Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge... 08:19 - Nov 6 with 9012 viewsBlockJJ

Really hope someone comes in for him in January. Shoehorning him in to every team is a joke.

If he's played wide he drifts in and leaves us open (hence why their RB was having such a great time in the first half, and if we play him in the middle or behind the striker he hasn't reached acceptable levels (imho) this season.

Every time he got the ball yesterday he turned and went back... now I am all for keeping possession and playing along the back four when necessary but it was his first option; turn, and play it back.

Aye, this on 10:16 - Nov 6 with 3182 viewsDyland

Judge... on 10:07 - Nov 6 by LankHenners

In fairness, it's not really his fault for being shoehorned into LM in a 442 - you'd like to think the manager would see that as an issue.

That's not to say that's the only thing holding him back, he has underwhelmed and a lot of the criticism is frustration that there was a higher expectation of him. He's clearly been affected by off the pitch issues so there has to be sympathy but at the same time it can't be an excuse for every below-par performance. The biggest difference in him for me is that when he first joined he was excellent at getting in the ref's ear, cajoling his teammates and being the cliched 'manager on the pitch' which he seems to have lost this season.

The 'lack of assists' tag people love to thrash out is a bit harsh - in his better games he's been heavily involved in attacks that have created goals, and could have had a handful of assists had Norwood shown any signs of composure in his finishing. I'd wager the people making that point know this though and are choosing to ignore it.

As Steve mentioned above Judge seems to be the subject of the absolute worst types of football related discussions on here: people taking up a position and refusing to add any nuance to their thoughts, replying to any disagreements with pompous sarcasm and patronisation.

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Judge... on 10:23 - Nov 6 with 3174 viewsGarv

Judge... on 10:03 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

He's got one more than Emyr Huws, despite having more than three times as much game time.

That's not surprising is it, considering Emyr Huws is the best player in the league when fit, or something like that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Judge... on 10:35 - Nov 6 with 3159 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 10:07 - Nov 6 by LankHenners

In fairness, it's not really his fault for being shoehorned into LM in a 442 - you'd like to think the manager would see that as an issue.

That's not to say that's the only thing holding him back, he has underwhelmed and a lot of the criticism is frustration that there was a higher expectation of him. He's clearly been affected by off the pitch issues so there has to be sympathy but at the same time it can't be an excuse for every below-par performance. The biggest difference in him for me is that when he first joined he was excellent at getting in the ref's ear, cajoling his teammates and being the cliched 'manager on the pitch' which he seems to have lost this season.

The 'lack of assists' tag people love to thrash out is a bit harsh - in his better games he's been heavily involved in attacks that have created goals, and could have had a handful of assists had Norwood shown any signs of composure in his finishing. I'd wager the people making that point know this though and are choosing to ignore it.

As Steve mentioned above Judge seems to be the subject of the absolute worst types of football related discussions on here: people taking up a position and refusing to add any nuance to their thoughts, replying to any disagreements with pompous sarcasm and patronisation.

So it's Norwood's fault Judge hasn't made a more tangible contribution? Nice one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 10:36 - Nov 6 with 3156 viewsDyland

Judge... on 10:35 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

So it's Norwood's fault Judge hasn't made a more tangible contribution? Nice one.

ntfsh

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 10:38 - Nov 6 with 3152 viewsHerbivore

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 10:36 - Nov 6 by Dyland

ntfsh

He was improved and did some good stuff last night... on 10:44 - Nov 6 with 3146 viewsunstableblue

...as he said himself it still wasn't great but he's getting back on track.

We're going to lose Norwood at times; Lankester is a way off, as is Sears/Bishop....

Its a long season, we need him.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 10:51 - Nov 6 with 3140 viewsDyland

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 10:38 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 10:59 - Nov 6 with 3134 viewsHerbivore

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 10:51 - Nov 6 by Dyland

Yeah, my response was really a response to the last bit of his post about the sarcastic responses.

I don't fully agree with his post and I do kind of think that blaming other players for Judge not having more assists is a bit absurd and wouldn't be an argument used in defence of any other player. That said there's some good points in there too. I don't think it's unreasonable for expectations of Judge to be fairly high though given he's probably our highest earner and, to some, our best player. I've seen people say he's not played that badly because he had a shot (which he didn't score from) or made a cross (which we didn't score from). I think having higher expectations for him than that is quite fair.

