill in the background) and which means her L hand seems to be floating in thin air instead of actually physically resting on her hip? Seems a bit odd to me.

Whilst his interview was absolutely terrible and I don't think he comes out of this well, it would be quite remarkable if she was legitimately positioned so that her armpit to his hand was almost a perfect straight line.

It looks an obvious photoshop with her arm so unnaturally positioned, him being conveniently side on, her being conveniently straight on and a lucky black line / border round her side, his hand, which is a very easy way of not having to worry about being precise with the background.

Looks clearly doctored. Even very convenient that Maxwell is in the shot too just to add a link to Epstein.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:25 - Nov 18 with 2817 viewsLankHenners

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:12 - Nov 18 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Whilst his interview was absolutely terrible and I don't think he comes out of this well, it would be quite remarkable if she was legitimately positioned so that her armpit to his hand was almost a perfect straight line.

It looks an obvious photoshop with her arm so unnaturally positioned, him being conveniently side on, her being conveniently straight on and a lucky black line / border round her side, his hand, which is a very easy way of not having to worry about being precise with the background.

Looks clearly doctored. Even very convenient that Maxwell is in the shot too just to add a link to Epstein.

How much experience of photo editing do you have to be so confident of that assumption, rather than realise that a photo is a still moment in time and anyone’s arm can be in any position when it’s taken and thus look ‘unnatural’?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:27 - Nov 18 with 2801 viewschicoazul

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 22:06 - Nov 17 by vapour_trail

Agreed. And a legal process would be welcome.

What last night illustrated was an attitude you would expect from someone raised being told he was born to rule.

The monarchy is a disgrace and should be abolished.

What would you replace them with? Don't tell me....someone like you, right?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:33 - Nov 18 with 2772 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:25 - Nov 18 by LankHenners

How much experience of photo editing do you have to be so confident of that assumption, rather than realise that a photo is a still moment in time and anyone’s arm can be in any position when it’s taken and thus look ‘unnatural’?

Quite a bit actually as I spend hours a day using Photoshop.

It's not just the unnatural position of her arm, which can be mid-adjustment. It's the near perfect straight line and the large black border which are hugely convenient here, as are the angles of all concerned.

Too many convenient things going on in this image from a Photoshopping perspective. If I was looking to fake an image of these three and looked for separate images of them to put together they'd all be doing exactly what they are doing here.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:37 - Nov 18 with 2753 viewsRyorry

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:33 - Nov 18 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It's not just the unnatural position of her arm, which can be mid-adjustment. It's the near perfect straight line and the large black border which are hugely convenient here, as are the angles of all concerned.

Too many convenient things going on in this image from a Photoshopping perspective. If I was looking to fake an image of these three and looked for separate images of them to put together they'd all be doing exactly what they are doing here.

Interesting, thanks.

Also, the black line crossing over the windowsill & then down in front of her left hand looked a physical impossibility in reality to me.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 12:44]

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:40 - Nov 18 with 2741 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:33 - Nov 18 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Look above the right-hand side of her head. A thick black line.

The same line runs down the left-hand side of her hair.

And over her left shoulder.

All down her left side.

Between her left hip and her left hand.

All down her left thigh.

She pretty much has a black border round her. Which - if standing randomly for a photo being taken would be odds of millions to one based on the random placement of stuff behind her.

This is clearly a fake. Before you even start on the position of her hand, the weird appearance of it and the random object just to the left of it which is not her hand, not belongs to Maxwell.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 12:42]

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:48 - Nov 18 with 2719 viewsLankHenners

So we’ve conceded the arm is just how it is, good.

The quality of the picture makes it hard to make out some of the background stuff but not unreasonable that the black line is a shadow of something obscured or even part of a chair. The angles of people turning to look at the camera are suspicious? Righto.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:56 - Nov 18 with 2705 viewsRyorry

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:48 - Nov 18 by LankHenners

So we’ve conceded the arm is just how it is, good.

The quality of the picture makes it hard to make out some of the background stuff but not unreasonable that the black line is a shadow of something obscured or even part of a chair. The angles of people turning to look at the camera are suspicious? Righto.

But as I said in my edit above, the black line crossing over the windowsill & then down in front of her left hand looks a physical impossibility in reality to me. Shadows don't have that kind of precise definition/contrast, and chairs don't magically weave themselves through/around other physical objects whilst photos are being taken!

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 13:02 - Nov 18 with 2689 viewsLankHenners

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:56 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

But as I said in my edit above, the black line crossing over the windowsill & then down in front of her left hand looks a physical impossibility in reality to me. Shadows don't have that kind of precise definition/contrast, and chairs don't magically weave themselves through/around other physical objects whilst photos are being taken!

Why are you assuming it’s a line rather than part of something bigger which we can’t properly see because it’s being obscured? The detail in between her and Andrew clearly looks like the design of some sort of furniture leg.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024