Login to get fewer ads

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 11:05 - Nov 6 with 3126 viewsDyland

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 10:59 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

Yeah, my response was really a response to the last bit of his post about the sarcastic responses.

I don't fully agree with his post and I do kind of think that blaming other players for Judge not having more assists is a bit absurd and wouldn't be an argument used in defence of any other player. That said there's some good points in there too. I don't think it's unreasonable for expectations of Judge to be fairly high though given he's probably our highest earner and, to some, our best player. I've seen people say he's not played that badly because he had a shot (which he didn't score from) or made a cross (which we didn't score from). I think having higher expectations for him than that is quite fair.

suq

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 11:37 - Nov 6 with 3103 viewsLankHenners

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 10:59 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

Who's blaming other players for that? It's true and why, in general, just going on assists isn't a great way of judging (no pun intended) a player. For one example, had Norwood hit his shot in the last minute against Doncaster anywhere but straight at the 'keeper we'd have been talking about a great last gasp win with an excellent assist by Judge but that bit of play gets forgotten about because it amounted to nothing.

The only reason I referred to it was because some on here wang on about Judge's assists (or lack of) as if it's the be all and end all of him as a player.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 11:45 - Nov 6 with 3092 viewsHerbivore

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 11:37 - Nov 6 by LankHenners

Who's blaming other players for that? It's true and why, in general, just going on assists isn't a great way of judging (no pun intended) a player. For one example, had Norwood hit his shot in the last minute against Doncaster anywhere but straight at the 'keeper we'd have been talking about a great last gasp win with an excellent assist by Judge but that bit of play gets forgotten about because it amounted to nothing.

The only reason I referred to it was because some on here wang on about Judge's assists (or lack of) as if it's the be all and end all of him as a player.

But Jackson has managed four assists playing alongside the profligate Norwood. I wouldn't say it's a case that Judge has just been really unlucky and our strikers only miss chances he creates, most of Norwood's misses have been assisted by others. Judge just isn't creating a lot and those that defend him tend to cling on to the odd chance he does create in order to suggest that he's not actually playing that badly. There's no escaping that he's been hugely disappointing this season by any analysis.

Judge... on 11:49 - Nov 6 with 3086 viewsmonty_radio

Judge... on 08:39 - Nov 6 by Keaneish

I thought Edwards was very poor at right back. Allowed too many crosses into the box, made some poor decisions to either draw a foul or dally on the ball and got caught out. Not strong enough and lost the ball higher up the pitch on occasion which caused issues. Positionally he wasn’t great at times either.

If it's preventing crosses coming into the box you're after, then, at our level (as opposed, say, to England's full back riches) you need a defender first and foremost rather than a frustrated winger. Not many of our recent full backs could consistently get close enough to stop the flow of crosses. Probably Donacien has been as good as any at that, certainly not Kenlock.
But employing 3-5-2 at L1 level you're never going to get a raiding wing-back who could as easily slip effectively into a 4-4-2.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 11:53 - Nov 6 with 3079 viewsLankHenners

That's what you took from the post? Nice one! on 11:45 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

But Jackson has managed four assists playing alongside the profligate Norwood. I wouldn't say it's a case that Judge has just been really unlucky and our strikers only miss chances he creates, most of Norwood's misses have been assisted by others. Judge just isn't creating a lot and those that defend him tend to cling on to the odd chance he does create in order to suggest that he's not actually playing that badly. There's no escaping that he's been hugely disappointing this season by any analysis.

It's not a very clean comparison as the positions Jackson's got assists from have been pulling the ball back from the byline which Judge doesn't get into. Either way, I've not, and haven't, excused him for anything. I've said numerous times he's underwhelmed both on expectations put on him and in general if you take that away.

My main point was that the discussions over Judge tend to be sh!t with the truth of the matter, as ever, between where most people are putting the stake down.

Judge... on 12:34 - Nov 6 with 3061 viewsSuperblue95

Judge... on 08:51 - Nov 6 by blueysbackside

I'd keep him for the season. Whilst he's out of form - and has been for a while - he is an integral member of the squad. Dozzell is the one player we should sell in January and then splash out - if it's possible - on a brand-spanking new left back. For the sake of the team and the future of this club, Dozzell should be sold in order to strengthen the one position where we are clearly weak. Can you imagine if we had another KVY-type player on the left? Tasty.

“he's out of form - and has been for a while“

Ever since a certain Luke Hyam upended him, in fact.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Judge... on 13:00 - Nov 6 with 3046 viewsEireannach_gorm

Judge... on 10:03 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

He's got one more than Emyr Huws, despite having more than three times as much game time.

Another player who was going to tear up Div One. Emyr has not been pulling up many trees.
Judge... on 13:04 - Nov 6 with 3034 viewsEireannach_gorm

Judge... on 10:35 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

Is that what you take out of a reasonable assessment for the lack of assists?
Judge... on 13:08 - Nov 6 with 3023 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 13:04 - Nov 6 by Eireannach_gorm

Is that what you take out of a reasonable assessment for the lack of assists?

It's a bad look when another poster has been whooshed and the whoosh is there for all to see and you rush headlong into the same whoosh (though actually I disagree that it's a reasonable analysis of his lack of assists).

Judge... on 13:13 - Nov 6 with 3007 viewsLankHenners

Judge... on 13:08 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

It's a bad look when another poster has been whooshed and the whoosh is there for all to see and you rush headlong into the same whoosh (though actually I disagree that it's a reasonable analysis of his lack of assists).

To be fair, it's hard to see what a whoosh is (or even count it as one) when the post is exact same style of the poster's regular posting.

Judge... on 13:16 - Nov 6 with 2996 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 13:13 - Nov 6 by LankHenners

To be fair, it's hard to see what a whoosh is (or even count it as one) when the post is exact same style of the poster's regular posting.

Yawn.

Judge... on 14:04 - Nov 6 with 2971 viewsEireannach_gorm

Judge... on 13:16 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

Yawn.

Your counter arguments are getting better.
Judge... on 15:57 - Nov 6 with 2934 viewsWickets

Judge... on 09:30 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

I hope he does go on to make a positive contribution. Thus far he's been poor by any standard, without taking account of him being one of our top paid players and someone who people said was too good for this level. Regarding the football he's missed, he made well over 30 appearances last season. I don't think that's all that much of an excuse anymore. I worry he won't ever get back to being close to the player he used to be, but I hope that's not the case.

Its not Judges fault that some think he is too good for this level is it , Did you say all he did last night was have 1 good shot on target !! Have a word with yourself .
Judge... on 19:00 - Nov 6 with 2892 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 15:57 - Nov 6 by Wickets

Its not Judges fault that some think he is too good for this level is it , Did you say all he did last night was have 1 good shot on target !! Have a word with yourself .

What else did he do? I saw him boot it out a couple of times, I saw a couple of other passes easily intercepted. He took a couple of corners too. Oh, and he decided to shoot from a freekick out wide when our CBs had come up and we'd looked a threat from set pieces. What have I missed?

Judge... on 07:53 - Nov 7 with 2843 viewsportmanking

Judge... on 19:00 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

What else did he do? I saw him boot it out a couple of times, I saw a couple of other passes easily intercepted. He took a couple of corners too. Oh, and he decided to shoot from a freekick out wide when our CBs had come up and we'd looked a threat from set pieces. What have I missed?

The vicious dipping shot he had tipped away that was destined for the top right corner?
Judge... on 08:22 - Nov 7 with 2835 viewshampstead_blue

Judge... on 08:21 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

If they do, we'll end up letting him go for very little, if anything. Should have sold in August. He flattered to deceive last season - Mullet wasn't calling him the 'statless messiah' for nothing.

we agree on something!!! happy days...

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Judge... on 09:02 - Nov 7 with 2822 viewsChurchman

I would keep him and the squad as it is in January, unless a player wants to leave. The team may not be playing like Barcelona, but the players look happy and 5he team are digging out results. If it’s not working out by the seasons end for Judge, let him go then. If anything I’d look to add another decent young full back if one became available.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024